Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Done
1 2 3
- You do not have to ping me, I'm subscribed -

Hey there!

I've been trying to start on my lore for quite a while, but I've gone through myriads of dragons in search of the ones who I think are really lore-worthy. At this point, it seems I've found the first of several dragons that fit this description for me; however, I'm pretty horrible with coming up with roles for my dragons.

All of my current lore dragons are dressed, or have dress ups in progress, except for the last few who I have only just acquired. I figure that that could help inspire others when helping with roles, haha.

None of my lore has actually been written as I've been trying to come up with roles (Which may be in reverse to how I'm supposed to go about this *shrugs*)
- You do not have to ping me, I'm subscribed -

Hey there!

I've been trying to start on my lore for quite a while, but I've gone through myriads of dragons in search of the ones who I think are really lore-worthy. At this point, it seems I've found the first of several dragons that fit this description for me; however, I'm pretty horrible with coming up with roles for my dragons.

All of my current lore dragons are dressed, or have dress ups in progress, except for the last few who I have only just acquired. I figure that that could help inspire others when helping with roles, haha.

None of my lore has actually been written as I've been trying to come up with roles (Which may be in reverse to how I'm supposed to go about this *shrugs*)
TBmRRMw.pngO930dUy.pngdCLrh1t.pngRavenswood HatcheryFile Island Hatchery
Ok lemme give this a crack...

Ceres definitely looks like an astronomer to me! (Or an astrologer if she's into the more mystical aspects of space.) Plus, her name fits perfectly! I believe Ceres is a dwarf planet between Mars and Jupiter. Lura seems like she could play a similar role too, maybe as an apprentice/mentor/assistant?

Iris could be some kind of druid able to commune with nature, or a forest dwelling hermit that young hatchlings make up stories about.

IDK I'm really bad at this T-T
Ok lemme give this a crack...

Ceres definitely looks like an astronomer to me! (Or an astrologer if she's into the more mystical aspects of space.) Plus, her name fits perfectly! I believe Ceres is a dwarf planet between Mars and Jupiter. Lura seems like she could play a similar role too, maybe as an apprentice/mentor/assistant?

Iris could be some kind of druid able to commune with nature, or a forest dwelling hermit that young hatchlings make up stories about.

IDK I'm really bad at this T-T

xGlDaru.png
bottle.gif
Also Ragnar definitely looks like a seafaring swashbuckler to me. Maybe an ex-pirate, or just really really wants to be a pirate so he dresses like one?
Also Ragnar definitely looks like a seafaring swashbuckler to me. Maybe an ex-pirate, or just really really wants to be a pirate so he dresses like one?

xGlDaru.png
bottle.gif
I thought up some roles and bits of description. Hope some of it leads you to inspiration. Some of it's a bit silly and some of it's on the slightly more serious side :)

Jupiter: He's a super spooky ghost who haunts the clan library, but doesn't really hurt other dragons. However, he sometimes whispers major plot spoilers into the ears of innocent dragons just trying to read fiction in peace.

Ceres: She was born into nobility, but was always a bit quirky compared to her siblings. She dabbles in all sorts of dark magic and mysticism, probably too openly for her own good, and braver dragons will seek her out to hear their fortunes told.

Erebus: He was a relatively famous actor back in the Tangled Wood. It was such a shame how he was always getting typecast as a bad guy. Perfectly nice guy out of character, but he plays the part of the scheming villain scarily well.

Iris: A very sweet and kind novice witch, very in touch with the natural world. She's convinced that her powers ebb and flow with the changing of the seasons, and that when autumn turns to winter in the Sunbeam Ruins her powers will be at their peak.

Ragnar: A kindly, if a bit rough, retired sea captain. It's been rumored that his prized ship (a wreck, now) was made from wood from the Behemoth itself.

Marisol: A vibrant storyteller and a child at heart who loves entertaining the clan's hatchlings. She's always been creative and clever, telling fireside tales ever since she was a hatchling herself.

Iclyn: A quietly haunted prisoner who's escaped from the Southern Icefield. She's a bit strange and disconnected from the world, almost as if she's seen some things that weren't meant to be seen. Those things may or may not have become a part of her.

Acantha: A brave, enthusiastic explorer and researcher. She goes deep into unfamiliar territory in an attempt to catalogue flora and fauna previously unknown to dragonkind. Sometimes she even brings back live specimens for her mate.

Seamus: Self-proclaimed Master of Festivities. He celebrates every holiday with equal enthusiasm, makes sure the clan is in a cheerful mood, and collects festival currency to bring to Joxar every month.

Lura: Clan's resident fashion designer and stylist. Daring and edgy. Once she worked as an intern for the Stormcatcher, but that was dreadfully boring and the constant shouts of GET BACK TO WORK were obnoxious, so she quit.

Misha: Peacekeeper who regularly visits allied Beastclans (if your clan has any; if not, other dragon clans.) An open and non-judgemental type.

Ruta: A translator who's never far away from Misha. She knows how to speak Fae and Coatl as well as some native Harpy and Longneck dialects.

Cullen: Captain of the Lord and Lady's guard. He helps keep birds in his spare time and it's no secret that he absolutely adores his feathered friends. He's not especially worried others will realize he's a big softie.

Bonnie: A survival expert, clever and cautious, but with a funny side. It's scary how well-prepared she is for basically any natural disaster or survival situation.

Mani: A real trickster type and a "student" of the magical arts. Others tend to assume he's from the Shadow Flight, but they tend not to make that mistake for long. Not after they've been caught in one of his antigravity hexes...

Nott: A traveling prophet of sorts. She's always speaking of the end of times or the beginning of a new era, and she knows how to capture a crowd's attention.

Bran: The coroner. He's a bit creepy to say the least... and does he know it. He loves to make jokes about his intimidating appearance. But some say that he uses those jokes to obscure the truth hiding in plain sight: he sells corpse parts to the clan's necromancer. That's only a rumor, though, right?
I thought up some roles and bits of description. Hope some of it leads you to inspiration. Some of it's a bit silly and some of it's on the slightly more serious side :)

Jupiter: He's a super spooky ghost who haunts the clan library, but doesn't really hurt other dragons. However, he sometimes whispers major plot spoilers into the ears of innocent dragons just trying to read fiction in peace.

Ceres: She was born into nobility, but was always a bit quirky compared to her siblings. She dabbles in all sorts of dark magic and mysticism, probably too openly for her own good, and braver dragons will seek her out to hear their fortunes told.

Erebus: He was a relatively famous actor back in the Tangled Wood. It was such a shame how he was always getting typecast as a bad guy. Perfectly nice guy out of character, but he plays the part of the scheming villain scarily well.

Iris: A very sweet and kind novice witch, very in touch with the natural world. She's convinced that her powers ebb and flow with the changing of the seasons, and that when autumn turns to winter in the Sunbeam Ruins her powers will be at their peak.

Ragnar: A kindly, if a bit rough, retired sea captain. It's been rumored that his prized ship (a wreck, now) was made from wood from the Behemoth itself.

Marisol: A vibrant storyteller and a child at heart who loves entertaining the clan's hatchlings. She's always been creative and clever, telling fireside tales ever since she was a hatchling herself.

Iclyn: A quietly haunted prisoner who's escaped from the Southern Icefield. She's a bit strange and disconnected from the world, almost as if she's seen some things that weren't meant to be seen. Those things may or may not have become a part of her.

Acantha: A brave, enthusiastic explorer and researcher. She goes deep into unfamiliar territory in an attempt to catalogue flora and fauna previously unknown to dragonkind. Sometimes she even brings back live specimens for her mate.

Seamus: Self-proclaimed Master of Festivities. He celebrates every holiday with equal enthusiasm, makes sure the clan is in a cheerful mood, and collects festival currency to bring to Joxar every month.

Lura: Clan's resident fashion designer and stylist. Daring and edgy. Once she worked as an intern for the Stormcatcher, but that was dreadfully boring and the constant shouts of GET BACK TO WORK were obnoxious, so she quit.

Misha: Peacekeeper who regularly visits allied Beastclans (if your clan has any; if not, other dragon clans.) An open and non-judgemental type.

Ruta: A translator who's never far away from Misha. She knows how to speak Fae and Coatl as well as some native Harpy and Longneck dialects.

Cullen: Captain of the Lord and Lady's guard. He helps keep birds in his spare time and it's no secret that he absolutely adores his feathered friends. He's not especially worried others will realize he's a big softie.

Bonnie: A survival expert, clever and cautious, but with a funny side. It's scary how well-prepared she is for basically any natural disaster or survival situation.

Mani: A real trickster type and a "student" of the magical arts. Others tend to assume he's from the Shadow Flight, but they tend not to make that mistake for long. Not after they've been caught in one of his antigravity hexes...

Nott: A traveling prophet of sorts. She's always speaking of the end of times or the beginning of a new era, and she knows how to capture a crowd's attention.

Bran: The coroner. He's a bit creepy to say the least... and does he know it. He loves to make jokes about his intimidating appearance. But some say that he uses those jokes to obscure the truth hiding in plain sight: he sells corpse parts to the clan's necromancer. That's only a rumor, though, right?
8ZHLRVU.png

ELPHAEL
...he/they...
FR time + 3
I6jEjhp.png x OHvqVtK.png

TLcyt8d.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24956791] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/249568/24956791_350.png[/img] [/url] This guy? He used to be a pirate(duh) BUT he’s hung up his hat metaphorically and “retired” owning a (seaside?) bar, maybe an inn technically since it has rooms but most patrons just come to drink and share tales about the sea and adventures . Secretly the bar is a front for him running his feet from a safe location after an asassination attempt was made on him by a rival. He also uses the bar to launder money and have some unscrupulous side “businesses” running from inside the bar. Probably uses magic of some sort to communicate with the ships far out at sea? He runs the joint like he’d run a ship and in nearly every corner of the place is hidden pistols and swords that only he knows about, now low key paranoid.

24956791_350.png

This guy? He used to be a pirate(duh) BUT he’s hung up his hat metaphorically and “retired” owning a (seaside?) bar, maybe an inn technically since it has rooms but most patrons just come to drink and share tales about the sea and adventures . Secretly the bar is a front for him running his feet from a safe location after an asassination attempt was made on him by a rival. He also uses the bar to launder money and have some unscrupulous side “businesses” running from inside the bar. Probably uses magic of some sort to communicate with the ships far out at sea? He runs the joint like he’d run a ship and in nearly every corner of the place is hidden pistols and swords that only he knows about, now low key paranoid.
~She/her~
Don't be afraid to ping me
nature_small.png #UnnamedIsValid
Let them fight!
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28537554] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/285376/28537554_350.png[/img] [/url] Erebus, despite living in a Light Clan, still feels the call of the Shadowbinder and her magic still effects and calls him to this day. After struggling to reconcile the duality of his current life as a creature of the shadows walking in the light he has decided to make the best of his skills and acts as a guide through the Tangled Wood whenever a member of his clan needs to enter for any reason. Several gathering expeditions would have turned quite sour if he and his lanterns had not been there to guide the way. However, the more time he spent in the Tangled Wood the more the Shadowbinder's magic began to twist his physical form; fungus began sprouting from his flank, his teeth grew more jagged, and his features became more and more monstrous. It was only through the help of several healers that the process was stopped, but could not be reversed. Erebus has since taken these changes in stride as he continues to guide members of his clan through Shadow Flight territory and uses his appearance to blend in with the locals and to ward off troublemakers.

28537554_350.png

Erebus, despite living in a Light Clan, still feels the call of the Shadowbinder and her magic still effects and calls him to this day. After struggling to reconcile the duality of his current life as a creature of the shadows walking in the light he has decided to make the best of his skills and acts as a guide through the Tangled Wood whenever a member of his clan needs to enter for any reason. Several gathering expeditions would have turned quite sour if he and his lanterns had not been there to guide the way. However, the more time he spent in the Tangled Wood the more the Shadowbinder's magic began to twist his physical form; fungus began sprouting from his flank, his teeth grew more jagged, and his features became more and more monstrous. It was only through the help of several healers that the process was stopped, but could not be reversed. Erebus has since taken these changes in stride as he continues to guide members of his clan through Shadow Flight territory and uses his appearance to blend in with the locals and to ward off troublemakers.
FR+3
I can see Ceres being a Astronomer!
I can see Ceres being a Astronomer!
tumblr_nipdirWg6m1qd5j5ro2_500.gif
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38210613] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/382107/38210613_350.png[/img] [/url] Morrigan works in the clan as a funerary priestess and her services are , thankfully, not usually needed. She usually spends her time anointing those who have been chosen for the high honor of being exalted to the Lightweaver's service (or current deity of the lair), overseeing ceremonies and festivals that involve the deities, and meditating on the purpose of her works. When these daily activities are completed she collects herbs to burn in incense as well as help her fellow clansmen (clansdergs? classmates?) with their chores. She sees herself as in the role of a public servant and still carries the habit of calling her superiors "Boss".

38210613_350.png

Morrigan works in the clan as a funerary priestess and her services are , thankfully, not usually needed. She usually spends her time anointing those who have been chosen for the high honor of being exalted to the Lightweaver's service (or current deity of the lair), overseeing ceremonies and festivals that involve the deities, and meditating on the purpose of her works. When these daily activities are completed she collects herbs to burn in incense as well as help her fellow clansmen (clansdergs? classmates?) with their chores. She sees herself as in the role of a public servant and still carries the habit of calling her superiors "Boss".
FR+3
@Cawfee
No problem, your dragons are really fun to make lore for!
@Cawfee
No problem, your dragons are really fun to make lore for!
FR+3
Mani would probably make a nice necromancer or some sort of mage?
Mani would probably make a nice necromancer or some sort of mage?
1 2 3