Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Swedish Character in a Dragon Name
Hello! I recently got this girl. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53165538] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/531656/53165538_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] But I'm in a bit of a pickle! I want to name her Mångata, which is as I understand it a Swedish word that refers to the reflection of the moon on water. Flight Rising, however, does not like the "å" character. What would be the correct way to modify this word so that it is still easily identifiable as what it is meant to be, without tripping Flight Rising's rules against special characters in dragon names?
Hello! I recently got this girl.

But I'm in a bit of a pickle! I want to name her Mångata, which is as I understand it a Swedish word that refers to the reflection of the moon on water. Flight Rising, however, does not like the "å" character. What would be the correct way to modify this word so that it is still easily identifiable as what it is meant to be, without tripping Flight Rising's rules against special characters in dragon names?
doFoi94.png
hi! i've got a few dragons whose names are supposed to have special characters (ö, á, ú, etc) and i just name them w/ the un-accented english version of the letter and make a note in their bios with the correct spelling and pronunciation in the original language.

and i'm not fluent in swedish (tho my mom was raised there & passed on some of the culture), but i've commonly seen 'å' anglicized as 'a' or 'o' depending on what sounds best w/ the word in question, if that helps?
hi! i've got a few dragons whose names are supposed to have special characters (ö, á, ú, etc) and i just name them w/ the un-accented english version of the letter and make a note in their bios with the correct spelling and pronunciation in the original language.

and i'm not fluent in swedish (tho my mom was raised there & passed on some of the culture), but i've commonly seen 'å' anglicized as 'a' or 'o' depending on what sounds best w/ the word in question, if that helps?

dreamlogic |
they/he |
FR+1 |
sales tab |
wishlist |
HBn6uXZ.gif
@Dreamlogic That all makes sense! Thank you for your advice!
@Dreamlogic That all makes sense! Thank you for your advice!
doFoi94.png