Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Tundra and Snapper hate?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I love it how one of the arguments that gets thrown around when we talk about liking/disliking tundras and snappers (and wildclaws) always is that "they don't look like real dragons."

This greatly amuses me. I mean, cool, you have seen a real dragon? Mind showing that to me too?

I do get that the medieval-style western dragon is the most familiar looking dragon for most people, but it isn't even the only traditional dragon. There are different kinds of draconic mythological beasts in many cultures. Not to even mention that since no dragons actually exist, one can imagine them however they wish. :)

/end of the pointless sort-of-rant

To be completely on topic, I really like tundras. Don't have many simply because I have trouble coming up with characters for them (because of their usual nature). Snappers are great as a breed, but the male snapper art looks weird to me. I like the females though.
I love it how one of the arguments that gets thrown around when we talk about liking/disliking tundras and snappers (and wildclaws) always is that "they don't look like real dragons."

This greatly amuses me. I mean, cool, you have seen a real dragon? Mind showing that to me too?

I do get that the medieval-style western dragon is the most familiar looking dragon for most people, but it isn't even the only traditional dragon. There are different kinds of draconic mythological beasts in many cultures. Not to even mention that since no dragons actually exist, one can imagine them however they wish. :)

/end of the pointless sort-of-rant

To be completely on topic, I really like tundras. Don't have many simply because I have trouble coming up with characters for them (because of their usual nature). Snappers are great as a breed, but the male snapper art looks weird to me. I like the females though.
HlyrCMY.pngHlyrCMY.pngHlyrCMY.pngHlyrCMY.png
[quote name="suchgo" date=2015-04-01 00:29:54] Tundras are pernsonally my favorite dragon, what I don't get is why so many people dislike them? Anyone care to explain? ^^' [/quote] Just my $.02, but I think it might be because tundras and snappers seem less like "proper dragons" and more like other animals in some people's eyes. I understand that somewhat...snappers always remind me of snapping turtles or fat crocodiles, while tundras are bears, or maybe huge puppydogs? But on the other hand, that's what makes these two breeds so cute! And let's face it, FR would be a boring place if all we had were the standard East and West dragon models. The floofs and the snip-snaps are cuddly and loveable. They don't have to be everyone's favorite breeds, but the hate going around is just stupid.
suchgo wrote on 2015-04-01:
Tundras are pernsonally my favorite dragon, what I don't get is why so many people dislike them? Anyone care to explain? ^^'

Just my $.02, but I think it might be because tundras and snappers seem less like "proper dragons" and more like other animals in some people's eyes. I understand that somewhat...snappers always remind me of snapping turtles or fat crocodiles, while tundras are bears, or maybe huge puppydogs? But on the other hand, that's what makes these two breeds so cute! And let's face it, FR would be a boring place if all we had were the standard East and West dragon models.

The floofs and the snip-snaps are cuddly and loveable. They don't have to be everyone's favorite breeds, but the hate going around is just stupid.
XdKddgH.png c2678ebefd7e5f3201ac8ca4167849350b5fe131.png 53e090906bf1abf526e496f785950d62fc9cfa93.png cbd14df36b233e3862583e33f6144299f3562870.png 5f427e1c8be1e9f0ef47971b1ec9079123f249da.png
They are adorable
Why u gotta be so r00d to them, FR
They are adorable
Why u gotta be so r00d to them, FR
> FR +9
> She/her
> ESFP-T
Not a big fan of the male snappers or tundras, but I have a lot of female tundras in my lair and 1 creepy snapper female. The art for the tundra females is absolutely adorable, probably my favorite plentiful. I'm not too fond of snappers, but the backstory I have for my single female snapper is, well, interesting and creepy. She holds a very special place in my clan. While I may not keep any other snappers in my clan, I don't hate them just because I don't particularly like their artwork.
Not a big fan of the male snappers or tundras, but I have a lot of female tundras in my lair and 1 creepy snapper female. The art for the tundra females is absolutely adorable, probably my favorite plentiful. I'm not too fond of snappers, but the backstory I have for my single female snapper is, well, interesting and creepy. She holds a very special place in my clan. While I may not keep any other snappers in my clan, I don't hate them just because I don't particularly like their artwork.
tumblr_inline_nwu3otaP9J1t7d5o3_500.giftumblr_inline_njucf2ZZft1r7wjf7.png
While we're at it, I want less Fae hate! Yes, they have weird stretchy necks, but look at those big adorable eyes. LOOK at them.
While we're at it, I want less Fae hate! Yes, they have weird stretchy necks, but look at those big adorable eyes. LOOK at them.
DiZLrc5.png MUYNhfy.png
7A7cEAI.png
nmHdjnM.png
DxCICZ1.png
YMPbu9R.png
I didn't have much of a thing for Snappers at first, but I've got one with banana/maize/white that looks absolutely splendid! Named him Oro.

I've also got some hella cute faes, though a couple of the comments here are making me want to go out and get a Tundra again.
I didn't have much of a thing for Snappers at first, but I've got one with banana/maize/white that looks absolutely splendid! Named him Oro.

I've also got some hella cute faes, though a couple of the comments here are making me want to go out and get a Tundra again.
tumblr_inline_ncg033dSmu1sl5pky.gif tumblr_nmzwvjKoJD1taapw6o1_250.png
I LOVE MY SNAP SNAPS!!!! I wish I liked tundras better though. But BUT [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8695352] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/86954/8695352_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8376434] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/83765/8376434_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9265409] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/92655/9265409_350.png[/img] [/url] My perm Dragons.
I LOVE MY SNAP SNAPS!!!!

I wish I liked tundras better though. But BUT

8695352_350.png

8376434_350.png

9265409_350.png

My perm Dragons.
UwkMyF.png
Most of the complaints about tundras that I've seen revolve around the feet. Apparently they look like misshapen monkey toes, or something.

Snappers are my least fave solely because I don't like buff things. I think they're v cute otherwise (ok the back legs are very broken), but the chest throws me off.
Most of the complaints about tundras that I've seen revolve around the feet. Apparently they look like misshapen monkey toes, or something.

Snappers are my least fave solely because I don't like buff things. I think they're v cute otherwise (ok the back legs are very broken), but the chest throws me off.
E6nL5Eq.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8356406] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/83565/8356406_350.png[/img] [/url] excuse me ike is fabulous

8356406_350.png

excuse me ike is fabulous
@TeatimeRationale

I have never seen anyone very vocal about it other than maybe sales or trade...the most I have seen is them on the least liked breed list.

Personally I like tundras but I feel they look like a cross between a monkey and a woolly mammoth. I still try to get them but the absentminded lore detour me.

Snappers on the other hand I could never own just because I do not like goofy or flightless or proportionally awkward dragons ...but I have seen some cute ones, they just kinda do not fit with my Dancer flock.
@TeatimeRationale

I have never seen anyone very vocal about it other than maybe sales or trade...the most I have seen is them on the least liked breed list.

Personally I like tundras but I feel they look like a cross between a monkey and a woolly mammoth. I still try to get them but the absentminded lore detour me.

Snappers on the other hand I could never own just because I do not like goofy or flightless or proportionally awkward dragons ...but I have seen some cute ones, they just kinda do not fit with my Dancer flock.
A5i3AHB.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9