Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [Subspecies] Harvest Spirits
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@rapunzels Oof, I just LOVE this subspecies [emoji=spiral love size=1] Actually bought two future Harvest Spirits and plan on breeding them once I regen their terts! As for my question, how would they try and court each other? Would they even consider having a mate who isn't a spirit?
@rapunzels Oof, I just LOVE this subspecies Actually bought two future Harvest Spirits and plan on breeding them once I regen their terts!

As for my question, how would they try and court each other? Would they even consider having a mate who isn't a spirit?
@etui Thank you!

Those are really neat ideas, I never considered some of those genes as being 'secretion' types. I would like each tert to be unique in its purpose/lore, so out of those I feel like smirch is the most befitting for a honey-like substance. It could also act as a 'sticky' web that traps the insects once they come close. There are a lot of potential for the others too!

For genes like opal (and maybe gembond), I thought that those might be more fitting for regional specific variants which I might get to at an indeterminable date. Flights like Arcane, Water, Ice, etc. have hyper specific environments that don't exactly fit the current image of harvest spirits. I feel like opal would be really nice for an arcane variant! These aren't hard rules yet ofc, just my image I guess haha. Let me know what you think~
@etui Thank you!

Those are really neat ideas, I never considered some of those genes as being 'secretion' types. I would like each tert to be unique in its purpose/lore, so out of those I feel like smirch is the most befitting for a honey-like substance. It could also act as a 'sticky' web that traps the insects once they come close. There are a lot of potential for the others too!

For genes like opal (and maybe gembond), I thought that those might be more fitting for regional specific variants which I might get to at an indeterminable date. Flights like Arcane, Water, Ice, etc. have hyper specific environments that don't exactly fit the current image of harvest spirits. I feel like opal would be really nice for an arcane variant! These aren't hard rules yet ofc, just my image I guess haha. Let me know what you think~
7U4W5VA.png
@MissingLetter Oh, that is an interesting question! When it comes to interspecies mating/courting, harvest spirits clans exhibit a gift-giving culture. Harvest spirits engage in a weeklong series of gift exchanges that become progressively more valuable as time progresses (by their standards, at least--they certainly have no interest in gold, gems, or fancy apparel). These are initiated by the first interested party regardless of gender, and the courting week begins once the recipient of the first gift reciprocates with a gift of their own. At any time if a gift is not reciprocated during this 7 day period, the courting ritual ends and cannot start again until the next season. The final gift is typically the best fruit/vegetable/etc. from the garden patch or a meal made using it; as such, the most "romantic" season for these creatures is during their harvests--for typical environments and crops, this means autumn, but of course it ranges. For example, Dotori initiated her courting with Hobak with a simple gift of a yellow daisy flower, and ended it with an acorn-squash breakfast porridge. Once Hobak accepted the first gift, he reciprocated all of his gifts each day and ended by giving her the largest pumpkin from his patch. Relationships are not lifelong. Even if they are already mated, harvest spirits may initiate another gift exchange period with another, thereby ending their current relationship. (This makes for a lot of drama in larger harvest spirit communities! [emoji=spiral scared size=1]) As for interspecies mating and courting, not much is currently known about these relationships. It is certainly difficult considering the difference in intelligence between typical Sornieth dragons and harvest spirits, but not impossible. Harvest spirits in these relationships would likely be abnormally intelligent and definitely "matured," i.e. nearing almost 50~60 years old. Due to their small stature it is would be difficult to reproduce with other dragons; as such, we have yet to record a half-spirit creature. Thank you for asking. Sending a gift your way! [b]Also[/b] your harvest spirits are adorable and I love their outfits. Let me know when they are gened up and I will register them right away!
@MissingLetter Oh, that is an interesting question!

When it comes to interspecies mating/courting, harvest spirits clans exhibit a gift-giving culture. Harvest spirits engage in a weeklong series of gift exchanges that become progressively more valuable as time progresses (by their standards, at least--they certainly have no interest in gold, gems, or fancy apparel). These are initiated by the first interested party regardless of gender, and the courting week begins once the recipient of the first gift reciprocates with a gift of their own. At any time if a gift is not reciprocated during this 7 day period, the courting ritual ends and cannot start again until the next season. The final gift is typically the best fruit/vegetable/etc. from the garden patch or a meal made using it; as such, the most "romantic" season for these creatures is during their harvests--for typical environments and crops, this means autumn, but of course it ranges.

For example, Dotori initiated her courting with Hobak with a simple gift of a yellow daisy flower, and ended it with an acorn-squash breakfast porridge. Once Hobak accepted the first gift, he reciprocated all of his gifts each day and ended by giving her the largest pumpkin from his patch.

Relationships are not lifelong. Even if they are already mated, harvest spirits may initiate another gift exchange period with another, thereby ending their current relationship. (This makes for a lot of drama in larger harvest spirit communities! )

As for interspecies mating and courting, not much is currently known about these relationships. It is certainly difficult considering the difference in intelligence between typical Sornieth dragons and harvest spirits, but not impossible. Harvest spirits in these relationships would likely be abnormally intelligent and definitely "matured," i.e. nearing almost 50~60 years old. Due to their small stature it is would be difficult to reproduce with other dragons; as such, we have yet to record a half-spirit creature.

Thank you for asking. Sending a gift your way!

Also your harvest spirits are adorable and I love their outfits. Let me know when they are gened up and I will register them right away!
7U4W5VA.png
@rapunzels It just so happens I have [s]gened up[/s] come across two Harvest Spirits with the Stained gene. Currently unsure as to what to put for their unique behaviors though. [b]Variant Name:[/b] Nakai [b]Genes:[/b] Wasp/Rosette/Stained [b]Color Range:[/b] Greens/Yellows/Greens [b]Flight:[/b] Shadow [b]Unique Behaviors:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54194709] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/541948/54194709_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Variant Name:[/b] Ryair [b]Genes:[/b] Wasp/Rosette/Stained [b]Color Range:[/b] Greens/Yellows/Greens [b]Flight:[/b] Plague [b]Unique Behaviors:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54294165] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/542942/54294165_350.png[/img] [/url] I have plans to breed these two, so all their hatchlings will be Shadow.

@rapunzels

It just so happens I have gened up come across two Harvest Spirits with the Stained gene. Currently unsure as to what to put for their unique behaviors though.

Variant Name: Nakai
Genes: Wasp/Rosette/Stained
Color Range: Greens/Yellows/Greens
Flight: Shadow
Unique Behaviors:

54194709_350.png

Variant Name: Ryair
Genes: Wasp/Rosette/Stained
Color Range: Greens/Yellows/Greens
Flight: Plague
Unique Behaviors:

54294165_350.png

I have plans to breed these two, so all their hatchlings will be Shadow.
mlHpBMC.png
2SPT1Mh.png
z8s5c34.png
zNcyhot.png
1YB0OjO.png
IclPr1q.png
5hBWBxN.png
qjxrAwx.png
Starset-sig.png
Dragon Cave Beasties
MagiStream Creatures

If there are any hatchlings and/or eggs,
please click them to help them grow!
@Drakaneal Wow, they are super nice with that wasp/rosette combo. [emoji=spiral star size=1] You don't necessarily have to use that form unless you would like to make an entire variant, and since they already fit the designated scheme except for stained, I think we should just figure out some stained lore to add to tertiaries. Thank you though!! I imagine that their elements (shadow and plague) and your clan (shadow) would have quite a lot of environmental threats when it comes to natural plant needs like sunlight, soil quality, etc. Perhaps their darker stained tert reflects this--harvest spirits with unhealthy and/or abandoned gardens? If you're not into sad lore then we might figure something else out though. Feel free to suggest your ideas even if they are wildly different than mine, LOL. I made this subspecies with the intent to incorporate other users' brains! [emoji=spiral winking size=1]
@Drakaneal Wow, they are super nice with that wasp/rosette combo. You don't necessarily have to use that form unless you would like to make an entire variant, and since they already fit the designated scheme except for stained, I think we should just figure out some stained lore to add to tertiaries. Thank you though!!

I imagine that their elements (shadow and plague) and your clan (shadow) would have quite a lot of environmental threats when it comes to natural plant needs like sunlight, soil quality, etc. Perhaps their darker stained tert reflects this--harvest spirits with unhealthy and/or abandoned gardens? If you're not into sad lore then we might figure something else out though. Feel free to suggest your ideas even if they are wildly different than mine, LOL. I made this subspecies with the intent to incorporate other users' brains!

7U4W5VA.png

@rapunzels

D:

That's my bad I misread the form.

Oooo. I do like that. I'm a big sucker for tragic/sad lore

@rapunzels

D:

That's my bad I misread the form.

Oooo. I do like that. I'm a big sucker for tragic/sad lore
mlHpBMC.png
2SPT1Mh.png
z8s5c34.png
zNcyhot.png
1YB0OjO.png
IclPr1q.png
5hBWBxN.png
qjxrAwx.png
Starset-sig.png
Dragon Cave Beasties
MagiStream Creatures

If there are any hatchlings and/or eggs,
please click them to help them grow!
@Drakaneal sounds good! I'll add some official lore tonight/tomorrow; feel free to add any buttons/etc. to their bios and I'll go ahead and register them. Thanks again for joining!! [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
@Drakaneal sounds good! I'll add some official lore tonight/tomorrow; feel free to add any buttons/etc. to their bios and I'll go ahead and register them. Thanks again for joining!!
7U4W5VA.png
Bump! I'll end the Q&A before rollover. [emoji=ivy leaf size=1]
Bump! I'll end the Q&A before rollover.
7U4W5VA.png
@rapunzels Hello again! I [s]bought[/s] came across this girl today because I really wanted a Spring Primary Harvest Spirit after seeing that girl on page 2, she's beautiful but her tert is Glimmer- is that possible? Perhaps as opposed to the Capsule insect hunters, the Glimmer ones specialize in luring in birds because of their similarity to shiny bugs...? [emoji= spiral happy] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45700242] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/457003/45700242_350.png[/img] [/url][/center]
@rapunzels

Hello again! I bought came across this girl today because I really wanted a Spring Primary Harvest Spirit after seeing that girl on page 2, she's beautiful but her tert is Glimmer- is that possible? Perhaps as opposed to the Capsule insect hunters, the Glimmer ones specialize in luring in birds because of their similarity to shiny bugs...?
zKbDqwS.gif
@LuneLight My apologies, I have been busier than I expected at work and preparing to move out. Sorry I couldn't get to this sooner! There will definitely be upcoming lore for Glimmer as I have my own lady with it. Certainly bird-related lore would be the most fitting, perhaps something related to how birds seek to pick up "shiny" things to collect for their nest? Therefore spirits with glimmer would maybe act more as kind of scarecrow-like beings, perhaps in crops with larger areas like corn, rice paddies, etc. etc.? I'm realizing my actual knowledge of farming is quite limited, but hey, it's a dragon website... [emoji=spiral tongue size=1] And that girl is absolutely [b]gorgeous[/b], wow!! [emoji=spiral star size=1] I'll register her ASAP along with the others. Sending you a little gift for your help + enthusiasm! And the Q&A is now [b]over[/b]. I'll probably hold another next month, but in the meantime feel free to ask questions and brainstorm (though I won't be able to officially add much in the next few weeks due to offline commitments). As a note for myself, I need to add lore tidbits for [b]Smirch[/b], [b]Stained,[/b] and [b]Glimmer[/b].
@LuneLight My apologies, I have been busier than I expected at work and preparing to move out. Sorry I couldn't get to this sooner!

There will definitely be upcoming lore for Glimmer as I have my own lady with it. Certainly bird-related lore would be the most fitting, perhaps something related to how birds seek to pick up "shiny" things to collect for their nest? Therefore spirits with glimmer would maybe act more as kind of scarecrow-like beings, perhaps in crops with larger areas like corn, rice paddies, etc. etc.? I'm realizing my actual knowledge of farming is quite limited, but hey, it's a dragon website...

And that girl is absolutely gorgeous, wow!! I'll register her ASAP along with the others.

Sending you a little gift for your help + enthusiasm!

And the Q&A is now over. I'll probably hold another next month, but in the meantime feel free to ask questions and brainstorm (though I won't be able to officially add much in the next few weeks due to offline commitments).

As a note for myself, I need to add lore tidbits for Smirch, Stained, and Glimmer.
7U4W5VA.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10