Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Headcanon a Dragon Above You
1 2 ... 785 786 787 788 789 ... 853 854
@BONUSDUCKS [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/76255438][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/762555/76255438_350.png[/img][/url] Masser is not a creature of this world. at least, that's what he says. and, well, he sure looks the part, what with the constant flowing smoke, more wings than any dragon really should have, and the soft glow she always gives off. is it true? well. he's the only one who knows the truth. but she's so earnest about it. so compelling. so much so that you can't help but believe her. you have no choice but to believe her. no matter what, no matter who you are- you [i]will[/i] believe her. (in truth? well. Masser is quite skilled at mind magic. take of that how you will.) ....and if you use her as a night light, she will have quite a few choice words to say to you about that.
@BONUSDUCKS

76255438_350.png

Masser is not a creature of this world. at least, that's what he says. and, well, he sure looks the part, what with the constant flowing smoke, more wings than any dragon really should have, and the soft glow she always gives off. is it true? well. he's the only one who knows the truth. but she's so earnest about it. so compelling. so much so that you can't help but believe her. you have no choice but to believe her. no matter what, no matter who you are- you will believe her.

(in truth? well. Masser is quite skilled at mind magic. take of that how you will.)

....and if you use her as a night light, she will have quite a few choice words to say to you about that.
8aKVtucC_o.png
@2BDamned | I love the use of this accent on her! [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/68297311][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/682974/68297311_350.png[/img][/url] Camio wasn't initially Shade-touched, she was simply curious about the plants that grew in the Tangled Wood, having been blessed with plants growing from her body-- it was simply natural to want to learn more about other greenery, too. Though the Tangled Wood wasn't all a safe place, and as she stayed in the Wispwillow Grove for so long, it was clear that it was changing her. She doesn't know how, or why, but now she's a walking embodiment of the dark forest. Her mind altered slightly, but no one can place a clawed finger on [i]what exactly[/i] changed behind her eyes. [i]Just another mystery of the darkness...[/i] [rule] @LittleLeopard28 | I love that so much! I'll definitely be incorporating that into his lore!
@2BDamned | I love the use of this accent on her!
68297311_350.png

Camio wasn't initially Shade-touched, she was simply curious about the plants that grew in the Tangled Wood, having been blessed with plants growing from her body-- it was simply natural to want to learn more about other greenery, too.

Though the Tangled Wood wasn't all a safe place, and as she stayed in the Wispwillow Grove for so long, it was clear that it was changing her. She doesn't know how, or why, but now she's a walking embodiment of the dark forest. Her mind altered slightly, but no one can place a clawed finger on what exactly changed behind her eyes.

Just another mystery of the darkness...

@LittleLeopard28 | I love that so much! I'll definitely be incorporating that into his lore!
Valkyrie
~ she/her | +0 Fr Time ~
~
Northern Frost Hatchery
733EAYl.png
@Fjordhop [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/76383447][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/763835/76383447_350.png[/img][/url] Though the delicate designs on Bifrost look similar to filigree, they're actually solid ice that has permanently been affixed to his fur from a curse placed on him as an egg from an enemy of his parents. For as long as he lives, the ice will never melt and will feel forever cold. If he tries to remove it, it only appears once again the next day, this time covering even more fur than before. Having had it all his life, Bifrost has grown accustommed to the cold, but early on he decided to carve it into beautiful shapes as a way of taking what control of it he could. It takes a lot of time to upkeep this design as it grows slightly every day and, for this reason, Bifrost works on it every morning. [rule] @Fishes Thanks for the headcanon! I'm definitely adding it to Trixie's bio now
@Fjordhop

76383447_350.png

Though the delicate designs on Bifrost look similar to filigree, they're actually solid ice that has permanently been affixed to his fur from a curse placed on him as an egg from an enemy of his parents. For as long as he lives, the ice will never melt and will feel forever cold. If he tries to remove it, it only appears once again the next day, this time covering even more fur than before.

Having had it all his life, Bifrost has grown accustommed to the cold, but early on he decided to carve it into beautiful shapes as a way of taking what control of it he could. It takes a lot of time to upkeep this design as it grows slightly every day and, for this reason, Bifrost works on it every morning.

@Fishes

Thanks for the headcanon! I'm definitely adding it to Trixie's bio now
GLMwkdE.png2rWR3yh.png11efmKl.pngrix3ppo.png5hF3FGk.pngYMPbu9R.png
@LittleLeopard28 [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/48494876][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/484949/48494876_350.png[/img][/url] Trixy's faded colors meant that she was not given as much attention as her siblings as a hatchling. Not that her parents didn't like her, but everyone seemed to think she was bad luck or something of that vein. She tried her hardest to prove that she was just as good as the others, but they wouldn't see her for who she was. So when she grew old enough, she left her old home. She is very independent and prefers to get things done herself. She admires Dusk of the Canyon Couriers for her potent magic and sharp tongue. Although Trixy has confidence in many things, speaking is not one of them and she often wishes that she had the words to express herself like how Dusk speaks to her team. ----- Next: Please do anyone from the second tab in my hibden onwards!
@LittleLeopard28
48494876_350.png

Trixy's faded colors meant that she was not given as much attention as her siblings as a hatchling. Not that her parents didn't like her, but everyone seemed to think she was bad luck or something of that vein. She tried her hardest to prove that she was just as good as the others, but they wouldn't see her for who she was. So when she grew old enough, she left her old home.

She is very independent and prefers to get things done herself. She admires Dusk of the Canyon Couriers for her potent magic and sharp tongue. Although Trixy has confidence in many things, speaking is not one of them and she often wishes that she had the words to express herself like how Dusk speaks to her team.

Next: Please do anyone from the second tab in my hibden onwards!
Fishes ____ she/her | +3 FR time | wishlist | avatar
ra01-icon-goldfish.gif s02-icon-whale.gif
@Fishes [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/72677410][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/726775/72677410_350.png[/img][/url] Kamari is a very energetic dragon, constantly bouncing around his lab as creates new inventions, though he wasn't always like that. He was very reserved as a hatchling, socially outlasted by others, too scared to speak his mind for fear of ridicule for his "insane" inventions. Though he likes to think that he's gotten over that part of his life, more self-assured than that time, but sometimes it catches up to him again and he gets extremely anxious before presenting new inventions to others. Raiden, oddly enough, helps to calm him down, speaking to him until he gains enough confidence to present it. [/center]
@Fishes
72677410_350.png
Kamari is a very energetic dragon, constantly bouncing around his lab as creates new inventions, though he wasn't always like that. He was very reserved as a hatchling, socially outlasted by others, too scared to speak his mind for fear of ridicule for his "insane" inventions. Though he likes to think that he's gotten over that part of his life, more self-assured than that time, but sometimes it catches up to him again and he gets extremely anxious before presenting new inventions to others. Raiden, oddly enough, helps to calm him down, speaking to him until he gains enough confidence to present it.
3e0w1yj.gifbHn1OUN.gifRmSSMKo.pngbHn1OUN.gif3e0w1yj.gif
@Nighthydra [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/71116290][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/711163/71116290_350.png[/img][/url] Scrya's name is far from metaphorical. Scrya has the ability to see through the eyes of any dragon she's personally met before through any body of water, though she usually prefers cauldrons. This is not a voluntary action. If Scrya is every out in the rain, many dragons will find her eye caught by a the puddles formed on the ground. Some rumors say that the reason she's contributed herself so wholly to a pursuit of knowledge is because she watched someone she loved perish at the hands of a force she couldn't even begin to understand through the view she caught, though whether these rumors are simply unfounded gossip or have a grain of truth to them is hard to tell. Scrya is far from the most open of dragons. [rule] @endsinger Please never apologize for writing too much, this headcanon is delightful and Imma add it to her boi because I'm crying right now, thank you very very much
@Nighthydra

71116290_350.png

Scrya's name is far from metaphorical. Scrya has the ability to see through the eyes of any dragon she's personally met before through any body of water, though she usually prefers cauldrons. This is not a voluntary action. If Scrya is every out in the rain, many dragons will find her eye caught by a the puddles formed on the ground.

Some rumors say that the reason she's contributed herself so wholly to a pursuit of knowledge is because she watched someone she loved perish at the hands of a force she couldn't even begin to understand through the view she caught, though whether these rumors are simply unfounded gossip or have a grain of truth to them is hard to tell. Scrya is far from the most open of dragons.

@endsinger Please never apologize for writing too much, this headcanon is delightful and Imma add it to her boi because I'm crying right now, thank you very very much
GLMwkdE.png2rWR3yh.png11efmKl.pngrix3ppo.png5hF3FGk.pngYMPbu9R.png
@LittleLeopard28 [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/45153049][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/451531/45153049_350.png[/img][/url] While Dusk may seem very rough around the edges at times, she does harbor a soft spot for those she cares about, and this includes her brilliant psywurm familiar, Tarragon. They met one another during some uneventful, easy delivery trip near light territory. Tarragon was but a baby at the time, and seemed to be abandoned and injured, perhaps by another dragon who forgot to finish him off. The little psywurm, afraid of Dusk, tried his best to defend himself from what he perceived to be another threat, but alas, he was too young to control his magic and his meager nibbles and scratches did nothing to the powerful dragon. He was simply too weak. Dusk, feeling sorry for the psywurm, and perhaps even being reminded of her own past of feeling too fragile, decided to heal him as best she could before they left to continue their work. But psywurms have excellent memory, and never forget someone who helped them. And thus, the little psywurm followed the couriers, sneaking at first, unsure of if he could trust the other dragons. Then, slowly, he made his presence known to Dusk. She had cursed herself for allowing a creature to sneak up on them at first, but once she realized which one it was, she let her guard down. It seems the poor thing just wanted a family. So she took him in, training him and not-so-secretly pampering him like a spoiled hatchling, until he was brave and strong. He even finally gained control of his magic, just as Dusk had, and could even help in battles from time to time! She named him Tarragon, after he snuck into her garden the moment they got back to the lair and ate some she was growing for culinary purposes. She couldn't be mad at him though, it was nice, seeing him happy. She was his new family. (SORRY I kind of wrote a lot! I just had a sweet idea of how she met her familiar and ran with it....) (next person, sorry my lair is such a mess and doesn't have a ton of lore for most dragons yet, also please avoid any dragons in the breeding pairs tab or hibden!) @Fjordhop ooooh, that's very nice and I'll incorporate it into her lore, thank you!! also don't worry about it being too dark, my clan's main lore is pretty dark already!
@LittleLeopard28

45153049_350.png

While Dusk may seem very rough around the edges at times, she does harbor a soft spot for those she cares about, and this includes her brilliant psywurm familiar, Tarragon.
They met one another during some uneventful, easy delivery trip near light territory. Tarragon was but a baby at the time, and seemed to be abandoned and injured, perhaps by another dragon who forgot to finish him off. The little psywurm, afraid of Dusk, tried his best to defend himself from what he perceived to be another threat, but alas, he was too young to control his magic and his meager nibbles and scratches did nothing to the powerful dragon. He was simply too weak.
Dusk, feeling sorry for the psywurm, and perhaps even being reminded of her own past of feeling too fragile, decided to heal him as best she could before they left to continue their work.
But psywurms have excellent memory, and never forget someone who helped them. And thus, the little psywurm followed the couriers, sneaking at first, unsure of if he could trust the other dragons. Then, slowly, he made his presence known to Dusk. She had cursed herself for allowing a creature to sneak up on them at first, but once she realized which one it was, she let her guard down.
It seems the poor thing just wanted a family. So she took him in, training him and not-so-secretly pampering him like a spoiled hatchling, until he was brave and strong. He even finally gained control of his magic, just as Dusk had, and could even help in battles from time to time! She named him Tarragon, after he snuck into her garden the moment they got back to the lair and ate some she was growing for culinary purposes. She couldn't be mad at him though, it was nice, seeing him happy.
She was his new family.

(SORRY I kind of wrote a lot! I just had a sweet idea of how she met her familiar and ran with it....)

(next person, sorry my lair is such a mess and doesn't have a ton of lore for most dragons yet, also please avoid any dragons in the breeding pairs tab or hibden!)

@Fjordhop ooooh, that's very nice and I'll incorporate it into her lore, thank you!! also don't worry about it being too dark, my clan's main lore is pretty dark already!
61261722_Dbz0E3y8ordnBWj.png fenrir/vash

he/they/xe/it

fr+2

trading OCs here!
@endsinger | It's a little dark, but I hope you like it! [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74523840][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/745239/74523840_350.png[/img][/url] This.. experiment wasn't previously like this. She was hatched in the laboratory, just a sweet little Fae hatchling with stars both in her eyes and on her body. Until the experiments began. She was unnamed, only scarcely cared for, and tested on. Some refer to her as Specimen: SEER, but she doesn't consider that her name, nothing is. It didn't take long for her body to morph painfully, the stars on her body dimming and monstrous tears in her wings forming, mocking eyes that weren't her own staring. watching. waiting. Then the whispers began. Thoughts that were not her own chittering, growling, mocking her in her mind. The pain was no longer just physical, but psychological too. The poor, unnamed Fae was suffering. She had gone blind, at some point in her experimentation, and slowly.. ever so slowly, she's seeing in fractals with every movement of her leering wings. She doesn't even know what is her own, anymore. Often she'll beg those prepping experiments to help her, to take away her pain. But no one listens. [i]...No one listens except the voices in her head...[/i]
@endsinger | It's a little dark, but I hope you like it!
74523840_350.png

This.. experiment wasn't previously like this. She was hatched in the laboratory, just a sweet little Fae hatchling with stars both in her eyes and on her body. Until the experiments began. She was unnamed, only scarcely cared for, and tested on.
Some refer to her as Specimen: SEER, but she doesn't consider that her name, nothing is.

It didn't take long for her body to morph painfully, the stars on her body dimming and monstrous tears in her wings forming, mocking eyes that weren't her own staring. watching. waiting.

Then the whispers began. Thoughts that were not her own chittering, growling, mocking her in her mind. The pain was no longer just physical, but psychological too. The poor, unnamed Fae was suffering.

She had gone blind, at some point in her experimentation, and slowly.. ever so slowly, she's seeing in fractals with every movement of her leering wings. She doesn't even know what is her own, anymore.

Often she'll beg those prepping experiments to help her, to take away her pain. But no one listens.

...No one listens except the voices in her head...
Valkyrie
~ she/her | +0 Fr Time ~
~
Northern Frost Hatchery
733EAYl.png
@Fjordhop (um... it kind of spiraled, so i apologize for the great length and possibly disturbing content you are about to read!) [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/76350158][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/763502/76350158_350.png[/img][/url] myrkur has always had amnesia, and she can never remember anything from when she was a hatchling. all she knew is the irrefutable truth that she is alone in this cruel world that waits for none. the loneliness burns deep within her, and soon she begins to see hallucinations. are those a trick of the light? those claws that cling to her, never letting go – she is fraught with fear and hysteria, but she bottles it up with nobody to listen. the darkness festers and myrkur begins losing sight of what makes her [i]her[/i] – no, who is this "her"? there is no "her," and only a being that cannot be classified as anything, and yet is everything. all the being possesses and knows is pain, pain, and more pain – no, there's no more pain, only a freezing numbness that spreads through the being's body, locking the jaw, spine, claws, tail – who is this being? what does the being feel? the being that has transcended and yet has descended into the purgatorial depths of the mind, drowning in a besmirched bog of hateful and abhorrent thoughts that don't belong to the being, but are what defines the being – and finally, there is nothingness. the being is finally freed, and the world stills. it quiets down, honoring the loss of a dragon who has suffered from so much, and yet has lost the battle. the abandoned carcass suppurates, and Death mourns yet another that has been lost to the corruption of the merciless universe. night falls, and no one notices the jerky motions of the corpse as it arises once more under the puppeteering claws of Others. it slinks off into the darkness, leaving a biting chill and the odor of rotting flesh in its footsteps. sornieth best be on their guard tonight, for a heartless monster has been unleashed upon the land. well, now that [i]that's[/i] over with (hope you enjoyed!), how about my darling nightfeather? [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/40171602][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/401717/40171602_350.png[/img][/url]
@Fjordhop (um... it kind of spiraled, so i apologize for the great length and possibly disturbing content you are about to read!)

76350158_350.png

myrkur has always had amnesia, and she can never remember anything from when she was a hatchling. all she knew is the irrefutable truth that she is alone in this cruel world that waits for none. the loneliness burns deep within her, and soon she begins to see hallucinations. are those a trick of the light? those claws that cling to her, never letting go – she is fraught with fear and hysteria, but she bottles it up with nobody to listen. the darkness festers and myrkur begins losing sight of what makes her her – no, who is this "her"? there is no "her," and only a being that cannot be classified as anything, and yet is everything. all the being possesses and knows is pain, pain, and more pain – no, there's no more pain, only a freezing numbness that spreads through the being's body, locking the jaw, spine, claws, tail –

who is this being? what does the being feel? the being that has transcended and yet has descended into the purgatorial depths of the mind, drowning in a besmirched bog of hateful and abhorrent thoughts that don't belong to the being, but are what defines the being –

and finally, there is nothingness. the being is finally freed, and the world stills. it quiets down, honoring the loss of a dragon who has suffered from so much, and yet has lost the battle. the abandoned carcass suppurates, and Death mourns yet another that has been lost to the corruption of the merciless universe.

night falls, and no one notices the jerky motions of the corpse as it arises once more under the puppeteering claws of Others. it slinks off into the darkness, leaving a biting chill and the odor of rotting flesh in its footsteps. sornieth best be on their guard tonight, for a heartless monster has been unleashed upon the land.

well, now that that's over with (hope you enjoyed!), how about my darling nightfeather?

40171602_350.png
jtpaPX7.png
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/40171602][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/401717/40171602_350.png[/img][/url] @Jaecheondaeseong (Hope ya like it!) Nightfeather has always found himself looking up towards the skies. Who could blame him with the constant dancing of the lightning happening above him? They were just so powerful in their unpredictability, yey so blinding in their beauty. Even with he was just a hatchling he dreamed of being able to fly among the energetic chaos of the skies. Become one with it. But logic and the smart fear of electrocution kept him grounded into his adulthood. But now he's starting making rather bizarre claims. That the bolts are actually speaking to him. Writing messages in the skies so fast that everyone else misses them. Everyone except him out course. 'You read the stars?! BAH! Lightning screams her songs!' He'll be able to show them all soon enough. With enough time and mayhaps just a few modifications to his own hide....
40171602_350.png

@Jaecheondaeseong (Hope ya like it!)

Nightfeather has always found himself looking up towards the skies. Who could blame him with the constant dancing of the lightning happening above him? They were just so powerful in their unpredictability, yey so blinding in their beauty. Even with he was just a hatchling he dreamed of being able to fly among the energetic chaos of the skies. Become one with it. But logic and the smart fear of electrocution kept him grounded into his adulthood.

But now he's starting making rather bizarre claims. That the bolts are actually speaking to him. Writing messages in the skies so fast that everyone else misses them. Everyone except him out course. 'You read the stars?! BAH! Lightning screams her songs!' He'll be able to show them all soon enough. With enough time and mayhaps just a few modifications to his own hide....
Every dragon has a story, has a personality, has a life.
1 2 ... 785 786 787 788 789 ... 853 854