Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | KitC (discussion - waitlist open!)
1 2 ... 757 758 759 760 761 ... 765 766
[b]Username:[/b] nameofuser [b]Dragon Name:[/b] Laurent [b]Pronouns:[/b] He/Him [b]Breed: [/b] Pearlcatcher [b]Rank:[/b] Ex-Chosen One [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/89641663][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/896417/89641663_350.png[/img][/url] Laurent was born with a gift. No one knows exactly how or why, but something in him was so pure, so [i]perfect[/i], that it burst out from beneath his scales to bathe the world in its radiant warmth. It drew the attention of one of the Lightweaver’s many churches, and so they took him in and raised him to follow their ways. According to them, his power was a blessing from the Lightweaver Herself: a sign that he was destined to rid the world of evil, to shelter the world from heretics, to be the savior everyone had always wanted. Personally, Laurent has never seen it as much of a blessing. Everywhere he went, the bowing, the expectation- he was just a dragon, only the same as everyone else. Surely the Lightweaver couldn’t have blessed him, not just for this? It didn’t feel like a divine purpose, just random chance. And yet everyone saw his as something beyond mortal, some divine figure to be worshipped and praised, built up so high he couldn’t even see the earth beneath his feet. Laurent hated every second of it. He felt like he was living a lie. And so he left. With nothing but the clothes on his back, he ran away into the world, eager to find a place where he could live without everyone looking up to him like some sort of god. It came easier than he expected — his name was known everywhere, but without his hallmark uniforms and gaudy armor he seemed to simply blend into the crowd. It’s been a couple years now, and no one’s caught on yet. The Church still hasn’t tracked him down, and no one’s come to claim him as the Lightweaver’s sacred Champion. So maybe he’s found a way out? He doesn’t really like to think about the alternatives, anyways. Despite his [i]supreme holy destiny[/i], Laurent actually has fairly average magical abilities. He specializes in close-combat magics, and has little experience in illusions, teleportation magic, or enchantments. He can, however, conjure force shields and wield weak telekinetic abilities (his limit’s about 40 pounds, and he cannot use it on flesh or living bone). His real power comes from his latent Chosen One-ness: passively it creates an aura of around 25 feet that causes plants to flourish, puts animals and good-aligned entities at ease, and is noxious to malevolent entities and undead. The aura won’t kill a living dragon, but it is deeply unpleasant to be around and can severely harm anything considered “unholy”. Ghosts, evil spirits, and other such immaterial beings that fit the above criteria struggle to enter the aura and are exorcised if they spend too long under its effects. It has no effect on the Shade or the Shade-touched until willingly evoked, at which point it’s around twice as effective on them. Worth noting: the aura itself isn’t magical. It’s more like some aspect of Laurent’s being resonates with the fabric of the universe, creating a passive hum of pure holiness. It can be suppressed or weakened, but nullifying it entirely is [i]very[/i] difficult. The aura can also be evoked — Laurent’s gotten out of practice at drawing upon it, but if he focuses, he can theoretically stoke it into a much more powerful form. Doing so lets him use his power intentionally instead of just as a passive effect, grants him a sun-bright suit of ethereal armor, and greatly amplifies his magical abilities. The armor can only block living materials: it has no effect on projectiles or weapons (unless said weapons happen to be sentient, that is…) [b]*Added note:[/b] as the Chosen One, Laurent experiences a lot of the same tropes you’d expect from a video game/book protagonist — the world literally revolves around him. [i]Understand… these powers are strong, but they’re intended as thorns, not barricades. The universe/destiny/whatever is fickle. It favors Laurent, but it can only bend fate so far, and sometimes it might not even see a need to interfere. In other words: if anything here obstructs your ideas, just ignore it. No one can truly predict the will of the universe, after all. I’m sure it won’t mind. [/i] [u]Fortune:[/u] things have a tendency to work out for Laurent - he’ll often find that random chance works in his favor. 99% of the time, this just results in innocuous, self-contained events, like finding a pair of lost keys or always getting the perfect cup of coffee, as this will [i]never[/i] impose on another dragon’s will without some immediate, desperate need from Laurent. Like, life or death desperate, not “I really, really want this” desperate. [u]Karma:[/u] opposing Laurent has a tendency to anger the universe, and an angered universe is likely going to seek retribution. In other words, the more you get in his way, the more likely it is you’ll be hit by some random burst of bad luck. Said misfortune is proportionate to the relative harm done and the maliciousness of the act, is more likely to be inconvenient than lethal, and can sometimes take [i]years[/i] to go into effect, if at all. [i](Entirely player’s choice on if and how this will ever affect them.)[/i] [u]Plot armor:[/u] if Laurent is ever in a situation where he will suffer immediate and permanent harm, the universe will do [i]everything[/i] in its power to intervene. This doesn’t necessarily mean it will succeed. But in cases like these, anything that [i]can[/i] (reasonably) go wrong [i]will[/i] (likely) go wrong. [b]Familiar (if applicable):[/b] None, though he [i]does[/i] have a side hobby of creating sentient enchanted sculptures… [b]Will you devote time to this game for as long as it will run (1-3 months is standard), and are you aware that if you are idle, you will be removed?[/b]: Yup
Username: nameofuser

Dragon Name: Laurent

Pronouns: He/Him

Breed: Pearlcatcher

89641663_350.png

Laurent was born with a gift.
No one knows exactly how or why, but something in him was so pure, so perfect, that it burst out from beneath his scales to bathe the world in its radiant warmth. It drew the attention of one of the Lightweaver’s many churches, and so they took him in and raised him to follow their ways.
According to them, his power was a blessing from the Lightweaver Herself: a sign that he was destined to rid the world of evil, to shelter the world from heretics, to be the savior everyone had always wanted.
Personally, Laurent has never seen it as much of a blessing. Everywhere he went, the bowing, the expectation- he was just a dragon, only the same as everyone else. Surely the Lightweaver couldn’t have blessed him, not just for this?
It didn’t feel like a divine purpose, just random chance. And yet everyone saw his as something beyond mortal, some divine figure to be worshipped and praised, built up so high he couldn’t even see the earth beneath his feet. Laurent hated every second of it. He felt like he was living a lie. And so he left.
With nothing but the clothes on his back, he ran away into the world, eager to find a place where he could live without everyone looking up to him like some sort of god. It came easier than he expected — his name was known everywhere, but without his hallmark uniforms and gaudy armor he seemed to simply blend into the crowd. It’s been a couple years now, and no one’s caught on yet. The Church still hasn’t tracked him down, and no one’s come to claim him as the Lightweaver’s sacred Champion. So maybe he’s found a way out? He doesn’t really like to think about the alternatives, anyways.

Despite his supreme holy destiny, Laurent actually has fairly average magical abilities. He specializes in close-combat magics, and has little experience in illusions, teleportation magic, or enchantments. He can, however, conjure force shields and wield weak telekinetic abilities (his limit’s about 40 pounds, and he cannot use it on flesh or living bone).
His real power comes from his latent Chosen One-ness: passively it creates an aura of around 25 feet that causes plants to flourish, puts animals and good-aligned entities at ease, and is noxious to malevolent entities and undead. The aura won’t kill a living dragon, but it is deeply unpleasant to be around and can severely harm anything considered “unholy”. Ghosts, evil spirits, and other such immaterial beings that fit the above criteria struggle to enter the aura and are exorcised if they spend too long under its effects. It has no effect on the Shade or the Shade-touched until willingly evoked, at which point it’s around twice as effective on them.
Worth noting: the aura itself isn’t magical. It’s more like some aspect of Laurent’s being resonates with the fabric of the universe, creating a passive hum of pure holiness. It can be suppressed or weakened, but nullifying it entirely is very difficult.
The aura can also be evoked — Laurent’s gotten out of practice at drawing upon it, but if he focuses, he can theoretically stoke it into a much more powerful form. Doing so lets him use his power intentionally instead of just as a passive effect, grants him a sun-bright suit of ethereal armor, and greatly amplifies his magical abilities. The armor can only block living materials: it has no effect on projectiles or weapons (unless said weapons happen to be sentient, that is…)

*Added note: as the Chosen One, Laurent experiences a lot of the same tropes you’d expect from a video game/book protagonist — the world literally revolves around him.
Understand… these powers are strong, but they’re intended as thorns, not barricades. The universe/destiny/whatever is fickle. It favors Laurent, but it can only bend fate so far, and sometimes it might not even see a need to interfere. In other words: if anything here obstructs your ideas, just ignore it. No one can truly predict the will of the universe, after all. I’m sure it won’t mind.
Fortune: things have a tendency to work out for Laurent - he’ll often find that random chance works in his favor. 99% of the time, this just results in innocuous, self-contained events, like finding a pair of lost keys or always getting the perfect cup of coffee, as this will never impose on another dragon’s will without some immediate, desperate need from Laurent. Like, life or death desperate, not “I really, really want this” desperate.
Karma: opposing Laurent has a tendency to anger the universe, and an angered universe is likely going to seek retribution. In other words, the more you get in his way, the more likely it is you’ll be hit by some random burst of bad luck. Said misfortune is proportionate to the relative harm done and the maliciousness of the act, is more likely to be inconvenient than lethal, and can sometimes take years to go into effect, if at all. (Entirely player’s choice on if and how this will ever affect them.)
Plot armor: if Laurent is ever in a situation where he will suffer immediate and permanent harm, the universe will do everything in its power to intervene. This doesn’t necessarily mean it will succeed. But in cases like these, anything that can (reasonably) go wrong will (likely) go wrong.

Familiar (if applicable): None, though he does have a side hobby of creating sentient enchanted sculptures…

Will you devote time to this game for as long as it will run (1-3 months is standard), and are you aware that if you are idle, you will be removed?: Yup

@Killers in the Clan Official Pinglist

Hello KitC pinglisters! Day 0 for Game 37 has just begun. Do hop on the pinglist created by Relics to follow along if you'd like!

Furthermore, if you'd like any of the achievements that have now been broken, please ping me here or DM me and I will send you the intact copy.

Thanks all!

@Killers in the Clan Official Pinglist

Hello KitC pinglisters! Day 0 for Game 37 has just begun. Do hop on the pinglist created by Relics to follow along if you'd like!

Furthermore, if you'd like any of the achievements that have now been broken, please ping me here or DM me and I will send you the intact copy.

Thanks all!

xxxxx11291.png xxxxxxxxxxx star | she/her | fr +15
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xlxdisplay dragon
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxkillers in the clan
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xlxfriend rising discord
Hi can I be in the waitlist?
Hi can I be in the waitlist?
2675f041d3bf3ccbf48b41d2a46168b98f349af9.png Moonwatcher simp
@lunarstarclan Sure! I've added you now for game 38 ^^
@lunarstarclan Sure! I've added you now for game 38 ^^
JellyRaven

WvEXipG.png

E4qlLPv.png
what does the * at the end of some names in the waitlist on discord mean?
what does the * at the end of some names in the waitlist on discord mean?
2675f041d3bf3ccbf48b41d2a46168b98f349af9.png Moonwatcher simp
@lunarstarclan It's just a reminder for me, so I can remember who has asked to be in Game 38 specifically and not in Game 37 so we don't move them upwards. (but I can remove those now since game has started)
@lunarstarclan It's just a reminder for me, so I can remember who has asked to be in Game 38 specifically and not in Game 37 so we don't move them upwards. (but I can remove those now since game has started)
JellyRaven

WvEXipG.png

E4qlLPv.png
Hey everyone in Game 37! How do we feel about having the Travellers' Shelter being illuminated by fire-magic lanterns? I'm thinking there will be a maximum of 2 in each room. So there's light, but it won't be as bright as a regular inn.
Hey everyone in Game 37! How do we feel about having the Travellers' Shelter being illuminated by fire-magic lanterns? I'm thinking there will be a maximum of 2 in each room. So there's light, but it won't be as bright as a regular inn.
xxxxx11291.png xxxxxxxxxxx star | she/her | fr +15
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xlxdisplay dragon
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxkillers in the clan
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xlxfriend rising discord
@JellyRaven can i be added to the pinglist?
@JellyRaven can i be added to the pinglist?
aesq82D.giff54b7fcb7a59201d421ffead40d394df8005beab.png41722454605_fc7ec4942e_o.png
[quote name="Starwindrider" date="2024-02-28 20:53:27" ] Hey everyone in Game 37! How do we feel about having the Travellers' Shelter being illuminated by fire-magic lanterns? I'm thinking there will be a maximum of 2 in each room. So there's light, but it won't be as bright as a regular inn. [/quote] That sounds fun!
Starwindrider wrote on 2024-02-28 20:53:27:
That sounds fun!
e0e5fe8bc5e2eb71e48268d844d1053a183e4251.gif
@JellyRaven can i be added to the waitlist?
:0 im excited to see what happens next round!
@JellyRaven can i be added to the waitlist?
:0 im excited to see what happens next round!
1 2 ... 757 758 759 760 761 ... 765 766