Back

Dragon Trading

Arrange Crossroads exchanges with other players.
TOPIC | Give and Get Super Special Eyes
1 2 ... 137 138 139 140 141 ... 164 165
@Surreptitious [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/91459443][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/914595/91459443_350.png[/img][/url]
@Surreptitious

91459443_350.png
XeY5rF6.png
J7D1quC.png
5hF3FGk.png
BzjAkuF.png
FObX7rS.png
5kODyPT.gifgLbZUkF.pngBMbExDU.pngJzUZHeP.pngwN1CyRb.pngtqa10NX.pnguzVzjjZ.pngQ4idXs1.pngfwf0oTL.pngcedPG3i.png
FtPB84c.png
@seoli [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/91497324][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/914974/91497324_350.png[/img][/url]
@seoli

91497324_350.png
92513910.pngWelcome to the Malfoy Clan. Here, dragons are our family1392346.png
@Ditzy [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/91502646][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/915027/91502646_350.png[/img][/url]
@Ditzy
91502646_350.png
kYky9t9.png
7Zid8hE.png
fHKOi67.png
gzlHZ53.png
bYt72YT.png
jgeciGJ.png
HxL61bT.png
YMPbu9R.png
Arcane-Network.png 1kEiFKu.png
@flocksisworld @DrayMalfoy @Ditzy I'm seeing some people sending pastels and bright eyes on this thread, but they don't belong on this thread. They can go in the variant eyes trade thread, but this Super Special Eyes one has been for eyes that show up with a special star symbol when you hatch them, which is goat, multigaze, faceted, and primal only. As OP laid out in the first post: No eyes of a different shade only [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/91383765][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/913838/91383765_350.png[/img][/url]
@flocksisworld

@DrayMalfoy @Ditzy I'm seeing some people sending pastels and bright eyes on this thread, but they don't belong on this thread. They can go in the variant eyes trade thread, but this Super Special Eyes one has been for eyes that show up with a special star symbol when you hatch them, which is goat, multigaze, faceted, and primal only. As OP laid out in the first post: No eyes of a different shade only

91383765_350.png
96Hu3ST.png Please no travelling dergs.
@Psittacidae

actually according to HyvinCobra they are allowed in this thread. we've had this discussion before

"(According to the wiki the four original Super Special types ranged between 0.4% and 1.1% while the less rare but still special types ranged from 9% to 25% Bright and Pastel fall in the gap between the two groups at roughly 2%. I suppose since they are far closer to the Super special types it makes sense to continue allowing them.)"]

-page 120

(SKIP ME)
@Psittacidae

actually according to HyvinCobra they are allowed in this thread. we've had this discussion before

"(According to the wiki the four original Super Special types ranged between 0.4% and 1.1% while the less rare but still special types ranged from 9% to 25% Bright and Pastel fall in the gap between the two groups at roughly 2%. I suppose since they are far closer to the Super special types it makes sense to continue allowing them.)"]

-page 120

(SKIP ME)
@DrayMalfoy I can tag @HyvinCobra. It goes against what he says in the first post since it specifically says no eyes of a different shade. Since he is OP then if he decides to allow them, then fine, we might just need a Super Duper Extra special eyes thread. I disagree with the premise as well of adding 2 eyes of 2% chance to a thread originally for eyes of 0.4% - 1.1 % chance. Bright and pastel are going to account for 80% of trades in this thread if they're allowed, since the two of them are so much more likely than the other 4 combined. They aren't even marked as uncommon when you hatch them
@DrayMalfoy I can tag @HyvinCobra. It goes against what he says in the first post since it specifically says no eyes of a different shade. Since he is OP then if he decides to allow them, then fine, we might just need a Super Duper Extra special eyes thread. I disagree with the premise as well of adding 2 eyes of 2% chance to a thread originally for eyes of 0.4% - 1.1 % chance. Bright and pastel are going to account for 80% of trades in this thread if they're allowed, since the two of them are so much more likely than the other 4 combined. They aren't even marked as uncommon when you hatch them
@Psittacidae actually according to HyvinCobra they are allowed in this thread. we've had this discussion before "(According to the wiki the four original Super Special types ranged between 0.4% and 1.1% while the less rare but still special types ranged from 9% to 25% Bright and Pastel fall in the gap between the two groups at roughly 2%. I suppose since they are far closer to the Super special types it makes sense to continue allowing them.)"] -page 120 READ THE QUOTE FROM HYVIN PLEASE! I have literally been following the OP's rules. They said it's closer to special so it's allowed. So unless they change the rules, I will continue doing so. But here is a faceted for now [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/91554905][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/915550/91554905_350.png[/img][/url]
@Psittacidae

-page 120

READ THE QUOTE FROM HYVIN PLEASE! I have literally been following the OP's rules. They said it's closer to special so it's allowed. So unless they change the rules, I will continue doing so. But here is a faceted for now

91554905_350.png
@DrayMalfoy I've read it. OP is also contradicting himself in his first post, where he made 2 points:
- no eyes of a different shade
- the purpose of the thread was to avoid the variant eyes thread from someone giving something very rare and getting back normal-looking eyes. Bright and Pastel would both definitely fall into the bucket of "if i sent a primal / multiglaze / faceted, i would be disappoint to receive a pastel" which look the same as normal eyes.

As for his later post, 2% might look close to the 0.4 - 1.1 range, but 2 eyes of 2% chance make up 80% of the distribution. If they are to be allowed, it would be good if OP can update the original post, so everyone is on the same page about these rules. Currently the main post still lists only 4 allowed eye types

(Skip me)
@DrayMalfoy I've read it. OP is also contradicting himself in his first post, where he made 2 points:
- no eyes of a different shade
- the purpose of the thread was to avoid the variant eyes thread from someone giving something very rare and getting back normal-looking eyes. Bright and Pastel would both definitely fall into the bucket of "if i sent a primal / multiglaze / faceted, i would be disappoint to receive a pastel" which look the same as normal eyes.

As for his later post, 2% might look close to the 0.4 - 1.1 range, but 2 eyes of 2% chance make up 80% of the distribution. If they are to be allowed, it would be good if OP can update the original post, so everyone is on the same page about these rules. Currently the main post still lists only 4 allowed eye types

(Skip me)
@DrayMalfoy @Psittacidae Observing this discussion I realize no matter whether the decision I made a few months ago was the best decision I could make or not Psittacidae was right on one matter. I failed to update the first page so that is a mistake I will not be replicating. As far as the decision whether to allow Bright and Pastel eyes I did some data analysis as well as thinking what my reason for creating this thread in the first place was. At the time there was a clear division between the common alternate eye types which were just recolours and the special eyetypes which were graphically distinct, at least on hatchlings. (Take a look at an adult guardian for example and try to identify whether an eye is faceted, goat, rare or unusual) For this reason I sort of lumped them together, something which doesn't completely fit the current situation. Thinking what my motivation was to create this it was definitely spurred on by the rarity disparity. That brings us to the point of whether the difference between 1.1% and 2.2% is sufficient to exclude Bright and Pastel despite them still being rarer than the colouration named rare. It was on page 120 I first observed someone sending a bright eyed dragon and then after discussion decided to allow those types of eyes going forward. I calculated that taking 1000 dragons a total of 70 will be something other than Common, Uncommon, Unusual, or Rare, 22 Bright, and 21 Pastel. This indicates that between Pastel and Bright we should expect approximately 60% of the total dragons transferred to represent these sorts of rare recolours. In 20 pages including that one and this there have been a total of 193 transactions. Based on the comparative frequency of the various eye types I would expect the breakdown as follows: Bright: 60 Pastel: 58 Goat: 30 Facet: 20 Primal: 14 Multi-gaze: 11 The actual figures are as follows Bright: 10 Pastel: 3 Goat: 56 Facet: 47 Primal: 27 Multi-gaze: 41 Glowing: 3 Swirl: 6 Now even if we consider that the reason there are not more Bright and Pastel being shipped might be because according to the first page they are not allowed There is no mathmatical reason why Multi-gaze (the rarest naturally occurring type) should have 50% more than Primal which is 1.25 times more often and only 6 less than Facet which is 1.75 times more common, not to mention the fact that nearly 5% of all transactions involved a dragon whose eyes must be applied with an item and will never occur naturally. This leads me to believe there are factors other than how often they occur at play in terms of why people send dragons via this thread. [img]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/45/c3/83/45c383538e046fe833f67626a96257af.png[/img] TL/DR: After reflecting on why I created this thread and some data analysis I believe allowing Bright and Pastel eye types to be traded in this thread will not have a significant impact on this thread. I will update the first page to properly reflect this change.
@DrayMalfoy
@Psittacidae

Observing this discussion I realize no matter whether the decision I made a few months ago was the best decision I could make or not Psittacidae was right on one matter. I failed to update the first page so that is a mistake I will not be replicating.

As far as the decision whether to allow Bright and Pastel eyes I did some data analysis as well as thinking what my reason for creating this thread in the first place was.

At the time there was a clear division between the common alternate eye types which were just recolours and the special eyetypes which were graphically distinct, at least on hatchlings. (Take a look at an adult guardian for example and try to identify whether an eye is faceted, goat, rare or unusual) For this reason I sort of lumped them together, something which doesn't completely fit the current situation. Thinking what my motivation was to create this it was definitely spurred on by the rarity disparity.

That brings us to the point of whether the difference between 1.1% and 2.2% is sufficient to exclude Bright and Pastel despite them still being rarer than the colouration named rare.

It was on page 120 I first observed someone sending a bright eyed dragon and then after discussion decided to allow those types of eyes going forward.

I calculated that taking 1000 dragons a total of 70 will be something other than Common, Uncommon, Unusual, or Rare, 22 Bright, and 21 Pastel. This indicates that between Pastel and Bright we should expect approximately 60% of the total dragons transferred to represent these sorts of rare recolours.

In 20 pages including that one and this there have been a total of 193 transactions. Based on the comparative frequency of the various eye types I would expect the breakdown as follows:

Bright: 60
Pastel: 58
Goat: 30
Facet: 20
Primal: 14
Multi-gaze: 11

The actual figures are as follows
Bright: 10
Pastel: 3
Goat: 56
Facet: 47
Primal: 27
Multi-gaze: 41
Glowing: 3
Swirl: 6

Now even if we consider that the reason there are not more Bright and Pastel being shipped might be because according to the first page they are not allowed There is no mathmatical reason why Multi-gaze (the rarest naturally occurring type) should have 50% more than Primal which is 1.25 times more often and only 6 less than Facet which is 1.75 times more common, not to mention the fact that nearly 5% of all transactions involved a dragon whose eyes must be applied with an item and will never occur naturally. This leads me to believe there are factors other than how often they occur at play in terms of why people send dragons via this thread.

45c383538e046fe833f67626a96257af.png

TL/DR: After reflecting on why I created this thread and some data analysis I believe allowing Bright and Pastel eye types to be traded in this thread will not have a significant impact on this thread. I will update the first page to properly reflect this change.
tumblr_inline_o8m9igAfNF1r3h1o8_540.pngLYTldZb.pnggrasslands_puna_by_idlewildly-db2hd6x.pngKG1OI4E.pngmDfoQCY.png
Also @flocksisworld I notice you sent to Ditzy when @DrayMalfoy appears to have been the person before you. Please be careful to send to the most recent person to send. Also @DrayMalfoy as you are currently next I will send you this faceted Gaoler. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/90122451][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/901225/90122451_350.png[/img][/url]
Also @flocksisworld I notice you sent to Ditzy when @DrayMalfoy appears to have been the person before you. Please be careful to send to the most recent person to send.

Also @DrayMalfoy as you are currently next I will send you this faceted Gaoler.
90122451_350.png
tumblr_inline_o8m9igAfNF1r3h1o8_540.pngLYTldZb.pnggrasslands_puna_by_idlewildly-db2hd6x.pngKG1OI4E.pngmDfoQCY.png
1 2 ... 137 138 139 140 141 ... 164 165