Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Dimitri's Search: Interactive Story Game
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 18 19
Option #3! Please add me to the pinglist :)
Option #3! Please add me to the pinglist :)
Option 3 for sure!
Option 3 for sure!
@CorvvusCorax
added!
@CorvvusCorax
added!
sfVMa01.pngMa06BNU.pngBVUXJUX.png
Option 3
Option 3
y6Tz96p.png
pleased to meet ya
option 3!
{I would say keep going while the weather is pleasant, but guaranteeing Dimitri's safety is the top priority}
option 3!
{I would say keep going while the weather is pleasant, but guaranteeing Dimitri's safety is the top priority}
aestheticmoonresized_orig.gif
Betta withdrew quickly from Delwyn. He didn't really like his attitude, but Betta wasn't in a position to berate the Skydancer about manners. He took a deep breath, calming himself down, and wandered into another part of the group far far away from Delwyn.

While they were walking, Betta pondered about Delwyn's reply. Beastclans. Dimitri here organized an escape, but it seems that everyone except him managed to escape. The Beastclans must have placed the machinery on him. And for battle? The Beastclans might have wanted Dimitri to attack other dragons. After all, dragons are most of the Beastclan's enemy. Or was Dimitri - Dimitri now - intended for another purpose? Maybe to protect the Beastclans? From what? Machines like the ones we encountered? He shivered.

I hope I can go home soon. I hope we can find Galen. Blue and orange Gaoler, they say......

Once the encounter with Aesh was over, and they found the campsite, everyone started discussing whether to rest or not, or do something else. The small clanking sound in the distance was unnerving Betta a lot, so he piped up, "Um, can we check out that sound first? Then maybe we can rest?" Betta felt that he read about it in books before. If you here a clanking sound, it might possibly be......

But it can't be, right?

Yet with them being so close, it's hard for Betta's brain to not shoot itself into overdrive.
Betta withdrew quickly from Delwyn. He didn't really like his attitude, but Betta wasn't in a position to berate the Skydancer about manners. He took a deep breath, calming himself down, and wandered into another part of the group far far away from Delwyn.

While they were walking, Betta pondered about Delwyn's reply. Beastclans. Dimitri here organized an escape, but it seems that everyone except him managed to escape. The Beastclans must have placed the machinery on him. And for battle? The Beastclans might have wanted Dimitri to attack other dragons. After all, dragons are most of the Beastclan's enemy. Or was Dimitri - Dimitri now - intended for another purpose? Maybe to protect the Beastclans? From what? Machines like the ones we encountered? He shivered.

I hope I can go home soon. I hope we can find Galen. Blue and orange Gaoler, they say......

Once the encounter with Aesh was over, and they found the campsite, everyone started discussing whether to rest or not, or do something else. The small clanking sound in the distance was unnerving Betta a lot, so he piped up, "Um, can we check out that sound first? Then maybe we can rest?" Betta felt that he read about it in books before. If you here a clanking sound, it might possibly be......

But it can't be, right?

Yet with them being so close, it's hard for Betta's brain to not shoot itself into overdrive.
4f84783726df68aa829be00b8642d465d8caaa83.png x8bDWFu.png
5hF3FGk.png
DxCICZ1.png
Option 3. This is my first time roleplaying!

Raaja tilted his head. He'd been traveling with the group several days, but this was the first time he had spoken up. He'd thought he'd heard something... weird, but he couldn't be sure that it was just his imagination. But he soon saw other dragons looking around the campsite nervously, too.

He had been a bit scared to speak before, since Raaja was a Coatl, and the Guardian was made of mechanical parts, which would likely make it even harder for them to understand each other than usual. Still, he felt like he had to contribute to the group, not just be a quiet bystander.

"I think we should check out that sound," he offered, his paranoia growing. "Best to make sure that we're safe before stopping, right?"
Option 3. This is my first time roleplaying!

Raaja tilted his head. He'd been traveling with the group several days, but this was the first time he had spoken up. He'd thought he'd heard something... weird, but he couldn't be sure that it was just his imagination. But he soon saw other dragons looking around the campsite nervously, too.

He had been a bit scared to speak before, since Raaja was a Coatl, and the Guardian was made of mechanical parts, which would likely make it even harder for them to understand each other than usual. Still, he felt like he had to contribute to the group, not just be a quiet bystander.

"I think we should check out that sound," he offered, his paranoia growing. "Best to make sure that we're safe before stopping, right?"
0EgCmlK.png >> Wishlist
>> Avatar dragon
>> 1,000 Days of G&G
>> Bean's Showcase, Boutique, and Workshop
Option 3! That clanking sounds like it's speeding up, so best to find out what it is from a safe distance.
Option 3! That clanking sounds like it's speeding up, so best to find out what it is from a safe distance.
2LHRMay.png
Round 4 is closed. No votes will be counted beyond this point
Round 4 is closed. No votes will be counted beyond this point
@keet @Tupelo @Tugsten @quartzdragons @corno @Enen16106 @littolboi @PikaIsLost @Sandboa @Rivershard @FallenEclipse @Ketchalin @Dawntalon427 @Zikitty @lunisolar @princeofsoup @hippogriff412 @selkiie @fynch @CheshireGata @JarlAlpha @TouchTone @TheAceOfSpades @CorvvusCorax WHELP WE'VE GOT OUR FIRST MALFUNCTION FOLKS Malfunction rate=23% RNG says: Dimitri malfunctions (it was so low he would've malfunctioned even at minimum malfunction rate Outcome: the vote has been vetoed, Dimitri will not do majority vote, instead RNG will pick with an additional option to go into attack mode: RNG says: Option 1 shall be chosen Voting: [b]Option 1= 1 vote[/b] RNG says this Option 2= 0 votes [s]Option 3= 14 votes[/s] vetoed due to malfunction secret attack option due to malfuction=not triggered [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52768775] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/527688/52768775_350.png[/img] [/url] A strange sound comes from the guardian's machinery as everyone provides input on what to do. At first it's easy to mistake it for the guardian's normal breathing, but then the gurgle starts stuttering. [i]hrrlrlrllrl-T-T-rlrl-T-TT-T-T-r-T-rlr-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-....[/i] Delwyn turns to look at the guardian, "Uh.. Dimitri? You okay there?" [size=1][i]clank[/i][/size] Besides the accompanying flinching that comes in sync with all the stuttering, the guardian has mostly frozen all movement. [i]pause hssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss[/i] The exhaust pipes let out a stream of smoke before stuttering to a stop. The guardian stands frozen in the same position he was before, now not even his usual breathing is happening. Delwyn hesitantly approaches [size=1][i]clank[/i][/size] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57678653] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/576787/57678653_350.png[/img] [/url] Delwyn had seen this happen with the other beast clan's machines. Sometimes they would just freeze, seemingly for no reason. Sometimes a good hit would restart them, but it also came with a chance of retaliation, something Delwyn isn't willing to risk with the likes of a huge mechanized guardian who crushed the other machines quite easily. He also had experienced a couple times with his wings, and even the extension on his torso. The machine would simply turn off, and there was nothing he could do about it but panic until it turned back on, hopefully before he axphyciated. Dimitri hasn't even seemed to notice though... Had his mind been turned machine too? [size=1][i]clank[/i][/size] "Looks like we won't be going anywhere until he turns back on," Delwyn muttered. "I hope the legends about guardians being able to hold their breaths for a long time are true..." He paces around the campsite, investigating. Delwyn has heard of cooking before and that some dragons like doing it, but he always found it odd. There are clear signs of someone having cooked here. A gleam of orange catches Delwyn's eye, and when he turns, he sees a tuft of orange fur caught on some bush. Delwyn tugs it loose and sniffs it. "We're on the right track. This is definitely Galen's." [size=1][i]clank[/i][/size] Ah yes the sound. The other dragons seem uneasy. Most of them wanted to search for it. Delwyn faces them, "I know you're concerned about the sound, but if it's what I think it is, then trust me," Delwyn suppressed a shudder, "The [b]last[/b] thing we should do is go towards it. It would literally be the last thing we do." He had watched one of them be built himself. Well... "watched". He saw the beastclans building one [b]part[/b]. And that was just one of three. Delwyn never saw it completed, but he knows that one leg alone is bigger than a guardian, and he's heard it walking through and around the workshop. It had been a sound that kept him up at night, and stalked him still in his nightmares. [size=1][i]clank[/i][/size] Delwyn narrows his gaze and stares out in the horizon. There are too many trees in the way to see anything. Maybe if he focuses hard enough, he can maybe spot alarmed birds flying out of the way of something. He chooses to pretend he didn't notice. [i][b]GLUNK hrrrlrlrllrllrlrlrlr hsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss[/i][/b] The lights on the guardian flicker on and he twitches. [size=2][i]hrrlrlrlrlrllrlrlr[/i] pause [i]glunk hssssssssssssssssssssssssssss[/i][/size] He looks around. [size=1][i]clank[/i][/size] "Over here," Delwyn calls to him before prancing over to him, "Your gear froze. Look at that bush. It has tufts of Galen's fur." The guardian blinks, [font=courier][b][size=4]"Who?"[/font][/b][/size] [size=2][i]hrrlrlrlrlrllrlrlr[/i] pause [i]glunk hssssssssssssssssssssssssssss[/i][/size] Delwyn glares at the guardian, "Your charge?" He rolls his eyes. "Let's just go." The guardian stares at the tufts. That's right, he is searching.... Searching for... Hmmm it's important. The guardian leans down and gives the tufts a sniff. Despite the strong odor of metal and oil that never leaves his nostrils, he is able to capture a gleaming of a familiar smell. [size=1][i]clank[/i][/size] A memory of a blue and orange gaoler surfaces and clears in the guardian's head. [font=courier][b][size=4]"Fin-d-d-d-d-d-,"[/font][/b][/size] the guardian shakes himself to stop the repeated consonant. [font=courier][b][size=4]"Find ch-ch-charge."[/font][/b][/size] "Yeah," Delwyn beckons with his tail, "We're looking for Galen. We're on the right track. Let's keep moving." [size=2][i]hrrlrlrlrlrllrlrlr[/i] pause [i]glunk hssssssssssssssssssssssssssss[/i][/size] The guardian suddenly realizes other dragons are there as well. He tilts his head at them before following after Delwyn. After a few paces, the guardian feels his mind clear as he realizes what happened. [i]This body... it's like a prison...[/i] he finds himself thinking, hating the metal hanging from his skin and bones. He feels an urge to rip it all out, however a part of him knows that would instantly kill him. Then who would protect Galen? [size=1][i]clank[/i][/size] [font=courier][b][size=4]"Sound-d-d-d-d,"[/font][/b][/size] the guardian looks down at Delwyn. Delwyn stares straight ahead as they keep walking. For a moment it seems as if he didn't hear, but then he eyes the guardian, "We are [b]not[/b] fighting that thing. Got it?" [size=2][i]hrrlrlrlrlrllrlrlr[/i] pause [i]glunk hssssssssssssssssssssssssssss[/i][/size] [font=courier][b][size=4]"Familiar,"[/font][/b][/size] the guardian comments again. [size=1][i]clank[/i][/size] This time Delwyn doesn't say anything. A machine like that had... gone after someone, back in the Shifting Expanse. Or it was hunting them down. Someone special. The guardian could remember his first bits of clarity being to decide to destroy it before it had a chance to hurt the someone. [size=2][i]hrrlrlrlrlrllrlrlr[/i] pause [i]glunk hssssssssssssssssssssssssssss[/i][/size] That being said, the guardian can't remember beating it. Only that something hit him and suddenly everything was clearer. It was similar bumping into Delwyn. The guardian can't remember beating the machines. Only the aftermath. [size=1][i]clank[/i][/size] [font=courier][b][size=4]"What if it-t-t-t-t g-g-g-goes -[i]HSSSS glunk[/i]- G A L E N,"[/font][/b][/size] the guardian insisted to Delwyn. Delwyn ignored the guardian several more minutes before answering. "We're on the right track, but we don't even know if Galen is in the Sunbeam Ruins. We don't know if he's actually here in Light Flight." [size=1][i]clank[/i][/size] [font=courier][b][size=4]"He's Light-t-t-t-t." [/font][/b][/size] "And you're Shadow. For all we know he went to look for you there." Delwyn kept a brisk pace. [size=2][i]hrrlrlrlrlrllrlrlr[/i] pause [i]glunk hssssssssssssssssssssssssssss[/i][/size] The guardian takes a few large steps to outpace Delwyn, and stands abruptly in his way. He leans down and huffs angrily into Delwyn's face. Delwyn flinches and cowers. [size=1][i]clank[/i][/size] The guardian's body tenses at the sound. He looks at the direction it's coming from for a moment, before looking back at Delwyn, [font=courier][b][size=4]"Stay. Fight. Find." [/font][/b][/size] Despite being several times smaller than the guardian, Delwyn stands his ground, and straightens. What do you think? Option A: Go onto Shadow and look for Galen there Option B: Stay in Light, face the source of the sound in case Galen is here and is in danger Malfunction rate: 27% increased due to worry and anger Begin round 5
@keet @Tupelo @Tugsten @quartzdragons @corno @Enen16106 @littolboi @PikaIsLost @Sandboa @Rivershard @FallenEclipse @Ketchalin @Dawntalon427 @Zikitty @lunisolar @princeofsoup @hippogriff412 @selkiie @fynch @CheshireGata @JarlAlpha @TouchTone @TheAceOfSpades @CorvvusCorax

WHELP WE'VE GOT OUR FIRST MALFUNCTION FOLKS

Malfunction rate=23%
RNG says: Dimitri malfunctions (it was so low he would've malfunctioned even at minimum malfunction rate
Outcome: the vote has been vetoed, Dimitri will not do majority vote, instead RNG will pick with an additional option to go into attack mode:
RNG says: Option 1 shall be chosen

Voting:
Option 1= 1 vote RNG says this
Option 2= 0 votes
Option 3= 14 votes vetoed due to malfunction
secret attack option due to malfuction=not triggered

52768775_350.png

A strange sound comes from the guardian's machinery as everyone provides input on what to do. At first it's easy to mistake it for the guardian's normal breathing, but then the gurgle starts stuttering.
hrrlrlrllrl-T-T-rlrl-T-TT-T-T-r-T-rlr-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-....

Delwyn turns to look at the guardian, "Uh.. Dimitri? You okay there?"

clank

Besides the accompanying flinching that comes in sync with all the stuttering, the guardian has mostly frozen all movement.

pause

hssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

The exhaust pipes let out a stream of smoke before stuttering to a stop.

The guardian stands frozen in the same position he was before, now not even his usual breathing is happening.

Delwyn hesitantly approaches

clank

57678653_350.png

Delwyn had seen this happen with the other beast clan's machines. Sometimes they would just freeze, seemingly for no reason. Sometimes a good hit would restart them, but it also came with a chance of retaliation, something Delwyn isn't willing to risk with the likes of a huge mechanized guardian who crushed the other machines quite easily. He also had experienced a couple times with his wings, and even the extension on his torso.

The machine would simply turn off, and there was nothing he could do about it but panic until it turned back on, hopefully before he axphyciated. Dimitri hasn't even seemed to notice though... Had his mind been turned machine too?

clank

"Looks like we won't be going anywhere until he turns back on," Delwyn muttered. "I hope the legends about guardians being able to hold their breaths for a long time are true..."

He paces around the campsite, investigating. Delwyn has heard of cooking before and that some dragons like doing it, but he always found it odd. There are clear signs of someone having cooked here.

A gleam of orange catches Delwyn's eye, and when he turns, he sees a tuft of orange fur caught on some bush.

Delwyn tugs it loose and sniffs it. "We're on the right track. This is definitely Galen's."

clank

Ah yes the sound. The other dragons seem uneasy. Most of them wanted to search for it. Delwyn faces them, "I know you're concerned about the sound, but if it's what I think it is, then trust me," Delwyn suppressed a shudder, "The last thing we should do is go towards it. It would literally be the last thing we do."

He had watched one of them be built himself. Well... "watched". He saw the beastclans building one part. And that was just one of three. Delwyn never saw it completed, but he knows that one leg alone is bigger than a guardian, and he's heard it walking through and around the workshop. It had been a sound that kept him up at night, and stalked him still in his nightmares.

clank

Delwyn narrows his gaze and stares out in the horizon. There are too many trees in the way to see anything. Maybe if he focuses hard enough, he can maybe spot alarmed birds flying out of the way of something. He chooses to pretend he didn't notice.

GLUNK
hrrrlrlrllrllrlrlrlr
hsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

The lights on the guardian flicker on and he twitches.

hrrlrlrlrlrllrlrlr
pause
glunk
hssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

He looks around.

clank

"Over here," Delwyn calls to him before prancing over to him, "Your gear froze. Look at that bush. It has tufts of Galen's fur."

The guardian blinks, "Who?"

hrrlrlrlrlrllrlrlr
pause
glunk

Delwyn glares at the guardian, "Your charge?" He rolls his eyes. "Let's just go."

The guardian stares at the tufts. That's right, he is searching.... Searching for... Hmmm it's important. The guardian leans down and gives the tufts a sniff. Despite the strong odor of metal and oil that never leaves his nostrils, he is able to capture a gleaming of a familiar smell.

clank

A memory of a blue and orange gaoler surfaces and clears in the guardian's head. "Fin-d-d-d-d-d-," the guardian shakes himself to stop the repeated consonant. "Find ch-ch-charge."

"Yeah," Delwyn beckons with his tail, "We're looking for Galen. We're on the right track. Let's keep moving."

hrrlrlrlrlrllrlrlr
pause
glunk

The guardian suddenly realizes other dragons are there as well. He tilts his head at them before following after Delwyn.

After a few paces, the guardian feels his mind clear as he realizes what happened. This body... it's like a prison... he finds himself thinking, hating the metal hanging from his skin and bones. He feels an urge to rip it all out, however a part of him knows that would instantly kill him. Then who would protect Galen?

clank

"Sound-d-d-d-d," the guardian looks down at Delwyn.

Delwyn stares straight ahead as they keep walking. For a moment it seems as if he didn't hear, but then he eyes the guardian, "We are not fighting that thing. Got it?"

hrrlrlrlrlrllrlrlr
pause
glunk

"Familiar," the guardian comments again.

clank

This time Delwyn doesn't say anything.

A machine like that had... gone after someone, back in the Shifting Expanse. Or it was hunting them down. Someone special. The guardian could remember his first bits of clarity being to decide to destroy it before it had a chance to hurt the someone.

hrrlrlrlrlrllrlrlr
pause
glunk

That being said, the guardian can't remember beating it. Only that something hit him and suddenly everything was clearer. It was similar bumping into Delwyn. The guardian can't remember beating the machines. Only the aftermath.

clank

"What if it-t-t-t-t g-g-g-goes -HSSSS glunk- G A L E N," the guardian insisted to Delwyn.

Delwyn ignored the guardian several more minutes before answering. "We're on the right track, but we don't even know if Galen is in the Sunbeam Ruins. We don't know if he's actually here in Light Flight."

clank

"He's Light-t-t-t-t."

"And you're Shadow. For all we know he went to look for you there." Delwyn kept a brisk pace.

hrrlrlrlrlrllrlrlr
pause
glunk

The guardian takes a few large steps to outpace Delwyn, and stands abruptly in his way. He leans down and huffs angrily into Delwyn's face. Delwyn flinches and cowers.

clank

The guardian's body tenses at the sound. He looks at the direction it's coming from for a moment, before looking back at Delwyn, "Stay. Fight. Find."

Despite being several times smaller than the guardian, Delwyn stands his ground, and straightens.

What do you think?
Option A: Go onto Shadow and look for Galen there
Option B: Stay in Light, face the source of the sound in case Galen is here and is in danger

Malfunction rate: 27% increased due to worry and anger

Begin round 5

1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 18 19