Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Costume Contest | CLOSED
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
[center]@PalladiumX [b]Your Username:[/b] Ghoulcats [b]Category:[/b] Spooky [b]Costume:[/b] Ghost [b]Brief Explanation:[/b] him a spooky ghost! that's really it tbh [b]Dragon’s Image:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35469477] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/354695/35469477_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Your Username:[/b] Ghoulcats [b]Category:[/b] Spooky [b]Costume:[/b] Ghost Hunter [b]Brief Explanation:[/b] he's hunting ghosts with his gloomwillow sidekick! [b]Dragon’s Image:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33629238] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/336293/33629238_350.png[/img] [/url]
@PalladiumX

Your Username: Ghoulcats
Category: Spooky
Costume: Ghost
Brief Explanation: him a spooky ghost! that's really it tbh
Dragon’s Image:

35469477_350.png

Your Username: Ghoulcats
Category: Spooky
Costume: Ghost Hunter
Brief Explanation: he's hunting ghosts with his gloomwillow sidekick!
Dragon’s Image:

33629238_350.png
tumblr_pweh88zXsX1tb42gdo1_500.png
@PalladiumX Your Username: kaylavarnell4736 Category: Masquerade Costume: Water King Brief Explanation: He's the king and water representative of my lair. Dragon’s Image:[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26049172] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/260492/26049172_350.png[/img] [/url]
@PalladiumX

Your Username: kaylavarnell4736
Category: Masquerade
Costume: Water King
Brief Explanation: He's the king and water representative of my lair.
Dragon’s Image:
26049172_350.png
*B.R Hatchery*

Wishlist: By Item

Wishlist: By Dragon
To Find a Dragon-ers: Please ping even if you aren't interested! :)
@MurkyDepths

Entries are going to be judged based on the choice of dragon, the choice of apparel & accents and the presentation of the costume. This includes how the costume itself looks and whether or not it looks like what it's supposed to represent.

And yeah, I've seen a lot of costume contests where the skincent is the main factor in choosing winners. Essentially, I'm judging the costume as a whole with consideration to all the components.

Sorry I didn't get to your question sooner.
@MurkyDepths

Entries are going to be judged based on the choice of dragon, the choice of apparel & accents and the presentation of the costume. This includes how the costume itself looks and whether or not it looks like what it's supposed to represent.

And yeah, I've seen a lot of costume contests where the skincent is the main factor in choosing winners. Essentially, I'm judging the costume as a whole with consideration to all the components.

Sorry I didn't get to your question sooner.
If I don't win at least a place i'm going to give him more of everything I find fitting
If I don't win at least a place i'm going to give him more of everything I find fitting
fjRdLnt.png
[center][b]Your Username:[/b] Delirium [b]Do you want to be on a ping list?:[/b] Yes, please. [b]Category:[/b] Spooky [b]Costume:[/b] Apparition [b]Brief Explanation:[/b] Apparitions are commonly known as spirits or ghosts. They are the manifestations of energy in a form that resembles a living being, though the creature is obviously not living. This dragon can be no other than an apparition, with her ghastly, midnight glow and eerie appearance. Her levitating candles appear to be dripping wax all over the floor... [b]Dragon’s Image:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24684485] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/246845/24684485_350.png[/img] [/url] [/center]
Your Username:

Delirium

Do you want to be on a ping list?:

Yes, please.

Category:

Spooky

Costume:

Apparition

Brief Explanation:

Apparitions are commonly known as spirits or ghosts. They are the manifestations of energy in a form that resembles a living being, though the creature is obviously not living.

This dragon can be no other than an apparition, with her ghastly, midnight glow and eerie appearance. Her levitating candles appear to be dripping wax all over the floor...

Dragon’s Image:

24684485_350.png
Del
She / Her
Hey Everyone! I know I didn't get to post the flash challenge over the weekend. The last few weeks have been really tough for me IRL. So, our flash challenge is essentially a "mini contest", lasting until 23:59 FR time tonight.

The theme for the flash challenge is "Familiar Matching". So pick a dragon and dress them to match a FR familiar. The winner will receive 50 All-seeing Shrooms & 25 gems.

The rules are pretty much the same except that you will also need to include a short story on how they "became a familiar". These entries will be judged not only on how closely your dragon matches the familiar, but the short story you include with it. How you choose to write it is up to you.

Of course, please do not use the "familiar skins/accents". You can dress your dragons as those familiars, I only ask that you refrain from using these particular skins.

@Runewander @Smoothy @RainbowServal @FelixMcTrashy @Touhou @kyrin18 @kaylavarnell4736 @Lemonsinasoup @Skydust @basicblack1986 @Festival @Innkeep @Margoyle @Cynictis @Lallie @Fllygon @Guineapigsfly @MurkyDepths @Napoleanofcrime @NinaOsp @Adamanta @DrakenHart @SapphyreL @Phoenyxx @Zombrie @Ghoulcats @Delirium @Johan
Hey Everyone! I know I didn't get to post the flash challenge over the weekend. The last few weeks have been really tough for me IRL. So, our flash challenge is essentially a "mini contest", lasting until 23:59 FR time tonight.

The theme for the flash challenge is "Familiar Matching". So pick a dragon and dress them to match a FR familiar. The winner will receive 50 All-seeing Shrooms & 25 gems.

The rules are pretty much the same except that you will also need to include a short story on how they "became a familiar". These entries will be judged not only on how closely your dragon matches the familiar, but the short story you include with it. How you choose to write it is up to you.

Of course, please do not use the "familiar skins/accents". You can dress your dragons as those familiars, I only ask that you refrain from using these particular skins.

@Runewander @Smoothy @RainbowServal @FelixMcTrashy @Touhou @kyrin18 @kaylavarnell4736 @Lemonsinasoup @Skydust @basicblack1986 @Festival @Innkeep @Margoyle @Cynictis @Lallie @Fllygon @Guineapigsfly @MurkyDepths @Napoleanofcrime @NinaOsp @Adamanta @DrakenHart @SapphyreL @Phoenyxx @Zombrie @Ghoulcats @Delirium @Johan
@PalladiumX [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30078370] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/300784/30078370_350.png[/img] [/url] Ligeia darted across the wet landscape. He almost seemed to float, his feet barely touching the ground and having very little weight for such a massive dragon. It was raining, but the droplets passed right through him. Such luxuries were only for the living, or the corpses. Eyes darting, searching for new prey, he spotted a group of hiking dragons. This mountainous region was popular for sightseers even in the most dreary weather. He sidled up to one standing near a cliff face. He dwarfed the fae but she didn't notice him. Ligiea clenched his teeth in frustration - he wanted to shout and startle her, but they never heard him, not unless... 'You should jump...' he whispered The fae flicked her frills and suddenly looked uncomfortable, she peered down into the depths, shook her head and walked away. Even when they could hear him, they never listened. Frustrated, Ligeia swooped further into the valley towards a loch. He had so little impact now. Down below there were horses, and he had to wonder what feeling physical felt like. It was hard to remember. But perhaps, in his current form, he could take over the minds of lesser beings...it was worth a shot. He phased into a dark grey stallion. He couldn't quite feel reality, but he could control this one. It felt powerful. He urged it to run and bray, accidentally attracting the attention of some young dragons living in a house nearby. They wondered closer with curiosity. Prey. Ligeia made the horse trot slowly toward them with friendly eyes. The young dragons - two mirror boys, looked at it in awe. Slowly they came to him to pet the soft grey coat. Ligeia walked it closer to the lake and they followed. One of the mirrors was staring into his eyes suspiciously, but the other was enraptured with the tame wild horse. Only a few more steps... To the wary mirror boy, there was a great rush of noise and sudden, dreadful, silence. He stood in the valley alone. His brother was gone. He'd seen the horse turn with sharp teeth, it had grabbed his brother, it had leapt for the water. The boy screamed and rushed to the waters edge but there was nothing but faint ripples in the black, cold, water. A few bubbles rose to the surface, then nothing. He ran home sobbing, too afraid to do anything else. Later, his parents would mourn their lost child, and wonder if they'd been wrong to tell their children that Kelpie's weren't real. [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/21131.png[/img] (Ligeia has some short lore if you'd like some backstory! He's a bit of a siren)
@PalladiumX

30078370_350.png

Ligeia darted across the wet landscape. He almost seemed to float, his feet barely touching the ground and having very little weight for such a massive dragon. It was raining, but the droplets passed right through him. Such luxuries were only for the living, or the corpses. Eyes darting, searching for new prey, he spotted a group of hiking dragons. This mountainous region was popular for sightseers even in the most dreary weather.

He sidled up to one standing near a cliff face. He dwarfed the fae but she didn't notice him. Ligiea clenched his teeth in frustration - he wanted to shout and startle her, but they never heard him, not unless...

'You should jump...' he whispered

The fae flicked her frills and suddenly looked uncomfortable, she peered down into the depths, shook her head and walked away. Even when they could hear him, they never listened.

Frustrated, Ligeia swooped further into the valley towards a loch. He had so little impact now. Down below there were horses, and he had to wonder what feeling physical felt like. It was hard to remember. But perhaps, in his current form, he could take over the minds of lesser beings...it was worth a shot.

He phased into a dark grey stallion. He couldn't quite feel reality, but he could control this one. It felt powerful. He urged it to run and bray, accidentally attracting the attention of some young dragons living in a house nearby. They wondered closer with curiosity.

Prey.

Ligeia made the horse trot slowly toward them with friendly eyes. The young dragons - two mirror boys, looked at it in awe. Slowly they came to him to pet the soft grey coat. Ligeia walked it closer to the lake and they followed. One of the mirrors was staring into his eyes suspiciously, but the other was enraptured with the tame wild horse. Only a few more steps...

To the wary mirror boy, there was a great rush of noise and sudden, dreadful, silence. He stood in the valley alone. His brother was gone. He'd seen the horse turn with sharp teeth, it had grabbed his brother, it had leapt for the water. The boy screamed and rushed to the waters edge but there was nothing but faint ripples in the black, cold, water. A few bubbles rose to the surface, then nothing. He ran home sobbing, too afraid to do anything else. Later, his parents would mourn their lost child, and wonder if they'd been wrong to tell their children that Kelpie's weren't real.

21131.png

(Ligeia has some short lore if you'd like some backstory! He's a bit of a siren)
xu283Kp.gif...3qZ2TWJ.gif1328MiZ.gifOipIF0J.gif....7F3QtXR.gif
@PalladiumX Wasn't sure if needed to be in this format, so I put it in this format just in case. [b]Your Username:[/b] Skydust [b]Do you want to be on a ping list?:[/b] Already am lol, I've entered the main contest. [b]Category:[/b] Flash Challenge [b]Costume:[/b] Zalis [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/10226.png[/img] [b]Brief Explanation:[/b] Fensalir became a Zalis by way of her own hubris. She was once quite beautiful, dressed in Pristine Rose thorn apparel and with a wonderful singing voice to boot. However, she was very vain and did not like to associate with the others in the Lair of Many References. Many saw this as a major offence. They pleaded with the local shaman, Belladonna, and her daughter, Amara, to find some way of dialling back Fenni's haughtiness. The Nightshade Duo worked for a long time, and had many setbacks, but finally the transmutation potion was ready. It was delivered to Fensalir in a perfume bottle one night, the words 'From a Secret Admirer' written on a small, silver label attached at the neck. Fenni immediately sprayed some on, revelling in the sweet scent of the forest. She was so over the moon that someone was FINALLY getting her superiority, and she began to sing. As she sung, however, her soft dulcet tones became harsher, almost like the caw of a sobbing crow. She also began to shrink and sprout dark blue and aqua feathers all over her illustrious scales. No sooner had she begun singing had she taken to the sky and roosted in a nearby tree, shocked saddened by her misfortune. She lives in that same tree now, with other Zalis, lamenting her lost beauty. You can tell which Zalis she is by the Pristine Rose Thorns that tangle about her feet and wing bases, subtle reminders of that which is now lost forever. [b]Dragon’s Image:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32574587] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/325746/32574587_350.png[/img] [/url]
@PalladiumX Wasn't sure if needed to be in this format, so I put it in this format just in case.

Your Username: Skydust

Do you want to be on a ping list?: Already am lol, I've entered the main contest.

Category: Flash Challenge

Costume: Zalis
10226.png

Brief Explanation:
Fensalir became a Zalis by way of her own hubris. She was once quite beautiful, dressed in Pristine Rose thorn apparel and with a wonderful singing voice to boot. However, she was very vain and did not like to associate with the others in the Lair of Many References. Many saw this as a major offence. They pleaded with the local shaman, Belladonna, and her daughter, Amara, to find some way of dialling back Fenni's haughtiness.

The Nightshade Duo worked for a long time, and had many setbacks, but finally the transmutation potion was ready. It was delivered to Fensalir in a perfume bottle one night, the words 'From a Secret Admirer' written on a small, silver label attached at the neck. Fenni immediately sprayed some on, revelling in the sweet scent of the forest. She was so over the moon that someone was FINALLY getting her superiority, and she began to sing. As she sung, however, her soft dulcet tones became harsher, almost like the caw of a sobbing crow. She also began to shrink and sprout dark blue and aqua feathers all over her illustrious scales.

No sooner had she begun singing had she taken to the sky and roosted in a nearby tree, shocked saddened by her misfortune. She lives in that same tree now, with other Zalis, lamenting her lost beauty. You can tell which Zalis she is by the Pristine Rose Thorns that tangle about her feet and wing bases, subtle reminders of that which is now lost forever.

Dragon’s Image:

32574587_350.png

@Palladiumx [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/276827/27682634_350.png[/img] My girl Linna is a herbalist and is known for her atumn theme , so of corse she had to find a family that matched her , her white rot deeer shows the browns and atumn colours that Linna has and help her scavenge around finding plants that she needs. [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/23816.png[/img]
@Palladiumx

27682634_350.png

My girl Linna is a herbalist and is known for her atumn theme , so of corse she had to find a family that matched her , her white rot deeer shows the browns and atumn colours that Linna has and help her scavenge around finding plants that she needs.

23816.png
Lichtdrache.gif
Nope nope
Nope nope
fjRdLnt.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14