Back

Find a Dragon

Search for the perfect dragon.
TOPIC | Done, thanks!
1 2 3
[b]After sinking way more time to it than I wanted to, I found a passable mate on the AH. Thank you everyone![/b] Okay, so I have this girl: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18209538] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/182096/18209538_350.png[/img] [/url] She's a travelling bard that's taken up residence in my lair, against her better judgment. She's got this lute, you see, to play (obviously), but also to help her communicate to those other breeds of dragons that just can't seem to read faesignals. She's adventurous, matter-of-fact, and a bit acerbic at times. She's not surprised by what the world has to throw at her, and she isn't afraid to let you know her mind - even when it doesn't seem very friendly. She's looking for a handsome male (or not so handsome male) to make pretty (and occasionally not so pretty - let's be honest, she's coral and tangerine) babies with. He should be alright with a life of danger (I've got a lair full of monster hunters on top of the tombs of the old ones, guys), travel, and first-hand knowledge of the stories she's recording. Oakrest is not a 'slow-paced' earth lair. The dragons here are in the business of protecting the ancestral tombs of Cairnstone from evils that wake the dead. What exactly am I looking for? I have NO IDEA. Show me whatever you think might make pretty babies. [b]Gender[/b]: Male [b]Breed[/b]: Plentiful, please (I'm stupidly fond of tundras, but I have uh, a lot of those right now). [b]No mirrors, please.[/b] [b]Colors[/b]: Primary - Something that heads down into the browns and greens would be ideal. I'd love their secondary to stay in the gold ranges. Otherwise, show me pretty things. I'm pretty loose on this. [b]Genes[/b]: Triple gened ONLY, prefer [b]similar rarity[/b] for fun mix-ups [b]Bred before[/b]: Eh. If he has been, give me a good reason he'd look to pair off permanently now. [b]Bonus points[/b]: Lore, backstory, personality, anything. Why would this dragon want to hang out with a no-nonsense bard? I'm revamping my lair into a lore lair, and I don't want any layabouts! [b]Budget[/b]: 20k-ish or equivalent gems. [b]Please post your asking price in your reply.[/b] Remember to ping me! :) [b]I will answer all offers unless you request otherwise.[/b]
After sinking way more time to it than I wanted to, I found a passable mate on the AH. Thank you everyone!

Okay, so I have this girl:

18209538_350.png

She's a travelling bard that's taken up residence in my lair, against her better judgment. She's got this lute, you see, to play (obviously), but also to help her communicate to those other breeds of dragons that just can't seem to read faesignals. She's adventurous, matter-of-fact, and a bit acerbic at times. She's not surprised by what the world has to throw at her, and she isn't afraid to let you know her mind - even when it doesn't seem very friendly.

She's looking for a handsome male (or not so handsome male) to make pretty (and occasionally not so pretty - let's be honest, she's coral and tangerine) babies with. He should be alright with a life of danger (I've got a lair full of monster hunters on top of the tombs of the old ones, guys), travel, and first-hand knowledge of the stories she's recording.

Oakrest is not a 'slow-paced' earth lair. The dragons here are in the business of protecting the ancestral tombs of Cairnstone from evils that wake the dead.

What exactly am I looking for? I have NO IDEA. Show me whatever you think might make pretty babies.

Breed: Plentiful, please (I'm stupidly fond of tundras, but I have uh, a lot of those right now). No mirrors, please.

Colors: Primary - Something that heads down into the browns and greens would be ideal. I'd love their secondary to stay in the gold ranges. Otherwise, show me pretty things. I'm pretty loose on this.

Genes: Triple gened ONLY, prefer similar rarity for fun mix-ups

Bred before: Eh. If he has been, give me a good reason he'd look to pair off permanently now.

Bonus points: Lore, backstory, personality, anything. Why would this dragon want to hang out with a no-nonsense bard? I'm revamping my lair into a lore lair, and I don't want any layabouts!

Budget: 20k-ish or equivalent gems. Please post your asking price in your reply.

Remember to ping me! :)

I will answer all offers unless you request otherwise.
@ixris I know you might not be looking for tundras so if he isn't what you're looking for consider this a friendly bump. But I picked this guy up to draw and both his parents have music themed names, he could be perfect for her! [columns] [img]http://41.media.tumblr.com/8eae0ec4e47065a8e6476ce211e670aa/tumblr_o1qvukijAJ1rnkeyoo1_250.png[/img] [nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=72811&tab=dragon&did=20371453]"Tango"[/url] Male Tundra Stonewash/orange/ivory Clown/facet/underbelly [/columns]
@ixris I know you might not be looking for tundras so if he isn't what you're looking for consider this a friendly bump. But I picked this guy up to draw and both his parents have music themed names, he could be perfect for her!
tumblr_o1qvukijAJ1rnkeyoo1_250.png "Tango"
Male Tundra
Stonewash/orange/ivory
Clown/facet/underbelly
rentowin.gif
@Bauble - I'm going to pass on him, because I have a LOT of pairs that pass through the white/black range right now, and I'd like some variety. Thank you, though!

Also: I really like how you rendered facet on his bust. That's a really neat stylistic choice. :)
@Bauble - I'm going to pass on him, because I have a LOT of pairs that pass through the white/black range right now, and I'd like some variety. Thank you, though!

Also: I really like how you rendered facet on his bust. That's a really neat stylistic choice. :)
@ixris I've got a level 25 tundra boy I'm looking to sell who I think would have an interesting range with her, and a warrior-in-training might encounter such a traveling bard, but since you've got a low budget, free bump for you!
@ixris I've got a level 25 tundra boy I'm looking to sell who I think would have an interesting range with her, and a warrior-in-training might encounter such a traveling bard, but since you've got a low budget, free bump for you!
14l2rr.png
@coyotoecolored - Yeah, thank you though! :) If I had the money for a 25, I'd totally ask to see him, though! Good luck selling!
@coyotoecolored - Yeah, thank you though! :) If I had the money for a 25, I'd totally ask to see him, though! Good luck selling!
@ixris This Ice/Gold/Soil fellow might be a good match for her: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20403851] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/204039/20403851_350.png[/img] [/url] He's on the AH for higher, but I'd go 20kt if you really like him. I also have his brother (same genes, Tangerine tert) who I'd sell for 10kt, he is a Spiral though. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20403849] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/204039/20403849_350.png[/img] [/url]
@ixris

This Ice/Gold/Soil fellow might be a good match for her:

20403851_350.png

He's on the AH for higher, but I'd go 20kt if you really like him.

I also have his brother (same genes, Tangerine tert) who I'd sell for 10kt, he is a Spiral though.

20403849_350.png
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
@ixris Thank you! :D
@ixris Thank you! :D
rentowin.gif
@Lara8 - Wow, he IS gorgeous! I'm going to pass, though. A lot of their babies turn magenta, which I am fundamentally in love with, but it doesn't really go with all the other colors they have going on. Thank you, though!

I think I'm going to edit the OP, because both of these offers made me realize I think I want something that heads into the greens. :)

Also: sorry if I double-pinged you! D:
@Lara8 - Wow, he IS gorgeous! I'm going to pass, though. A lot of their babies turn magenta, which I am fundamentally in love with, but it doesn't really go with all the other colors they have going on. Thank you, though!

I think I'm going to edit the OP, because both of these offers made me realize I think I want something that heads into the greens. :)

Also: sorry if I double-pinged you! D:
@ixris okay, I haven't quite written down my lore yet, so i'll try this out [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20585386] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/205854/20585386_350.png[/img] [/url] This guy's the grandson of an adventurous Pearlcatcher, whom often travels to the coliseum with his brothers in arms, FurioTigre and Shine. His mom's an adventurer sort as well, so he doesn't quite see her to often, always traveling to distant lands. Because of his colors, I kind of imagined him being some sort of punk Rocker alongside his similarly unnamed sister (she's next to him in my lair. ). So perhaps the two would communicate though songs together. His own songs sort of grating and rough compared to her elegant melodies, or both with very different styles.
@ixris
okay, I haven't quite written down my lore yet, so i'll try this out

20585386_350.png

This guy's the grandson of an adventurous Pearlcatcher, whom often travels to the coliseum with his brothers in arms, FurioTigre and Shine. His mom's an adventurer sort as well, so he doesn't quite see her to often, always traveling to distant lands.

Because of his colors, I kind of imagined him being some sort of punk Rocker alongside his similarly unnamed sister (she's next to him in my lair. ). So perhaps the two would communicate though songs together. His own songs sort of grating and rough compared to her elegant melodies, or both with very different styles.
@MidnightWatcher - I'm not feeling him too hard. The idea of a musician mate is nice, but idk how well they'd get along (I have a cadre of authority-flaunting rabble in my lair, and she avoids them, lol). Mating-wise, I like some of the babies they make, but not enough of them. Also, on a strictly aesthetic note: tiny hatchling version looks super my speed, but all grown up, he's not something that fits my tastes. Thank you, though, and good luck selling him!
@MidnightWatcher - I'm not feeling him too hard. The idea of a musician mate is nice, but idk how well they'd get along (I have a cadre of authority-flaunting rabble in my lair, and she avoids them, lol). Mating-wise, I like some of the babies they make, but not enough of them. Also, on a strictly aesthetic note: tiny hatchling version looks super my speed, but all grown up, he's not something that fits my tastes. Thank you, though, and good luck selling him!
1 2 3