Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | SteamPunkMafia Discussion Thread(Done)
1 2 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 104 105
[quote name="Detroness" date=2016-01-23 17:08:06] [quote name="@ narumitsu" date=2016-01-23 16:50:58] ^ yeah, this is why i don't like the Vistron lynch either -- it just sounds like first-mafia-game panic at being accused. (*pats @ vistron* it ok) i definitely don't think they're maf; the details they gave on their role sound pretty solid, though it's kinda weird to me that their vote doesn't count unless it's the same as the mad scientist's. that sounds pretty vanilla town to me, though. it'd be kind of a useless ability for a maf member to have. but that being said, vistron, are you sure that the mad scientist is town-aligned...? "mad" usually isn't a very town-sounding descriptor haha moving along: i'm going to vote against @ thisoneisblue [b][u]simply because they appear to be the biggest liability at this point, even if i don't feel like they're acting particularly scummy. sorry blue[/u][/b] ): OH. also. @ detroness and @ smashedfish, i should probably clarify what i meant about wanting to "experiment," shouldn't i!! all i meant by asking for an item like a broken watch, etc., is that i randomly found a gear (like the common steampunk symbol, y'know) in my quicktopic yesterday and have no idea what to do with it. i thought maybe if i had something to combine it with, the GM might leave us something nice B) ... and if it's uhh, something [i]not[/i]-so-nice, i'll be sure to report it to the rest of town posthaste [/quote] Bolded words. [b]Are you agreeing with polygone's and shock zephyr's reasoning then? If so, how sheepish. [/b] "a common steampunk symbol"? Odd wording, also odd wording that you "randomly found a gear" too... Have the GM given you any information regarding the gear? [/quote] [quote name="narumitsu" date=2016-01-23 17:11:16] @ detroness err, "the common steampunk symbol" was just added to clarify that i meant gear as in machinery, not gear as in mountain climbing gear. and no, i don't have any information other than that i have one, and it's classified as "mashable," which makes me want to try to combine in with something in my qt. [b]and yep, i am indeed agreeing with shock and poly![/b] [/quote] Location: Pages 47, 48, & 49 Note the underlined and bolded text: again this "apologizing" for a lynch is a common tactic used by scum to appear as [b]apologetic town[/b] in the case of a mislynch - which generally the scum will always know beforehand because they're scum and they know who their teammates are. It's also interesting to see how Naru simply says that Blue appears to be the biggest liability at this point, BUT doesn't find them particularly scummy. It's a bit of a conundrum how that's worded, isn't it? You could say I'm old fashioned - or some other silly thing - but I prefer not to count my chickens before they hatch. All we knew before the lynch of Blue was that they were an unaligned third party who had a one shot passive ability to kill one attacker during the night. Blue did hint that they could be recruited if they survived long enough to achieve their personal wincon, but at that point in time we didn't - and still don't - know how this "recruitment" mechanism - haha, puns. - works. @Wintrymix @Renaissaince @DreamAlex
Detroness wrote on 2016-01-23:
@ narumitsu wrote on 2016-01-23:

^ yeah, this is why i don't like the Vistron lynch either -- it just sounds like first-mafia-game panic at being accused. (*pats @ vistron* it ok)
i definitely don't think they're maf; the details they gave on their role sound pretty solid, though it's kinda weird to me that their vote doesn't count unless it's the same as the mad scientist's. that sounds pretty vanilla town to me, though. it'd be kind of a useless ability for a maf member to have.

but that being said, vistron, are you sure that the mad scientist is town-aligned...? "mad" usually isn't a very town-sounding descriptor haha

moving along: i'm going to vote against @ thisoneisblue simply because they appear to be the biggest liability at this point, even if i don't feel like they're acting particularly scummy. sorry blue ):

OH. also. @ detroness and @ smashedfish, i should probably clarify what i meant about wanting to "experiment," shouldn't i!!
all i meant by asking for an item like a broken watch, etc., is that i randomly found a gear (like the common steampunk symbol, y'know) in my quicktopic yesterday and have no idea what to do with it. i thought maybe if i had something to combine it with, the GM might leave us something nice B)

... and if it's uhh, something not-so-nice, i'll be sure to report it to the rest of town posthaste

Bolded words.

Are you agreeing with polygone's and shock zephyr's reasoning then? If so, how sheepish.

"a common steampunk symbol"? Odd wording, also odd wording that you "randomly found a gear" too... Have the GM given you any information regarding the gear?
narumitsu wrote on 2016-01-23:
@ detroness err, "the common steampunk symbol" was just added to clarify that i meant gear as in machinery, not gear as in mountain climbing gear. and no, i don't have any information other than that i have one, and it's classified as "mashable," which makes me want to try to combine in with something in my qt.

and yep, i am indeed agreeing with shock and poly!

Note the underlined and bolded text: again this "apologizing" for a lynch is a common tactic used by scum to appear as apologetic town in the case of a mislynch - which generally the scum will always know beforehand because they're scum and they know who their teammates are.

It's also interesting to see how Naru simply says that Blue appears to be the biggest liability at this point, BUT doesn't find them particularly scummy.

It's a bit of a conundrum how that's worded, isn't it?

You could say I'm old fashioned - or some other silly thing - but I prefer not to count my chickens before they hatch.

All we knew before the lynch of Blue was that they were an unaligned third party who had a one shot passive ability to kill one attacker during the night. Blue did hint that they could be recruited if they survived long enough to achieve their personal wincon, but at that point in time we didn't - and still don't - know how this "recruitment" mechanism - haha, puns. - works.

@Wintrymix @Renaissaince @DreamAlex
2v32at4.jpg
[quote name="narumitsu" date=2016-01-22 18:34:02] ^ shock playing srs mafia.....??? tsaiah what have you done (JUST TEASING) newspaper classified ad here: does anyone have an item like ... a broken clock or watch. i want to experiment [/quote] ...page 34. After the EoD1. ... I'm sorry i just feel so proud for actually doing something. helpfuuuul ;w;
narumitsu wrote on 2016-01-22:
^ shock playing srs mafia.....??? tsaiah what have you done (JUST TEASING)

newspaper classified ad here:
does anyone have an item like ... a broken clock or watch. i want to experiment

...page 34. After the EoD1.

I'm sorry i just feel so proud for actually doing something.

helpfuuuul ;w;
98e84dd092d654a6a6195dcee5a9d14a69600c52.png ePOliyb.png
Vs2WmBF.png
1j2YGao.png
t7CcZoC.png
mlSrRbK.png
@Detroness I'm almost certain they're scum with the evidence being brought forward and the suspicion. I wouldn't be so sure if I were the only one that had watched them, but with @Renisssance 's evidence of the N1 kill as well, it raises a lot of scum signals for me.

Especially since @Narumitsu still hasn't come forward to explain themselves. I'd advise this be our next lynch if they're showing up on everyone's scum-radar -- If they're town, you can go ahead and lynch me the next night.
@Detroness I'm almost certain they're scum with the evidence being brought forward and the suspicion. I wouldn't be so sure if I were the only one that had watched them, but with @Renisssance 's evidence of the N1 kill as well, it raises a lot of scum signals for me.

Especially since @Narumitsu still hasn't come forward to explain themselves. I'd advise this be our next lynch if they're showing up on everyone's scum-radar -- If they're town, you can go ahead and lynch me the next night.
Click clack goes the armor on my back.
NPeGYYg.png bSeVcg2.png
[quote name="@Renaissaince" date=2016-01-24 13:18:22] [quote name="narumitsu" date=2016-01-22 18:34:02] ^ shock playing srs mafia.....??? tsaiah what have you done (JUST TEASING) newspaper classified ad here: does anyone have an item like ... a broken clock or watch. i want to experiment [/quote] ...page 34. After the EoD1. ... I'm sorry i just feel so proud for actually doing something. helpfuuuul ;w; [/quote] Ah, yes. I remember that. To be honest, I'm half convinced that Narumtisu could be a bomb, but maybe not since that role is generally given to town members. If you want to read more about a bomb, click [url=http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Bomb]here[/url].
@Renaissaince wrote on 2016-01-24:
narumitsu wrote on 2016-01-22:
^ shock playing srs mafia.....??? tsaiah what have you done (JUST TEASING)

newspaper classified ad here:
does anyone have an item like ... a broken clock or watch. i want to experiment

...page 34. After the EoD1.

I'm sorry i just feel so proud for actually doing something.

helpfuuuul ;w;

Ah, yes. I remember that. To be honest, I'm half convinced that Narumtisu could be a bomb, but maybe not since that role is generally given to town members.

If you want to read more about a bomb, click here.
2v32at4.jpg
[quote name="@Renaissaince" date=2016-01-24 13:13:58] @ Detroness @ DreamAlex @ Wintrymix @ Narumitsu Ah, alright. To be honest, though, I'm a bit concerned with their asking for items... -I scream and look for the quote- .... is there a chance that a Mafia Member has use of those items? or do you think it was a sort of disguise? More importantly... IF it was after day two that she asked for the items (I ham forgetful, sorry </3) Then a Mafia Member might be able to check up on roles / abilities of other players. Ah, a consig. >_> [/quote] From my understanding, everyone can use an item - regardless of alliance but maybe there's a hidden mechanic where only certain items are more effective in another player's hands compared to another. For example: We've been hearing about the Mad Scientists messing with the Heavens - apparently, going to do my own analysis of the EotD2 soon - so... Let's say that Player A has Chemical X, but they can't use it because their role isn't a "Mad Scientist". Let's also so that Player A's vial of Chemical X is stolen and is then given - or found - to the Mad Scientist and boom! With Chemical X in their hands something - hopefully good, maybe? - happens. It's always possible that a Mafia Member possesses an investigative role but there are vibrations of that investigation role, but it'd be a little OP in my opinion - it's possible though - because the mafia already know who their team mates are. Investigation roles are generally given to Town members to ferret out who's your friend and who's your foe. Sometimes this isn't always straightforward depending on the variations of the investigative role. I'm not sure about all the variations, but click [url=http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Cop]here[/url] to find out more about cops in mafias.
@Renaissaince wrote on 2016-01-24:
@ Detroness @ DreamAlex @ Wintrymix @ Narumitsu

Ah, alright.

To be honest, though, I'm a bit concerned with their asking for items...

-I scream and look for the quote-

.... is there a chance that a Mafia Member has use of those items? or do you think it was a sort of disguise?

More importantly... IF it was after day two that she asked for the items (I ham forgetful, sorry </3) Then a Mafia Member might be able to check up on roles / abilities of other players.

Ah, a consig. >_>

From my understanding, everyone can use an item - regardless of alliance but maybe there's a hidden mechanic where only certain items are more effective in another player's hands compared to another.

For example: We've been hearing about the Mad Scientists messing with the Heavens - apparently, going to do my own analysis of the EotD2 soon - so... Let's say that Player A has Chemical X, but they can't use it because their role isn't a "Mad Scientist".

Let's also so that Player A's vial of Chemical X is stolen and is then given - or found - to the Mad Scientist and boom! With Chemical X in their hands something - hopefully good, maybe? - happens.

It's always possible that a Mafia Member possesses an investigative role but there are vibrations of that investigation role, but it'd be a little OP in my opinion - it's possible though - because the mafia already know who their team mates are. Investigation roles are generally given to Town members to ferret out who's your friend and who's your foe. Sometimes this isn't always straightforward depending on the variations of the investigative role.

I'm not sure about all the variations, but click here to find out more about cops in mafias.

2v32at4.jpg
@Detroness

oooh, okay. Thank you.

@Detroness

oooh, okay. Thank you.

Vs2WmBF.png
1j2YGao.png
t7CcZoC.png
mlSrRbK.png
@Renaissaince

Sorry if that's really confusing. ^^;

Do you need me to clarify anything? Please note that the scenario with the Mad Scientist, Player A, and Chemical X are purely made up by me and are most likely NOT an actual thing in the game - though I will be peeved if it turns out to be something that actually happens.
@Renaissaince

Sorry if that's really confusing. ^^;

Do you need me to clarify anything? Please note that the scenario with the Mad Scientist, Player A, and Chemical X are purely made up by me and are most likely NOT an actual thing in the game - though I will be peeved if it turns out to be something that actually happens.
2v32at4.jpg
@Detroness

It's okay, I think I'll get the hang of it eventually ;w;

I think I've got the basics of it now.
But on the bomb topic... would it be possible for, say, Player A to 'control' Player B into targeting somebody?
I think there's a role like that, but I unfortunately forgot. -searches-
@Detroness

But on the bomb topic... would it be possible for, say, Player A to 'control' Player B into targeting somebody?
Vs2WmBF.png
1j2YGao.png
t7CcZoC.png
mlSrRbK.png
[quote name="Renaissaince" date=2016-01-24 13:46:53] @ Detroness It's okay, I think I'll get the hang of it eventually ;w; I think I've got the basics of it now. But on the bomb topic... would it be possible for, say, Player A to 'control' Player B into targeting somebody? I think there's a role like that, but I unfortunately forgot. -searches- [/quote] It's possible. Polygone mention/explains how the "Captain" role works, but I'm not sure on all the mechanics towards it. [url=http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Captain]Captain Role[/url]
Renaissaince wrote on 2016-01-24:
@ Detroness

It's possible. Polygone mention/explains how the "Captain" role works, but I'm not sure on all the mechanics towards it.

Captain Role
2v32at4.jpg
Update-

So I was basically looking for a Redirecing role that could have switched things around, maybe have targeted Narumitsu and either caught the mafia red-handed or something. -shrug-

If it's a risk you would want to take, then you could have the Mafia controlled, thereby buying time.
Update-

So I was basically looking for a Redirecing role that could have switched things around, maybe have targeted Narumitsu and either caught the mafia red-handed or something. -shrug-

If it's a risk you would want to take, then you could have the Mafia controlled, thereby buying time.
Vs2WmBF.png
1j2YGao.png
t7CcZoC.png
mlSrRbK.png
1 2 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 104 105