Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [DISCUSSION] Creation Finale
[quote name="@PikaLink" date="2020-08-09 13:53:13" ] You need to make less assumptions. That was the farthest from sarcasm possible, it was regret. You yourself admitted there was not much to work with. I am a Town of Salem player. I'm not good with D1 discussion unless I'm baiting because throwing accusations gets you jailed, shot N2, or lynched. I don't know what to comment on unless I have facts. [/quote] This whole game is based on assumptions. Whilst in Town of Salem it's based on proof and data collected, here people are mainly silent about what they have in case something goes wrong. Here it's suspicious if you don't throw any accusations around at all, and while I vet that it's a bit harsh of a jump it's definitely a much more interesting play because of how it's based on words more than anything else. [s]and also good training to notice social cues[/s] TLDR: Facts are almost nonexistent while words are plentiful, so it won't work well at all.
@PikaLink wrote on 2020-08-09 13:53:13:
You need to make less assumptions. That was the farthest from sarcasm possible, it was regret. You yourself admitted there was not much to work with.

I am a Town of Salem player. I'm not good with D1 discussion unless I'm baiting because throwing accusations gets you jailed, shot N2, or lynched. I don't know what to comment on unless I have facts.

This whole game is based on assumptions. Whilst in Town of Salem it's based on proof and data collected, here people are mainly silent about what they have in case something goes wrong.

Here it's suspicious if you don't throw any accusations around at all, and while I vet that it's a bit harsh of a jump it's definitely a much more interesting play because of how it's based on words more than anything else.

and also good training to notice social cues

TLDR: Facts are almost nonexistent while words are plentiful, so it won't work well at all.
It-Its.png
Gaybian.png
[quote name="EmbertheSkywing" date="2020-08-07 12:42:44" ] Yeah. I'm just going to ask another question to keep discussion going: What's your opinion on sheeping? For those of you who don't know, sheeping is when someone votes for the same person someone else is voting for without adding in their own input. I believe that sheeping is bad. Yes, you can agree with someone's logic, but blindly jumping on the bandwagon isn't going to help anyone. [/quote] Sheeping is bad. xD It shows that, at best, you're not invested in the game enough to give your reasoning (which usually helps later), and at worst, you're trying to dodge responsibility for lynches. I've seen new players and even experienced scum pull it off- nobody gets a pass. :P Of course, it's not a die-hard scum indicator; I'd prompt someone to stop and share first before I'd want to lynch them. [quote name="Sincerity11" date="2020-08-07 12:51:39" ] Agreed, sheeping is[b] generally seen[/b] as suspicious behavior as well. It's suspicious because mafia players have more trouble creating input due to knowing who is maf, and agreeing with ideas they might believe they're flying under the radar. Also I don't think it necessarily only applies to voting, although that is a good example. Another example could be, something like this. Player A - I think because this & this that mafia is probably inactive. Player B - Oh yeah you're right, mafia is probably inactive. I'm not sure if that necessarily applies to the definition of sheeping but I know I would see that as such. [/quote] [quote name="@PikaLink" date="2020-08-07 14:08:55" ] Throwing suspicion around this early will only make enemies out of people who could be allies. [/quote] Ooof... that's a hard disagree here for me. xD If you don't throw some sus, how will you get evidence? What we work with are the tiniest tells, lynch results, and the way people react under pressure. Mafia is a delicate art, and managing to find scum without one third of our tools is pretty difficult. That said, you mentioned you were from ToS, and people from there usually have some experience under their belt. You mentioned that accusations make enemies, and I think that's an interesting take- how do you usually like to find scum? [quote name="NotarySojac" date="2020-08-07 14:18:16" ] The thing is, the point of the game (for town) is to find mafia, not to personally avoid getting voted out/killed at night, and it's a lot easier for mafia to hide when there isn't much discussion going on, which is part of the rationale I use for the way I play. There is always someone who is going to be nightkilled, and usually someone who is going to be voted out, so lying low does not help the town on its win condition. [/quote] ^^ [quote name="PikaLink" date="2020-08-07 14:19:10" ] That's exactly what I had no clue how to put into words! [/quote] *confusion noises xD* Sojac just said that they like accusations because it brings about discussion, right? [quote name="PikaLink" date="2020-08-09 06:58:11" ] The most aggressive player down... Probably best for mafia, but the worst for us... [/quote] Actually, Notary was one of two players who claimed a call-out playstyle- him and Sincerity. Others might've done it, but Sincerity was the other one who responded after the claim that accusations make enemies. It makes sense that you'd see him as the most aggressive, though- his post directly addressed some of the points we assumed from your post (i.e., staying alive as the goal of the game) and was also the post you chose to agree with, so he's probably the one you'd remember more. [quote name="PikaLink" date="2020-08-09 13:53:13" ] You need to make less assumptions. That was the farthest from sarcasm possible, it was regret. You yourself admitted there was not much to work with. I am a Town of Salem player. I'm not good with D1 discussion unless I'm baiting because throwing accusations gets you jailed, shot N2, or lynched. I don't know what to comment on unless I have facts. [/quote] Alright, still getting used to reading you, so I'll ignore the tone thing. What specifically were you looking for to work with at that point? And, just because I'm sleepy and feel like a potato, would you mind explaining the difference between baiting and throwing accusations? xD Thank you. :) ToS[i] is[/i] a pretty different site from what I've gathered. xD It's good to have you here!
EmbertheSkywing wrote on 2020-08-07 12:42:44:
Yeah.

I'm just going to ask another question to keep discussion going: What's your opinion on sheeping?

For those of you who don't know, sheeping is when someone votes for the same person someone else is voting for without adding in their own input.

I believe that sheeping is bad. Yes, you can agree with someone's logic, but blindly jumping on the bandwagon isn't going to help anyone.

Sheeping is bad. xD It shows that, at best, you're not invested in the game enough to give your reasoning (which usually helps later), and at worst, you're trying to dodge responsibility for lynches. I've seen new players and even experienced scum pull it off- nobody gets a pass. :P Of course, it's not a die-hard scum indicator; I'd prompt someone to stop and share first before I'd want to lynch them.
Sincerity11 wrote on 2020-08-07 12:51:39:
Agreed, sheeping is generally seen as suspicious behavior as well. It's suspicious because mafia players have more trouble creating input due to knowing who is maf, and agreeing with ideas they might believe they're flying under the radar. Also I don't think it necessarily only applies to voting, although that is a good example. Another example could be, something like this.

Player A - I think because this & this that mafia is probably inactive.

Player B - Oh yeah you're right, mafia is probably inactive.

I'm not sure if that necessarily applies to the definition of sheeping but I know I would see that as such.
@PikaLink wrote on 2020-08-07 14:08:55:
Throwing suspicion around this early will only make enemies out of people who could be allies.

Ooof... that's a hard disagree here for me. xD If you don't throw some sus, how will you get evidence? What we work with are the tiniest tells, lynch results, and the way people react under pressure. Mafia is a delicate art, and managing to find scum without one third of our tools is pretty difficult.

That said, you mentioned you were from ToS, and people from there usually have some experience under their belt. You mentioned that accusations make enemies, and I think that's an interesting take- how do you usually like to find scum?
NotarySojac wrote on 2020-08-07 14:18:16:
The thing is, the point of the game (for town) is to find mafia, not to personally avoid getting voted out/killed at night, and it's a lot easier for mafia to hide when there isn't much discussion going on, which is part of the rationale I use for the way I play. There is always someone who is going to be nightkilled, and usually someone who is going to be voted out, so lying low does not help the town on its win condition.

^^
PikaLink wrote on 2020-08-07 14:19:10:
That's exactly what I had no clue how to put into words!

*confusion noises xD*

Sojac just said that they like accusations because it brings about discussion, right?
PikaLink wrote on 2020-08-09 06:58:11:
The most aggressive player down... Probably best for mafia, but the worst for us...

Actually, Notary was one of two players who claimed a call-out playstyle- him and Sincerity. Others might've done it, but Sincerity was the other one who responded after the claim that accusations make enemies.

It makes sense that you'd see him as the most aggressive, though- his post directly addressed some of the points we assumed from your post (i.e., staying alive as the goal of the game) and was also the post you chose to agree with, so he's probably the one you'd remember more.
PikaLink wrote on 2020-08-09 13:53:13:
You need to make less assumptions. That was the farthest from sarcasm possible, it was regret. You yourself admitted there was not much to work with.

I am a Town of Salem player. I'm not good with D1 discussion unless I'm baiting because throwing accusations gets you jailed, shot N2, or lynched. I don't know what to comment on unless I have facts.

Alright, still getting used to reading you, so I'll ignore the tone thing. What specifically were you looking for to work with at that point?

And, just because I'm sleepy and feel like a potato, would you mind explaining the difference between baiting and throwing accusations? xD Thank you. :)

ToS is a pretty different site from what I've gathered. xD It's good to have you here!
16if4Z5.pngENTP- True Neutral- she/her- +3 FR time
Oh also I forgot to point this out in my earlier post, as someone said the night kill benefits mafia while being bad for us. The maf's choice in night kill was good(for them at least), so we can pretty safely assume that at least one of the mafia is an experienced player, which most people seem to be experienced in someway. The least amount of experience from what I can gather is people who haven't player fr forum mafia games before, but have played some other mafia or mafialike game.
Oh also I forgot to point this out in my earlier post, as someone said the night kill benefits mafia while being bad for us. The maf's choice in night kill was good(for them at least), so we can pretty safely assume that at least one of the mafia is an experienced player, which most people seem to be experienced in someway. The least amount of experience from what I can gather is people who haven't player fr forum mafia games before, but have played some other mafia or mafialike game.
The only mafia game I play is flicker
It’s full of people who accuse each other for being a fish or wearing a hijab or random stuff like that
It’s weird
The only mafia game I play is flicker
It’s full of people who accuse each other for being a fish or wearing a hijab or random stuff like that
It’s weird
4oO1RBo.png e iS1bBip.png GZrdw3A.png e
Craftbaobao2

She/Her || Idiot || FR +0

e
barinhas47.gif
e
e
e GZrdw3A.png iS1bBip.png e
Hello, I'm Craft! I'm not very active.
[quote name="@Sincerity11" date="2020-08-09 14:23:04" ] @/MagykalWagykal Sorry about not explaining myself at first, I have a bad habit of not explaining and/or my explanations not being clear on what I'm saying. I'll make sure in the future to always explain my votes! On other notes I'll start working on a read list which I'll post later. [/quote] Thank you! xD A readlist sounds awesome- good for you! I'll look forward to it. :) [quote name="Sincerity11" date="2020-08-09 14:36:09" ] Oh also I forgot to point this out in my earlier post, as someone said the night kill benefits mafia while being bad for us. The maf's choice in night kill was good(for them at least), so we can pretty safely assume that at least one of the mafia is an experienced player, which most people seem to be experienced in someway. The least amount of experience from what I can gather is people who haven't player fr forum mafia games before, but have played some other mafia or mafialike game. [/quote] That or they just noticed that he liked to make accusations and panicked. xD If you're scum, especially new scum, it's very nice and convenient to have town members that kind of bop, and you'd want to get rid of anyone you thought posed a threat to the no-or-guided-lynch society. :P
@Sincerity11 wrote on 2020-08-09 14:23:04:
@/MagykalWagykal

Sorry about not explaining myself at first, I have a bad habit of not explaining and/or my explanations not being clear on what I'm saying. I'll make sure in the future to always explain my votes!

On other notes I'll start working on a read list which I'll post later.

Thank you! xD A readlist sounds awesome- good for you! I'll look forward to it. :)
Sincerity11 wrote on 2020-08-09 14:36:09:

That or they just noticed that he liked to make accusations and panicked. xD If you're scum, especially new scum, it's very nice and convenient to have town members that kind of bop, and you'd want to get rid of anyone you thought posed a threat to the no-or-guided-lynch society. :P
Alright here's my readlist for now, there's a lot of neutrals and only ever slight leans just because of how early on it is, sorry for the long post [b]1. Baret[/b] Neutral/Slight Town Lean My reasonings for this is because they've added to the discussion and even when someone pointed out that their response could be considered suspicious/sheeping they didn't get defensive. While I know that doesn't make them town, it's just more likely for mafia to be defensive when even slightly accused [quote name="Baret" date="2020-08-07 14:26:35" ] Well as you just stated there's not really much that can be said about sheeping, I knew that someone would likely point that out but I just wanted to chime in as I was online and saw the thread was recently posted in. [/quote] One question though, two days ago they said this and never got back to it. [quote name="Baret" date="2020-08-07 14:28:27" ] I will read through the thread again though and see if I notice anything I find interesting [/quote] So my question is did you notice anything interesting when looking back through the thread? [b]2. Highhighhopes[/b] Neutral for now, although they do stand out to me I'm just quote what I said the other day for here [quote name="Sincerity11" date="2020-08-07 14:39:09" ] Honestly what stands out the most to me right now is HighHighHopes. They don't seem to be adding much substance to the thing, their posts currently consist of a brief snippet about sheeping, a spock quote, an introduction, and another snippet about day 1 votes. That seems to just be somewhat suspicious to me, not suspicious enough yet to warrant a vote but suspicious enough to point it out. [/quote] And question, after I said that you said you were waiting for one night to go by, so now that one night has gone by anything to add? [b]3. DraconianVibes[/b] Neutral, they also stand out to me even more than HHHopes Why they stand out because of 8 posts one(maybe two) are an introduction, 5-6 are literally just pointless fun comments with zero relation to the game, and the last one is their response to Ember's sheeping question, quoted below [quote name="DraconianVibes" date="2020-08-06 11:47:39" ] Honestly, I am a bit scared of d1 lynches. Like, what if we accidentally lynch someone that could have really helped us later on in the game? I think this is mostly where risk is involved, unless you really do have proof that they need to be lynched. But for the most part, I agree with not voting unless someone really sticks out. [/quote] So do you have anything to add? [s][b]4. NotarySojac[/b][/s] Town-flipped [b]5. EmbertheSkywing[/b] Neutral, slight town-lean Why town-lean because they've added to the discussion. Actually they generated most of the day1 discussion which definitely seems like a townie thing to do to them. People have already pointed this out about them so not much to add here. NotarySojac did point out that their question raising could be trying to be active and adding to conversation without bringing up important topics, they did however explain themselves [quote name="NotarySojac" date="2020-08-07 14:02:11" ] On a completely different note, does anyone have any ideas as to who to go after (if anyone) today? The only player who has stood out to me in any way is Ember with their bringing up discussion questions on mafia philosophy. My thoughts on that are either that they genuinely are trying to stir up discussion in an otherwise pretty dead thread, or [b]that they're trying to seem active and helpful without actually bringing up topics of discussion that actually affect the game, which is also a tactic I've seen Mafia use before. [/b]That said, I'm going to wait to see how they respond once we have actual usable information before I decide on which explanation is more likely. [/quote] [quote name="EmbertheSkywing" date="2020-08-07 22:44:37" ] @/NotarySojac I understand where you are coming from. I asked about sheeping is because I couldn't come up with anything else to ask and I remember that question being used in questionnaires before. Plus, it could be potentially useful, like contradictions for example. [/quote] [b]6. Tweeter101[/b] Neutral They've definitely added to the discussion and nothing about them particularly stands out to me. One thing I think we all have missed though, is that they went ahead and did the typical tweeter thing and roleclaimed on day 1, it's in transparent so here's the quote [quote name="Tweeter101" date="2020-08-06 11:48:03" ] My Opinion On D1 Lynches - [b]Athens[/b] They are relatively unhelpful, unless we have proof. I tend not to have strong susses, so proof is a near must for me. I know a lot of players here, so I might be a bit better on not doing that. [/quote] [b]8. Pikalink[/b] Neutral Okay so I want to put a slight maf lean but I'm not going to because all of their suspicious behavior seems to be due to being unfamiliar with the fr forum playstyle. I will definitely be keeping my eye on them for the future. Now what is suspicious about them is that they're so hesitant to accuse anyone. As they explain it is because where they usually do play accusing people makes you enemies and gets you killed, thrown in jail, etc. As I've previously explained I'd be suspicious of anyone who becomes an enemy because they've been accused of mafia. Also just now they told someone to make less assumptions, where how we win is by making assumptions and asking questions based on those, so that seems somewhat sus to me [quote name="PikaLink" date="2020-08-09 13:53:13" ] [b]You need to make less assumptions.[/b] That was the farthest from sarcasm possible, it was regret. You yourself admitted there was not much to work with. [/quote] So question here, knowing that accusing people is expected and not enemy making, is there anyone who stands out to you? [b]9. MagykalWagykal[/b] Neutral/slight town-lean Alright so while they were inactive all of day1 and night1 everything they have said since gives me townie vibes. They have been going through the thread analyzing posts and bringing up discussion which gives me townie vibes. [b]10. craftbaobao2[/b] Neutral, like HHHopes and Draco they stand out though So of their 10 posts they have had [b]nothing[/b] to add to the discussion. Even in response to Ember's questions all they asked was a confirmation on what day1 lynches were [quote name="craftbaobao2" date="2020-08-06 12:24:27" ] I’m guessing that means voting someone out on the first day? I play a game called flicker on roblox and every time someone gets out on the first day they’re an important role :’) [/quote] I suppose they have added some of their experiences in the roblox game they've played but to me that doesn't seem like a true addition to the discussion So I must also ask you, do you have anything to add to the game?
Alright here's my readlist for now, there's a lot of neutrals and only ever slight leans just because of how early on it is, sorry for the long post

1. Baret
Neutral/Slight Town Lean
My reasonings for this is because they've added to the discussion and even when someone pointed out that their response could be considered suspicious/sheeping they didn't get defensive. While I know that doesn't make them town, it's just more likely for mafia to be defensive when even slightly accused
Baret wrote on 2020-08-07 14:26:35:
Well as you just stated there's not really much that can be said about sheeping, I knew that someone would likely point that out but I just wanted to chime in as I was online and saw the thread was recently posted in.

One question though, two days ago they said this and never got back to it.
Baret wrote on 2020-08-07 14:28:27:
I will read through the thread again though and see if I notice anything I find interesting
So my question is did you notice anything interesting when looking back through the thread?

2. Highhighhopes
Neutral for now, although they do stand out to me
I'm just quote what I said the other day for here
Sincerity11 wrote on 2020-08-07 14:39:09:
Honestly what stands out the most to me right now is HighHighHopes. They don't seem to be adding much substance to the thing, their posts currently consist of a brief snippet about sheeping, a spock quote, an introduction, and another snippet about day 1 votes. That seems to just be somewhat suspicious to me, not suspicious enough yet to warrant a vote but suspicious enough to point it out.

And question, after I said that you said you were waiting for one night to go by, so now that one night has gone by anything to add?

3. DraconianVibes
Neutral, they also stand out to me even more than HHHopes
Why they stand out because of 8 posts one(maybe two) are an introduction, 5-6 are literally just pointless fun comments with zero relation to the game, and the last one is their response to Ember's sheeping question, quoted below
DraconianVibes wrote on 2020-08-06 11:47:39:
Honestly, I am a bit scared of d1 lynches. Like, what if we accidentally lynch someone that could have really helped us later on in the game? I think this is mostly where risk is involved, unless you really do have proof that they need to be lynched.

But for the most part, I agree with not voting unless someone really sticks out.

So do you have anything to add?

4. NotarySojac
Town-flipped

5. EmbertheSkywing
Neutral, slight town-lean
Why town-lean because they've added to the discussion. Actually they generated most of the day1 discussion which definitely seems like a townie thing to do to them. People have already pointed this out about them so not much to add here.
NotarySojac did point out that their question raising could be trying to be active and adding to conversation without bringing up important topics, they did however explain themselves
NotarySojac wrote on 2020-08-07 14:02:11:
On a completely different note, does anyone have any ideas as to who to go after (if anyone) today? The only player who has stood out to me in any way is Ember with their bringing up discussion questions on mafia philosophy. My thoughts on that are either that they genuinely are trying to stir up discussion in an otherwise pretty dead thread, or that they're trying to seem active and helpful without actually bringing up topics of discussion that actually affect the game, which is also a tactic I've seen Mafia use before. That said, I'm going to wait to see how they respond once we have actual usable information before I decide on which explanation is more likely.
EmbertheSkywing wrote on 2020-08-07 22:44:37:
@/NotarySojac I understand where you are coming from.

I asked about sheeping is because I couldn't come up with anything else to ask and I remember that question being used in questionnaires before. Plus, it could be potentially useful, like contradictions for example.

6. Tweeter101
Neutral
They've definitely added to the discussion and nothing about them particularly stands out to me. One thing I think we all have missed though, is that they went ahead and did the typical tweeter thing and roleclaimed on day 1, it's in transparent so here's the quote
Tweeter101 wrote on 2020-08-06 11:48:03:
My Opinion On D1 Lynches - Athens
They are relatively unhelpful, unless we have proof. I tend not to have strong susses, so proof is a near must for me. I know a lot of players here, so I might be a bit better on not doing that.

8. Pikalink
Neutral
Okay so I want to put a slight maf lean but I'm not going to because all of their suspicious behavior seems to be due to being unfamiliar with the fr forum playstyle. I will definitely be keeping my eye on them for the future.
Now what is suspicious about them is that they're so hesitant to accuse anyone. As they explain it is because where they usually do play accusing people makes you enemies and gets you killed, thrown in jail, etc. As I've previously explained I'd be suspicious of anyone who becomes an enemy because they've been accused of mafia.
Also just now they told someone to make less assumptions, where how we win is by making assumptions and asking questions based on those, so that seems somewhat sus to me
PikaLink wrote on 2020-08-09 13:53:13:

So question here, knowing that accusing people is expected and not enemy making, is there anyone who stands out to you?

9. MagykalWagykal
Neutral/slight town-lean
Alright so while they were inactive all of day1 and night1 everything they have said since gives me townie vibes. They have been going through the thread analyzing posts and bringing up discussion which gives me townie vibes.

10. craftbaobao2
Neutral, like HHHopes and Draco they stand out though
So of their 10 posts they have had nothing to add to the discussion. Even in response to Ember's questions all they asked was a confirmation on what day1 lynches were
craftbaobao2 wrote on 2020-08-06 12:24:27:
I’m guessing that means voting someone out on the first day? I play a game called flicker on roblox and every time someone gets out on the first day they’re an important role :’)
I suppose they have added some of their experiences in the roblox game they've played but to me that doesn't seem like a true addition to the discussion

So I must also ask you, do you have anything to add to the game?
[quote name="MagykalWagykal" date="2020-08-09 14:45:16" ] [quote name="Sincerity11" date="2020-08-09 14:36:09" ] Oh also I forgot to point this out in my earlier post, as someone said the night kill benefits mafia while being bad for us. The maf's choice in night kill was good(for them at least), so we can pretty safely assume that at least one of the mafia is an experienced player, which most people seem to be experienced in someway. The least amount of experience from what I can gather is people who haven't player fr forum mafia games before, but have played some other mafia or mafialike game. [/quote] That or they just noticed that he liked to make accusations and panicked. xD If you're scum, especially new scum, it's very nice and convenient to have town members that kind of bop, and you'd want to get rid of anyone you thought posed a threat to the no-or-guided-lynch society. :P [/quote] Ohh, that also could make sense a possible explanation. And I'm guessing by town members who kind of bop you just mean people who stand out because of their activity, many suspicions, etc?
MagykalWagykal wrote on 2020-08-09 14:45:16:

That or they just noticed that he liked to make accusations and panicked. xD If you're scum, especially new scum, it's very nice and convenient to have town members that kind of bop, and you'd want to get rid of anyone you thought posed a threat to the no-or-guided-lynch society. :P

Ohh, that also could make sense a possible explanation. And I'm guessing by town members who kind of bop you just mean people who stand out because of their activity, many suspicions, etc?
... Fair enough points. I meant assumptions about tone, if that helps.

I'll explain myself more then.

Baiting is essentially trying to get people to kill you, because you can inflict damage on mafia or other evils. This usually entails claiming a useful role that mafia would want dead. An investigative role or something like a doctor.

If you want my true opinion, Sincerity, I find you a bit suspicious for not dying N1? I don't understand why mafia wouldn't go for the one making all of the discussion and getting people to give opinions.

I'm an overthinking person. I hate the thought of going for a lynch without proof, because I'm too used to that meaning Executioner. But you're right... This isn't Town of Salem. We need to go out on a limb more than I'm used to, unfortunately for me. However, I guess this is my chance to get better at reading people.

Baiting is essentially trying to get people to kill you, because you can inflict damage on mafia or other evils. This usually entails claiming a useful role that mafia would want dead. An investigative role or something like a doctor.

If you want my true opinion, Sincerity, I find you a bit suspicious for not dying N1? I don't understand why mafia wouldn't go for the one making all of the discussion and getting people to give opinions.

I'm an overthinking person. I hate the thought of going for a lynch without proof, because I'm too used to that meaning Executioner. But you're right... This isn't Town of Salem. We need to go out on a limb more than I'm used to, unfortunately for me. However, I guess this is my chance to get better at reading people.
[quote name="Sincerity11" date="2020-08-09 15:17:40" ] [quote name="MagykalWagykal" date="2020-08-09 14:45:16" ] [quote name="Sincerity11" date="2020-08-09 14:36:09" ] Oh also I forgot to point this out in my earlier post, as someone said the night kill benefits mafia while being bad for us. The maf's choice in night kill was good(for them at least), so we can pretty safely assume that at least one of the mafia is an experienced player, which most people seem to be experienced in someway. The least amount of experience from what I can gather is people who haven't player fr forum mafia games before, but have played some other mafia or mafialike game. [/quote] That or they just noticed that he liked to make accusations and panicked. xD If you're scum, especially new scum, it's very nice and convenient to have town members that kind of bop, and you'd want to get rid of anyone you thought posed a threat to the no-or-guided-lynch society. :P [/quote] Ohh, that also could make sense a possible explanation. And I'm guessing by town members who kind of bop you just mean people who stand out because of their activity, many suspicions, etc? [/quote] [s]bop has many meanings xD[/s] I was saying that it'd be nice for them to have town members who aren't doing much (i.e., "bopping around" xD). People who stir the pot, especially in a game with a lot of off-site players like this one who might not be as inflammatory, are the kind the Mafia wants gone. I'm also squinting at Pika a bit here, because she noticed Sojac the most, but Tweeter has a point about ToS- it's very different from here, and if you get more data from there, then... I've never played ToS, but I feel like I should start to get a better handle on this game. xD Anyway, readslist! I think you did a pretty good job with what we have so far- it's a nice summary, which will really help later in the game, and it's good to see which players have what substance levels.
Sincerity11 wrote on 2020-08-09 15:17:40:
MagykalWagykal wrote on 2020-08-09 14:45:16:

Ohh, that also could make sense a possible explanation. And I'm guessing by town members who kind of bop you just mean people who stand out because of their activity, many suspicions, etc?

bop has many meanings xD

I was saying that it'd be nice for them to have town members who aren't doing much (i.e., "bopping around" xD). People who stir the pot, especially in a game with a lot of off-site players like this one who might not be as inflammatory, are the kind the Mafia wants gone. I'm also squinting at Pika a bit here, because she noticed Sojac the most, but Tweeter has a point about ToS- it's very different from here, and if you get more data from there, then...

I've never played ToS, but I feel like I should start to get a better handle on this game. xD

Anyway, readslist! I think you did a pretty good job with what we have so far- it's a nice summary, which will really help later in the game, and it's good to see which players have what substance levels.
[quote name="PikaLink" date="2020-08-09 15:43:30" ] ... Fair enough points. I meant assumptions about tone, if that helps. I'll explain myself more then. Baiting is essentially trying to get people to kill you, because you can inflict damage on mafia or other evils. This usually entails claiming a useful role that mafia would want dead. An investigative role or something like a doctor. If you want my true opinion, Sincerity, I find you a bit suspicious for not dying N1? I don't understand why mafia wouldn't go for the one making all of the discussion and getting people to give opinions. I'm an overthinking person. I hate the thought of going for a lynch without proof, because I'm too used to that meaning Executioner. But you're right... This isn't Town of Salem. We need to go out on a limb more than I'm used to, unfortunately for me. However, I guess this is my chance to get better at reading people. [/quote] Got it, got it. xD Baiting sounds like a hecking lot of fun and I want to do that now. :P What about Ember? Ember was leading us with some good discussion topics, although that's not abnormal to start in our games. I think the reason the conversationalists didn't die has something to do with the Mafia's priorities. Like you originally said, Sojac was one of the two to say he was going to be aggressive, and he was the one who played it up more- I think they're looking for aggression over activity, which means that either we have an experienced scum, like Sincerity said, or a newer player group who saw that and panicked. I think either is just as likely- we'll have to watch their decision-making later.
PikaLink wrote on 2020-08-09 15:43:30:

Got it, got it. xD Baiting sounds like a hecking lot of fun and I want to do that now. :P

What about Ember? Ember was leading us with some good discussion topics, although that's not abnormal to start in our games. I think the reason the conversationalists didn't die has something to do with the Mafia's priorities. Like you originally said, Sojac was one of the two to say he was going to be aggressive, and he was the one who played it up more- I think they're looking for aggression over activity, which means that either we have an experienced scum, like Sincerity said, or a newer player group who saw that and panicked. I think either is just as likely- we'll have to watch their decision-making later.