Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Lafayette compliments your dragons! [ON]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57102326] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/571024/57102326_350.png[/img] [/url] [font=Lora][b][i]" A new player has entered the game... "[/i][/b] The inn is quiet. It's a dark, warmly lit place, filled with the soothing smells of cut herbs and fresh bread- a welcoming atmosphere after the chaos and rush of the day. There's a healthy mix of regulars and tourists crowded in among the tables, shouting and laughing, though sound tends to stay close rather than travel very far. Smaller dragons dart between the clusters of customers, serving heaping platters of fish, centipedes, beetles, and ox. Scented bags of pinecones and fruit hang from the ceiling- shimmering clouds of lavender mist puff from time to time from the emitters in the corners. Seated in the back of the room ("seated" is the wrong word- the dragon [i]lounges[/i], all of its coils and silks arranged haphazardly about, yet giving the appearance of a flawless, confident ease) is a creature with eyes as green as the sea and wings as dark and glittering as the sky. It has three empty mugs on the table before it and an open journal, water-damaged and curling at the edges, on one of its sprawling limbs. Propped up on the edge of the table is an old placard, labeled [i]"Poems for Hire"[/i], faded and rubbed almost beyond comprehension. It gazes about with curiosity. Or perhaps it is boredom. It may be in need of a friend, or something more, if the situation were to present itself. Perhaps it merely wishes to talk. Judging by the ink-stained claws and well-used quill tucked behind its ear, it is a sappy, poetic thing at heart, but one lacking in muse and motivation.[/font] It blinks once, twice, and settles in to see how the night progresses. ----- [font=Lora][i]I suppose the title of this thread should be [b][u]"Lafayette Compliments/Flirts with/Reviews/Insults/Chats with Your Dragons"[/u][/b], haha. As I'm open to any of the above! Feel free to use this for exploring lore for your own dragons, throw a dragon image in to see what happens, or just to roleplay a bit! I'm working on developing his lore as well. You can specify somewhere in your post what you want him to do, or just let him (me) react naturally to whatever you write! [color=red][b]Please ping me if you reply! Thank you! ^^[/b][/color][/i][/font]

57102326_350.png

" A new player has entered the game... "

The inn is quiet. It's a dark, warmly lit place, filled with the soothing smells of cut herbs and fresh bread- a welcoming atmosphere after the chaos and rush of the day. There's a healthy mix of regulars and tourists crowded in among the tables, shouting and laughing, though sound tends to stay close rather than travel very far. Smaller dragons dart between the clusters of customers, serving heaping platters of fish, centipedes, beetles, and ox. Scented bags of pinecones and fruit hang from the ceiling- shimmering clouds of lavender mist puff from time to time from the emitters in the corners.

Seated in the back of the room ("seated" is the wrong word- the dragon lounges, all of its coils and silks arranged haphazardly about, yet giving the appearance of a flawless, confident ease) is a creature with eyes as green as the sea and wings as dark and glittering as the sky. It has three empty mugs on the table before it and an open journal, water-damaged and curling at the edges, on one of its sprawling limbs. Propped up on the edge of the table is an old placard, labeled "Poems for Hire", faded and rubbed almost beyond comprehension.

It gazes about with curiosity. Or perhaps it is boredom. It may be in need of a friend, or something more, if the situation were to present itself. Perhaps it merely wishes to talk. Judging by the ink-stained claws and well-used quill tucked behind its ear, it is a sappy, poetic thing at heart, but one lacking in muse and motivation.

It blinks once, twice, and settles in to see how the night progresses.

I suppose the title of this thread should be "Lafayette Compliments/Flirts with/Reviews/Insults/Chats with Your Dragons", haha. As I'm open to any of the above! Feel free to use this for exploring lore for your own dragons, throw a dragon image in to see what happens, or just to roleplay a bit! I'm working on developing his lore as well.

You can specify somewhere in your post what you want him to do, or just let him (me) react naturally to whatever you write!

Please ping me if you reply! Thank you! ^^
6BiBS.gif
@SkyTreader197 Since I had a... [i]not so nice[/i] day so far I could really use some compliments on some of my favourite dragons... I´ll just post them here, if you don´t wanna say something about all of them, that´s totally okay [s]I´m too tired to roleplay btw, otherwise I would[/s] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55353466] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/553535/55353466_350.png[/img] [/url] Valley [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53727715] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/537278/53727715_350.png[/img] [/url] Glimmer [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58305917] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/583060/58305917_350.png[/img] [/url] Gloom [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55597416] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/555975/55597416_350.png[/img] [/url] Crescent (Edit: forgot to ping oops)
@SkyTreader197

Since I had a... not so nice day so far I could really use some compliments on some of my favourite dragons...
I´ll just post them here, if you don´t wanna say something about all of them, that´s totally okay I´m too tired to roleplay btw, otherwise I would

55353466_350.png

Valley

53727715_350.png

Glimmer

58305917_350.png

Gloom

55597416_350.png

Crescent

(Edit: forgot to ping oops)
take a look at my skin shop pretty please? u.u
@SkyTreader197

Across the room, a serious of loud, obnoxious chatter mixed with laughter cuts through the stillness of the place. A few tourists glance around as if starteled, the locals don’t look up- they don’t want to deal with that group again. What pests...

A large pack of mirrors are sitting at one of the largest tables in the room. There must be at least a dozen or more. Most are wolfing down the food the smaller dragons bring to the table, a few even grinning toothy grins at the servers to remind them that THEY will be the next meal if they aren’t fast enough. Some mirrors are oblivious to where they are, others... glance around as if they aren’t quite sure they want to run with a pack like this. Some glance around for other potential targets.

One of the mirrors catches the eye of the poet, who is watching from the corner of the room.

(I hope I did this right! HERE is the pack of mirrors, their leader is this gal. Whoever catches your poet’s eye out of the pack perhaps? I have quite a few pack mirrors that either need lore or have some unfinished lore- I love the idea of involving other lairs/lores with pack members to expand on shared lore!)
@SkyTreader197

Across the room, a serious of loud, obnoxious chatter mixed with laughter cuts through the stillness of the place. A few tourists glance around as if starteled, the locals don’t look up- they don’t want to deal with that group again. What pests...

A large pack of mirrors are sitting at one of the largest tables in the room. There must be at least a dozen or more. Most are wolfing down the food the smaller dragons bring to the table, a few even grinning toothy grins at the servers to remind them that THEY will be the next meal if they aren’t fast enough. Some mirrors are oblivious to where they are, others... glance around as if they aren’t quite sure they want to run with a pack like this. Some glance around for other potential targets.

One of the mirrors catches the eye of the poet, who is watching from the corner of the room.

(I hope I did this right! HERE is the pack of mirrors, their leader is this gal. Whoever catches your poet’s eye out of the pack perhaps? I have quite a few pack mirrors that either need lore or have some unfinished lore- I love the idea of involving other lairs/lores with pack members to expand on shared lore!)
Ysx511y.gif
[center]@MotherOfFlame I'm sorry to hear about your day-- hopefully this can help lift you up! [s]And no worries about roleplaying. ^^ I don't mind.[/s] I did this a little oddly, so please let me know if you would prefer a different format! Or more direct compliments. ----- [font=Lora][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55353466] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/553535/55353466_350.png[/img] [/url] Its eyes finally settled on a small creature sipping from a mug in a cushy chair near the door. Decorated in an amalgation of small purple flowers, tattered black rags, and perfectly polished silver armor, it was nearly impossible to see the bright-eyed beast underneath. The sparkle of its wings, the tantalizing thorns, and the keen interest in its gaze, however, was impossible to ignore. Lafayette tore a page out of his notebook and folded it over. In soft, curling script, he quickly penned, "[i] She's a quick one, i'nt she, lady Death? [/i]" And then in smaller, bolder letters beneath, "[b]What's a dark little thing like you doing in a place like this? I must say, your fashion sense is impeccable- I should invest in a few skulls myself.[/b]" [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53727715] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/537278/53727715_350.png[/img] [/url] He looked around the room once more, until his gaze reached the side of the room that held the dartboard at the end of the bar. Perched up on the smooth wood of the bar-top, tail curled around itself and perfectly still, a golden statue in a haze of cigar smoke and setting sunlight, was a small Mirror with eyes that glowed like a star. As soon as he looked at it, the creature's head turned, and fixed him with a stare that made his stomach turn. It wasn't an unpleasant feeling- in fact, it felt strangely warm, and comforting, to be pinned like a fly against the smoke-stained wall by the intense and yet empty stare of a being approaching angelic in its aura. The Mirror's eyes slid off of him and he could breathe again. It was then that he noticed the light silver chains that draped the creature's back and flanks, the softly lit orbs hung from its wings, the set of tools strapped across its ribs, closest to its heart; the slight glow emanating around its head like a subtly brilliant halo. It made him think of sunshine, and honey, and nostalgia and homesickness and the warmth that comes from thinking of the past and watching the sun go down. Barefoot in a surf somewhere; a breeze behind your ears and a tear in your eye. "[i] Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder,[/i] " he wrote, on the edge of the page; "[b] And crying isn't always a bad thing. Your skin makes me think of god. [/b]" [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58305917] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/583060/58305917_350.png[/img] [/url] It was when he had written the words and looked back up that he saw the other behind the gold-- a twin shadow, a flame of black, a perfect mirror to the Mirror's shape, yet larger, dwarfing it at the same time. This one held its head cocked to the side, decorated similarly with glowing orbs of blue dangling from twisting thorns of midnight and tiny red flowers curling over the fibers of its wings. The whole creature seemed to drip, lazily, while it sat, like a melting candle. When it shifted its weight, dark petals fell like confetti from the folds of its wings to patter without sound onto the bartop. Its blinks unfolded like the flap of the wings of a butterfly. "[i] We would not know the brightness of the stars,[/i] " he wrote, "[i] were it not for the darkness of the sky.[/i] [b]Run your fingers through the texture of midnight and it'll be the holes in the Moon that you'll feel- I forgot what silence felt like until I saw you.[/b] " [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55597416] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/555975/55597416_350.png[/img] [/url] A cool spot at his elbow- the appearance of someone near him. He glanced down. A male Pearlcatcher, shimmering blue and black and white, like some subsea underground deep-lake-dark-blue-water thing, shivered beside him. He smiled. "[i] Hello. What peculiar manner of elegance are you? [/i]" The Pearlcatcher smiled back, its ice-chip eyes a perfect match to its armored feet, the orbs on its back, the texture of its wings- the twin stars dangling like badges of magic from its shoulder and cheek. It shifted away slightly, as though shy, and the silken cloak draped across its flanks glittered like a song. Lafayette reached into the small velvet bag hidden at his hip and pulled out a small blue purse. It was soft and near-weightless to the touch, and he handed it to the dragon before him. "[b] Fierce and delicate, just like you, [/b]" he said, grinning; "[b] Elegant flourish and teeth to match. [/b]" [/center]
@MotherOfFlame

I'm sorry to hear about your day-- hopefully this can help lift you up!
And no worries about roleplaying. ^^ I don't mind.

I did this a little oddly, so please let me know if you would prefer a different format! Or more direct compliments.

55353466_350.png

Its eyes finally settled on a small creature sipping from a mug in a cushy chair near the door. Decorated in an amalgation of small purple flowers, tattered black rags, and perfectly polished silver armor, it was nearly impossible to see the bright-eyed beast underneath. The sparkle of its wings, the tantalizing thorns, and the keen interest in its gaze, however, was impossible to ignore.

Lafayette tore a page out of his notebook and folded it over. In soft, curling script, he quickly penned, " She's a quick one, i'nt she, lady Death? " And then in smaller, bolder letters beneath, "What's a dark little thing like you doing in a place like this? I must say, your fashion sense is impeccable- I should invest in a few skulls myself."

53727715_350.png

He looked around the room once more, until his gaze reached the side of the room that held the dartboard at the end of the bar. Perched up on the smooth wood of the bar-top, tail curled around itself and perfectly still, a golden statue in a haze of cigar smoke and setting sunlight, was a small Mirror with eyes that glowed like a star. As soon as he looked at it, the creature's head turned, and fixed him with a stare that made his stomach turn. It wasn't an unpleasant feeling- in fact, it felt strangely warm, and comforting, to be pinned like a fly against the smoke-stained wall by the intense and yet empty stare of a being approaching angelic in its aura.

The Mirror's eyes slid off of him and he could breathe again. It was then that he noticed the light silver chains that draped the creature's back and flanks, the softly lit orbs hung from its wings, the set of tools strapped across its ribs, closest to its heart; the slight glow emanating around its head like a subtly brilliant halo.

It made him think of sunshine, and honey, and nostalgia and homesickness and the warmth that comes from thinking of the past and watching the sun go down. Barefoot in a surf somewhere; a breeze behind your ears and a tear in your eye.

" Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder, " he wrote, on the edge of the page; " And crying isn't always a bad thing. Your skin makes me think of god. "

58305917_350.png

It was when he had written the words and looked back up that he saw the other behind the gold-- a twin shadow, a flame of black, a perfect mirror to the Mirror's shape, yet larger, dwarfing it at the same time. This one held its head cocked to the side, decorated similarly with glowing orbs of blue dangling from twisting thorns of midnight and tiny red flowers curling over the fibers of its wings. The whole creature seemed to drip, lazily, while it sat, like a melting candle. When it shifted its weight, dark petals fell like confetti from the folds of its wings to patter without sound onto the bartop.

Its blinks unfolded like the flap of the wings of a butterfly.

" We would not know the brightness of the stars, " he wrote, " were it not for the darkness of the sky. Run your fingers through the texture of midnight and it'll be the holes in the Moon that you'll feel- I forgot what silence felt like until I saw you. "

55597416_350.png

A cool spot at his elbow- the appearance of someone near him. He glanced down. A male Pearlcatcher, shimmering blue and black and white, like some subsea underground deep-lake-dark-blue-water thing, shivered beside him. He smiled. " Hello. What peculiar manner of elegance are you? "

The Pearlcatcher smiled back, its ice-chip eyes a perfect match to its armored feet, the orbs on its back, the texture of its wings- the twin stars dangling like badges of magic from its shoulder and cheek. It shifted away slightly, as though shy, and the silken cloak draped across its flanks glittered like a song.

Lafayette reached into the small velvet bag hidden at his hip and pulled out a small blue purse. It was soft and near-weightless to the touch, and he handed it to the dragon before him. " Fierce and delicate, just like you, " he said, grinning; " Elegant flourish and teeth to match. "

6BiBS.gif
@SkyTreader197 Oh my god. That´s probably the most beautiful thing I ever had the pleasure to read! Thank you so much, I almost cried... I really can´t put into words how much this means to me at the moment. Thank you so much for making my day better :3 Especially the line "crying isn´t always a bad thing" just... got me so much. Oh my god. I´ll screenshot this and read it whenever I feel sad. I hope you know what an impact things like compliments on pixel dragons can have. Wow. Just... thank you [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
@SkyTreader197

Oh my god. That´s probably the most beautiful thing I ever had the pleasure to read! Thank you so much, I almost cried... I really can´t put into words how much this means to me at the moment. Thank you so much for making my day better :3 Especially the line "crying isn´t always a bad thing" just... got me so much. Oh my god. I´ll screenshot this and read it whenever I feel sad. I hope you know what an impact things like compliments on pixel dragons can have. Wow. Just... thank you
take a look at my skin shop pretty please? u.u
[center]@Scy64 Haha well hopefully I've interpreted and responded right! ^^ I chose two of your Mirrors to write about, rather than one, if that's okay. Feel free to continue on if you want to build lore together! I think it would be fun! ----- [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49786476] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/497865/49786476_350.png[/img] [/url] [font=Lora]The restless group in the corner was beginning to get on his nerves. How hard was it to read the mood of a room and act accordingly? Lafayette tried to close his eyes and block it out, but it was no use- they were just too loud. Too rowdy. And the looks they kept casting at the servers weren't polite either- the whole affair positively [i]screamed[/i] impending violence. And he [i]really[/i] didn't feel like fighting tonight. Holding in a sigh, he shifted himself off of his couch and made his way across the room. At the edge of the offending group, he stopped. On his way over, he'd made eye contact with one of the Mirrors, a little green thing that was just quite [i][b]not[/b] there[/i], if you weren't looking hard enough. It looked a little nervous, and only moreso the closer he got. Maybe it was afraid of bigger dragons. In this case, he thought, it would serve well to be afraid. He liked the pluck in its eyes though, as though it disguised a bit of mischief, a curious intrigue. Not that he wasn't nervous himself, either- a group this size meant a lot of teeth, and if things got questionable, he had no allies in the tavern to help him. He would just have to rely on pure size and weight, but that meant he was slower than them, and he knew from past experience the feeling and sting of Mirror claws. [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50245777] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/502458/50245777_350.png[/img] [/url] The only one that slightly disturbed him was sitting alone, slightly higher than the rest, on a tipped chair- covered in markings like glistening eyes, wearing a half-skull and jawbone over its face so its own eyes couldn't even be seen, with a stinking rag across its chest. Its feet were paler than the rest of its body and its claws as long as its tongue, which it ran along its lips when it noticed him looking in its direction. [i]I'm not angry yet,[/i] that look said. [i]But you should know it's rude to stare.[/i] Trying to ignore the creature's hollow gaze, Lafayette cleared his throat and stomped a foot to try and get the group's attention. "[b] Excuse me. Gentlemen and... ladies. If I could have a moment of your time. [/b]"
@Scy64

Haha well hopefully I've interpreted and responded right! ^^ I chose two of your Mirrors to write about, rather than one, if that's okay. Feel free to continue on if you want to build lore together! I think it would be fun!

49786476_350.png

The restless group in the corner was beginning to get on his nerves. How hard was it to read the mood of a room and act accordingly? Lafayette tried to close his eyes and block it out, but it was no use- they were just too loud. Too rowdy. And the looks they kept casting at the servers weren't polite either- the whole affair positively screamed impending violence. And he really didn't feel like fighting tonight. Holding in a sigh, he shifted himself off of his couch and made his way across the room.

At the edge of the offending group, he stopped. On his way over, he'd made eye contact with one of the Mirrors, a little green thing that was just quite not there, if you weren't looking hard enough. It looked a little nervous, and only moreso the closer he got. Maybe it was afraid of bigger dragons. In this case, he thought, it would serve well to be afraid. He liked the pluck in its eyes though, as though it disguised a bit of mischief, a curious intrigue.

Not that he wasn't nervous himself, either- a group this size meant a lot of teeth, and if things got questionable, he had no allies in the tavern to help him. He would just have to rely on pure size and weight, but that meant he was slower than them, and he knew from past experience the feeling and sting of Mirror claws.

50245777_350.png

The only one that slightly disturbed him was sitting alone, slightly higher than the rest, on a tipped chair- covered in markings like glistening eyes, wearing a half-skull and jawbone over its face so its own eyes couldn't even be seen, with a stinking rag across its chest. Its feet were paler than the rest of its body and its claws as long as its tongue, which it ran along its lips when it noticed him looking in its direction.

I'm not angry yet, that look said. But you should know it's rude to stare.

Trying to ignore the creature's hollow gaze, Lafayette cleared his throat and stomped a foot to try and get the group's attention. " Excuse me. Gentlemen and... ladies. If I could have a moment of your time. "
6BiBS.gif
@SkyTreader197 I'm in the middle of unboxing things from moving, but as one who just sort of writes snippets with very little dialogue ever, it's an interesting idea to hear an opinion on my [s]naive[/s] entitled fancy boy. [size=2]He would honestly probably walk in and expect to be served immediately by whoever is in the area. [s]It's surprising to everyone that he hasn't been kidnapped yet.[/s] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54288450] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/542885/54288450_350.png[/img] [/url]
@SkyTreader197

I'm in the middle of unboxing things from moving, but as one who just sort of writes snippets with very little dialogue ever, it's an interesting idea to hear an opinion on my naive entitled fancy boy.
He would honestly probably walk in and expect to be served immediately by whoever is in the area.
It's surprising to everyone that he hasn't been kidnapped yet.

54288450_350.png
4QFtgPW.png
@SkyTreader197

The poet’s words brought the clamor down to a hushed wisper. The quad-gaze of the mirror pack was upon him, and now, most of the tavern was watching as well. The air seemed uncomfortably heavy.

A few of the larger mirrors rose up as if to challenge him, one sneering while another hissed in anger.

The voice of a purple female mirror with golden kelpy locks dripping down her neck cut through the noise
”Let ‘im talk! And it had better be good... for HIS sake...

The poet saw the challeners sit back down begrudingly, though their vicious glares still followed him as he moved. The mirror with the eye spots whos real eyes remained hidden watched him as well, though he couldn’t read her intent. Curious? Irritated? And the little green mirror adorend with leaves, where had he gone?

”Well?!" the purple mirror snarled ”All eyes are on YOU now, pal... whaddya want?"

Yeah, this is perfect! I had limited ideas for Ghillie, and no ideas for False yet- I’d love to expand on both of them!
@SkyTreader197

The poet’s words brought the clamor down to a hushed wisper. The quad-gaze of the mirror pack was upon him, and now, most of the tavern was watching as well. The air seemed uncomfortably heavy.

A few of the larger mirrors rose up as if to challenge him, one sneering while another hissed in anger.

The voice of a purple female mirror with golden kelpy locks dripping down her neck cut through the noise
”Let ‘im talk! And it had better be good... for HIS sake...

The poet saw the challeners sit back down begrudingly, though their vicious glares still followed him as he moved. The mirror with the eye spots whos real eyes remained hidden watched him as well, though he couldn’t read her intent. Curious? Irritated? And the little green mirror adorend with leaves, where had he gone?

”Well?!" the purple mirror snarled ”All eyes are on YOU now, pal... whaddya want?"

Yeah, this is perfect! I had limited ideas for Ghillie, and no ideas for False yet- I’d love to expand on both of them!
Ysx511y.gif
@SkyTreader197 Thank you for making this! These threads are always so much fun, and always a lovely way to break in new characters =) Lafayette is very beautiful, his accent and apparel work with his colors so well. [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58847523] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/588476/58847523_350.png[/img] [/url] [font=cambria][size=4]Late into the night, the doors to the tavern are pushed slowly open, silent except for the soft tinkling of the bell hanging from the ceiling. The cheerful sound rings out in sharp contrast to the appearance of the dragoness who has entered the building. Eyes are drawn to her like flies to a light - only to quickly dart free of her sight. The tall, stocky Skydancer carries a heavy, bloodstained cleaver at her side. Her appearance is unsightly at first glance -- her sepia scales seem wet, oozing with some contagious substance. A thick red carapace mars her hide, prevalent most on her arms and face. Lime green, glowing pustules line her strong shoulders and forehead; the same fluid glitters in her underbelly, and even seems to leak from her lips and from gaps in her carapace. This, clearly, was a loyal child of the Plaguebringer, surely native to the festering edges of the Wyrmwound. So what is she doing all the way out here, in a cozy little inn? Perhaps the clothing she has donned may provide an answer. As the Skydancer slowly and carefully makes her way to recline at a table in the corner, strings of bones clatter quietly from where they hang around her wings and neck. Frayed and simple garments drape across her folded wings, tail, and feathery head. Sharp spines jut out all the way down her tail. It is unclear if they are a part of her body, or armor merely protecting it - though the strange dragoness clearly requires no protecting. She sits alone at the table, silent, and the other patrons wisely ignore her. She folds her sharpened talons neatly on the tabletop. It is clear that her profession must be a dangerous one; that she is a force not to be reckoned with. And yet, she had moved with such careful precision and grace. Perhaps she could still be gentle - and perhaps, someone might still be able to notice beauty through her rough and pestilent exterior. An understandably nervous Fae server flits over to her table. The Skydancer responds softly to his inquiry, and he wings away again. Within a few moments, he returns with a steaming cup of tea, and the Skydancer is left alone again. She enjoys her tea in simple silence. [/center]
@SkyTreader197

Thank you for making this! These threads are always so much fun, and always a lovely way to break in new characters =) Lafayette is very beautiful, his accent and apparel work with his colors so well.

58847523_350.png

Late into the night, the doors to the tavern are pushed slowly open, silent except for the soft tinkling of the bell hanging from the ceiling. The cheerful sound rings out in sharp contrast to the appearance of the dragoness who has entered the building. Eyes are drawn to her like flies to a light - only to quickly dart free of her sight. The tall, stocky Skydancer carries a heavy, bloodstained cleaver at her side.

Her appearance is unsightly at first glance -- her sepia scales seem wet, oozing with some contagious substance. A thick red carapace mars her hide, prevalent most on her arms and face. Lime green, glowing pustules line her strong shoulders and forehead; the same fluid glitters in her underbelly, and even seems to leak from her lips and from gaps in her carapace. This, clearly, was a loyal child of the Plaguebringer, surely native to the festering edges of the Wyrmwound. So what is she doing all the way out here, in a cozy little inn?

Perhaps the clothing she has donned may provide an answer. As the Skydancer slowly and carefully makes her way to recline at a table in the corner, strings of bones clatter quietly from where they hang around her wings and neck. Frayed and simple garments drape across her folded wings, tail, and feathery head. Sharp spines jut out all the way down her tail. It is unclear if they are a part of her body, or armor merely protecting it - though the strange dragoness clearly requires no protecting.

She sits alone at the table, silent, and the other patrons wisely ignore her. She folds her sharpened talons neatly on the tabletop. It is clear that her profession must be a dangerous one; that she is a force not to be reckoned with. And yet, she had moved with such careful precision and grace. Perhaps she could still be gentle - and perhaps, someone might still be able to notice beauty through her rough and pestilent exterior.

An understandably nervous Fae server flits over to her table. The Skydancer responds softly to his inquiry, and he wings away again. Within a few moments, he returns with a steaming cup of tea, and the Skydancer is left alone again. She enjoys her tea in simple silence.
7GFlGJN.pnglrqDePv.pngsGgQ25Y.pngMpoIPJl.pngsGgQ25Y.png0nIARi4.png1nxsvgf.pngzWgdxzn.pngwN1CyRb.pngFF7sHLD.pngGJZzfu4.pngMrRCllp.png
EBEMlSX.png
@SkyTreader197 Hmmm, okay, I'll bite. One writer to another, eh? ;) Hopefully I will stir your heart with a little feelz myself. ----- The door to the inn opened slowly as a party of three Coatls made their way in. One of them, a male with Platinum Speckle, Dust Trail, and Shamrock Thylacine, was leading the pack. [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58298017] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/582981/58298017_350.png[/img] [/url] The two behind him were oddly quiet, a male with Orange Petals, Buttercup Butterfly, and Tangerine lace. [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58500730] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/585008/58500730_350.png[/img] [/url] The third, the one with her head down and dragging her tail, was a female with Orange Giraffe, Bronze Toxin, and Flaxen Smoke. [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58155246] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/581553/58155246_350.png[/img] [/url] The three made their way to a table with gray-and-white striped lounging cushions just big enough for them to lay on. As the waitress took their orders for a modest seafood dinner, the first male looked at the female. With a concerned gaze, he asked, "What's wrong, Backflip?" "I'm never going to be adopted, Doyle," Backflip said sadly as a tear fell from her face. "Look at me. Then take a look at the Coatls around you. Even him..." she pointed at the other orange male. "...and you." Her head lowered. "You all are so prettier than me. I'm destined for the Exaltation altar. I know it!" "Backflip, honey..." Doyle gently brushed a tear from her cheek. "You're very beautiful. You're beautiful to me, and you will be beautiful to the person who adopts you into their forever lair. Hope isn't lost." "But that's just it," Backflip sighed. "When will I find my forever lair?" Doyle rested his wing on her. "It will take a while, but you'll be adopted eventually. Besides, our Lair master will never exalt you. She will hold on for as long as it takes until you find your forever lair." "And think of it like this, at least your previous lair owner gave you a name before he let you go. I don't even have one," the orange male sighed. "My fear is I will be exalted without ever having even a name to call myself." "But unnamed ones are more valuable, aren't they?" Backflip asked. "Surely people want a dragon they can name themselves more than..." "Honey, let me stop you right there," Doyle interjected. "It doesn't usually matter -- named or unnamed, all dragons find their place in the end. Some find their forever lairs, some are sadly sent to Exaltation. But I have a good feeling that you both will find a loving forever lair, just like I did." The unnamed one looked rather solemn and hopeless. "How can you be so sure?" "Well, I wasn't always this way myself. In fact, I was just hours away from Exaltation," Doyle replied. "In fact, I looked worse than both of you. I had a basic secondary and an underbelly tertiary gene. Needless to say, I wasn't lovely to look at. But when my lair master rescued me, she gave me new genes, and a new lease on life. "That's why I'm telling both of you to keep your hopes and dreams of finding homes up. You never know what may happen. You might even be taken in and given a gene refresh...." At that moment, the three stopped and turned in the direction of a regal Imperial Dragon, who had apparently been listening in... (Your turn, SkyTreader!)
@SkyTreader197

Hmmm, okay, I'll bite. One writer to another, eh? ;) Hopefully I will stir your heart with a little feelz myself.

The door to the inn opened slowly as a party of three Coatls made their way in. One of them, a male with Platinum Speckle, Dust Trail, and Shamrock Thylacine, was leading the pack.

58298017_350.png

The two behind him were oddly quiet, a male with Orange Petals, Buttercup Butterfly, and Tangerine lace.

58500730_350.png

The third, the one with her head down and dragging her tail, was a female with Orange Giraffe, Bronze Toxin, and Flaxen Smoke.

58155246_350.png

The three made their way to a table with gray-and-white striped lounging cushions just big enough for them to lay on. As the waitress took their orders for a modest seafood dinner, the first male looked at the female.

With a concerned gaze, he asked, "What's wrong, Backflip?"

"I'm never going to be adopted, Doyle," Backflip said sadly as a tear fell from her face. "Look at me. Then take a look at the Coatls around you. Even him..." she pointed at the other orange male. "...and you." Her head lowered. "You all are so prettier than me. I'm destined for the Exaltation altar. I know it!"

"Backflip, honey..." Doyle gently brushed a tear from her cheek. "You're very beautiful. You're beautiful to me, and you will be beautiful to the person who adopts you into their forever lair. Hope isn't lost."

"But that's just it," Backflip sighed. "When will I find my forever lair?"

Doyle rested his wing on her. "It will take a while, but you'll be adopted eventually. Besides, our Lair master will never exalt you. She will hold on for as long as it takes until you find your forever lair."

"And think of it like this, at least your previous lair owner gave you a name before he let you go. I don't even have one," the orange male sighed. "My fear is I will be exalted without ever having even a name to call myself."

"But unnamed ones are more valuable, aren't they?" Backflip asked. "Surely people want a dragon they can name themselves more than..."

"Honey, let me stop you right there," Doyle interjected. "It doesn't usually matter -- named or unnamed, all dragons find their place in the end. Some find their forever lairs, some are sadly sent to Exaltation. But I have a good feeling that you both will find a loving forever lair, just like I did."

The unnamed one looked rather solemn and hopeless. "How can you be so sure?"

"Well, I wasn't always this way myself. In fact, I was just hours away from Exaltation," Doyle replied. "In fact, I looked worse than both of you. I had a basic secondary and an underbelly tertiary gene. Needless to say, I wasn't lovely to look at. But when my lair master rescued me, she gave me new genes, and a new lease on life.

"That's why I'm telling both of you to keep your hopes and dreams of finding homes up. You never know what may happen. You might even be taken in and given a gene refresh...."

At that moment, the three stopped and turned in the direction of a regal Imperial Dragon, who had apparently been listening in...

(Your turn, SkyTreader!)
ccrescuesig.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7