Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Traitor's Keep- Mafia(Subs needed)D2
1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 43 44
despite my sus of tangle, i'd still like to poke at people sussing tangle with reasoning i'm not entirely sure i can get behind ;o [quote name="@RaccoonusDoodus" date="2022-12-02 01:11:04" ] [b]Tangle[/b] I feel she is the most sus out of anyone. If I remember correctly, she was one of the ones leading most of the conversation D1/N1, and was active when Berry king claimed. Lyre did mention he was certain she is not medic or dungeon master, however, though unlikely, it’s not impossible Tangle may have been role blocked, and just unable to save Berry. But, I am not inclined to believe this as no one has claimed dungeon master and Shimmer claimed medic without being countered. Because of this, I’m [i]leaning scum[/i] [/quote] i don't think i completely understand your logic here--what in particular about these things makes tangle suspicious to you? how does tangle being an active speaker / being active when berry claimed / not being medic or dungeon master point towards tangle being scum?
despite my sus of tangle, i'd still like to poke at people sussing tangle with reasoning i'm not entirely sure i can get behind ;o

@RaccoonusDoodus wrote on 2022-12-02 01:11:04:
Tangle
I feel she is the most sus out of anyone. If I remember correctly, she was one of the ones leading most of the conversation D1/N1, and was active when Berry king claimed. Lyre did mention he was certain she is not medic or dungeon master, however, though unlikely, it’s not impossible Tangle may have been role blocked, and just unable to save Berry. But, I am not inclined to believe this as no one has claimed dungeon master and Shimmer claimed medic without being countered. Because of this, I’m leaning scum

i don't think i completely understand your logic here--what in particular about these things makes tangle suspicious to you? how does tangle being an active speaker / being active when berry claimed / not being medic or dungeon master point towards tangle being scum?
jghAv2V.png
I could prove it today, just to play it safe proving it N2 is better.
I could prove it today, just to play it safe proving it N2 is better.
arcane_space_new_copy_by_cassiopie-dbkaj3c.png
[quote name="Tanglefire" date="2022-12-01 05:15:13" ] I am however still very confused and indecisive on whether storm is actually mafia. IIRC how this whole storm vs berry started because berry was analysing the vote on me, and concluded that storm must be maf based on that. Thus everything continues from there. Assuming storm really is mafia: I’m just unsure why mafia would initially want to put a vote on me?? To frame berry?? But how can they be sure that Berry will come up with the conclusion “storm is maf!!”, allowing storm to do all the defence things? Also storm has been townreaded by basically everyone so far, if they vote according to what they announced they would just slip by unnoticed. Why draw attention to herself with this weird fake voting?? Had she lay low, we would have no leads right now and will probably still be on some inactive elim tmr. When looking at the outcome of things, it’s true that mafia have successfully baited a King out and all. But mafia couldn’t have planned all this unless they can see the future. (And if they can I suggest working for the fbi instead of wasting your talents here) It just doesn’t make much sense for mafia to do that move if storm were mafia. Someone correct me if I got this wrong somewhere. [/quote] @stormdreamer my post back then, will probably answer your question In simpler words: 1)no reason to expose yourself 2)uncertain outcome with too many risks that mafia wouldn’t take 3)with your experience I don’t believe you would accidentally put a vote without knowing what you’re doing 4)basically it’s pointless and risky for you to vote me if you were mafia
Tanglefire wrote on 2022-12-01 05:15:13:
I am however still very confused and indecisive on whether storm is actually mafia.
IIRC how this whole storm vs berry started because berry was analysing the vote on me, and concluded that storm must be maf based on that. Thus everything continues from there.

Assuming storm really is mafia:
I’m just unsure why mafia would initially want to put a vote on me?? To frame berry?? But how can they be sure that Berry will come up with the conclusion “storm is maf!!”, allowing storm to do all the defence things?
Also storm has been townreaded by basically everyone so far, if they vote according to what they announced they would just slip by unnoticed. Why draw attention to herself with this weird fake voting?? Had she lay low, we would have no leads right now and will probably still be on some inactive elim tmr.

When looking at the outcome of things, it’s true that mafia have successfully baited a King out and all. But mafia couldn’t have planned all this unless they can see the future. (And if they can I suggest working for the fbi instead of wasting your talents here)

It just doesn’t make much sense for mafia to do that move if storm were mafia.
Someone correct me if I got this wrong somewhere.

@stormdreamer my post back then, will probably answer your question

In simpler words:
1)no reason to expose yourself
2)uncertain outcome with too many risks that mafia wouldn’t take
3)with your experience I don’t believe you would accidentally put a vote without knowing what you’re doing
4)basically it’s pointless and risky for you to vote me if you were mafia
wow.

alright alright, some thought processes...

i don't like how this is going for tangle - everyone is on her wagon. everyone, mind you, sans me at this point, which, to be fair, means that scum team is dog-piling onto someone and town is doing the same. i don't like this, especially when everything so far is just a lack of direct evidence that it is 100% tangle. i wasn't feeling the most sus of tangle and now i am fairly certain it is not tanglefire.

so, it is entirely possible that seething and hiii are mafia buddies together, when EVERYONE is on the same bandwagon :fingerguns:
wow.

alright alright, some thought processes...

i don't like how this is going for tangle - everyone is on her wagon. everyone, mind you, sans me at this point, which, to be fair, means that scum team is dog-piling onto someone and town is doing the same. i don't like this, especially when everything so far is just a lack of direct evidence that it is 100% tangle. i wasn't feeling the most sus of tangle and now i am fairly certain it is not tanglefire.

so, it is entirely possible that seething and hiii are mafia buddies together, when EVERYONE is on the same bandwagon :fingerguns:
9wQxglT.png
@Tanglefire: metahuuuuunt! it's super early in the day for me but i will attempt to go through and find a few key points from last game later- and like i said, it might just be a factor of how you play in every game! i AM a bit worried on how everyone seemed to jump on you, even if a few of them i understand. i don't think we should be basing this at all on your experience as a player or on how you played in another game unless we can bring facts to the table, so if it's cool with you i'm going to wait until mob rules die down a little bit and we all are sure to have cooler heads before i set out anything i find. that way we can all approach it rationally and actually examine it, see if anything points to you. my schedule is a little hectic but i'll try to get it in with some time before the end of the day so we can discuss it- or try to get in an explanation on why it DIDN'T happen so we can discuss that too. you have every right to be defensive with so many people suddenly pulling out pitchforks, especially if you're town. this will probably read as backpedaling- good! it is. i don't trust a bandwagon and i don't think we've had enough concrete evidence, including from me, to be trying to reach an agreement so early in the day. (unrelated, but since it's technically to do with the mafia game i have to post it here: i'm sorry if it felt like you were getting attacked while you were asleep. i tried to post a little later in the day for me but i didn't remember exactly when you started coming online, and i definitely didn't expect everyone to jump up like they did. it wasn't my intention for you to wake up with a whole bunch of swords pointed at you, and i'd like to do my part in getting everything to slow down enough that we can all think things through logically [i]and[/i] you have enough time to defend yourself.) @StormDreamer: i'm afraid i don't play quite THAT chaotic, lol. in fact, i think everything here has been shaken up enough that i'm happy to get back to being pretty cautious with my aforementioned bacon! i just don't want to see us get stuck in a rut. i don't want us to tunnel on tangle, i don't want to be assumed safe- i want to see us all working together with our big clash of thoughts of opinions to figure out as close to the truth as we can. ... also you'll need to ask potato after this game is done because i ABSOLUTELY called that you would only play town until you felt town was definitively the losing side in my privchat, lolllll. @RaccoonusDoodus: [quote name="RaccoonusDoodus" date="2022-12-02 01:11:04" ] The only thing that kinda worries me, is they did say if they felt they needed to be, they would play chaotic.[/quote] that's a fair worry- however, if we're taking everything there at face value i also said that if i did i wouldn't do so in any way i believed was anti-town. ... also, see above. i think things have been shaken up enough for a bit. ^^; so, a few thoughts: - considering i knew i wanted my first act in the game to be putting more pressure on tangle... i think i can consider that a success. uh, tangle successfully pressured, reads on her reaction incoming as my thoughts percolate. reads on all the REST of y'all and how you reacted incoming as those thoughts percolate too. - strategically to help avoid grouping it's a good idea for mafia to suspect each other. then it's "oh, i couldn't be mafia, i challenged [x] right here!" imo it shouldn't be a deciding factor on a vote for that reason, but i still believe in the ability to use it as one of the supporting factors. - y'all is everything good i genuinely want to know what happened with this bandwagon. it seems kinda sudden from a lot of people. if we're tunnelling (that includes me) i want that to be shaken. to put it statistically, 33% of the people in the game right now are mafia. let's not be hasty in being judge, jury, and executioner on who exactly that is. - i'll post a proper "hey, in case i die" reads list closer to nightfall, because, you know. ... in case i die.
@Tanglefire:
metahuuuuunt! it's super early in the day for me but i will attempt to go through and find a few key points from last game later- and like i said, it might just be a factor of how you play in every game! i AM a bit worried on how everyone seemed to jump on you, even if a few of them i understand.

i don't think we should be basing this at all on your experience as a player or on how you played in another game unless we can bring facts to the table, so if it's cool with you i'm going to wait until mob rules die down a little bit and we all are sure to have cooler heads before i set out anything i find. that way we can all approach it rationally and actually examine it, see if anything points to you. my schedule is a little hectic but i'll try to get it in with some time before the end of the day so we can discuss it- or try to get in an explanation on why it DIDN'T happen so we can discuss that too. you have every right to be defensive with so many people suddenly pulling out pitchforks, especially if you're town.

this will probably read as backpedaling- good! it is. i don't trust a bandwagon and i don't think we've had enough concrete evidence, including from me, to be trying to reach an agreement so early in the day.

(unrelated, but since it's technically to do with the mafia game i have to post it here: i'm sorry if it felt like you were getting attacked while you were asleep. i tried to post a little later in the day for me but i didn't remember exactly when you started coming online, and i definitely didn't expect everyone to jump up like they did. it wasn't my intention for you to wake up with a whole bunch of swords pointed at you, and i'd like to do my part in getting everything to slow down enough that we can all think things through logically and you have enough time to defend yourself.)

@StormDreamer:
i'm afraid i don't play quite THAT chaotic, lol. in fact, i think everything here has been shaken up enough that i'm happy to get back to being pretty cautious with my aforementioned bacon! i just don't want to see us get stuck in a rut. i don't want us to tunnel on tangle, i don't want to be assumed safe- i want to see us all working together with our big clash of thoughts of opinions to figure out as close to the truth as we can.

... also you'll need to ask potato after this game is done because i ABSOLUTELY called that you would only play town until you felt town was definitively the losing side in my privchat, lolllll.

@RaccoonusDoodus:
RaccoonusDoodus wrote on 2022-12-02 01:11:04:
The only thing that kinda worries me, is they did say if they felt they needed to be, they would play chaotic.
that's a fair worry- however, if we're taking everything there at face value i also said that if i did i wouldn't do so in any way i believed was anti-town. ... also, see above. i think things have been shaken up enough for a bit. ^^;

so, a few thoughts:

- considering i knew i wanted my first act in the game to be putting more pressure on tangle... i think i can consider that a success. uh, tangle successfully pressured, reads on her reaction incoming as my thoughts percolate. reads on all the REST of y'all and how you reacted incoming as those thoughts percolate too.

- strategically to help avoid grouping it's a good idea for mafia to suspect each other. then it's "oh, i couldn't be mafia, i challenged [x] right here!" imo it shouldn't be a deciding factor on a vote for that reason, but i still believe in the ability to use it as one of the supporting factors.

- y'all is everything good i genuinely want to know what happened with this bandwagon. it seems kinda sudden from a lot of people. if we're tunnelling (that includes me) i want that to be shaken. to put it statistically, 33% of the people in the game right now are mafia. let's not be hasty in being judge, jury, and executioner on who exactly that is.

- i'll post a proper "hey, in case i die" reads list closer to nightfall, because, you know. ... in case i die.
1JiWKRV.png____nonAp0O.png________e9mzZkV.png
@Shimmerwing
i'm gonna admit, it's pretty worrisome to me when my initial goal with marking tangle out as much as i did was because she was feeling suspicious and i wanted to see her reaction to some pressure. like, i say it in the post above too- if this seems like a backpedal, it should, because it is! because i did not expect everyone to react like this to a hard read on tangle and it's making me nervous.
@Shimmerwing
i'm gonna admit, it's pretty worrisome to me when my initial goal with marking tangle out as much as i did was because she was feeling suspicious and i wanted to see her reaction to some pressure. like, i say it in the post above too- if this seems like a backpedal, it should, because it is! because i did not expect everyone to react like this to a hard read on tangle and it's making me nervous.
[quote name="@Tanglefire" date="2022-12-02 02:12:54" ] In simpler words: 1)no reason to expose yourself 2)uncertain outcome with too many risks that mafia wouldn’t take 3)with your experience I don’t believe you would accidentally put a vote without knowing what you’re doing 4)basically it’s pointless and risky for you to vote me if you were mafia [/quote] hmmm, i see ;o thank! will do a think later when i'm done with studying but that makes sense and i'm willing to let that go now. + as a couple of other people mentioned, everyone piling up on you is hmmmmm so! i am lessening my sus on you. still keeping my eye on you though ;o [quote name="@Ainsell" date="2022-12-02 05:16:21" ] @/StormDreamer: ... also you'll need to ask potato after this game is done because i ABSOLUTELY called that you would only play town until you felt town was definitively the losing side in my privchat, lolllll.[/quote] :) [quote name="Ainsell" date="2022-12-02 05:16:21" ] - i'll post a proper "hey, in case i die" reads list closer to nightfall, because, you know. ... in case i die. [/quote] cahoots game was nightless festgame, this is not xD there is a night phase here looool
@Tanglefire wrote on 2022-12-02 02:12:54:
In simpler words:
1)no reason to expose yourself
2)uncertain outcome with too many risks that mafia wouldn’t take
3)with your experience I don’t believe you would accidentally put a vote without knowing what you’re doing
4)basically it’s pointless and risky for you to vote me if you were mafia
hmmm, i see ;o thank! will do a think later when i'm done with studying but that makes sense and i'm willing to let that go now. + as a couple of other people mentioned, everyone piling up on you is hmmmmm so! i am lessening my sus on you. still keeping my eye on you though ;o

@Ainsell wrote on 2022-12-02 05:16:21:
@/StormDreamer:
... also you'll need to ask potato after this game is done because i ABSOLUTELY called that you would only play town until you felt town was definitively the losing side in my privchat, lolllll.
:)

Ainsell wrote on 2022-12-02 05:16:21:
- i'll post a proper "hey, in case i die" reads list closer to nightfall, because, you know. ... in case i die.
cahoots game was nightless festgame, this is not xD there is a night phase here looool
jghAv2V.png
@StormDreamer
crap, right. so... assuming i survive the day and before night lets up i'll post the reads list in case i die? is this more helpful. i feel like this is more helpful. i did NOT get enough sleep.
@StormDreamer
crap, right. so... assuming i survive the day and before night lets up i'll post the reads list in case i die? is this more helpful. i feel like this is more helpful. i did NOT get enough sleep.
I’m off with friends today so I’ll be stuck on mobile.

Shimmer THANK YOU your post summed up everything so well.

The speed everyone is piling + no one has actually given me a solid reasoning on why I’m sus by actual content of my posts is unnatural.
Ainsell don’t worry I’m used to waking up to the thread burning. I’m also not stressed at all tbh :) I don’t have a no elim rate for nothing.

I have a post coming up, in which I will propose who I am voting for today
I suggest you all think about that. If around half day people are still piling onto me I will prove myself. Mafia o suggest you rethink trying to elim me.
I’m off with friends today so I’ll be stuck on mobile.

Shimmer THANK YOU your post summed up everything so well.

The speed everyone is piling + no one has actually given me a solid reasoning on why I’m sus by actual content of my posts is unnatural.
Ainsell don’t worry I’m used to waking up to the thread burning. I’m also not stressed at all tbh :) I don’t have a no elim rate for nothing.

I have a post coming up, in which I will propose who I am voting for today
I suggest you all think about that. If around half day people are still piling onto me I will prove myself. Mafia o suggest you rethink trying to elim me.
imo if scum was to bandwagon on one of their own, it could not be someone who is proactively prompting discussion - hey, leading discussion is such a good disguise, why give up on that card? if mafia were to bus someone out from their own team to prove that they're trustworthy, they would probably push out someone who is quieter, with less substance to "prove" themselves, and further solidifying the trust in the pseudo town-lead.

i am not going to make nor announce my vote until the end of day. i need to ensure that tanglefire does not die from this hasty bandwagon.
imo if scum was to bandwagon on one of their own, it could not be someone who is proactively prompting discussion - hey, leading discussion is such a good disguise, why give up on that card? if mafia were to bus someone out from their own team to prove that they're trustworthy, they would probably push out someone who is quieter, with less substance to "prove" themselves, and further solidifying the trust in the pseudo town-lead.

i am not going to make nor announce my vote until the end of day. i need to ensure that tanglefire does not die from this hasty bandwagon.
9wQxglT.png
1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 43 44