Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Salamander Subspecies Lore Open
[center][img]https://i.postimg.cc/zvZ284Z6/Hestia-and-Singh3-2.png[/img][/center] “There once was a great trade center near the base of one of the volcanoes in the Ashfall Waste where dragons of all areas would come to meet, trade items, and many other things. Unfortunately no one knows where this place existed, or if it even existed in the first place. For no trace of this place remains. No trace but the stories and legends passed from dragon to hatchling, one generation to the next. Some say that one of the many volcanoes erupted, covering that place in lava and ash. Others that it was the beast clans who caused the destruction. How though none know, for this is not a story the beast clans tell. Yet one thing all these stories have in common is that those unable to escape the lava and ash shall return like the Phoenix reborn from its own flames, having been touched by the Flame Caller. Those whom were touched shall make their way to surface, where they break free confining. Breaking the shell of their second egg,” a Coatl said to the hatchlings gathered around her. “When though,” a young guardian asked. “Hestia, when will they return?” The Coatl smiled at her young charge, “They already have and have been a part of our lair for many years now. They have already returned as I and my brother have, yet I do not remember when the Flame Caller woke me. Though, until recently they have hidden in the depths of our lair where the mountains heart burns strong.” Seeing the confusion on the hatchling’s face and the hearing the whispered awe of her neighbors, Hestia gestured to the shallow bowl of water next to her and spoke again. “Come here Singh, take a look at your reflection. For you are a child of Buryn and Arkadi, granddaughter of Azula who was among the first to return to us. Singh slowly made her way to where Hestia sat and looked into the shallow bowl as she had been bade, all the while wondering about this history of her predecessors that she had been made aware of. As she stood above the bowl, she noticed that she was lighter in color than her father but had his main markings and had her mother’s wing coloring and markings. “Priestess, why did the Salamanders return,” another hatchling asked, this time a tundra who whose parents journeyed from the Scarred Wasteland. “None truly know,” Hestia replied. “Though, after speaking with Azula and the others we believe that there was a surge of energy or magic which both awakened us and gave them the strength to come forth from their shell. Maybe, one day, we will know if that was so or not.” Looking to the hatchlings again Hestia decided to impart her knowledge to this new generation. “Now I shall describe to you the different types of Salamanders. First are those whom were touched by the Flame Caller so long ago and their descendants. Like Azula and Inferno, these dragons are all fire in color due to their time spent surrounded by the lava and magma below. Now then, before I describe their markings, have any of you seen the Flamescales which roam this land and visit our lair from time to time?” Many nodded in affirmation and soon they were talking amongst themselves describing what these being and their snake-like bodies looked like. [center][img]https://i.postimg.cc/0yV23VgS/salamander-guardian.png[/img][/center] "As time passed since their awakening and return to the world," Hestia began again when the hatchlings had quieted down. "The markings on the Salamanders began to change, though some still maintain these original markings. These new markings brought a lighter color to the scales of a few. The first of these changes were those like Singh whose body marking were the same, but their wing markings differed and could be one of four. These include the speckles, a marking that looks like drying lava, another that looks like moving lava, and then the original markings but lighter in color. [center][img]https://i.postimg.cc/6pcpjCgS/Singh-and-Magma.png[/img][/center] Next came the dragons whose body markings matched the markings on there wings, but were not of the original ones. Salamanders like Rivalen, Solaris, and Rhoviel. [center][img]https://i.postimg.cc/MGZN5BJ9/three-salamanders.png[/img][/center] Along with these paired markings came a new one that was similar to the original body marking, but white where it was dark though the fire color remained. The wing markings of these new dragons were mixtures of those that came before. These are dragons like Versias, Roshan, and Arkadi." [center][img]https://i.postimg.cc/7PpgNyrc/Healers-3.png[/img][/center] As Hestia finished describing the physical appearance of the Salamanders, she couldn't help but smile as she noticed that the hatchlings had gone quiet and were now waiting for her to start speaking again. For though they were not as rare as they once were, many Salamanders still preferred the inner lava-filled parts of their home to the outside world. "Now then, let me tell you a few more things about the Salamanders before it's time to go to your nests, okay?" Some of the hatchlings grumbled, not wanting to go to sleep so soon. While others eye's shone with excitement at the prospect of learning something new. "Very well, let me think for a moment. Let me tell you about the roles this time and tomorrow I'll tell you about their familiars." At these words, even the hatchlings that had previously grumbled about going to bed now seemed to glow with excitement. "At first, when only Azula, Inferno, and the other dragons like them came out they were discovered to be great fighters and guardians, among them only Seraphina seemed out of place though she would find her role soon enough. [center][img]https://i.postimg.cc/MT7PV09P/Salamandr.png[/img][/center] For with the change to both scale color and markings, came new rolls. For dragons like Versias, they gained a calmer and more patient temperament. Due to this they became great healers and medics. This is were Seraphina found she belonged, for though she came from the Scarred Wasteland Seraphina wanted to use her knowledge of plagues and diseases to help others, not harm them. [center][img]https://i.postimg.cc/jSfW4nqp/tundra.png[/img][/center] After these two groups originally formed, the other Salamanders found it difficult to find their role. Though with time certain individuals found their paths as watchers and information gatherers, wanderers, and even Ambassadors to other lairs. Though as Seraphina taught us, it does not matter what ones markings or colors are, we as individuals choose what path we take in life." [center]Hatchery[/center] [center][url]http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/baz/2724249/1[/url][/center] [right][font=verdana][size=1][color=#000000][b] FIRE BANNER BY OSIEM #30450;[/b][/color][/size][/font][/right]
Hestia-and-Singh3-2.png
“There once was a great trade center near the base of one of the volcanoes in the Ashfall Waste where dragons of all areas would come to meet, trade items, and many other things. Unfortunately no one knows where this place existed, or if it even existed in the first place. For no trace of this place remains. No trace but the stories and legends passed from dragon to hatchling, one generation to the next.
Some say that one of the many volcanoes erupted, covering that place in lava and ash. Others that it was the beast clans who caused the destruction. How though none know, for this is not a story the beast clans tell. Yet one thing all these stories have in common is that those unable to escape the lava and ash shall return like the Phoenix reborn from its own flames, having been touched by the Flame Caller. Those whom were touched shall make their way to surface, where they break free confining. Breaking the shell of their second egg,” a Coatl said to the hatchlings gathered around her.

“When though,” a young guardian asked. “Hestia, when will they return?”

The Coatl smiled at her young charge, “They already have and have been a part of our lair for many years now. They have already returned as I and my brother have, yet I do not remember when the Flame Caller woke me. Though, until recently they have hidden in the depths of our lair where the mountains heart burns strong.” Seeing the confusion on the hatchling’s face and the hearing the whispered awe of her neighbors, Hestia gestured to the shallow bowl of water next to her and spoke again. “Come here Singh, take a look at your reflection. For you are a child of Buryn and Arkadi, granddaughter of Azula who was among the first to return to us.

Singh slowly made her way to where Hestia sat and looked into the shallow bowl as she had been bade, all the while wondering about this history of her predecessors that she had been made aware of. As she stood above the bowl, she noticed that she was lighter in color than her father but had his main markings and had her mother’s wing coloring and markings.

“Priestess, why did the Salamanders return,” another hatchling asked, this time a tundra who whose parents journeyed from the Scarred Wasteland.

“None truly know,” Hestia replied. “Though, after speaking with Azula and the others we believe that there was a surge of energy or magic which both awakened us and gave them the strength to come forth from their shell. Maybe, one day, we will know if that was so or not.” Looking to the hatchlings again Hestia decided to impart her knowledge to this new generation. “Now I shall describe to you the different types of Salamanders. First are those whom were touched by the Flame Caller so long ago and their descendants. Like Azula and Inferno, these dragons are all fire in color due to their time spent surrounded by the lava and magma below. Now then, before I describe their markings, have any of you seen the Flamescales which roam this land and visit our lair from time to time?” Many nodded in affirmation and soon they were talking amongst themselves describing what these being and their snake-like bodies looked like.
salamander-guardian.png
"As time passed since their awakening and return to the world," Hestia began again when the hatchlings had quieted down. "The markings on the Salamanders began to change, though some still maintain these original markings. These new markings brought a lighter color to the scales of a few. The first of these changes were those like Singh whose body marking were the same, but their wing markings differed and could be one of four. These include the speckles, a marking that looks like drying lava, another that looks like moving lava, and then the original markings but lighter in color.
Singh-and-Magma.png
Next came the dragons whose body markings matched the markings on there wings, but were not of the original ones. Salamanders like Rivalen, Solaris, and Rhoviel.
three-salamanders.png
Along with these paired markings came a new one that was similar to the original body marking, but white where it was dark though the fire color remained. The wing markings of these new dragons were mixtures of those that came before. These are dragons like Versias, Roshan, and Arkadi."
Healers-3.png

As Hestia finished describing the physical appearance of the Salamanders, she couldn't help but smile as she noticed that the hatchlings had gone quiet and were now waiting for her to start speaking again. For though they were not as rare as they once were, many Salamanders still preferred the inner lava-filled parts of their home to the outside world.
"Now then, let me tell you a few more things about the Salamanders before it's time to go to your nests, okay?"
Some of the hatchlings grumbled, not wanting to go to sleep so soon. While others eye's shone with excitement at the prospect of learning something new.
"Very well, let me think for a moment. Let me tell you about the roles this time and tomorrow I'll tell you about their familiars."
At these words, even the hatchlings that had previously grumbled about going to bed now seemed to glow with excitement.
"At first, when only Azula, Inferno, and the other dragons like them came out they were discovered to be great fighters and guardians, among them only Seraphina seemed out of place though she would find her role soon enough.
Salamandr.png
For with the change to both scale color and markings, came new rolls. For dragons like Versias, they gained a calmer and more patient temperament. Due to this they became great healers and medics. This is were Seraphina found she belonged, for though she came from the Scarred Wasteland Seraphina wanted to use her knowledge of plagues and diseases to help others, not harm them.
tundra.png
After these two groups originally formed, the other Salamanders found it difficult to find their role. Though with time certain individuals found their paths as watchers and information gatherers, wanderers, and even Ambassadors to other lairs. Though as Seraphina taught us, it does not matter what ones markings or colors are, we as individuals choose what path we take in life."

Hatchery

FIRE BANNER BY OSIEM #30450;
Breed Requirements

Original Salamanders
Breed: Any
Primary Gene: Python
Secondary Gene: Morph
Tertiary Genes: Runes, Smirch, Glimmer, Underbelly, Opal
Color: All Fire

Evolved Salamanders
Primary Genes: Python, Speckle, Hex, Poison, Piebald
Secondary Genes: Morph, Freckle, Giraffe, Toxin
Colors: Fire or Carrot

*Speckle must be Fire

Ancient Salamanders
Breed: tba
Primary Gene: tba
Secondary Gene: tba
Tertiary Genes: tba
Color: tba

*For lore purposes only, Salamanders need to be hatched through warmth. Whether it is fire, hot sand, being near warm bodies, etc. it is up to you.
Breed Requirements

Original Salamanders
Primary Gene: Python
Secondary Gene: Morph
Color: All Fire

Evolved Salamanders
Primary Genes: Python, Speckle, Hex, Poison, Piebald
Secondary Genes: Morph, Freckle, Giraffe, Toxin
Colors: Fire or Carrot

*Speckle must be Fire

Ancient Salamanders
Breed: tba
Primary Gene: tba
Secondary Gene: tba
Tertiary Genes: tba
Color: tba

*For lore purposes only, Salamanders need to be hatched through warmth. Whether it is fire, hot sand, being near warm bodies, etc. it is up to you.
Salamander Banners
WIP
Salamander Banners
WIP
Registered Salamanders
Registered Salamanders
Affiliates
Affiliates
Bump
Bump
@MythMist I'd like to register two Evolved Salamanders! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/77043355][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/770434/77043355_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/77043356][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/770434/77043356_350.png[/img][/url]
@MythMist
I'd like to register two Evolved Salamanders!
77043355_350.png
77043356_350.png
tumblr_inline_nbaduayNyo1qg78ij.png Untitled310-20220420203721.png
LEpJMnn.png

dT9HQge.png
tumblr_inline_nbaduf8oZw1qg78ij.png