Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Interest Check - Fodder Rescue?
I'm a sucker for rescuing pretty or good-quality fodder hatchlings that would actually make decent adult dragons, but don't have the lair room. Still, I want to save these dragons from the fodder floor, so I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a Fodder Rescue dragon thread?

They would be cheap prices, depending on the fodder floor price and what I need to turn a small profit, and be pretty random based on what I find on a given day. What are your thoughts? Yes, no, maybe? Why/why not?
I'm a sucker for rescuing pretty or good-quality fodder hatchlings that would actually make decent adult dragons, but don't have the lair room. Still, I want to save these dragons from the fodder floor, so I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a Fodder Rescue dragon thread?

They would be cheap prices, depending on the fodder floor price and what I need to turn a small profit, and be pretty random based on what I find on a given day. What are your thoughts? Yes, no, maybe? Why/why not?
Check out The Carrefour Inn, an art exalt rescue!
Commission me at FancyFlier's Gijinka and Commission Corner!
Or take a peek at Thread and Shears Tailor Shop, a free-to-use outfit depository!
They/Them | GMT-4
I would be interested in being pinged when you rescue something, but I dont know how often I would buy.

Honestly I used to do the same thing. When I would be grabbing dragons to exalt or fodder out, I would come across dragons I thought were too pretty to exalt and would try to rehome.

After awhile though, I realized (personally, and this is just an opinion) that there are just too many dragons on the site, no matter how pretty and perfect they may be. I started recently only caring about special eyes, low digits, and gen1s now. Even this, however, is losing its touch with me as now I mainly want gen1s with special eyes or other super rare dragons.

Overpopulation makes a dragon worth far less to me, when I can go into the AH and get super pretty fodder dragons for 6kt.

You can also camp in the free dragon thread and get some very very nice dragons for free. A lot of my perma-dragons are all freebies.

TL;DR

Anyway, the point I am trying to make is that there may be very very small turn over so I would advise setting an exalt date per dragon so you are not holding onto fodder for too long for your own sake and sometimes people won't want to pay a bit more knowing you got the dragon for super cheap (silly I know, but it happens!)

If you pick up any special eyes, g1s, male coatl, or wildclaws feel free to ping me :)
I would be interested in being pinged when you rescue something, but I dont know how often I would buy.

Honestly I used to do the same thing. When I would be grabbing dragons to exalt or fodder out, I would come across dragons I thought were too pretty to exalt and would try to rehome.

After awhile though, I realized (personally, and this is just an opinion) that there are just too many dragons on the site, no matter how pretty and perfect they may be. I started recently only caring about special eyes, low digits, and gen1s now. Even this, however, is losing its touch with me as now I mainly want gen1s with special eyes or other super rare dragons.

Overpopulation makes a dragon worth far less to me, when I can go into the AH and get super pretty fodder dragons for 6kt.

You can also camp in the free dragon thread and get some very very nice dragons for free. A lot of my perma-dragons are all freebies.

TL;DR

Anyway, the point I am trying to make is that there may be very very small turn over so I would advise setting an exalt date per dragon so you are not holding onto fodder for too long for your own sake and sometimes people won't want to pay a bit more knowing you got the dragon for super cheap (silly I know, but it happens!)

If you pick up any special eyes, g1s, male coatl, or wildclaws feel free to ping me :)
8YiSfVe.png
G1s for sale
i'd say don't do it. one because i have trouble selling even my pretty hatchlings for slightly above fodder, so it's difficult time-wise (you'd probably just have even more trouble with lair space bc dragons can be hard to get rid of if you don't put them at fodder price), and two because i think every time i see projects like these, i can always see why the dragon was fodder to begin with. e.g. stuff like "this dragon's not fodder because it's a beautiful xxy with starcon/opal" or "xxx radioactive pintrail" when that's a perfect reason for a dragon to be fodder, because it's super common and overdone. that's not to say any dragon deserves to be exalted, 'cause i'd like to save them all myself, but we all have to be picky about what dragons we keep since there are just so many of them and a lot of them look very meh. a fodder rescue just seems like a fruitless task.

of course, if you're just doing it for fun or 'cause it makes you happy, then go for it! just as like, a profit or moral thing, it's not worthwhile imo. i only joined fr this year though so more experienced players probably have a better idea of things like this than i do
i'd say don't do it. one because i have trouble selling even my pretty hatchlings for slightly above fodder, so it's difficult time-wise (you'd probably just have even more trouble with lair space bc dragons can be hard to get rid of if you don't put them at fodder price), and two because i think every time i see projects like these, i can always see why the dragon was fodder to begin with. e.g. stuff like "this dragon's not fodder because it's a beautiful xxy with starcon/opal" or "xxx radioactive pintrail" when that's a perfect reason for a dragon to be fodder, because it's super common and overdone. that's not to say any dragon deserves to be exalted, 'cause i'd like to save them all myself, but we all have to be picky about what dragons we keep since there are just so many of them and a lot of them look very meh. a fodder rescue just seems like a fruitless task.

of course, if you're just doing it for fun or 'cause it makes you happy, then go for it! just as like, a profit or moral thing, it's not worthwhile imo. i only joined fr this year though so more experienced players probably have a better idea of things like this than i do
IMG-5103.jpg