Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | CYOA - Scattered Memories
1 2
@Stri @Prosperity @Jheyda (I know there aren't too many people in this, but I've bumped the thread and the interest is still the same... plus I'm eager to go on!) [center][b]>Call out the enemy.[/b] - H-Hey! Who are you? Show yourself! - Lyric shouted, trying to maintain a strong and fierce image. Whatever the darkness had in store for him, he wasn't going to run from it - though he was really freaking out deep inside. The nearby bushes rustled as the ominous chuckling stopped. For a few moments, nothing happened - but just as soon as Lyric started questioning his sanity, more laughing came from the bushes. This time, though, it was raspy, low and sharp as if whoever had this voice dragged it from their throat before speaking - and it was [i]hysterical[/i]. A female Mirror burst out of the bushes, barely standing on her legs from unstoppable laughing. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=3&bodygene=18&breed=3&element=5&eyetype=5&gender=1&tert=3&tertgene=9&winggene=7&wings=3&auth=0bc853675fa4b01aeb72071f4be40120b545f6ca&dummyext=prev.png[/img] - Holy Stormcatcher, the looks on your face... oh my god this was good! - the Mirror creaked as her fit of laughter stopped at long last. - I thought we agreed that you would no longer prank me this way, Macchia! - Lyric scoffed, offended and embarrased by the Mirror's joke. - Come on, Mr. Whisker, you know I'd never harm you more than that. - Macchia bumped his shoulder, her many eyes looking at him kindly. Two of them were missing, and one never moved with the rest, forever fixed in one position and tinted white. Even more battle scars covered her hide, and her wings and ears were torn in several places. No one would want to mess with Macchia, even the many dragon clans whose lairs dotted the nearby cliffs like honeycomb in a beehive. She was fierce, her temper and skills forged in many battles. She was the one who found Lyric after he lost his memory, and since that day she took care of him - with a harsh, but motherly love. - So hey, I wanted to show you something! There must be a reason that you are awake so soon. - Macchia seemed oddly enthusiastic, making Lyric snap out of his trance a bit. - Oh, yeah, sure. Where is it? - he replied, already suspecting she must have scared him for that "reason". - The Wispforest! You want to go there, don't you?! The Wispforest was only known for many ghosts haunting its trees. Literally nothing else was known to dragons. Yet Macchia's voice allowed no ifs or buts. - Uh... A peek would be good, I guess? - Lyric tilted his head in confusion. No one but Macchia has ever been to this forest before, and she never told him anything about her adventures there. In fact, it's not like he knew where it was. - So where is it? - Right behind me. - the Mirror grinned. Venturing into the forest would be unsafe... and yet Lyric could feel his curiousity was starting to get the best of him. [b]>Follow Macchia. >Return home.[/b][/center]
@Stri @Prosperity @Jheyda
(I know there aren't too many people in this, but I've bumped the thread and the interest is still the same... plus I'm eager to go on!)
>Call out the enemy.
- H-Hey! Who are you? Show yourself! - Lyric shouted, trying to maintain a strong and fierce image. Whatever the darkness had in store for him, he wasn't going to run from it - though he was really freaking out deep inside.
The nearby bushes rustled as the ominous chuckling stopped.
For a few moments, nothing happened - but just as soon as Lyric started questioning his sanity, more laughing came from the bushes.
This time, though, it was raspy, low and sharp as if whoever had this voice dragged it from their throat before speaking - and it was hysterical. A female Mirror burst out of the bushes, barely standing on her legs from unstoppable laughing.
dragon?age=1&body=3&bodygene=18&breed=3&element=5&eyetype=5&gender=1&tert=3&tertgene=9&winggene=7&wings=3&auth=0bc853675fa4b01aeb72071f4be40120b545f6ca&dummyext=prev.png
- Holy Stormcatcher, the looks on your face... oh my god this was good! - the Mirror creaked as her fit of laughter stopped at long last.
- I thought we agreed that you would no longer prank me this way, Macchia! - Lyric scoffed, offended and embarrased by the Mirror's joke.
- Come on, Mr. Whisker, you know I'd never harm you more than that. - Macchia bumped his shoulder, her many eyes looking at him kindly. Two of them were missing, and one never moved with the rest, forever fixed in one position and tinted white. Even more battle scars covered her hide, and her wings and ears were torn in several places.
No one would want to mess with Macchia, even the many dragon clans whose lairs dotted the nearby cliffs like honeycomb in a beehive. She was fierce, her temper and skills forged in many battles. She was the one who found Lyric after he lost his memory,
and since that day she took care of him - with a harsh, but motherly love.
- So hey, I wanted to show you something! There must be a reason that you are awake so soon. - Macchia seemed oddly enthusiastic,
making Lyric snap out of his trance a bit.
- Oh, yeah, sure. Where is it? - he replied, already suspecting she must have scared him for that "reason".
- The Wispforest! You want to go there, don't you?!
The Wispforest was only known for many ghosts haunting its trees.
Literally nothing else was known to dragons. Yet Macchia's voice allowed no ifs or buts.
- Uh... A peek would be good, I guess? - Lyric tilted his head in confusion. No one but Macchia has ever been to this forest before, and she never told him anything about her adventures there. In fact,
it's not like he knew where it was.
- So where is it?
- Right behind me. - the Mirror grinned.
Venturing into the forest would be unsafe... and yet Lyric could feel his curiousity was starting to get the best of him.

>Follow Macchia.
>Return home.
SB4840m.png
Check out my CYOA!
Follow Macchia! I wanna see this place too!
Follow Macchia! I wanna see this place too!
Sol~
sZShZzW.png
mlHpBMC.png
OxagJgG.png
GjJlaVJ.png
I love Danganronpa & Yakuza
Celeste is best girl, But I love Toko too
Majima Goro the beloved ever
Splatoon 3 Addict
Bisexual Aromantic Polyam
Follow Macchia!
Follow Macchia!
pm6sAxv.png
bump
bump
SB4840m.png
Check out my CYOA!
@Stri @Prosperity @Jheyda (It's been a while, sorry! It should be continued as planned not that I sorted my issues out. Also I swear I'll stop adding new characters every chapter.) [center][b]>Follow Macchia[/b] - Well, I assume there's no harm in going there with you. After all, who knows if these ghost stories are true! - Lyric replied, desperately trying to shake off the feeling that something is going horribly wrong. - They might be... - Macchia grinned mysteriously, trotting into the woods. Lyric followed her, looking around. The Wispforest really was beautiful. Completely dark, it was only illuminated by its plantlife. Blue glowing mushrooms attached to any tree they walked past, making the swirls of the bark appear almost claw-drawn. Small patches of purple clover were spread here and there, their blue dots barely shining. But that wasn't the strangest thing - fluorescent cyan mist swam in the air, slowly following currents known to no one. Lyric could see his paws, whiskers and tail fairly well, but Macchia sometimes completely disappeared in the fog, making him wonder where the Mirror went. - Hey, you, don't trail off! - she cried just as he was about to head the wrong way. - I have something to show you here. Lyric turned around quickly, following her voice. As he was approaching, pink glow slowly made itself seen - first barely visible in the blue mist, then clearly seen as... - A tree? - Lyric tilted his head as he sat beside Macchia in front of a huge oak. No, not just huge - it was gigantic, and its bark was shining bright pink. - A [b]pink[/b] tree? But how is that- - Well, see it for yourself. - Macchia growled, rolling around like a playful hatchling. Times when she had genuine fun were quite rare, others said, but Lyric saw her act this childishly quite often. Still, he felt like she was bossy and rough much more. The Pearlcatcher approached the oak and held out his claws. As he touched the bark, he realised thay it was just a thick layer of pink moss covering it - from bottom to top. As he sliced it in half, a swarm of lacewings darted out, covering the tree. "I didn't have my breakfast yet, why not?" Lyric raised his paw to catch an insect. This kind of hunting took quite a lot of patience - a virtue that he was graced with, luckily. Yet as he was just about to slam his claws down, hopefully catching a snack, the entire swarm rose up and flew away. Something startled them. - That's very funny, Macchia, but you owe me some mantises now. - Lyric said playfully as he turned around. Not very unexpectedly, Macchia was nowhere to be found. Great. - Macchia! - Lyric called, but there was no reply. The Mirror wasn't the type to break her "pranks" this fast. Lyric started searching around, hoping to catch a glimpse of one of her eyes or her shredded hide. He heard something brush against the oak. Something that sounded like... a wing? "Well, now her hide-and-seek session is most certainly over!" It would be at least bizarre to play in such a place, but Lyric was confident his friend knew the forest like her own claws. He even forgot about his hunger as he crept towards the sound. Then he heard the same noise again - she probably didn't even realise he's there! The loud stomping from behind changed his mind. Lyric turned around and gasped - a huge, strong Guardian charged at him from the mist. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=91&bodygene=3&breed=2&element=4&eyetype=3&gender=0&tert=135&tertgene=13&winggene=13&wings=91&auth=44c3d1841bd56f3cae20f6286a76aa4f43d05651&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Frozen in fear, Lyric realized he's as good as dead now - it took so much as a paw's swing for the Guardian to knock him down to the ground. As he managed to stand straight, he stared at the dragon in fear. Pearlcatchers are primarily magic user, this should help him fight back. But his opponent was so strong... [b]>Attack the opponent! Let them run away in turn, light and water deal equal damage! >Defend yourself. The Guardians are strong, attacking won't help much. >Try to talk out of this. Dispute solves every problem. >Play dead. What if this Guardian is super dumb and this will make him leave?[/center]
@Stri @Prosperity @Jheyda
(It's been a while, sorry! It should be continued as planned not that I sorted my issues out. Also I swear I'll stop adding new characters every chapter.)
>Follow Macchia
- Well, I assume there's no harm in going there with you. After all,
who knows if these ghost stories are true! - Lyric replied, desperately trying to shake off the feeling that something is going horribly wrong.
- They might be... - Macchia grinned mysteriously, trotting into the woods. Lyric followed her, looking around.
The Wispforest really was beautiful. Completely dark, it was only illuminated by its plantlife. Blue glowing mushrooms attached to any tree they walked past, making the swirls of the bark appear almost claw-drawn. Small patches of purple clover were spread here and there, their blue dots barely shining. But that wasn't the strangest thing - fluorescent cyan mist swam in the air, slowly following currents known to no one. Lyric could see his paws,
whiskers and tail fairly well, but Macchia sometimes completely disappeared in the fog, making him wonder where the Mirror went.
- Hey, you, don't trail off! - she cried just as he was about to head the wrong way. - I have something to show you here.
Lyric turned around quickly, following her voice. As he was approaching, pink glow slowly made itself seen - first barely visible in the blue mist, then clearly seen as...
- A tree? - Lyric tilted his head as he sat beside Macchia in front of a huge oak. No, not just huge - it was gigantic, and its bark was shining bright pink. - A pink tree? But how is that-
- Well, see it for yourself. - Macchia growled, rolling around like a playful hatchling. Times when she had genuine fun were quite rare,
others said, but Lyric saw her act this childishly quite often. Still, he felt like she was bossy and rough much more.
The Pearlcatcher approached the oak and held out his claws. As he touched the bark, he realised thay it was just a thick layer of pink moss covering it - from bottom to top. As he sliced it in half, a swarm of lacewings darted out, covering the tree. "I didn't have my breakfast yet, why not?"
Lyric raised his paw to catch an insect. This kind of hunting took quite a lot of patience - a virtue that he was graced with, luckily.
Yet as he was just about to slam his claws down, hopefully catching a snack, the entire swarm rose up and flew away.
Something startled them.
- That's very funny, Macchia, but you owe me some mantises now.
- Lyric said playfully as he turned around.
Not very unexpectedly, Macchia was nowhere to be found. Great.
- Macchia! - Lyric called, but there was no reply. The Mirror wasn't the type to break her "pranks" this fast. Lyric started searching around, hoping to catch a glimpse of one of her eyes or her shredded hide.
He heard something brush against the oak. Something that sounded like... a wing? "Well, now her hide-and-seek session is most certainly over!" It would be at least bizarre to play in such a place, but Lyric was confident his friend knew the forest like her own claws. He even forgot about his hunger as he crept towards the sound. Then he heard the same noise again - she probably didn't even realise he's there!
The loud stomping from behind changed his mind. Lyric turned around and gasped - a huge, strong Guardian charged at him from the mist.
dragon?age=1&body=91&bodygene=3&breed=2&element=4&eyetype=3&gender=0&tert=135&tertgene=13&winggene=13&wings=91&auth=44c3d1841bd56f3cae20f6286a76aa4f43d05651&dummyext=prev.png
Frozen in fear, Lyric realized he's as good as dead now - it took so much as a paw's swing for the Guardian to knock him down to the ground. As he managed to stand straight, he stared at the dragon in fear. Pearlcatchers are primarily magic user, this should help him fight back. But his opponent was so strong...
>Attack the opponent! Let them run away in turn, light and water deal equal damage!
>Defend yourself. The Guardians are strong, attacking won't help much.
>Try to talk out of this. Dispute solves every problem.
>Play dead. What if this Guardian is super dumb and this will make him leave?
SB4840m.png
Check out my CYOA!
>Try to talk to the guardian
And may I be added to the pinglist?
>Try to talk to the guardian
And may I be added to the pinglist?
l9szmFh.jpg
Try to talk to the guardian
Try to talk to the guardian
bomp
bomp
SB4840m.png