Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Paranoia Mafia - Discussion
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 79 80
Man, scumhunting already? @SmashedFish You're quite eager to for a lynching, aren't you. I do see where you're going to random accusing, but the manner that you do it in is grating on my scum senses.

Naru dodging the main purpose of the whole prodding does seem weird, but being chosen for D1 lynch, by RNG, does scramble someone's brain haha.
Man, scumhunting already? @SmashedFish You're quite eager to for a lynching, aren't you. I do see where you're going to random accusing, but the manner that you do it in is grating on my scum senses.

Naru dodging the main purpose of the whole prodding does seem weird, but being chosen for D1 lynch, by RNG, does scramble someone's brain haha.
87337a516c6788c06296d62b6c3208eecc0d4d90.png
@druddigon8 (hi drudd!)
hey though, i'm not dodging anything, i literally just don't have anything else to say for myself other than that i'm town -- would you want to reveal your role publicly within the first few hours of the game? that's just carelessly setting oneself up as a mafia target, IMO.

@kanariah hello to you too! just letting you know that @polygone has randomly selected you as a D1 target as well, they voted for you in the lynch thread... you might want to get in here and challenge that accusation as well!
@druddigon8 (hi drudd!)
hey though, i'm not dodging anything, i literally just don't have anything else to say for myself other than that i'm town -- would you want to reveal your role publicly within the first few hours of the game? that's just carelessly setting oneself up as a mafia target, IMO.

@kanariah hello to you too! just letting you know that @polygone has randomly selected you as a D1 target as well, they voted for you in the lynch thread... you might want to get in here and challenge that accusation as well!
late 20s | +3 FR time | glitter boulder

aC86tUH.png
Alright thanks eue...i havent been very active on this thread woops ;-; @Narumitsu
Alright thanks eue...i havent been very active on this thread woops ;-; @Narumitsu
Also @Chaoticreactions: [img]http://i.imgur.com/p88X2Ze.png?1.png[/img] c:
Also @Chaoticreactions:

p88X2Ze.png?1.png

c:
87337a516c6788c06296d62b6c3208eecc0d4d90.png
Typed this up, then accidentally closed notepad. fml

@narumitsu
Would you mind at least hinting towards your role (eg investigative, saving, killing)? I'm sure our doctor or doctor-equivalent, assuming we have one, will save you if you're willing to cooperate. I certainly don't want to lose you if you're legit.

@Druddigon8
Like I said, I don't trust d1 chatter, so I'm leaving this to fate. Since it was pretty clear by the time I posted that we wanted a d1 lynch, I figured I'd execute my plan ASAP, both so it coud be discussed ASAP and so the accused would have time to defend themself. Of course, if thread consensus logically leads to another target, I will go with that.

I'm heading to bed for the night, but I should have much of tomorrow to be active here. See you all then.
Typed this up, then accidentally closed notepad. fml

@narumitsu
Would you mind at least hinting towards your role (eg investigative, saving, killing)? I'm sure our doctor or doctor-equivalent, assuming we have one, will save you if you're willing to cooperate. I certainly don't want to lose you if you're legit.

@Druddigon8
Like I said, I don't trust d1 chatter, so I'm leaving this to fate. Since it was pretty clear by the time I posted that we wanted a d1 lynch, I figured I'd execute my plan ASAP, both so it coud be discussed ASAP and so the accused would have time to defend themself. Of course, if thread consensus logically leads to another target, I will go with that.

I'm heading to bed for the night, but I should have much of tomorrow to be active here. See you all then.
n0vnSpk.png 3bMwIy2.png
Hey guys! Matches here! This will be my third Mafia game. Looking forward to it. Now- time to catch up on everything and savepages in tabs.
Hey guys! Matches here! This will be my third Mafia game. Looking forward to it. Now- time to catch up on everything and savepages in tabs.
"What do you mean I'm not allowed to keep the wild gryphon as a pet?!"
@smashedfish err, can i say "none of the above?" i have a manipulative ability that i can use once per day (in the town's favor, obviously). i'm sure a situation will arise later in which it'll come in handy and i can give more details. goodnight btw!

@kanariah yeeahhh a common technique in these sorts of games is to randomly throw some names out for the lynch at the beginning, even if there's no basis for the accusations, just so that something will happen... but fortunately people can change their votes, so if you really are a townie, you just gotta keep doin' your townie thing and hopefully people will come to trust you.
@smashedfish err, can i say "none of the above?" i have a manipulative ability that i can use once per day (in the town's favor, obviously). i'm sure a situation will arise later in which it'll come in handy and i can give more details. goodnight btw!

@kanariah yeeahhh a common technique in these sorts of games is to randomly throw some names out for the lynch at the beginning, even if there's no basis for the accusations, just so that something will happen... but fortunately people can change their votes, so if you really are a townie, you just gotta keep doin' your townie thing and hopefully people will come to trust you.
late 20s | +3 FR time | glitter boulder

aC86tUH.png
[quote name="polygone" date=2015-10-25 17:06:49] [quote name="@kirkfan2255" date=2015-10-25 16:29:05] ALSO ALSO ALSO first day lynch? [/quote][color=green]It's a Chao game. Lynch everyone all the time. Not lynching is bad because then... something... will happen. Possibly some random person will just get to decide it, or it'll be chosen at random, or maybe everyone will just spontaneously combust Idk. But I do know Chao doesn't like not lynching, so there's bound to be something to keep us from not lynching and it's probably better for us not to be not lynching. So...yeah. Lynching someone=good. xD[/color] Also hi everyone, I'm moderately insane. So don't mind me if I suddenly change posting habits halfway through this. Actually atm I'm sick so that might happen in the next few days because I'll be sleeping a lot until that goes away. *shrugs out of the room* [/quote] @Kanariah I've highlighted their rationale in green. polysquid implied there would be negative repercussions to a D1 NL (day 1 no lynch) base on prior experience with Chao games. Likewise, if we failed to lynch this would give maf/millers a free night kill/conversion. As for the arbitrary nature of their vote, consider it a random multiple-choice answer. A % of being correct is better than nothing at all and all that jazz. :) With 45hrs to scum hunt we'll arrive on a better lynch candidate soon enough. I'd advise against role-claiming this early in the game! To paraphrase narumitsu it'd just make you a target. Am assuming you don't have much scum-hunting experience so I've [url=http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3417824]linked a guide[/url] which might help.
polygone wrote on 2015-10-25:
@kirkfan2255 wrote on 2015-10-25:
ALSO ALSO ALSO first day lynch?
It's a Chao game. Lynch everyone all the time. Not lynching is bad because then... something... will happen. Possibly some random person will just get to decide it, or it'll be chosen at random, or maybe everyone will just spontaneously combust Idk. But I do know Chao doesn't like not lynching, so there's bound to be something to keep us from not lynching and it's probably better for us not to be not lynching. So...yeah. Lynching someone=good. xD

Also hi everyone, I'm moderately insane. So don't mind me if I suddenly change posting habits halfway through this. Actually atm I'm sick so that might happen in the next few days because I'll be sleeping a lot until that goes away. *shrugs out of the room*
@Kanariah I've highlighted their rationale in green. polysquid implied there would be negative repercussions to a D1 NL (day 1 no lynch) base on prior experience with Chao games. Likewise, if we failed to lynch this would give maf/millers a free night kill/conversion.

As for the arbitrary nature of their vote, consider it a random multiple-choice answer. A % of being correct is better than nothing at all and all that jazz. :) With 45hrs to scum hunt we'll arrive on a better lynch candidate soon enough.

I'd advise against role-claiming this early in the game! To paraphrase narumitsu it'd just make you a target. Am assuming you don't have much scum-hunting experience so I've linked a guide which might help.
SUzpCE7.png
KL2IG9e.png
@corial
Thank you, that will help immensely.

Nice to meet you all. Name is Vixen, and this should be a lot of fun.
@corial
Thank you, that will help immensely.

Nice to meet you all. Name is Vixen, and this should be a lot of fun.
@SmashedFish
Assuming we do have a way to protect naru, wouldn't this out the doctor's identity if a stalker were to intervene? Moreover, isn't there a distinct possibility they're lying if they were maf?

I don't disagree with your intentions, but your scum-hunting strategy seems a little on-the-nose. Or maybe it's just me. ><
@SmashedFish
Assuming we do have a way to protect naru, wouldn't this out the doctor's identity if a stalker were to intervene? Moreover, isn't there a distinct possibility they're lying if they were maf?

I don't disagree with your intentions, but your scum-hunting strategy seems a little on-the-nose. Or maybe it's just me. ><
SUzpCE7.png
KL2IG9e.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 79 80