Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [RoR] IoI History of Zombies
1 2 3
OMG, this is all so interesting, I loved getting to read this. If this is a regular thing in plague i'd have to consider a vacation :p
OMG, this is all so interesting, I loved getting to read this. If this is a regular thing in plague i'd have to consider a vacation :p
Crow JvUa9ma.png
WjJZ2Rn.png
160P7Fb.png
kCHWEjf.png
@Hypercoaster I don't know the mechanism behind the control but another type of the fungus has also been used to make medicine for MS sufferers. :)
@Hypercoaster I don't know the mechanism behind the control but another type of the fungus has also been used to make medicine for MS sufferers. :)
natureshieldl.png NIJBYPt.png uRC0U7k.png NIJBYPt.png natureshieldr.png
@Avessa
Yeah, I'll have to research about the control, see if it's even something scientists know about yet. Interesting that it's in MS meds, too. Fungi is a funny creature for humans, because we can eat some, we can use some in medication, and others are deadly. I can't wait for the pathogen lessons on here. I'm hoping for lots of parasites! Oh, and I have AS, too. Infectious disease is one of my mini-special interests within science.
@Avessa
Yeah, I'll have to research about the control, see if it's even something scientists know about yet. Interesting that it's in MS meds, too. Fungi is a funny creature for humans, because we can eat some, we can use some in medication, and others are deadly. I can't wait for the pathogen lessons on here. I'm hoping for lots of parasites! Oh, and I have AS, too. Infectious disease is one of my mini-special interests within science.
SunsetMagnum.jpgFjgpNYm.png1j6wDhn.pngreHWBXk.png
If y'all like reading about parasites Peeps by Scott Westerfeld is the best New Adult fiction book about it

It's a sci-fi twist on vampires set in modern New York & the dorky main character is trying to hunt down the person who passed onto him a scary parasitic "peeps virus" that turns you into a carnivorous zombie :^)

Also, anyone feeling like the tests could be more challenging?
*pounds fists on desk chanting* Harder Tests
If y'all like reading about parasites Peeps by Scott Westerfeld is the best New Adult fiction book about it

It's a sci-fi twist on vampires set in modern New York & the dorky main character is trying to hunt down the person who passed onto him a scary parasitic "peeps virus" that turns you into a carnivorous zombie :^)

Also, anyone feeling like the tests could be more challenging?
*pounds fists on desk chanting* Harder Tests
aaha, I was hoping we'd see the Cordyceps fungus mentioned somewhere here!

as @Avessa mentioned, there's more than one type of it that each infects a specific insect, which is depicted in the following video (fairly graphic as far as bugs go): Cordyceps: Attack of the Killer Fungi
aaha, I was hoping we'd see the Cordyceps fungus mentioned somewhere here!

as @Avessa mentioned, there's more than one type of it that each infects a specific insect, which is depicted in the following video (fairly graphic as far as bugs go): Cordyceps: Attack of the Killer Fungi
a pixelated cut-in of toropiamon, a plant dinosaur digimon, as seen on the pendulum z wind guardians device. faust, they/he, fr +3
small lair enthusiast
Ah this is all interesting, I've always found Cordyceps awesome!

It's already been said already, but i'll reaffirm it. There are cordyceps for specific insects, ants are the most recognized ones but there are many different kinds. But ANYWAY, I didn't know all this about Zombies, I feel enlightened! Can't wait for the next lesson!
Ah this is all interesting, I've always found Cordyceps awesome!

It's already been said already, but i'll reaffirm it. There are cordyceps for specific insects, ants are the most recognized ones but there are many different kinds. But ANYWAY, I didn't know all this about Zombies, I feel enlightened! Can't wait for the next lesson!
thorns_by_northwyrm-db96un3.gif
I thought Plaguebringer hated zombies? :u
I thought Plaguebringer hated zombies? :u
Enjoyed the lesson and all the comments. So much more interesting than what I need to be doing right now. Have to give a lecture on sepsis on thurs. I may be the "Sepsis Queen" at work, but this lecture is going to be so boring.....no zombies allowed!
Enjoyed the lesson and all the comments. So much more interesting than what I need to be doing right now. Have to give a lecture on sepsis on thurs. I may be the "Sepsis Queen" at work, but this lecture is going to be so boring.....no zombies allowed!
B17-L.pngs9-d01-Equusina.pngs9-d02-Equusina.pngs9-d03-Equusina.pngs9-d04-Equusina.pngs9-d05-Equusina.pngs9-d06-Equusina.pngs9-d07-Equusina.pngs9-d08-Equusina.pngs9-d09-Equusina.pngs9-d10-Equusina.pngs9-d11-Equusina.pngs9-d12-Equusina.pngs9-d13-Equusina.pngs9-d14-Equusina.pngB17-R.png
Hex0gCq.png
center]tWjEyu3.png[/center]
59TgHaL.png6qRiT6A.pnggLbSZXW.gif

uk9aQ3a.pngxm3SUTd.pngqyXz5ux.png kQXO8qG.gif
Btrc1b3.png

CvMCKOn.png
YS78n0y.gif
oapIRSh.png

OvJsD6v.png qS8m3Il.png
9wmtr73.gif
tZfAbHX.gif
tumblr_oesqvmhEFF1ql1x1no8_r1_100.png[/url]glitterbomb_starfall_2016_by_starkindlerstudio-dai1j8g.png 3nlGtPe.gifequusina_TODbadge.pngBzeVYAh.png
This is the kind of learning I actually enjoy (read: a topic I find fascinating). It reminds me of the documentary about "Zombie Alligators," which can be viewed for free on the National Geographic WILD YouTube channel right here. I don't want to spoil the ending, but the symptoms these gators suffered truly seemed zombie-like and the cause was an interesting, natural one.

As for zombies in fiction, the Reavers from Firefly come to mind. They're cannibalistic monsters who ruthlessly attack people. There's more to it, that probably isn't suitable for mention on FR, but basically they're really creepy and were created by the experiments of a corrupt yet seemingly well-meaning government experiment to eradicate violence/aggression from the human species. While the others affected simply stopped functioning and died, these people had the reverse reaction and became aggressive monsters which seem akin to zombies. It's one of those "statement about society" sorts of origins mentioned in the lesson, I think.
This is the kind of learning I actually enjoy (read: a topic I find fascinating). It reminds me of the documentary about "Zombie Alligators," which can be viewed for free on the National Geographic WILD YouTube channel right here. I don't want to spoil the ending, but the symptoms these gators suffered truly seemed zombie-like and the cause was an interesting, natural one.

As for zombies in fiction, the Reavers from Firefly come to mind. They're cannibalistic monsters who ruthlessly attack people. There's more to it, that probably isn't suitable for mention on FR, but basically they're really creepy and were created by the experiments of a corrupt yet seemingly well-meaning government experiment to eradicate violence/aggression from the human species. While the others affected simply stopped functioning and died, these people had the reverse reaction and became aggressive monsters which seem akin to zombies. It's one of those "statement about society" sorts of origins mentioned in the lesson, I think.

r250Bbk.png ZW5CgDF.png FFH3hV6.png s1GAkgl.png LBmwkOD.png Lef8ZKD.png 10CB8sd.png
You always have a choice.
You can either roll over and die, or you can keep fightin' no matter what.
Thanks for the new info.
Thanks for the new info.
1052p.png
KPt2jST.png
PsY9SIv.png
VA1XCHD.png
l5SJ5yw.png
58T08n9.png
kyWLcLU.png
1 2 3