Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Add a backstory for the dragon above!
~In this game you will be writing backstories (of any length) for the dragon above~ The rules are simple: 1. Make a simple backstory for the dragon the player above you posted. 2. After writing a backstory, post a dragon from your lair (Or scry a dragon). 3. Make sure to mention the username of the player above! 4.(It does not need to be long but try not to make it extremely short) Since there's nobody above me i'll start by posting a dragon: [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54602536] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/546026/54602536_350.png[/img] [/url]
~In this game you will be writing backstories (of any length) for the dragon above~

The rules are simple:
1. Make a simple backstory for the dragon the player above you posted.
2. After writing a backstory, post a dragon from your lair (Or scry a dragon).
3. Make sure to mention the username of the player above!
4.(It does not need to be long but try not to make it extremely short)

Since there's nobody above me i'll start by posting a dragon:

54602536_350.png
ew9u8Xp.png
@Explosions1117 [quote]Skilled in the arcane arts since birth, Tyrith was raised with the expectation of greatness upon him. Sent away at a young age to cultivate his powers, for years every moment of Tyrith's life was fully embedded in the art of magic. He'd wake to the notion of an arcane signal in his mind, his food would be prepared over his own controlled fire, and his playtimes were spent practicing the art of shaping and molding objects to his will. Tyrith never knew a normal life, and never saw a need for one. However, one day the lair in which he resided was attacked, and the residents forced to seek refuge deep within the confines of earth as a rogue clan scoured and ravaged the central area. The residents stayed as quiet as they could, their breath stores depleted in the initial battle, but after several hours of hiding, they were found. Huddled between his lairmates, Tyrith saw the fear in their eyes, and gathered the stores of power within him with which he was born. With this power he burst forth from the crowd. Shaping and forming the surrounding earth to spears in a powerful assault of the invaders, he let loose all the power he had in a terrifying display, the power of the magic so much that as the invaders attempted to fight back, they found themselves burnt in close proximity. The invaders fled, and once they did, the stores Tyrith had managed to tap into in crisis, and had fed on all these years had dried out. Tyrith collapsed from exhaustion, and when he awoke he found himself still tired, and his body oddly heavy, certain parts, his wings, his legs all harder to lift and move than they had ever been before. Confused, Tyrith looked down and found parts of his body had become encased in a solid, magical shell that appeared fused with his body when he tried to pry them off, weighing him down and emitting a low, constant heat, hotter than his body's natural temperature. Confused and scared, Tyrith attempted to use his magic to move the plates instead but found his breath still lacking. And then several days later, his breath lacking still. Tyrith's lairmates were grateful for the miracle he'd produced but were very separated in their ways. When it became clear that Tyrith's powers which had allowed him to join the lair were gone for good, he was cast out. Confused and unsure of his place in the world, Tyrith has struggled to survive since, eventually finding his way to a new lair within the Lightning realm which he could call home.[/quote] I'm sorry that got so long. I hope you like it. Perch doesn't currently look like this, but will in another day or two once I get Cherub, so I'll use this image. [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1046449] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=656462&skin=0&apparel=23080,23083,2884,17240,2333,2334&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url] - Lema @Lotron It's not bad, it's great. Do you mind if we take some inspiration from it for when we write up some lore for her? No pressure of course. - Lema
@Explosions1117
Quote:
Skilled in the arcane arts since birth, Tyrith was raised with the expectation of greatness upon him. Sent away at a young age to cultivate his powers, for years every moment of Tyrith's life was fully embedded in the art of magic. He'd wake to the notion of an arcane signal in his mind, his food would be prepared over his own controlled fire, and his playtimes were spent practicing the art of shaping and molding objects to his will. Tyrith never knew a normal life, and never saw a need for one.

However, one day the lair in which he resided was attacked, and the residents forced to seek refuge deep within the confines of earth as a rogue clan scoured and ravaged the central area. The residents stayed as quiet as they could, their breath stores depleted in the initial battle, but after several hours of hiding, they were found.

Huddled between his lairmates, Tyrith saw the fear in their eyes, and gathered the stores of power within him with which he was born. With this power he burst forth from the crowd. Shaping and forming the surrounding earth to spears in a powerful assault of the invaders, he let loose all the power he had in a terrifying display, the power of the magic so much that as the invaders attempted to fight back, they found themselves burnt in close proximity. The invaders fled, and once they did, the stores Tyrith had managed to tap into in crisis, and had fed on all these years had dried out.

Tyrith collapsed from exhaustion, and when he awoke he found himself still tired, and his body oddly heavy, certain parts, his wings, his legs all harder to lift and move than they had ever been before. Confused, Tyrith looked down and found parts of his body had become encased in a solid, magical shell that appeared fused with his body when he tried to pry them off, weighing him down and emitting a low, constant heat, hotter than his body's natural temperature. Confused and scared, Tyrith attempted to use his magic to move the plates instead but found his breath still lacking. And then several days later, his breath lacking still.

Tyrith's lairmates were grateful for the miracle he'd produced but were very separated in their ways. When it became clear that Tyrith's powers which had allowed him to join the lair were gone for good, he was cast out. Confused and unsure of his place in the world, Tyrith has struggled to survive since, eventually finding his way to a new lair within the Lightning realm which he could call home.
I'm sorry that got so long. I hope you like it.

Perch doesn't currently look like this, but will in another day or two once I get Cherub, so I'll use this image.

scry?sdid=656462&skin=0&apparel=23080,23083,2884,17240,2333,2334&xt=dressing.png

- Lema

@Lotron
It's not bad, it's great. Do you mind if we take some inspiration from it for when we write up some lore for her? No pressure of course.

- Lema

Not a shared account, a system. We'll be signing off and using plural pronouns sometimes.
(infolink)

they/them (plural) | FR +2
FWdhtBF2.png
@WolfSelkey Perch does not remember her parents, or if she had any. She does not remember her years as a dragnet. However, she does remember the pain. The pain of when her first clan left her to die because of her eyes, which brought fear into the cowardly dragons. She remembers freezing, slowly, so that she could feel every second of the pain. It was too cold for her, but somehow, she survived. She survived, and now she is filled with great rage and fury, one that just might destroy the world. She started practicing dark magic, and is now one of the most feared dragons. While Perch has not officially joined a clan, she often trades items with multiple ones. (sorry if this is bad) Next user, please do my evil stabby noodle [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58330944] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/583310/58330944_350.png[/img] [/url]
@WolfSelkey

Perch does not remember her parents, or if she had any. She does not remember her years as a dragnet. However, she does remember the pain. The pain of when her first clan left her to die because of her eyes, which brought fear into the cowardly dragons. She remembers freezing, slowly, so that she could feel every second of the pain. It was too cold for her, but somehow, she survived. She survived, and now she is filled with great rage and fury, one that just might destroy the world. She started practicing dark magic, and is now one of the most feared dragons. While Perch has not officially joined a clan, she often trades items with multiple ones.

(sorry if this is bad)

Next user, please do my evil stabby noodle

58330944_350.png
@WolfSelkey (Ah yes of coarse! You can do whatever you want with the stuff ive written)
@WolfSelkey (Ah yes of coarse! You can do whatever you want with the stuff ive written)
@Lotron Proteus originally hails from the Viridian Labyrinth, having lived most of his life in the Shrieking Wilds, where the cacophony of screaming creatures and the sounds of constant conflict assaulted his ears. While many view the Viridian Labyrinth a beautiful paradise, Proteus had an altogether different experience. The constant noise and crowded spaces often left him paranoid about hiding beasts and monsters. Every tree, every vine an opportunity for an enemy to catch him unawares. His paranoia started at a young age, when Proteus's parents made the decidedly questionable decision to raise their young in this forsaken place. After a well placed storm, Proteus was separated from his family as a hatchling, having to learn to survive on his own. It was in his lonely upbringing that Proteus began to adapt decidedly plague-esque ideals to survive. Proteus eventually found his way back to dragon society, however he was never quite the same. His instincts honed as a hatchling alone in the Shrieking Wilds would eventually make him the perfect assassin, a career he now pursues in the Sunbeam Ruins. :D !! I am not the best writer, though I had a lot of fun doing this <3 [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51638688] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/516387/51638688_350.png[/img] [/url] Pacific is on of the mercenaries working under the Hammertooth Mercenary banner, however I have no idea what her backstory or lore should be <3 EDIT: @Erea AHHHH [i]I love it!!![/i] Do you mind if I use this with credit? ;O;
@Lotron

Proteus originally hails from the Viridian Labyrinth, having lived most of his life in the Shrieking Wilds, where the cacophony of screaming creatures and the sounds of constant conflict assaulted his ears. While many view the Viridian Labyrinth a beautiful paradise, Proteus had an altogether different experience.

The constant noise and crowded spaces often left him paranoid about hiding beasts and monsters. Every tree, every vine an opportunity for an enemy to catch him unawares.

His paranoia started at a young age, when Proteus's parents made the decidedly questionable decision to raise their young in this forsaken place. After a well placed storm, Proteus was separated from his family as a hatchling, having to learn to survive on his own. It was in his lonely upbringing that Proteus began to adapt decidedly plague-esque ideals to survive.

Proteus eventually found his way back to dragon society, however he was never quite the same. His instincts honed as a hatchling alone in the Shrieking Wilds would eventually make him the perfect assassin, a career he now pursues in the Sunbeam Ruins.

:D !! I am not the best writer, though I had a lot of fun doing this <3

51638688_350.png

Pacific is on of the mercenaries working under the Hammertooth Mercenary banner, however I have no idea what her backstory or lore should be <3

EDIT: @Erea AHHHH
I love it!!!

Do you mind if I use this with credit? ;O;
bEJeSzJ.png
@LaughingIdiot I had some sudden inspiration:D [b]"It matters little from where I am for where I am going lies the real trial." [/b] Pacific was hatched and raised in one of the many clans residing in the Snowsquall Tundra where she grew to be a careless but overall kind young dragon. The older she got the more aparrent it became that she was especially skilled with tracking her prey across the icy lands and, to the pride of her mother, was chosen to become one of the Dunaín. An especially skilled order of dragons tasked with hunting during the long winter, where no other dragon would dare to go out onto the Southern Icefield. To become a Dunaín the chosen dragon must wander to the Cloudscrape Crags and spent 6 nights, the sacred number of the Icewarden, at the feet of the mountains by themselves and cleanse their mind of former evil. On the first night Pacific fell asleep to the sound of the roaring winds. On the second night she had trouble sleeping in the cold. On the third night she heard hushed voices coming from the mountains. On the fourth night she forgot to hunt and fortified her sleeping nook against invisible foes instead. On the fifth night the voices returned- this time accompied by a heavy fog that seemed to drag Pacific upwards towards the mountain top. On the sixth night she began to climb. Hunger and the cold had weakened her body and so she could only slowly drag her body upwards. The voices and the fog surrounded her at all times and urged her to go faster until there was no stone under her paws- only solid Ice. She finally collapsed on a small plateau and turned her body towards the icy walls. Through her tired eyes there seemed to be shadows moving in the Ice, coming closer and closer, until they all merged into a giant creature that stretched out a limb and pressed it onto the wall deviding them. With her last strength Pacific put her paw on the dark shadow and began to scream with agony. The shadow showed her visions of the past... and the future. She saw her mother finding a strange, lonely egg at the feet of the mountains. She saw herself hatching and the joy in her mothers face. And then she saw the End. A planet completely frozen over, with a deep ocean under the patina of ice. And in the water moving shadows. She saw herself commanding waves and bringing chaos over the world. She woke up all the way in the valley with a newfound dominion over water and waves and the horrible feeling that she could never return. Without even saying goodbye to her foster mother she began to run, taking odd jobs whenever she could. She eventually joined a Clan of mercenaries where she thrived due to her superb tracking skills and mysterious power. Still, Pacific has not given up on the world yet and keeps on looking for a way to prevent the vision to come true. Next person: He's the water bringer in the Clan. They're archeologists tasked by the deities to find the umhallowed Artifacts. Wary/Plucky/Waterbringer [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50922124] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/509222/50922124_350.png[/img] [/url]

@LaughingIdiot I had some sudden inspiration:D

"It matters little from where I am for where I am going lies the real trial."

Pacific was hatched and raised in one of the many clans residing in the Snowsquall Tundra where she grew to be a careless but overall kind young dragon. The older she got the more aparrent it became that she was especially skilled with tracking her prey across the icy lands and, to the pride of her mother, was chosen to become one of the Dunaín. An especially skilled order of dragons tasked with hunting during the long winter, where no other dragon would dare to go out onto the Southern Icefield.

To become a Dunaín the chosen dragon must wander to the
Cloudscrape Crags and spent 6 nights, the sacred number of the Icewarden, at the feet of the mountains by themselves and cleanse their mind of former evil.

On the first night Pacific fell asleep to the sound of the roaring winds. On the second night she had trouble sleeping in the cold. On the third night she heard hushed voices coming from the mountains. On the fourth night she forgot to hunt and fortified her sleeping nook against invisible foes instead. On the fifth night the voices returned- this time accompied by a heavy fog that seemed to drag Pacific upwards towards the mountain top. On the sixth night she began to climb.

Hunger and the cold had weakened her body and so she could only slowly drag her body upwards. The voices and the fog surrounded her at all times and urged her to go faster until there was no stone under her paws- only solid Ice. She finally collapsed on a small plateau and turned her body towards the icy walls. Through her tired eyes there seemed to be shadows moving in the Ice, coming closer and closer, until they all merged into a giant creature that stretched out a limb and pressed it onto the wall deviding them. With her last strength Pacific put her paw on the dark shadow and began to scream with agony.

The shadow showed her visions of the past... and the future. She saw her mother finding a strange, lonely egg at the feet of the mountains. She saw herself hatching and the joy in her mothers face. And then she saw the End. A planet completely frozen over, with a deep ocean under the patina of ice. And in the water moving shadows. She saw herself commanding waves and bringing chaos over the world.

She woke up all the way in the valley with a newfound dominion over water and waves and the horrible feeling that she could never return. Without even saying goodbye to her foster mother she began to run, taking odd jobs whenever she could. She eventually joined a Clan of mercenaries where she thrived due to her superb tracking skills and mysterious power. Still, Pacific has not given up on the world yet and keeps on looking for a way to prevent the vision to come true.

Next person: He's the water bringer in the Clan. They're archeologists tasked by the deities to find the umhallowed Artifacts. Wary/Plucky/Waterbringer

50922124_350.png