Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | SteamPunkMafia Discussion Thread(Done)
1 2 ... 76 77 78 79 80 ... 104 105
@MathGirl277 I have an idea, but I'd rather not say it right now. There's a few suspicious suspects though, which I'm sure someone else will fill you in on! I just don't want to mention it because if I do, the next person I watch will know it's coming.
@MathGirl277 I have an idea, but I'd rather not say it right now. There's a few suspicious suspects though, which I'm sure someone else will fill you in on! I just don't want to mention it because if I do, the next person I watch will know it's coming.
Click clack goes the armor on my back.
NPeGYYg.png bSeVcg2.png
b]Thoughts[/b]

Student and Creation- This sounds like some experiment of theirs went wrong. Possibly Frankenstein-esque? Didn't the creator die because of the monster? I could be wrong, I haven't read the book in ages. But it could have been an accidental death for "meddling in God's domain" or however it was phrased.
---

Wintrymix- Hallelujah, money does solve some problems! Thanks to the discovery their hired person (Bootler, was it?), we were able to correctly lynch a mafia member. I am highly leaning towards them being town becausr of this. Or, at the very least, a pro-town third party. Either way, keep them around.
---
Nerrax- Suspicious. Instantly over defensive when they were first mentioned. Iy was their reaction that really made us all take a harder look at them. Combined with Wintry's findings, I say mafia or pro mafia third party. I would hate to see them turn out to be a townie or town leaning third party that was trying to take out someone they suspected, but that isn't the most likely option here.
---

More to come when I get to work and settle in. I apologize for lack of posting, but I do hope when I post, it sort of makes up for it.
b]Thoughts[/b]

Student and Creation- This sounds like some experiment of theirs went wrong. Possibly Frankenstein-esque? Didn't the creator die because of the monster? I could be wrong, I haven't read the book in ages. But it could have been an accidental death for "meddling in God's domain" or however it was phrased.
---

Wintrymix- Hallelujah, money does solve some problems! Thanks to the discovery their hired person (Bootler, was it?), we were able to correctly lynch a mafia member. I am highly leaning towards them being town becausr of this. Or, at the very least, a pro-town third party. Either way, keep them around.
---
Nerrax- Suspicious. Instantly over defensive when they were first mentioned. Iy was their reaction that really made us all take a harder look at them. Combined with Wintry's findings, I say mafia or pro mafia third party. I would hate to see them turn out to be a townie or town leaning third party that was trying to take out someone they suspected, but that isn't the most likely option here.
---

More to come when I get to work and settle in. I apologize for lack of posting, but I do hope when I post, it sort of makes up for it.
"What do you mean I'm not allowed to keep the wild gryphon as a pet?!"
[quote name="Wintrymix" date=2016-01-26 22:38:34] @ MathGirl277 I have an idea, but I'd rather not say it right now. There's a few suspicious suspects though, which I'm sure someone else will fill you in on! I just don't want to mention it because if I do, the next person I watch will know it's coming. [/quote] Seconding this.
Wintrymix wrote on 2016-01-26:
@ MathGirl277 I have an idea, but I'd rather not say it right now. There's a few suspicious suspects though, which I'm sure someone else will fill you in on! I just don't want to mention it because if I do, the next person I watch will know it's coming.

Seconding this.
2v32at4.jpg
Except slightly different since I don't have an ability like Wintry's.
Except slightly different since I don't have an ability like Wintry's.
2v32at4.jpg
[quote name="Detroness" date=2016-01-25 21:16:20] [quote name="Ninjacatblue" date=2016-01-25 20:59:15] And to follow that great news, Our Royal has made an admittedly strange announcement today. They have decided to vacate the throne and join the Revolution? I know this may come as a shock for many of us, it certainly did for me, but the Royal seems to be happy with this change. But will this be it for our Monarchy, or shall another take the throne?[/quote] This sounds like someone was recruited. [s]also sorry if these notes are really short. It's 11PM here and I should be asleep![/s] [quote name="Ninjacatblue" date=2016-01-25 20:59:15]The atmosphere around town today was tense. Many were being paranoid, or following someone else around. Strange behavior, but perhaps things will be better tomorrow. The Pirate was seen today briefly near Uptown. Particularly near a certain townhouse. Let this be a reminder to us all to keep our doors and windows locked at all times, and to only trust those we truly know.[/quote] An attempt to steal an item? If the Pirate does indeed steal items... Also, does this mean someone watched someone last night and it turned out that whomever they watched was indeed the Pirate? I wonder which townhouse this is referencing to... [quote name="Ninjacatblue" date=2016-01-25 20:59:15]Urgent news from the University! [b]The rumors of a member of the institution has tread into God's domain and has lost control of their creation. [/b]You are all advised to reaming off the streets, and evacuating when the authorities tell you to. There have so far been only 2 reported deaths from this monstrosity. The first was the creator of this abomination, Darthdeadpool, the University Student. The second unfortunate death was of Haven, the School Boy.[/quote] Sounds like the undead cat is out of the bag, so to speak. Or maybe it's more appropriate to say that Frankenstein's monster is on the loose! Interesting that it only says 'member'... Does this imply that there are more than one of these members of the University among us? Hmmm... I honestly don't know if this 'monster' is an actual player, or an item, but the latter seems less likely. Thoughts on this 'monster'? Is it a SK? A bomb? Or something else? Sounds like a SK though... but with a particular twist that it could only kill after Darthdeadpool choose to 'tread into God's domain'. Speaking of which... is it just because of my lack of sleep or could it be possible that one of our third parties is some... I don't know? Angels, demons, gods, demigods? No? Just me? Okay. :3 Moving on... I wonder if Haven was targeted as a victim just because they were so inactive... That inactivity could be viewed as lurking scum and our 'monster' took no chances. I wonder exactly what the 'school boy' could do. Maybe it's just a Steampunk version of the Innocent Child? [quote name="Ninjacatblue" date=2016-01-25 20:59:15]And I'm afraid that is not the last on tonight's list of tragedies. Just before tonight's show began I was told that DreamAlex, the The Soldier has been killed. The body was found bled out in an alleyway. The incisions on the corpse were clean, and precise. Who ever did this knew what they were doing.[/quote] Hmmm.. Soldier sounds like a Steampunk version of the Vigilante. Not good. :/ 'clean and precise'? 'knew what they were doing'?... possibly a hint that whomever the culprit is didn't have to have their killing abilities activated like DarthDeadPool's monster. Maybe a mafia member? [quote name="Ninjacatblue" date=2016-01-25 20:59:15]And on that note I'll have to leave you for tonight. And as always, remember to avoid the dark alleyways, never ever venture out alone into the night, and ALWAYS pay close attention to the details.[/quote] ... eh. If we had the option of 'exploration' I'm pretty sure I'd be choosing the option of 'stay indoors' every single time. Anyway, I'm going to make it my priority to examine the previous EotD posts tomorrow! I swear! [s]feel free to shoot me a ping![/s] [/quote] Excuse the very long quote. I don't know if you saw the original post on Page 70, but here are some thoughts about the flavor of the EotD2 post. Feel free to toss some theories back and forth with me! @FunFilledWTFery
Detroness wrote on 2016-01-25:
Ninjacatblue wrote on 2016-01-25:
And to follow that great news, Our Royal has made an admittedly strange announcement today. They have decided to vacate the throne and join the Revolution? I know this may come as a shock for many of us, it certainly did for me, but the Royal seems to be happy with this change. But will this be it for our Monarchy, or shall another take the throne?

This sounds like someone was recruited. also sorry if these notes are really short. It's 11PM here and I should be asleep!
The atmosphere around town today was tense. Many were being paranoid, or following someone else around. Strange behavior, but perhaps things will be better tomorrow.

The Pirate was seen today briefly near Uptown. Particularly near a certain townhouse. Let this be a reminder to us all to keep our doors and windows locked at all times, and to only trust those we truly know.

An attempt to steal an item? If the Pirate does indeed steal items... Also, does this mean someone watched someone last night and it turned out that whomever they watched was indeed the Pirate? I wonder which townhouse this is referencing to...
Urgent news from the University! The rumors of a member of the institution has tread into God's domain and has lost control of their creation. You are all advised to reaming off the streets, and evacuating when the authorities tell you to. There have so far been only 2 reported deaths from this monstrosity. The first was the creator of this abomination, Darthdeadpool, the University Student. The second unfortunate death was of Haven, the School Boy.

Sounds like the undead cat is out of the bag, so to speak. Or maybe it's more appropriate to say that Frankenstein's monster is on the loose! Interesting that it only says 'member'... Does this imply that there are more than one of these members of the University among us?

Hmmm... I honestly don't know if this 'monster' is an actual player, or an item, but the latter seems less likely.

Thoughts on this 'monster'? Is it a SK? A bomb? Or something else? Sounds like a SK though... but with a particular twist that it could only kill after Darthdeadpool choose to 'tread into God's domain'.

Speaking of which... is it just because of my lack of sleep or could it be possible that one of our third parties is some... I don't know? Angels, demons, gods, demigods? No? Just me? Okay. :3

Moving on... I wonder if Haven was targeted as a victim just because they were so inactive... That inactivity could be viewed as lurking scum and our 'monster' took no chances.

I wonder exactly what the 'school boy' could do. Maybe it's just a Steampunk version of the Innocent Child?
And I'm afraid that is not the last on tonight's list of tragedies. Just before tonight's show began I was told that DreamAlex, the The Soldier has been killed. The body was found bled out in an alleyway. The incisions on the corpse were clean, and precise. Who ever did this knew what they were doing.

Hmmm.. Soldier sounds like a Steampunk version of the Vigilante. Not good. :/

'clean and precise'? 'knew what they were doing'?... possibly a hint that whomever the culprit is didn't have to have their killing abilities activated like DarthDeadPool's monster. Maybe a mafia member?
And on that note I'll have to leave you for tonight. And as always, remember to avoid the dark alleyways, never ever venture out alone into the night, and ALWAYS pay close attention to the details.

... eh. If we had the option of 'exploration' I'm pretty sure I'd be choosing the option of 'stay indoors' every single time.

Anyway, I'm going to make it my priority to examine the previous EotD posts tomorrow! I swear! feel free to shoot me a ping!

Excuse the very long quote. I don't know if you saw the original post on Page 70, but here are some thoughts about the flavor of the EotD2 post. Feel free to toss some theories back and forth with me!

@FunFilledWTFery
2v32at4.jpg
Ugh- I missed a lot. My head hurts badly. What happened? Nerrax is the suspect? Can someone fill me in on it?
Ugh- I missed a lot. My head hurts badly. What happened? Nerrax is the suspect? Can someone fill me in on it?
MVxSTuW.jpg
[quote name="@MathGirl277" date=2016-01-26 21:53:43] Yeah, detailed does not equal truth. Good maf have a fakeclaim prepped D1. @ Detroness @ WintryMix So after Nerrax, do you all have any opinions on who is sketchy? I'd run my program and check for inactives, but I'm on my phone most of the time when I have time for mafia. I'll check in the morning. [/quote] Here's my list - although I know that some of these people do have legitimate excuses: [b]kirkfan2255[/b] - Finished up a Hydra Mafia with them; they were partnered with Chao, and both 'heads' had IRL duties that made it hard for them to post frequently there too [b]ShockZephyr[/b] - Was quite 'loud' in the beginning of the game, but now has gone quite... could be weather related/power related [b]Tsaiah[/b] - Again, weather related? Hasn't really posted much except to chime in with points that no one has thought of before [b]FloatingInSpace[/b] - Not really active, chimes in here and there but nothing of really any substance towards posts except when active scum hunting is occurring, even then they somewhat paraphrase what's already mentioned. Involved in another mafia in the Plague Forums. [b]DJFeather[/b] - disappeared off the face of earth mafia? Last time I did a post count, they had less than 5 posts throughout the entire game, mentioned finals? otherwise I'm confusing this with someone else [b]Pawlemagne[/b] - Again, just a lack of posts - giant ? floating above their head. Somewhat sheepish in lynch thread. [b]earendils[/b] - not really active, chimes in here and there but mainly paraphrases already mentioned points, could be weather/school related [b]Ravinmad[/b] - admitted preference to 'watching' rather than anything else. has to compete for computer at home. says that it's hard to keep track of "who is who" in such a large game, but will most likely participate as the game becomes smaller
@MathGirl277 wrote on 2016-01-26:
Yeah, detailed does not equal truth. Good maf have a fakeclaim prepped D1.

@ Detroness @ WintryMix

So after Nerrax, do you all have any opinions on who is sketchy? I'd run my program and check for inactives, but I'm on my phone most of the time when I have time for mafia. I'll check in the morning.

Here's my list - although I know that some of these people do have legitimate excuses:

kirkfan2255 - Finished up a Hydra Mafia with them; they were partnered with Chao, and both 'heads' had IRL duties that made it hard for them to post frequently there too

ShockZephyr - Was quite 'loud' in the beginning of the game, but now has gone quite... could be weather related/power related

Tsaiah - Again, weather related? Hasn't really posted much except to chime in with points that no one has thought of before

FloatingInSpace - Not really active, chimes in here and there but nothing of really any substance towards posts except when active scum hunting is occurring, even then they somewhat paraphrase what's already mentioned. Involved in another mafia in the Plague Forums.

DJFeather - disappeared off the face of earth mafia? Last time I did a post count, they had less than 5 posts throughout the entire game, mentioned finals? otherwise I'm confusing this with someone else

Pawlemagne - Again, just a lack of posts - giant ? floating above their head. Somewhat sheepish in lynch thread.

earendils - not really active, chimes in here and there but mainly paraphrases already mentioned points, could be weather/school related

Ravinmad - admitted preference to 'watching' rather than anything else. has to compete for computer at home. says that it's hard to keep track of "who is who" in such a large game, but will most likely participate as the game becomes smaller
2v32at4.jpg
[quote name="@Vistron" date=2016-01-27 09:57:59] Ugh- I missed a lot. My head hurts badly. What happened? Nerrax is the suspect? Can someone fill me in on it? [/quote] [quote name="Detroness" date=2016-01-26 19:19:08] @ MathGirl277 Nerrax is the main suspect because Wintry watched them the previous night kill DreamAlex - who was revealed to the Soldier - and since Wintry watched Naru, a former mafia member kill a town during the previous days and that was a successful lynch. Well, basically we're trusting Wintry because their actions have already netted us one mafia member. And the flavor suggested that it the killer knew what they were doing, which sounds like a SK. For the most part we don't really know why Nerrax targeted DreamAlex, but apparently it's 'logical' according to Nerrax - ask them for clarification, I'm justing quoting. [/quote] Hope aspirin helps - unless you're allergic. D: Took this quote from last page. We suspect that Nerrax to be the SK, which is a 'survivor' role but is a threat to the town. It's stated in the rules that the town cannot win until all threats to the town have been removed. Also, this big quote: [quote name="Detroness" date=2016-01-26 06:08:45][center][size=6]Estimation of Town to Mafia Numbers & Casualty List so Far:[/size] [sub]Please note that I'm NOT including third parties in these guesses since I don't know what that ratio of town to third party/mafia to third party ratios are because this is my first game w/ third parties! [size=5]# of Players at the Beginning of the Game/# of players who signed up: 25 EotD1 Results, # of Players ([b]just[/b] town and mafia - no third parties): 24 [b]SoullessRogue[/b] was lynched and was a [color=green]Town Scientist[/color] [i]note: this is probably a healing role now that I think about the difference between the [b]Town[/b] Scientist and the [b]Mad[/b] Scientist! [b]The MD could be a bastard version of the Doctor![/b][/i] Geoff was [b][u]murdered[/u][/b] and was [color=orange]rebel 2[/color]. [i]note: notice how NCB uses the [s]bolded and underlined[/s] word 'murdered'. Murder is defined - [i]simplistically[b]*[/b][/i] - as a [b]planned killing.[/b] Does this mean Geoff's killer [b]knew[/b] what Geoff's role was from the beginning of the game? EotD2 Results, # of Players ([b]just[/b] town and mafia - no third parties): 24 ThisOneIsBlue was lynched and was the [color=yellow]Unaligned.[/color] [i][s]that color still hurts my eyes[/s]...[/i] EotD3 Results, # of Players ([b]just[/b] town and mafia - no third parties): 20 Narumitsu was lynched and [color=red]Mafia Grunt 2[/color] [i]Like Tsaiah mentioned earlier, based on the '2' we can assume there's more than one Grunt running around. Also, don't forget! We have [b]multiple millers and multiple GodFathers in this game![/b][/i] Haven was [b]killed[/b] - again, NOT murdered like Geoff was - and was the [color=green]School Boy.[/color] Darthdeadpool was killed and was the [color=green]University Student[/color] DreamAlexwas killed and was [color=green]The Soldier[/color] ~*~ Overall estimation of ratio of Town to Mafia at the beginning of the game - if I'm using a ratio of 4:1 [s]excuse me while I cannot do math to save my life[/s] So... looks like the estimation is 19:6. Again, [b]not[/b] including the possibility of third parties!!! This ratio only works if we only had two factions: town vs mafia. However since we have third parties, millers, and Godfathers, the number of mafia will probably have dropped down from 6. Maybe 5 or 4 mafia from the start? If Narumitsu was the last Mafia Grunt, then we have one remaining Grunt left, and possibly One or Two Godfathers running around. Looking at available PR on Town side... [s]again these are totally estimates/guesses[/s] SoullessRogue - Town Scientist - Possible Town Doctor? Haven - School Boy - Possible Innocent Child? Darthdeadpool - University Student - No idea... DreamAlex - The Soldier - Sounds like a Vigilante...[/quote]
@Vistron wrote on 2016-01-27:
Detroness wrote on 2016-01-26:
@ MathGirl277

Nerrax is the main suspect because Wintry watched them the previous night kill DreamAlex - who was revealed to the Soldier - and since Wintry watched Naru, a former mafia member kill a town during the previous days and that was a successful lynch. Well, basically we're trusting Wintry because their actions have already netted us one mafia member. And the flavor suggested that it the killer knew what they were doing, which sounds like a SK.

For the most part we don't really know why Nerrax targeted DreamAlex, but apparently it's 'logical' according to Nerrax - ask them for clarification, I'm justing quoting.

Hope aspirin helps - unless you're allergic. D:

Took this quote from last page. We suspect that Nerrax to be the SK, which is a 'survivor' role but is a threat to the town. It's stated in the rules that the town cannot win until all threats to the town have been removed.

Also, this big quote:
Detroness wrote on 2016-01-26:
Estimation of Town to Mafia Numbers & Casualty List so Far:

Please note that I'm NOT including third parties in these guesses since I don't know what that ratio of town to third party/mafia to third party ratios are because this is my first game w/ third parties!

# of Players at the Beginning of the Game/# of players who signed up: 25

EotD1 Results, # of Players (just town and mafia - no third parties): 24

SoullessRogue was lynched and was a Town Scientist note: this is probably a healing role now that I think about the difference between the Town Scientist and the Mad Scientist! The MD could be a ******* version of the Doctor!

Geoff was murdered and was rebel 2. note: notice how NCB uses the bolded and underlined word 'murdered'. Murder is defined - simplistically* - as a planned killing. Does this mean Geoff's killer knew what Geoff's role was from the beginning of the game?

EotD2 Results, # of Players (just town and mafia - no third parties): 24

ThisOneIsBlue was lynched and was the Unaligned. that color still hurts my eyes...

EotD3 Results, # of Players (just town and mafia - no third parties): 20

Narumitsu was lynched and Mafia Grunt 2 Like Tsaiah mentioned earlier, based on the '2' we can assume there's more than one Grunt running around. Also, don't forget! We have multiple millers and multiple GodFathers in this game!

Haven was killed - again, NOT murdered like Geoff was - and was the School Boy.

Darthdeadpool was killed and was the University Student

DreamAlexwas killed and was The Soldier

~*~

Overall estimation of ratio of Town to Mafia at the beginning of the game - if I'm using a ratio of 4:1

excuse me while I cannot do math to save my life

So... looks like the estimation is 19:6. Again, not including the possibility of third parties!!! This ratio only works if we only had two factions: town vs mafia.

However since we have third parties, millers, and Godfathers, the number of mafia will probably have dropped down from 6. Maybe 5 or 4 mafia from the start?

If Narumitsu was the last Mafia Grunt, then we have one remaining Grunt left, and possibly One or Two Godfathers running around.

Looking at available PR on Town side... again these are totally estimates/guesses

SoullessRogue - Town Scientist - Possible Town Doctor?

Haven - School Boy - Possible Innocent Child?

Darthdeadpool - University Student - No idea...

DreamAlex - The Soldier - Sounds like a Vigilante...
2v32at4.jpg
going to get food, be back soon!
going to get food, be back soon!
2v32at4.jpg
Post count times! [code]Detroness 122 polygone 92 Wintrymix 81 kirkfan2255 50 ShockZephyr 50 Vistron 45 [s]ThisOneIsBlue 36[/s] Renaissaince 34 AureaImperatrix 32 FloatingInSpace 32 SmashedFish 28 Druddigon8 23 Ninjacatblue 21 [s]narumitsu 16[/s] Ravinmad 15 Nerrax 12 Pawlemagne 12 [s]DreamAlex 12[/s] Tsaiah 12 [s]SoullessRogue 11[/s] FunFilledWTFery 9 earendils 8 [s]DarthDeadpool 6[/s] Haven 4 Casiope 4 MathGirl277 4 [s]Geoff 3[/s] DJFeather 1[/code] ... wow, polygone isn't posting like 3 times as much as anyone else? Way to go Detroness, living up to your name and dethroning the resident spammer :P. @DJFeather @Casiope @Haven @earendils [s]@ FunFilledWTFery wait you just posted[/s] You've all posted less than 10 times. Explanations?
Post count times!
Code:
Detroness 122 polygone 92 Wintrymix 81 kirkfan2255 50 ShockZephyr 50 Vistron 45 [s]ThisOneIsBlue 36[/s] Renaissaince 34 AureaImperatrix 32 FloatingInSpace 32 SmashedFish 28 Druddigon8 23 Ninjacatblue 21 [s]narumitsu 16[/s] Ravinmad 15 Nerrax 12 Pawlemagne 12 [s]DreamAlex 12[/s] Tsaiah 12 [s]SoullessRogue 11[/s] FunFilledWTFery 9 earendils 8 [s]DarthDeadpool 6[/s] Haven 4 Casiope 4 MathGirl277 4 [s]Geoff 3[/s] DJFeather 1

... wow, polygone isn't posting like 3 times as much as anyone else? Way to go Detroness, living up to your name and dethroning the resident spammer :P.

@DJFeather @Casiope @Haven @earendils @ FunFilledWTFery wait you just posted

You've all posted less than 10 times. Explanations?
Ask me about cool things! I know lots about robots and other fun junk. :D
On the other hand, this means I'm stupidly busy, so ping me repeatedly if I'm not responding.
1 2 ... 76 77 78 79 80 ... 104 105