Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | What's behind the Green Glass Door?
1 2 3 4 5
This is a riddle game that I learned about in high school and was teaching @Panarow earlier. Once you learn it, it's really fun. Here's what it's about:

In front of you stands a green glass door. Some people know what's behind it (aka those who have played before) and some do not. The people who don't know are trying to figure out what all the things behind the green glass door have in common, and they do so by asking questions about what specific items are there or not. Those of us (just me at the start) who do know will give a cryptic response.
For instance:
A (doesn't know): Are there people behind the green glass door?
Me: There is community behind the green glass door, but no people.
If something doesn't make sense about how the game works, just ask.

Rules

-DO NOT post what you think the answer to the puzzle is in the forums - that would be a spoiler for everyone involved. If you think you know, there are two ways of indicating this:
  1. PM me with your answer and I will tell you if you are correct.
  2. Post 3 things that belong behind the green glass door, and if they all do, I'll assume you got it right.
-If you have played before, or have figured out the answer here, you may give cryptic clues to the other players. Be minimal though - don't give TOO too many clues that aren't a response to a guesser's question.
-No being rude or mean to those who haven't gotten it figured out. That makes it unfun.

Put one of these two pinglists in your post.

-If you are guessing, copy the cluegiver list:
@Leopardmask @shawolexotic @interndana @Kirrandria @SincerelySadako @seerofmind
-If you are giving clues, copy the guesser list and also ping the person you're replying to:
@Panarow
-If you want to be on the pinglist, ping me and I'll add you.

I'll start it off with the same two starting clues I gave Panarow (who will be playing):
-There is no fruit behind the green glass door, but there are apples.
-There is community behind the green glass door, but no people.

Good luck and have fun!
This is a riddle game that I learned about in high school and was teaching @Panarow earlier. Once you learn it, it's really fun. Here's what it's about:

In front of you stands a green glass door. Some people know what's behind it (aka those who have played before) and some do not. The people who don't know are trying to figure out what all the things behind the green glass door have in common, and they do so by asking questions about what specific items are there or not. Those of us (just me at the start) who do know will give a cryptic response.
For instance:
A (doesn't know): Are there people behind the green glass door?
Me: There is community behind the green glass door, but no people.
If something doesn't make sense about how the game works, just ask.

Rules

-DO NOT post what you think the answer to the puzzle is in the forums - that would be a spoiler for everyone involved. If you think you know, there are two ways of indicating this:
  1. PM me with your answer and I will tell you if you are correct.
  2. Post 3 things that belong behind the green glass door, and if they all do, I'll assume you got it right.
-If you have played before, or have figured out the answer here, you may give cryptic clues to the other players. Be minimal though - don't give TOO too many clues that aren't a response to a guesser's question.
-No being rude or mean to those who haven't gotten it figured out. That makes it unfun.

Put one of these two pinglists in your post.

-If you are guessing, copy the cluegiver list:
@Leopardmask @shawolexotic @interndana @Kirrandria @SincerelySadako @seerofmind
-If you are giving clues, copy the guesser list and also ping the person you're replying to:
@Panarow
-If you want to be on the pinglist, ping me and I'll add you.

I'll start it off with the same two starting clues I gave Panarow (who will be playing):
-There is no fruit behind the green glass door, but there are apples.
-There is community behind the green glass door, but no people.

Good luck and have fun!
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
@Leopardmask

are there animals behind the green glass door?
@Leopardmask

are there animals behind the green glass door?
@cryptvokeeper

There are no animals behind the green glass door, but there are mammals.
@cryptvokeeper

There are no animals behind the green glass door, but there are mammals.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
bump
bump
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
@Panarow
There is no building or house behind the green glass door, but there is a floor and a wall and a room.
@Panarow
There is no building or house behind the green glass door, but there is a floor and a wall and a room.
U0IIiWr.pngUsPy2z6.pnghzBTO7n.png
@Leopardmask Is it right to assume there are arrows behind the green glass door (but no bows)? And, possibly, are there eggs and roosters (but no hens)?
@Leopardmask Is it right to assume there are arrows behind the green glass door (but no bows)? And, possibly, are there eggs and roosters (but no hens)?
@interndana @Kirrandria It seems safe to say that you guys both know what you're talking about! Feel free to give other players clues!
Do you want to be on the cluegivers' pinglist so you know when other players guess?
@interndana @Kirrandria It seems safe to say that you guys both know what you're talking about! Feel free to give other players clues!
Do you want to be on the cluegivers' pinglist so you know when other players guess?
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
@Leopardmask Are there balloons behind the green glass door? (I've never played this before, but I think I can guess.)
@Leopardmask Are there balloons behind the green glass door? (I've never played this before, but I think I can guess.)
Na5WGHa.png
@Leopardmask could I be added to the guesser pinglist please?
@Leopardmask could I be added to the guesser pinglist please?
@tigressRising @shawolexotic @Panarow There are balloons, but no air. And yes, I'll add you to the pinglist, shawolexotic.
@tigressRising @shawolexotic @Panarow There are balloons, but no air. And yes, I'll add you to the pinglist, shawolexotic.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
1 2 3 4 5