Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [closed interact] Choral Conversing
1 2 3
@perfinite (baby mode: activated)

Caesura was the Bane that managed to find the hatchlings first- small things they were, small enough for him to lift in his wings. Setting a base to support his weight via feet and tail he did just that, his individual wings curling around just enough to support the hatchling’s as he lifted them. “Hello, little ones,” he cooed, “I heard your singing in the wind. You two are doing wonderfully- it just takes a hint of practice.”
@perfinite (baby mode: activated)

Caesura was the Bane that managed to find the hatchlings first- small things they were, small enough for him to lift in his wings. Setting a base to support his weight via feet and tail he did just that, his individual wings curling around just enough to support the hatchling’s as he lifted them. “Hello, little ones,” he cooed, “I heard your singing in the wind. You two are doing wonderfully- it just takes a hint of practice.”
Bast
She/her
Was Bast6415
54149505.png be a chad dragon enjoyer. yes im begging for likes wyd
@LostForeverLost

Tablature bounced excitedly to greet the two, past the Caesura who was still in the grass. They extended a wing as if to shake it. “Welcome,” they hummed, “It’s nice to meet you three! I’m sorry to ask but- uh-“

They gestured a wing to Sazuki. “What are you, exactly? I haven’t met any of your kind yet.”
@LostForeverLost

Tablature bounced excitedly to greet the two, past the Caesura who was still in the grass. They extended a wing as if to shake it. “Welcome,” they hummed, “It’s nice to meet you three! I’m sorry to ask but- uh-“

They gestured a wing to Sazuki. “What are you, exactly? I haven’t met any of your kind yet.”
Bast
She/her
Was Bast6415
@ratdealer

Sazuki grinned, "I'm a fae but I'm not the best example of my kind. I was raised by big brother Carrum over their with this noisy beast!" she fluttered up to bop Poe on the nose rather harshly, in a loving sort of way. If you watched her closely you'd notice her fans mimicked how a coatl would express themselves.

"She's practically a banescale!" Poe laughed, puffing her off of his snout with a bit of purple smoke.
@ratdealer

Sazuki grinned, "I'm a fae but I'm not the best example of my kind. I was raised by big brother Carrum over their with this noisy beast!" she fluttered up to bop Poe on the nose rather harshly, in a loving sort of way. If you watched her closely you'd notice her fans mimicked how a coatl would express themselves.

"She's practically a banescale!" Poe laughed, puffing her off of his snout with a bit of purple smoke.
image.png swDBUfq.png
| choodle | adult | he/him |
*:-. mlHpBMC.png .-:*
bird lover and dragon enthusiast
digital artist and animator
x EbzjPMK.gif FObX7rS.png
oouioVf.png
5hF3FGk.png
image.png
@LostForeverLost

Tabla leaned in slightly to examine the small Fae, nodding in affirmation. “It’s wonder to see so many come to visit- from all flights, especially.”

Stepping back, they flavored their wings, one for the dramatics. “Welcome to Some Big Unnamed Chorus Gathering! It’s teechnically supposed to be just Banes, but I’m sure Caes won’t mind!”
@LostForeverLost

Tabla leaned in slightly to examine the small Fae, nodding in affirmation. “It’s wonder to see so many come to visit- from all flights, especially.”

Stepping back, they flavored their wings, one for the dramatics. “Welcome to Some Big Unnamed Chorus Gathering! It’s teechnically supposed to be just Banes, but I’m sure Caes won’t mind!”
Bast
She/her
Was Bast6415
@ratdealer

"Oh, any news at all? That I can provide!" The excited Banescale replied, knowing that though any news he has likely isn't too important overall, he could at least provide it. "You have been alone too? Same here really; the group I'm in doesn't have any Banes besides myself, so any time I wish to practice with others, I must locate the other members of the Traveller's Choir so I can properly learn. I have heard sounds of instruments being played, but I can never find the Banes playing them, so no luck finding anyone to make a group with me."

The multi-eyed Banescale awkwardly hums, remembering the reason why he couldn't yet say that his home was the location of his choir; a Harmony member needs at least one original Chorus member with them to make a group. But that just means he either needs to prove himself worthy of being a full member, or locate some other Banes to group with.

"Anyways, what news do you have? I'm curious to see how other Banes are adjusting to this world, since I keep having to ask the one member of my home group that is actually my size to help me with things that are made for dragons with forearms...."
@ratdealer

"Oh, any news at all? That I can provide!" The excited Banescale replied, knowing that though any news he has likely isn't too important overall, he could at least provide it. "You have been alone too? Same here really; the group I'm in doesn't have any Banes besides myself, so any time I wish to practice with others, I must locate the other members of the Traveller's Choir so I can properly learn. I have heard sounds of instruments being played, but I can never find the Banes playing them, so no luck finding anyone to make a group with me."

The multi-eyed Banescale awkwardly hums, remembering the reason why he couldn't yet say that his home was the location of his choir; a Harmony member needs at least one original Chorus member with them to make a group. But that just means he either needs to prove himself worthy of being a full member, or locate some other Banes to group with.

"Anyways, what news do you have? I'm curious to see how other Banes are adjusting to this world, since I keep having to ask the one member of my home group that is actually my size to help me with things that are made for dragons with forearms...."
tumblr_inline_n6kdvfauea1qlye38.gif tumblr_oz1eo985NS1u402sco1_75sq.pngtumblr_oz3c1bde9P1u402sco3_75sq.pngtumblr_oz1dx60TjP1u402sco7_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_n6kdukB9pN1qlye38.gif
Formerly GembondFairy if you think you recognize me somehow
@ratdealer [Center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57399340] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/573994/57399340_350.png[/img] [/url] [I]Crescendo He/him - Bass[/i][/center] A flashy bane landed before the two, bowing in respect before baring a massive grin and hugging them both. "My kin!!! At long last we meet!" His voice boomed in happy greetings. "I have only dreamed of moments like this. See there's only one or two other of our kind within Synthasia and only one other in my faction. Neither are chorus members though, having given up our ways of singing in exchange for other activities and communication." He released the two of them. "So when I heard you wanted to meet I was thrilled!" "I'd absolutely love to get to know both of you more. Like your favorite colors! And foods. Scents! Music! Best friend? Hobbies! Okay okay. Sorry I'm probably being super overbearing. I'll let you two talk now!"
@ratdealer

57399340_350.png

Crescendo
He/him - Bass

A flashy bane landed before the two, bowing in respect before baring a massive grin and hugging them both. "My kin!!! At long last we meet!" His voice boomed in happy greetings. "I have only dreamed of moments like this. See there's only one or two other of our kind within Synthasia and only one other in my faction. Neither are chorus members though, having given up our ways of singing in exchange for other activities and communication." He released the two of them. "So when I heard you wanted to meet I was thrilled!"

"I'd absolutely love to get to know both of you more. Like your favorite colors! And foods. Scents! Music! Best friend? Hobbies! Okay okay. Sorry I'm probably being super overbearing. I'll let you two talk now!"

Oufkzg8.png
@GemboundFairy Caesura would give a solem nod as he listened, sitting in the grass. “If you’ve been hunting,” he offered, “You’re welcome to travel with me and Tabla until you find a group. I know how hard it is, especially with how large Sornieth is.” He chuckled, if unintentionally, when Robin spoke of his lack of hand like appendages to do things with. For a moment he cast a glance to his travelling partner Tabla, who had a lute strapped around her chest to be played with her wings. “I wonder how our ancestors did it- they must have had one sort of tools they used with wings or their feet. That’s just something we’ll have to dig up,” he sighed. “Tabla seems to be doing fine, though. It’s just a matter of innovation and invention.” [left][img]https://flightrising.com/dropbox/banescale_separator.png[/img][/left] @UltraNumbed Caesura would.. tentatively accept the hug, his spines lowering so not to accidentally poke Crescendo. Tablature would hug back, enjoying the bit of physical affection, settling in as Crescendo spoke. Caesura would respond first, shaking his head. “A shame, truely. Our song is all that’s left asides from ourselves. I suppose it’s alright for a dragon to take their own path, but I like this one best.” Tabla chuckled, nudging him. “And I thought you had no humor! I’m so glad Cae’s call actually worked,” they said, almost trying to hide the phrase from Caes. They chuckled at Crescendo’s slew of questions, adjusting their position slightly. “Well,” Tabla started, “I like yellow, flowers- to eat-, uuuh, wood? Lute, Caaaaesss,” they’d nudge into Caesura again, “aaaaand lute! Again!” They turned to Caesura, who stared at Tabla with a with an amused, if tired, expression. “I don’t- i don’t have real answer to half of those questions,” he muttered, almost surprised. He’d shake his head in an amused way. “What’s life like been in- Synthasia? Beautiful name, might I add.” He’d pause for a moment, head snapping to Tabla. In a stage-whisper, he’d tell her, [i]”wait- you can’t? Digest plants?? Why would you eat a-“[/i]
@GemboundFairy

Caesura would give a solem nod as he listened, sitting in the grass. “If you’ve been hunting,” he offered, “You’re welcome to travel with me and Tabla until you find a group. I know how hard it is, especially with how large Sornieth is.”

He chuckled, if unintentionally, when Robin spoke of his lack of hand like appendages to do things with. For a moment he cast a glance to his travelling partner Tabla, who had a lute strapped around her chest to be played with her wings. “I wonder how our ancestors did it- they must have had one sort of tools they used with wings or their feet. That’s just something we’ll have to dig up,” he sighed. “Tabla seems to be doing fine, though. It’s just a matter of innovation and invention.”
banescale_separator.png

@UltraNumbed

Caesura would.. tentatively accept the hug, his spines lowering so not to accidentally poke Crescendo. Tablature would hug back, enjoying the bit of physical affection, settling in as Crescendo spoke.

Caesura would respond first, shaking his head. “A shame, truely. Our song is all that’s left asides from ourselves. I suppose it’s alright for a dragon to take their own path, but I like this one best.”

Tabla chuckled, nudging him. “And I thought you had no humor! I’m so glad Cae’s call actually worked,” they said, almost trying to hide the phrase from Caes. They chuckled at Crescendo’s slew of questions, adjusting their position slightly. “Well,” Tabla started, “I like yellow, flowers- to eat-, uuuh, wood? Lute, Caaaaesss,” they’d nudge into Caesura again, “aaaaand lute! Again!”

They turned to Caesura, who stared at Tabla with a with an amused, if tired, expression. “I don’t- i don’t have real answer to half of those questions,” he muttered, almost surprised. He’d shake his head in an amused way. “What’s life like been in- Synthasia? Beautiful name, might I add.”

He’d pause for a moment, head snapping to Tabla. In a stage-whisper, he’d tell her, ”wait- you can’t? Digest plants?? Why would you eat a-“
Bast
She/her
Was Bast6415
@ratdealer

"Oh, I could join you until I can find a group? Hmm....." Robin had to think on this, debating with himself mentally on if he should do that or remain in the Traveller's Choir. Caesura had a point; Sornieth was huge, and it would be difficult to find any fellow Banescales to form a Choir with, especially since he had to find a Conductor to practice under.... "....Maybe......But wouldn't the fact I live, or at least the group that took me in lives, in the Shrieking Wilds prove to be an issue....?"

Robin sighed, before choosing to focus on the topic of tools rather than think too hard on the topic of finding a group. "I have been adapting to using a pen with my foot, since I have taken up learning tactics alongside learning to be a Chorus member, so I need to be able to write notes and draw plans. But....." Robin paused, thinking over his next words. "...it's difficult, since their pens are made for someone with forearms, but I have been managing. I know the group that took me in do want to figure out how to modify tools so that I can use them easier, but that will take a while."

The Banescale takes a glance at the lute as well, still amazed by it. "Not sure how much luck we will have of digging up past tools, but it seems we are relearning how to make fine instruments for ourselves just fine."
@ratdealer

"Oh, I could join you until I can find a group? Hmm....." Robin had to think on this, debating with himself mentally on if he should do that or remain in the Traveller's Choir. Caesura had a point; Sornieth was huge, and it would be difficult to find any fellow Banescales to form a Choir with, especially since he had to find a Conductor to practice under.... "....Maybe......But wouldn't the fact I live, or at least the group that took me in lives, in the Shrieking Wilds prove to be an issue....?"

Robin sighed, before choosing to focus on the topic of tools rather than think too hard on the topic of finding a group. "I have been adapting to using a pen with my foot, since I have taken up learning tactics alongside learning to be a Chorus member, so I need to be able to write notes and draw plans. But....." Robin paused, thinking over his next words. "...it's difficult, since their pens are made for someone with forearms, but I have been managing. I know the group that took me in do want to figure out how to modify tools so that I can use them easier, but that will take a while."

The Banescale takes a glance at the lute as well, still amazed by it. "Not sure how much luck we will have of digging up past tools, but it seems we are relearning how to make fine instruments for ourselves just fine."
tumblr_inline_n6kdvfauea1qlye38.gif tumblr_oz1eo985NS1u402sco1_75sq.pngtumblr_oz3c1bde9P1u402sco3_75sq.pngtumblr_oz1dx60TjP1u402sco7_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_n6kdukB9pN1qlye38.gif
Formerly GembondFairy if you think you recognize me somehow
@ratdealer (Welp. I hope you don't mind long replies, I may have gone slightly overboard. ^^; ) ----- [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57354020][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/573541/57354020_350.png[/img][/url] [nextcol][center][b]Rhapsody[/b] he/him[/center] [/columns] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57407415][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/574075/57407415_350.png[/img][/url] [nextcol][center][b]Elegy[/b] she/her[/center] [/columns] [i]With a cameo from...[/i] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12146564][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/121466/12146564p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol][b]Rixa[/b] she/her [/columns] [center][img]https://flightrising.com/dropbox/banescale_separator.png[/img][/center] Rhapsody suddenly lifted his head to the wind, his fans splaying to their fullest. Rixa instinctively took a step back. The banescale was [i]tall[/i], a fact she often forgot with all the slouching he did. She hoped he didn't notice the movement. Elegy, who was sitting beside him. had also lifted her head. Her eyes were closed as though she was listening closely. Rixa's eyes darted from one to the other and back again. "Rhap? El? You ok?" Rhapsody held up a wing as if asking her to be silent. Rixa opened her mouth to reply, paused, and then sat back with an indignant huff. She'd been swapping stories with the two banescale, hoping to add a few tales to her collection. For two very young dragons, they had a lot of interesting things to say. And Rhap had just stopped mid sentence! At a [i]really[/i] good part! It took a moment more, but eventually the two banescale dropped to rest on their wrists again and exchanged a knowing look. Rhapsody sighed. "Lady Rixa, I'm afraid we have to cut this meeting short." Rixa squinted. "Is something wrong? You reacted too, Rhap, so that wasn't just El's thing. And I thought I told you to stop with the titles." "A conductor calls for news." Elegy's voice was low, hesitant. "It would... be rude to ignore them, especially with the meeting happening so close by." The mirror gave the two of them her best stern mother glare. "It would also be rude to leave me on a cliffhanger, y'know." Rhapsody chuckled, a deep, rumbling noise that Rixa could feel in her chest. "A story can be told anytime. A meeting of banescale cannot be rescheduled." He dipped his head in a casual bow and then raised his wings in preparation of takeoff. "Until next time!" He jumped up and shot into the sky, the gust from his wings nearly blowing off Rixa's hat. Elegy followed a moment after, and her gust actually did send the hat flying. Rixa stood and flared her wings like she wanted to follow. "WAIT! What about the eldaaand they're gone." Her wings dropped to the ground. The sky above was already clear. Banescale were ridiculously fast in the air. Rixa took a deep breath, and let out a long, heavy sigh. The audacity of those young punks. Ah well. She could just go bother [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57362173]Cadence[/url], see if [i]she[/i] knew the next part of the story. [center][img]https://flightrising.com/dropbox/banescale_separator.png[/img][/center] The flight had been long, and for the most part silent. "Close by" was perhaps an understatement; Elegy had mostly meant "within the Windswept Plateau". Elegy spoke quietly into the wind. "Are you sure this is a good idea?" Rhapsody turned his head to look at her. Of course that was her fear. "There are banescale of all elements now, even ice. They won't think anything of it." "Yes, but..." She trailed off, and visibly swallowed. "I know." His voice was gentle and impossibly soft. "We don't have to talk about the hatching. They're asking for news, not origins." Elegy nodded. Rhapsody turned his head back to the wind. For a time, the only sound was the rush of wind in their wings. "And you. What about you?" Elegy was louder this time. She turned to look at him and tilted her head. "Except for Rixa's choir, everyone we meet--" "I [i]know[/i]." Rhapsody snapped. His eyes flared, and then he closed them, momentarily snuffing out the flame, and knotted his brows. "I know, El." His voice was quiet again, and apologetic. "I'm hoping our own kind are not so... so judgemental." Elegy stared at him, and past him, into the empty sky beyond. And then she abruptly turned to look at the ground ahead. "We're here." The two of them descended in a lazy spiral toward the small group. Others had already arrived, and were walking about chatting amicably. There were even a few dragons of other species about; which was odd for a Chorus gathering, but there was probably good reason for their being here. Rhapsody touched down first, and then Elegy, and they quickly dropped to rest on their wrists. They walked into the gathering on all fours. Elegy stuck close to Rhapsody's side, and despite his first instinct, he held his head a touch higher than usual. A turquoise, heavily quilled bane was greeting new arrivals, as was a yellow bane with an instrument round their neck. Rhapsody smiled as he approached the duo, and squinted to temper his fiery eyes in a way he hoped didn't look too intentional. "Well met! I'm assuming it was you who called the meeting?" He lowered his head in a polite bow. "I am Rhapsody, and this is my sister Elegy. We're staying with a nearby clan on the edge of the Reedcleft Ascent. They are... an odd bunch, but hospitable. How are you faring?" Elegy stood quiet beside him, staring at the ground.
@ratdealer

(Welp. I hope you don't mind long replies, I may have gone slightly overboard. ^^; )

57354020_350.png
Rhapsody
he/him
57407415_350.png
Elegy
she/her
With a cameo from...
12146564p.png Rixa
she/her
banescale_separator.png

Rhapsody suddenly lifted his head to the wind, his fans splaying to their fullest.

Rixa instinctively took a step back. The banescale was tall, a fact she often forgot with all the slouching he did. She hoped he didn't notice the movement.

Elegy, who was sitting beside him. had also lifted her head. Her eyes were closed as though she was listening closely.

Rixa's eyes darted from one to the other and back again. "Rhap? El? You ok?"

Rhapsody held up a wing as if asking her to be silent. Rixa opened her mouth to reply, paused, and then sat back with an indignant huff.

She'd been swapping stories with the two banescale, hoping to add a few tales to her collection. For two very young dragons, they had a lot of interesting things to say. And Rhap had just stopped mid sentence! At a really good part!

It took a moment more, but eventually the two banescale dropped to rest on their wrists again and exchanged a knowing look. Rhapsody sighed. "Lady Rixa, I'm afraid we have to cut this meeting short."

Rixa squinted. "Is something wrong? You reacted too, Rhap, so that wasn't just El's thing. And I thought I told you to stop with the titles."

"A conductor calls for news." Elegy's voice was low, hesitant. "It would... be rude to ignore them, especially with the meeting happening so close by."

The mirror gave the two of them her best stern mother glare. "It would also be rude to leave me on a cliffhanger, y'know."

Rhapsody chuckled, a deep, rumbling noise that Rixa could feel in her chest. "A story can be told anytime. A meeting of banescale cannot be rescheduled." He dipped his head in a casual bow and then raised his wings in preparation of takeoff. "Until next time!"

He jumped up and shot into the sky, the gust from his wings nearly blowing off Rixa's hat. Elegy followed a moment after, and her gust actually did send the hat flying.

Rixa stood and flared her wings like she wanted to follow. "WAIT! What about the eldaaand they're gone." Her wings dropped to the ground. The sky above was already clear. Banescale were ridiculously fast in the air.

Rixa took a deep breath, and let out a long, heavy sigh. The audacity of those young punks.

Ah well. She could just go bother Cadence, see if she knew the next part of the story.
banescale_separator.png

The flight had been long, and for the most part silent. "Close by" was perhaps an understatement; Elegy had mostly meant "within the Windswept Plateau".

Elegy spoke quietly into the wind. "Are you sure this is a good idea?"

Rhapsody turned his head to look at her. Of course that was her fear. "There are banescale of all elements now, even ice. They won't think anything of it."

"Yes, but..." She trailed off, and visibly swallowed.

"I know." His voice was gentle and impossibly soft. "We don't have to talk about the hatching. They're asking for news, not origins."

Elegy nodded. Rhapsody turned his head back to the wind. For a time, the only sound was the rush of wind in their wings.

"And you. What about you?" Elegy was louder this time. She turned to look at him and tilted her head. "Except for Rixa's choir, everyone we meet--"

"I know." Rhapsody snapped. His eyes flared, and then he closed them, momentarily snuffing out the flame, and knotted his brows. "I know, El." His voice was quiet again, and apologetic. "I'm hoping our own kind are not so... so judgemental."

Elegy stared at him, and past him, into the empty sky beyond. And then she abruptly turned to look at the ground ahead. "We're here."

The two of them descended in a lazy spiral toward the small group. Others had already arrived, and were walking about chatting amicably. There were even a few dragons of other species about; which was odd for a Chorus gathering, but there was probably good reason for their being here.

Rhapsody touched down first, and then Elegy, and they quickly dropped to rest on their wrists. They walked into the gathering on all fours. Elegy stuck close to Rhapsody's side, and despite his first instinct, he held his head a touch higher than usual.

A turquoise, heavily quilled bane was greeting new arrivals, as was a yellow bane with an instrument round their neck. Rhapsody smiled as he approached the duo, and squinted to temper his fiery eyes in a way he hoped didn't look too intentional.

"Well met! I'm assuming it was you who called the meeting?" He lowered his head in a polite bow. "I am Rhapsody, and this is my sister Elegy. We're staying with a nearby clan on the edge of the Reedcleft Ascent. They are... an odd bunch, but hospitable. How are you faring?"

Elegy stood quiet beside him, staring at the ground.
Wind House Cup 2023 Superstorm Badge 20x20.png?css=%7B%22opacity%22%3A%220%22%7D&dummyext=.png
@ratdealer

Sazuki shrugged, "We're misfits wherever we go!"

Poe nodded and looked around for the dragon called Caes, he assumed whoever they were had made the call. Tabla's voice just didn't match it.

Sazuki was in no rush to move on, directing her interest towards the lute, "Oooh! that's beautiful!" she gushed. Carrum sat near by content to watch Sazuki flit about the instrument.
@ratdealer

Sazuki shrugged, "We're misfits wherever we go!"

Poe nodded and looked around for the dragon called Caes, he assumed whoever they were had made the call. Tabla's voice just didn't match it.

Sazuki was in no rush to move on, directing her interest towards the lute, "Oooh! that's beautiful!" she gushed. Carrum sat near by content to watch Sazuki flit about the instrument.
image.png swDBUfq.png
| choodle | adult | he/him |
*:-. mlHpBMC.png .-:*
bird lover and dragon enthusiast
digital artist and animator
x EbzjPMK.gif FObX7rS.png
oouioVf.png
5hF3FGk.png
image.png
1 2 3