Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | give lore to a dragon above you!
1 2 3 4 5
@TogeSiv [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/58428059][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/584281/58428059_350.png[/img][/url] Tian wasn't necessarily an outcast, she just enjoyed her peace. Alone. She liked watching the stars, and the moon at night, when every other dragon was asleep, she could find her peace there. She remembered everything, and everyone. The nice shop keeper she had seen a couple days ago, the dragonets that were playing in the snow, the couple that were star-gazing. She watched on the sidelines of life, cheering them on, hoping that one day that it would be her, spreading joy and life wherever she went. Her mother called her a dreamer, her father wasn’t there. [i]No one knew her, that was their faults[/i], her mother used to tell her. She knows now that her mother cared, and showed it by lying. She wanted her only surviving daughter to live. Tian enjoyed life, that wasn’t an argument… well an argument by and for herself. She cared about the dragons, and about their well-being, but who cared for her, truly cared?
@TogeSiv

58428059_350.png

Tian wasn't necessarily an outcast, she just enjoyed her peace. Alone. She liked watching the stars, and the moon at night, when every other dragon was asleep, she could find her peace there. She remembered everything, and everyone. The nice shop keeper she had seen a couple days ago, the dragonets that were playing in the snow, the couple that were star-gazing. She watched on the sidelines of life, cheering them on, hoping that one day that it would be her, spreading joy and life wherever she went. Her mother called her a dreamer, her father wasn’t there.

No one knew her, that was their faults, her mother used to tell her. She knows now that her mother cared, and showed it by lying. She wanted her only surviving daughter to live. Tian enjoyed life, that wasn’t an argument… well an argument by and for herself. She cared about the dragons, and about their well-being, but who cared for her, truly cared?

bcSqlhd.pngFObX7rS.png0DYiJ8Z.pngomKpPgG.pnghh5n4WA.pngFBZwPWz.png
@sobrietyforus [i]Concept: A kindly medic's "deep dark secret" is good old fashioned survivor's guilt and compassion fatigue.[/i] [i]Music inspiration: [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggDAVgO3k-I]X[/url][/i] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/82730240][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/827303/82730240_350.png[/img][/url] [center][i]Known for her kindness and trustworthiness, but what is she hiding behind that facade?[/i][/center] You can't save everyone. Oh, sure, tweezers and iodine and suture and gauze can save lives. Save a lot of lives, in fact. A blanket and some soup and a listening ear can do a lot for the miserable, bone-deep cold in someone's heart and soul. Plague magic can help one see where an infection threatens to take hold, to clean and debride it before it gets into the bone. And letting someone know you care, even a little, is usually enough to pull them back from the ledge. If you're smart, like Kit is, sometimes you can learn to be a turning point. But sometimes you can't. Sometimes you could have, and didn't. Was it weakness? Selfishness? The pure ruthless calculus of triage? Kit doesn't know, and isn't really interested in finding out. Maybe she's not ready to face whatever led her to turn away and leave someone she loved out in the cold. Maybe she'll never be. A warm mug of soup, a blanket, some heat around the core to slowly warm the limbs, and a gentle tut-tutting about cold safety. [i]Toes can't survive being frozen forever, you know.[/i] You can't save everyone. Kit has found that that fact becomes a lot easier to cope with if she never truly gets attached in the first place. Kind and trustworthy, always trying her hardest, never has a bad word to say about anyone. And if her compassion reads a bit hollow to her more sensitive charges, well, she's just having an off day. Her other charges will vouch for her. She wishes, just once, that someone would fill her soup cup, wrap her in a blanket, and tell her that it's going to be okay. That she couldn't have done better, even if she knows it's a lie. But that's not what the town needs. They need her compassion, her expertise, her magic and her dexterous claws and her smile. Life is hard enough out here, where the weather saps the strength from a dragon's very living bones. You can't save everyone. Reports of casualties from below roll in, and Kit turns away, washing her claws in her basin. The others assume it's to hide tears. She knows the hollow [i]nothing[/i] inside should scare her, but the names just clink and echo as they fall down the walls of the yawning canyon in her soul. Even the void doesn't hurt any more. [i]I can cancel that sweetroot order now,[/i] Kit thinks glibly, drying her claws after an appropriate amount of time has passed. [i]Time to go back to work.[/i] ----------------- [b]Next person:[/b] Most of my loreless dragons are [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/lair/109836/1503572/1?name=&type=undefined]in this tab[/url], but feel free to poke around if you want!
@sobrietyforus

Concept: A kindly medic's "deep dark secret" is good old fashioned survivor's guilt and compassion fatigue.
Music inspiration: X

82730240_350.png
Known for her kindness and trustworthiness, but what is she hiding behind that facade?

You can't save everyone.

Oh, sure, tweezers and iodine and suture and gauze can save lives. Save a lot of lives, in fact. A blanket and some soup and a listening ear can do a lot for the miserable, bone-deep cold in someone's heart and soul. Plague magic can help one see where an infection threatens to take hold, to clean and debride it before it gets into the bone. And letting someone know you care, even a little, is usually enough to pull them back from the ledge. If you're smart, like Kit is, sometimes you can learn to be a turning point.

But sometimes you can't.

Sometimes you could have, and didn't.

Was it weakness? Selfishness? The pure ruthless calculus of triage? Kit doesn't know, and isn't really interested in finding out. Maybe she's not ready to face whatever led her to turn away and leave someone she loved out in the cold. Maybe she'll never be.

A warm mug of soup, a blanket, some heat around the core to slowly warm the limbs, and a gentle tut-tutting about cold safety. Toes can't survive being frozen forever, you know.

You can't save everyone.

Kit has found that that fact becomes a lot easier to cope with if she never truly gets attached in the first place. Kind and trustworthy, always trying her hardest, never has a bad word to say about anyone. And if her compassion reads a bit hollow to her more sensitive charges, well, she's just having an off day. Her other charges will vouch for her.

She wishes, just once, that someone would fill her soup cup, wrap her in a blanket, and tell her that it's going to be okay. That she couldn't have done better, even if she knows it's a lie. But that's not what the town needs. They need her compassion, her expertise, her magic and her dexterous claws and her smile. Life is hard enough out here, where the weather saps the strength from a dragon's very living bones.

You can't save everyone.

Reports of casualties from below roll in, and Kit turns away, washing her claws in her basin. The others assume it's to hide tears. She knows the hollow nothing inside should scare her, but the names just clink and echo as they fall down the walls of the yawning canyon in her soul. Even the void doesn't hurt any more.

I can cancel that sweetroot order now, Kit thinks glibly, drying her claws after an appropriate amount of time has passed. Time to go back to work.

Next person: Most of my loreless dragons are in this tab, but feel free to poke around if you want!
hoMNYDJ.png
[center]@Axqu [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/59628335][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/596284/59628335_350.png[/img][/url] Through and through, Tristero was a painter. He had started with thick clay, smeared across the cave wall as his mother watched him with warmth in her eyes. Together, they drew the sky, the mountains, the storm clouds and the rivers. It was love at first stroke. He took this love into life. He molded it Into trained sketches that demanded the stroke of his brush. He sculpted it into murals that decorated lively cities, and portraits that hung in private, quiet homes to be gazed upon for generations. In every movement of the brush, he felt the love from his mother, the moments they had shared, and the home he had left to pursue his dreams. Many years later, his claws brush the dried crumbs still adhered to the stone. The Nest is empty, falling apart from age and from small animals picking it apart across the seasons, and yet he didn't hesitate to settle himself inside and imagine the warmth of his mother's scales against his own. It was not the same. And so he pulled himself up and set up his canvas made of cloth instead of rock and his paints made of pigment instead of earth.... And he painted his grief. [/center]
@Axqu

59628335_350.png

Through and through, Tristero was a painter. He had started with thick clay, smeared across the cave wall as his mother watched him with warmth in her eyes. Together, they drew the sky, the mountains, the storm clouds and the rivers. It was love at first stroke. He took this love into life. He molded it Into trained sketches that demanded the stroke of his brush. He sculpted it into murals that decorated lively cities, and portraits that hung in private, quiet homes to be gazed upon for generations. In every movement of the brush, he felt the love from his mother, the moments they had shared, and the home he had left to pursue his dreams.

Many years later, his claws brush the dried crumbs still adhered to the stone. The Nest is empty, falling apart from age and from small animals picking it apart across the seasons, and yet he didn't hesitate to settle himself inside and imagine the warmth of his mother's scales against his own.

It was not the same.

And so he pulled himself up and set up his canvas made of cloth instead of rock and his paints made of pigment instead of earth....

And he painted his grief.

claim! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/72463083][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/724631/72463083_350.png[/img][/url]
claim!

72463083_350.png
8URelp0.png
[center]@Pawnmgers I don't know but I think Melody looks a bit like a traveler to me personally. like someone that just loves to roam big areas and look for new adventures to come by. someone who doesn't like to sit still and wants to see the world in its full glory. she would collect little trinkets from the places she's been too and talk to the people in bigger cities about what she's experienced in the wild out there. ah... yes a very dreamy kind of character. next person: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/82431059][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/824311/82431059_350.png[/img][/url][/center]
@Pawnmgers
I don't know but I think Melody looks a bit like a traveler to me personally. like someone that just loves to roam big areas and look for new adventures to come by. someone who doesn't like to sit still and wants to see the world in its full glory. she would collect little trinkets from the places she's been too and talk to the people in bigger cities about what she's experienced in the wild out there. ah... yes a very dreamy kind of character.

next person:
82431059_350.png
24699391_bHpOJyVs5JvINoe.png > they/he
> german
> goth
> fandom dragons
dco58ux-e51b8195-ff35-42e4-a20d-f0262e15dd63.gif
> artist
> in love with shapes
> joined 2013
> feel free to msg
dco58ux-e51b8195-ff35-42e4-a20d-f0262e15dd63.gif
SKIP—

@ultron melody isn’t mine lady— shes there cuz she’s the one i planned on writing for!
SKIP—

@ultron melody isn’t mine lady— shes there cuz she’s the one i planned on writing for!
8URelp0.png

@Pawnmgers what's the best way to get this thread back on track? I could claim one of yours if you're still going to write for melody. And then work ultron in somehow..?

(If that sounds good I'll claim Ayin and write something for him tomorrow)

@Pawnmgers what's the best way to get this thread back on track? I could claim one of yours if you're still going to write for melody. And then work ultron in somehow..?

(If that sounds good I'll claim Ayin and write something for him tomorrow)
@Lindenshield
I'd like to join this thread to keep it going lol, I just can't seem to figure out who to start from.
@Lindenshield
I'd like to join this thread to keep it going lol, I just can't seem to figure out who to start from.
ad69aefafdfa6dd63e43f4fa78342d3e.png
@Abbycake I think if OP writes for the dragon they originally claimed, then I write for OP, then you write for me, next person writes for you and it’s back to normal.
Kinda skipping Ultron but that makes sense since the dragon they tried to write for was already claimed?
@Abbycake I think if OP writes for the dragon they originally claimed, then I write for OP, then you write for me, next person writes for you and it’s back to normal.
Kinda skipping Ultron but that makes sense since the dragon they tried to write for was already claimed?
@Abbycake
Id like to keep it going as well so when you do write please ping me so I can write for you :DD
@Abbycake
Id like to keep it going as well so when you do write please ping me so I can write for you :DD
2824D731-09EC-462A-9680-B0D13C2BAB2C.png
1 2 3 4 5