Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Word Salad Event
1 2 3 4
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/3324313#post_3324313]Rules[/url] | [color=#cf13a0]Sunday[/color] | [color=#801111]Monday[/color] | [color=#c47b3b] Tuesday[/color] | [Color=#c9cc14] Wednesday [/color] | [color=#119e2e] Thursday [/color]| [color=#3f8de0] Friday[/color] | [color=#73348a] Saturday [/color] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/gKpu8m7.png[/img][/center] [center]Welcome to the [u][b]Word Salad[/b][/u] event! [/center] [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/933069/93306807_350.png[/img][/center] We of Arcane welcome you in our Basically Infinite Reading/Teaching Homegroup for Dragons of All Years! [color=#cf13a0]B.[/color] [color=#801111]I.[/color][color=#c47b3b] R.[/color][Color=#c9cc14] T.[/color][color=#119e2e] H.[/color] [color=#3f8de0] D.[/color][color=#73348a] A.[/color] [color=#cf13a0]Y.[/color] for short! I'm your host for this event, [color=#cf13a0]DoanBat![/color] Please be sure to read the rules before posting! The goal of this [color=#cf13a0]B.[/color] [color=#801111]I.[/color][color=#c47b3b] R.[/color][Color=#c9cc14] T.[/color][color=#119e2e] H.[/color] [color=#3f8de0] D.[/color][color=#73348a] A.[/color] [color=#cf13a0]Y.[/color] group is simple! We want to expand your taste palate by helping you write more varied and expressive pieces! Marinating your words with feeling is the best way to make friends with an Aether you know. [b]How to Enter:[/b] The entry fee is 20kt! Someone has to pay for the ink and paper, right? No matter how many or how few days you join in, the entry fee is the same and covers all days. If you missed a day, or just want to join the festivities, please pay your fees to [color=#cf13a0][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/clan-profile/287368]Doanbat’s lair leader[/url][/color] in a timely manner via private message to participate. No need to be loud when you’re late! Each day you will be given a prompt! The proctor for the day will give an example or two, and if you have trouble, we have a few more for you to work with if you slip us a note! You can do just one, or combine all of the prompts together per day! [b]Rules:[/b] We are very sorry, but hatchlings cannot participate this year. Picture books are real books- and quite a tasty snack- but the theme of the festivities is writing! All writings must be original! Copying someone else’s writing is called [color=#ff2008][u][b]Plagiarism[/b][/u][/color] around here, and we don’t allow it! If someone inspired you, you can always give them an attribution or quote, but don’t copy word for word! This is an all-flights event, so please make sure that anything you write can be read by anyone else! When each day comes to a close, each of the judges will post a rubric with what they thought about their favorite two entries of the day. [b]Prizes and raffle rates:[/b] Without further ado…! We have a raffle! Our external sources have revealed to us that raffles are key for enjoying large interspecies group events. The entry fee will count as [b]one ticket![/b] Each of the prompts you answer will count as [b]ten tickets![/b] To check on your ticket status, [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15RUvoinsalhWWcykgpjlmu2aezReG9lUbfIA1c-UtTw/edit]look here. [/url] And our lovely prizes you ask? [center][quote=Cursed Writing][br][item=Illuminated Runescroll][br][i]Illuminated Runescroll[/i][br][br][/quote] [quote=Arcanist’s Fanfics][br][item=Shackled Book of Fairytales][item=Shackled Book of Legends][item=Shackled Book of Mysteries][item=Shackled Book of Myths][br][i]Shackled Book of Legends, Shackled Book of Mysteries, Shackled Book of Myths, Shackled Book of Legends[/i][br][br][/quote] [quote=All-You-Can-Eat Buffet][br][item=Scene: Enchanted Library][br][i]Scene: Enchanted Library[/i][br][br][/quote] [quote=Writer’s Friends][br][item=Spellbound Tome][item=Ensorcelled Volume][item=Book Hoard][item=Book Swarm] [item=Encouraging Quill][item=Writer's Aid][br][i]Spellbound Tome, Ensorcelled Volume, Book Hoard, Book Swarm, Encouraging Quill, Writer’s Aid[/i][br][br][/quote]
Rules | Sunday | Monday | Tuesday | Wednesday | Thursday | Friday | Saturday
gKpu8m7.png

Welcome to the Word Salad event!
93306807_350.png
We of Arcane welcome you in our Basically Infinite Reading/Teaching Homegroup for Dragons of All Years!
B. I. R. T. H. D. A. Y. for short! I'm your host for this event, DoanBat! Please be sure to read the rules before posting!
The goal of this B. I. R. T. H. D. A. Y. group is simple! We want to expand your taste palate by helping you write more varied and expressive pieces! Marinating your words with feeling is the best way to make friends with an Aether you know.

How to Enter:

The entry fee is 20kt! Someone has to pay for the ink and paper, right? No matter how many or how few days you join in, the entry fee is the same and covers all days. If you missed a day, or just want to join the festivities, please pay your fees to Doanbat’s lair leader in a timely manner via private message to participate. No need to be loud when you’re late!
Each day you will be given a prompt! The proctor for the day will give an example or two, and if you have trouble, we have a few more for you to work with if you slip us a note! You can do just one, or combine all of the prompts together per day!

Rules:

We are very sorry, but hatchlings cannot participate this year. Picture books are real books- and quite a tasty snack- but the theme of the festivities is writing!
All writings must be original! Copying someone else’s writing is called Plagiarism around here, and we don’t allow it! If someone inspired you, you can always give them an attribution or quote, but don’t copy word for word!
This is an all-flights event, so please make sure that anything you write can be read by anyone else!
When each day comes to a close, each of the judges will post a rubric with what they thought about their favorite two entries of the day.

Prizes and raffle rates:

Without further ado…! We have a raffle! Our external sources have revealed to us that raffles are key for enjoying large interspecies group events. The entry fee will count as one ticket! Each of the prompts you answer will count as ten tickets! To check on your ticket status, look here.
And our lovely prizes you ask?

Cursed Writing wrote:

Illuminated Runescroll
Illuminated Runescroll

Arcanist’s Fanfics wrote:

Shackled Book of Fairytales Shackled Book of Legends Shackled Book of Mysteries Shackled Book of Myths
Shackled Book of Legends, Shackled Book of Mysteries, Shackled Book of Myths, Shackled Book of Legends

All-You-Can-Eat Buffet wrote:

Scene: Enchanted Library
Scene: Enchanted Library

Writer’s Friends wrote:

Spellbound Tome Ensorcelled Volume Book Hoard Book Swarm
Encouraging Quill Writer's Aid
Spellbound Tome, Ensorcelled Volume, Book Hoard, Book Swarm, Encouraging Quill, Writer’s Aid

Recently returned from Hiatus, please be patient or gentle.
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/3324313#post_3324313]Rules[/url] | [color=#cf13a0]Sunday[/color] | [color=#801111]Monday[/color] | [color=#c47b3b] Tuesday[/color] | [Color=#c9cc14] Wednesday [/color] | [color=#119e2e] Thursday [/color]| [color=#3f8de0] Friday[/color] | [color=#73348a] Saturday [/color] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/g8oyAJ1.png[/img][/center] “[color=#cf13a0]Hohoo! It's still me, your host, DoanBat! And I’ll be your first Aether Taster for this event![/color]” The insect-like dragon clasps two of his six appendages together as he floats delicately before a vocal amplification device. All six arms suddenly splay out, pointing towards the spiral next to him. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/350469/35046875_350.png[/img] “[color=#cf13a0]And I am Eternity. Your guest judge for the day.[/color]" The fearless spiral tips their hat to the audience, looking to the younger Aether as the speech continued. “[color=#cf13a0]We have a nice one to start you off for today. I want you to write me something that tastes… sweet! A little rustic. An aftertaste that makes you just happy to savor it. You- you get it right? [/color]" The excitable Aether looks for backup from the Spiral as the latter simply laughs, bemused. “[color=#cf13a0]Oh I get what you mean! An example of what the judges want to have a taste of… Well, dear writers, how about-[/color]" [quote=The First Prompt][br] “Describe to me the first time you solved a mystery.”[/quote] [color=#cf13a0]Or if you need more inspiration... [quote=The Second Prompt][br]“Tell me about the most unexpected or exciting object you’ve found.” [/quote] [color=#cf13a0]Come to think of it you could also rightfully say that this is a valid set of instructions… [/color] [quote=The Third Prompt][br] “Tell me about a recipe you made that didn't turn out the way you expected”[/quote] [color=#cf13a0]I think that’s a good baseline for our contestants, don’t you?[/color]" The Aether nods in agreement, leaning carefully on an ancient and decrepit tome, tail swishing in the air as he did. "[color=#cf13a0]That sounds lovely! And just remember! There are no wrong choices in literature! These exercises are to get the juices flowing- hoh, excuse me! I seem to be egregiously salivating at the thought of all those words![/color]" The young male fanned himself with two limbs, entirely unbothered by the light tinkle of laughter to his side. "[color=#cf13a0]I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone’s entries ‘taste,’ too.[/color]" The two of the judges began to commiserate in low tones about taste this and flavor that, leaving the participants to work at their own pace. O0*0O0*0O0*0OO0*0O0*0O0*0OO0*0O0*0O0*0OO0*0O0*0O0*0O "[color=#cf13a0]Thank you to all of our lovely Day-of participants! Rest assured, we've read everything you put forward! Oh, but it's so hard to pick just one favorite![/color]" The boy nibbled on the entries again, swishing the tastes around in his mouth. He closed his soft colored eyes before nodding twice, thrice, tossing all his hands out. He grabbed a rubric, scribbling furiously on it before dunking a paw into ink, using that to blot out parts of the paper. "[color=#cf13a0]My favorite of the day is the entry by Kallimabutterfly![/color]" He held his rubric up high, flying around the stage as he showed it off. [Img]https://i.imgur.com/DRG8xeI.png[/img] A soft tinkle of laughter continued next to him, Eternity shaking her head. Oh, to be so young. She took a slip of the entries presented, chewing on it with a satisfied expression. "[color=#cf13a0]Whomever is responsible for the compounding of this ink, you've done a most wonderful job. It isn't just paper and ink- it's the taste of emotion. The knowledge carries no taste, but something indescribable is imparted here. Now I can dee why Aethers act as they do.[/color]" Without more fanfare, the spiral calmly filled their own rubric, offering it for DoanBat to fly around with as well. And oh, how valiantly he did such a job! [Img]https://i.imgur.com/Md2mVCr.png[/img] "[color=#cf13a0]My winner of the day is the entry by MyrrhDarkwing. Despite our slightly conflicting set of instructions, everyone here should be proud of their work. Please- pass on to the next stage. While we won't grade anyone else on this prompt, you may always write more for it, or come back later to submit for raffle tickets if you missed us.[/color]" The Spiral tips her hat again, bringing a close to the first day's festivities.
g8oyAJ1.png

Hohoo! It's still me, your host, DoanBat! And I’ll be your first Aether Taster for this event!” The insect-like dragon clasps two of his six appendages together as he floats delicately before a vocal amplification device. All six arms suddenly splay out, pointing towards the spiral next to him.

35046875_350.png

And I am Eternity. Your guest judge for the day." The fearless spiral tips their hat to the audience, looking to the younger Aether as the speech continued.

We have a nice one to start you off for today. I want you to write me something that tastes… sweet! A little rustic. An aftertaste that makes you just happy to savor it. You- you get it right? " The excitable Aether looks for backup from the Spiral as the latter simply laughs, bemused.

Oh I get what you mean! An example of what the judges want to have a taste of… Well, dear writers, how about-"
The First Prompt wrote:

“Describe to me the first time you solved a mystery.”
Or if you need more inspiration...
The Second Prompt wrote:

“Tell me about the most unexpected or exciting object you’ve found.”
Come to think of it you could also rightfully say that this is a valid set of instructions…
The Third Prompt wrote:

“Tell me about a recipe you made that didn't turn out the way you expected”
I think that’s a good baseline for our contestants, don’t you?"

The Aether nods in agreement, leaning carefully on an ancient and decrepit tome, tail swishing in the air as he did.
"That sounds lovely! And just remember! There are no wrong choices in literature! These exercises are to get the juices flowing- hoh, excuse me! I seem to be egregiously salivating at the thought of all those words!" The young male fanned himself with two limbs, entirely unbothered by the light tinkle of laughter to his side.

"I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone’s entries ‘taste,’ too." The two of the judges began to commiserate in low tones about taste this and flavor that, leaving the participants to work at their own pace.

O0*0O0*0O0*0OO0*0O0*0O0*0OO0*0O0*0O0*0OO0*0O0*0O0*0O

"Thank you to all of our lovely Day-of participants! Rest assured, we've read everything you put forward! Oh, but it's so hard to pick just one favorite!" The boy nibbled on the entries again, swishing the tastes around in his mouth. He closed his soft colored eyes before nodding twice, thrice, tossing all his hands out. He grabbed a rubric, scribbling furiously on it before dunking a paw into ink, using that to blot out parts of the paper.

"My favorite of the day is the entry by Kallimabutterfly!" He held his rubric up high, flying around the stage as he showed it off.

DRG8xeI.png

A soft tinkle of laughter continued next to him, Eternity shaking her head. Oh, to be so young. She took a slip of the entries presented, chewing on it with a satisfied expression.

"Whomever is responsible for the compounding of this ink, you've done a most wonderful job. It isn't just paper and ink- it's the taste of emotion. The knowledge carries no taste, but something indescribable is imparted here. Now I can dee why Aethers act as they do." Without more fanfare, the spiral calmly filled their own rubric, offering it for DoanBat to fly around with as well. And oh, how valiantly he did such a job!

Md2mVCr.png

"My winner of the day is the entry by MyrrhDarkwing. Despite our slightly conflicting set of instructions, everyone here should be proud of their work. Please- pass on to the next stage. While we won't grade anyone else on this prompt, you may always write more for it, or come back later to submit for raffle tickets if you missed us." The Spiral tips her hat again, bringing a close to the first day's festivities.
[i][/i][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/3324313#post_3324313]Rules[/url] | [color=#cf13a0]Sunday[/color] | [color=#801111]Monday[/color] | [color=#c47b3b] Tuesday[/color] | [Color=#c9cc14] Wednesday [/color] | [color=#119e2e] Thursday [/color]| [color=#3f8de0] Friday[/color] | [color=#73348a] Saturday [/color] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/C7ZxhA6.png[/img][/center] This stage has been hastily painted red, yet seems bare of all decoration or fixtures, unlike every other stage. It's hard to tell what's going on here or what will happen. It's probably best to come back tomorrow. O0*0O0*0O0*0OO0*0O0*0O0*0OO0*0O0*0O0*0OO0*0O0*0O0*0O A new day has come. The stage is set. It... seems to be completely bare, still, save for an Obelisk, beautiful and proud. Her mane glittered and danced in the dawn's rays as she adjusted her neck, welcoming all of the the patrons filing in for the day. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/915261/91526061_350.png[/img] "[color=#801111]It is with earnest pleasure I welcome all participants and onlookers to our portion if the event. My name is Cornith, and I shall be your Guest Judge for today.[/color]" Her paws move hefty tomes from by her side to before her, opening one to sit on its own. Upon its pages lay large cursive text, detailing the first of today's prompts. [Quote=The First Prompt][br]"Tell me a tale about revenge best served cold."[/quote] She seems cool and unperturbed by the whispers in the crowd, moving to the side and allowing that book to stand on its own. Though the stage creaked beneath her weight, its construction was such that it did not bow nor deform beneath her soft footfalls. [i]But where is our Aether Taster,[/i] one monotone Fae from the crowd asked. She paused, setting the second book before the crowd. [Quote=The Second Prompt][br] "Tell me about a time when you were your own worst enemy."[/quote] "[color=#801111]Why, it was our Aether Taster who wrote these instructions. I was instructed to place each of these tomes before you for interpretation. Patience, if you please.[/color]" The murmerings grew louder and more shocked as the Obelisk carried on with her duties, prideful and almost solemn as she placed open the third book. [Quote=The Third Prompt][br]"Tell me your idea of what qualifies as a good fight."[/quote] With no warning, her back leg thudded on the stage, rattling it as a series of tinkling bells went off. What happened next was best described as chaos. The center and back of the stage had a trap door component, the red paint obfuscating the seam from view. It slammed open, a cascade of fur and wing and raw energy bursting forth. Confused and loud instructions overlapped exclamations of glee, each and every of the nearly thirty Aethers present already having finished their meditation for Breath beneath the stage. And so began the show- two crews began to mock fight with one another! Between them they had every combination of fighting technique that one could hope to employ, elemental spells being slung not to harm their fellows, but to clash in a glitzy display of intellectual might. It was a show of epic- and obviously uncoordinated- porportions, multiple spells seemed to miss their mark despite the six captains vigorously crying out orders to their officers and other crewmates. The spellslinging died out after about five minutes, the two crews exhausting their breath with excited squeals and giggles. As quickly as they came, they disappeared back into the trap hole. One more Aether emerged from the opening, her coat sleek and blue as she used her paws to close it behind her. On all six legs she prowled forward, calmly taking a seat as if a small scale elemental apocalypse had not just taken place on stage. She looked up to her Obelisk companion, or at least her head moved that way. With eyes like [i]that[/i] it was genuinely hard to tell where an Aether was looking! "[color=#801111]The theme for today is battle. Victories most sweet, failures most bitter. Battles of the body or battles of the mind. We hope that the display behind us would serve as inspiration to you all.[/color]" The Obelisk levied a deep sigh, closing her deep Earth-hued eyes. "[color=#801111]For those who missed it, the show will repeat each hour, on the hour, until this day concludes. If you include mention of Aether Crews in your entry, we will be certain to grade you with extra marks. With that said; I would like to introduce the idea crafter behind today's festivities and theming. Please warmly welcome Miss Emphyrias.[/color]" The silent Aether showed the reason for her silence in that moment, greeting the crowd with a warm-hearted smile, chains clinking lightly as she waved at the crowd. Her teeth were great and large, the ancient dragon unwrapping a scroll and placing that at the front of the stage. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/914444/91444394_350.png[/img] [Quote=Emphyrias's words][br] "[color=#801111]I sincerely hope you enjoyed the show from my kinsfolk. Speaking is difficult with my jaws- but words carry the same weight, regardless of their presentation. I hope to taste a fine variety of flavors from you contestants, today.[/color]"[/quote] The girl moved to look at the Obelisk again, moving her hands and sometimes stopping to trace letters in the air, the two judges now contently wrapt with conversation as they waited for the action to begin anew. O0*0O0*0O0*0OO0*0O0*0O0*0OO0*0O0*0O0*0OO0*0O0*0O0*0O The festivities, truth be told, were meant to stop at midnight. They did not. Have you, dear onlookers, ever seen Aethers "party hard" for their [color=#cf13a0]B.[/color] [color=#801111]I.[/color][color=#c47b3b] R.[/color][Color=#c9cc14] T.[/color][color=#119e2e] H.[/color] [color=#3f8de0] D.[/color][color=#73348a] A.[/color] [color=#cf13a0]Y.[/color]? These Aethers did. Perhaps too hard, in fact, their final showing only settling down when the morning sun was three quarters in the air. The last of magical sparks fizzled as Emphyrias gently moved her paws away from covering her co-host's ears. She knew full well how loud her kin could be. She nodded to them as they slowly skid, skittered, floated and flew off the stage, resigning herself to the front of the stage, pinning her rubric next to the scroll at the front. [img]https://i.imgur.com/s9d9iNS.png[/img] "[color=#801111]The winner for Miss Emphyrias is-[/color]" The obelisk paused, genuine surprise crossing her visage as the Aether slinked into the crowd, crawling until she stopped in front of a contestant. "[color=#801111][b][i]Flocks...iswo...rld,[/i][/b][/color]" she managed to exhale, a deep laugh echoing from her long neck before she bounded back to the stage, chains rattling as she swished right back up. She nodded once to Cornith, having obviously not informed her cohost about every little thing that would occur today. "[color=#801111]I- I see,[/color]" the Obelisk began, clearing her throat as she pawed forward and placed her own rubric next to the Aether's. "[color=#801111]My selected victor for the literary battle is KestrelW. While there are no monetary returns for being our favorites, knowing you were the best of the day should be prize enough.[/color]" [Img]https://i.imgur.com/IQPHQox.png[/img] The ginger Obelisk turned to speak with her companion once more, only to pause. Emphyrias paused as well, half way to shoving every last entry into that jaw of hers. She unfolded the paper sandwich, offering part of a multicolor entry to Cornith with no sheepishness in her actions whatsoever. "[color=#801111]No thank you. I'm satisfied for now with reading.[/color]" Those words did not abate the wince as the Aether greedily shoved all the papers in her mouth at once, chewing with her mouth open and eyes dilated. At least someone was having a good time.
C7ZxhA6.png

This stage has been hastily painted red, yet seems bare of all decoration or fixtures, unlike every other stage. It's hard to tell what's going on here or what will happen. It's probably best to come back tomorrow.

A new day has come. The stage is set. It... seems to be completely bare, still, save for an Obelisk, beautiful and proud. Her mane glittered and danced in the dawn's rays as she adjusted her neck, welcoming all of the the patrons filing in for the day.

91526061_350.png

"It is with earnest pleasure I welcome all participants and onlookers to our portion if the event. My name is Cornith, and I shall be your Guest Judge for today." Her paws move hefty tomes from by her side to before her, opening one to sit on its own. Upon its pages lay large cursive text, detailing the first of today's prompts.
The First Prompt wrote:

"Tell me a tale about revenge best served cold."

She seems cool and unperturbed by the whispers in the crowd, moving to the side and allowing that book to stand on its own. Though the stage creaked beneath her weight, its construction was such that it did not bow nor deform beneath her soft footfalls.

But where is our Aether Taster, one monotone Fae from the crowd asked. She paused, setting the second book before the crowd.
The Second Prompt wrote:

"Tell me about a time when you were your own worst enemy."

"Why, it was our Aether Taster who wrote these instructions. I was instructed to place each of these tomes before you for interpretation. Patience, if you please." The murmerings grew louder and more shocked as the Obelisk carried on with her duties, prideful and almost solemn as she placed open the third book.
The Third Prompt wrote:

"Tell me your idea of what qualifies as a good fight."

With no warning, her back leg thudded on the stage, rattling it as a series of tinkling bells went off. What happened next was best described as chaos. The center and back of the stage had a trap door component, the red paint obfuscating the seam from view. It slammed open, a cascade of fur and wing and raw energy bursting forth. Confused and loud instructions overlapped exclamations of glee, each and every of the nearly thirty Aethers present already having finished their meditation for Breath beneath the stage.

And so began the show- two crews began to mock fight with one another! Between them they had every combination of fighting technique that one could hope to employ, elemental spells being slung not to harm their fellows, but to clash in a glitzy display of intellectual might. It was a show of epic- and obviously uncoordinated- porportions, multiple spells seemed to miss their mark despite the six captains vigorously crying out orders to their officers and other crewmates. The spellslinging died out after about five minutes, the two crews exhausting their breath with excited squeals and giggles. As quickly as they came, they disappeared back into the trap hole.

One more Aether emerged from the opening, her coat sleek and blue as she used her paws to close it behind her. On all six legs she prowled forward, calmly taking a seat as if a small scale elemental apocalypse had not just taken place on stage. She looked up to her Obelisk companion, or at least her head moved that way. With eyes like that it was genuinely hard to tell where an Aether was looking!

"The theme for today is battle. Victories most sweet, failures most bitter. Battles of the body or battles of the mind. We hope that the display behind us would serve as inspiration to you all." The Obelisk levied a deep sigh, closing her deep Earth-hued eyes. "For those who missed it, the show will repeat each hour, on the hour, until this day concludes. If you include mention of Aether Crews in your entry, we will be certain to grade you with extra marks. With that said; I would like to introduce the idea crafter behind today's festivities and theming. Please warmly welcome Miss Emphyrias."

The silent Aether showed the reason for her silence in that moment, greeting the crowd with a warm-hearted smile, chains clinking lightly as she waved at the crowd. Her teeth were great and large, the ancient dragon unwrapping a scroll and placing that at the front of the stage.

91444394_350.png
Emphyrias's words wrote:

"I sincerely hope you enjoyed the show from my kinsfolk. Speaking is difficult with my jaws- but words carry the same weight, regardless of their presentation. I hope to taste a fine variety of flavors from you contestants, today."

The girl moved to look at the Obelisk again, moving her hands and sometimes stopping to trace letters in the air, the two judges now contently wrapt with conversation as they waited for the action to begin anew.

The festivities, truth be told, were meant to stop at midnight. They did not. Have you, dear onlookers, ever seen Aethers "party hard" for their B. I. R. T. H. D. A. Y.? These Aethers did. Perhaps too hard, in fact, their final showing only settling down when the morning sun was three quarters in the air. The last of magical sparks fizzled as Emphyrias gently moved her paws away from covering her co-host's ears. She knew full well how loud her kin could be. She nodded to them as they slowly skid, skittered, floated and flew off the stage, resigning herself to the front of the stage, pinning her rubric next to the scroll at the front.

s9d9iNS.png

"The winner for Miss Emphyrias is-" The obelisk paused, genuine surprise crossing her visage as the Aether slinked into the crowd, crawling until she stopped in front of a contestant.

"Flocks...iswo...rld," she managed to exhale, a deep laugh echoing from her long neck before she bounded back to the stage, chains rattling as she swished right back up. She nodded once to Cornith, having obviously not informed her cohost about every little thing that would occur today.

"I- I see," the Obelisk began, clearing her throat as she pawed forward and placed her own rubric next to the Aether's. "My selected victor for the literary battle is KestrelW. While there are no monetary returns for being our favorites, knowing you were the best of the day should be prize enough."

IQPHQox.png

The ginger Obelisk turned to speak with her companion once more, only to pause. Emphyrias paused as well, half way to shoving every last entry into that jaw of hers. She unfolded the paper sandwich, offering part of a multicolor entry to Cornith with no sheepishness in her actions whatsoever. "No thank you. I'm satisfied for now with reading." Those words did not abate the wince as the Aether greedily shoved all the papers in her mouth at once, chewing with her mouth open and eyes dilated. At least someone was having a good time.
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/Ii5leAH.png[/img][/center] A pile of cloth and blankets is piled high on the stage. Very... very high, actually! Taller than your average Aether! Each one appears soft and warm, and though there are many tones present, all are some muted color of grey, blue or green. There is a sign affixed to the front of the stage, gently reading [u]Please Do Not Touch![/u] Maybe the would-be blanket petting zoo will be open soon. O0*0O0*0O0*0OO0*0O0*0O0*0OO0*0O0*0O0*0OO0*0O0*0O0*0O "[color=#cf13a0]Hey. I thought this one already started. Hmm, let's see here...[/color]" The glittery Aether Host made his way to the Tuesday stage, four appendages at his hips as he floated along, sparkles and glittering bits falling naturally from his form. "[color=#cf13a0]Mhm, mhmmmm, okay. I see, I get it. One second, dear onlookers![/color]" Without a moment's hesitation, he dived into the pile of blankets! Or... the front half of him did. His back legs and tail were stuck outside of the woven confines, the clawed paws sticking themselves into the folds as his tail swished. And then it swished faster, and faster, then straightened before the Aether tugged himself- and a fellow- out of the pile. "[color=#cf13a0]Yikes! Are you okay down there? Can you breathe?[/color]" "[color=#c47b3b]Now I can.... Thank you. You may have just- um. Genuinely saved my life. I was in the middle of rearranging the fortressing components of the denning fiber variety when it fell on top of me. All of the commotion from the stage to our left must have um, caused an avalanche of severely underestimated proportions. Oh- um. Ah.[/color]" Color tinted the subdued purple Aether's cheeks as he sheepishly turned to the audience before him, giving them a soft smile and wave, tongue barely peeking out. " [color=#c47b3b] H-Hello everyone. My name is XxizixX, and I'm the Aether Taster for today. But I don't know where my guest judge is...[/color]" He frowned as he trailed off, worried as he reached for the honestly far-too-tall pile of softness before him. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/659872/65987172_350.png[/img] "[color=#c47b3b]I'm right over here.[/color]" The voice came from the back of the crowd, an appropriately-pink Coatl slinking forth with grace and a sing-song voice through the crowd. "[color=#c47b3b]You just looked so... so calm under there. I figured that a little nap wouldn't hurt too much- oh! But we do have a schedule to keep, don't we? I should have thought of that.[/color]" She was nearly twice the size of the Aethers before her as she ripped the Do Not Touch sign from the front of the stage in one claw, offering it to DoanBat. The little Aether's eyes dilated as his neck streeeeeetched out, taking it in his mouth and scampering off stage. His work was done! "[color=#c47b3b]Well, excuse my late greetings, but my name is Donnatella. I'll be your cohost for today.[/color]" She leaned down, her tongue flicking as she whispered something into the fur of the anxious Aether. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/331223/33122219_350.png[/img] The two shared a nod, the Aether piping up once more. "[color=#c47b3b]Well! Since our um, auxiliary grading companion has arrived, we should begin! Our first prompt is um- well. I should start with the taste, shouldn't I? Let's see...[/color]" The Aether's eyes narrowed as he tapped at a cheek, reading the prompts his cohost was holding for he and only he to see. "[color=#c47b3b]Citrus, Salt, Mint, a robust aftertaste. Subdued. Any Aether here should get that taste in less time than it takes to um, create a new folded delectable confectionary.[/color]" "[color=#c47b3b]Well, is that how these translate to you? I wonder if all Aethers taste the same tastes from writing.[/color]" She turned to face the audience again as she backed into the den of blankets, not just enshrouding herself with them but flexing her wings as she splayed them across the stage. "[color=#c47b3b]Here are your three prompts for today, my dear contestants. We've agreed since the two of us erred, rather than be judged on [b]Wednesday[/b], a joint judging will be held on [b]Thursday[/b] to grant you ample time.[/color]" [Quote=The Three Prompts][br]“Describe a time you were there for someone at their weakest; what did you do?” "Tell me about a time you pushed yourself to the brink, and what happened afterwards” “Tell me about a time when you had a lot you wanted to do, but your body or mind just [i]couldn’t[/i] for whatever reason.”[/quote] "[color=#c47b3b]Please, take your time and enjoy the festival. If you'd like, you can always chat with us to come up with more ideas.[/color]" One could not say for sure, but it seemed like XxizixX was grateful to the Coatl for taking the lead!
Ii5leAH.png

A pile of cloth and blankets is piled high on the stage. Very... very high, actually! Taller than your average Aether! Each one appears soft and warm, and though there are many tones present, all are some muted color of grey, blue or green. There is a sign affixed to the front of the stage, gently reading Please Do Not Touch! Maybe the would-be blanket petting zoo will be open soon.

"Hey. I thought this one already started. Hmm, let's see here..." The glittery Aether Host made his way to the Tuesday stage, four appendages at his hips as he floated along, sparkles and glittering bits falling naturally from his form. "Mhm, mhmmmm, okay. I see, I get it. One second, dear onlookers!" Without a moment's hesitation, he dived into the pile of blankets! Or... the front half of him did. His back legs and tail were stuck outside of the woven confines, the clawed paws sticking themselves into the folds as his tail swished. And then it swished faster, and faster, then straightened before the Aether tugged himself- and a fellow- out of the pile. "Yikes! Are you okay down there? Can you breathe?"

"Now I can.... Thank you. You may have just- um. Genuinely saved my life. I was in the middle of rearranging the fortressing components of the denning fiber variety when it fell on top of me. All of the commotion from the stage to our left must have um, caused an avalanche of severely underestimated proportions. Oh- um. Ah." Color tinted the subdued purple Aether's cheeks as he sheepishly turned to the audience before him, giving them a soft smile and wave, tongue barely peeking out. " H-Hello everyone. My name is XxizixX, and I'm the Aether Taster for today. But I don't know where my guest judge is..." He frowned as he trailed off, worried as he reached for the honestly far-too-tall pile of softness before him.

65987172_350.png

"I'm right over here." The voice came from the back of the crowd, an appropriately-pink Coatl slinking forth with grace and a sing-song voice through the crowd. "You just looked so... so calm under there. I figured that a little nap wouldn't hurt too much- oh! But we do have a schedule to keep, don't we? I should have thought of that." She was nearly twice the size of the Aethers before her as she ripped the Do Not Touch sign from the front of the stage in one claw, offering it to DoanBat. The little Aether's eyes dilated as his neck streeeeeetched out, taking it in his mouth and scampering off stage. His work was done!

"Well, excuse my late greetings, but my name is Donnatella. I'll be your cohost for today." She leaned down, her tongue flicking as she whispered something into the fur of the anxious Aether.

33122219_350.png

The two shared a nod, the Aether piping up once more. "Well! Since our um, auxiliary grading companion has arrived, we should begin! Our first prompt is um- well. I should start with the taste, shouldn't I? Let's see..." The Aether's eyes narrowed as he tapped at a cheek, reading the prompts his cohost was holding for he and only he to see. "Citrus, Salt, Mint, a robust aftertaste. Subdued. Any Aether here should get that taste in less time than it takes to um, create a new folded delectable confectionary."

"Well, is that how these translate to you? I wonder if all Aethers taste the same tastes from writing." She turned to face the audience again as she backed into the den of blankets, not just enshrouding herself with them but flexing her wings as she splayed them across the stage. "Here are your three prompts for today, my dear contestants. We've agreed since the two of us erred, rather than be judged on Wednesday, a joint judging will be held on Thursday to grant you ample time."
The Three Prompts wrote:

“Describe a time you were there for someone at their weakest; what did you do?”
"Tell me about a time you pushed yourself to the brink, and what happened afterwards”
“Tell me about a time when you had a lot you wanted to do, but your body or mind just couldn’t for whatever reason.”

"Please, take your time and enjoy the festival. If you'd like, you can always chat with us to come up with more ideas." One could not say for sure, but it seemed like XxizixX was grateful to the Coatl for taking the lead!
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/0pQDrkQ.png[/img][/center] Up on today's stage sits... a cage? It seems sturdy, and there are a good variety of cages up on the stage actually. Some of them have tooth marks embedded into the bars, but none are deformed, dirty or otherwise dangerous. Why, there aren't any locks on them, either! There's no way to know what these are for at just a glance.
0pQDrkQ.png

Up on today's stage sits... a cage? It seems sturdy, and there are a good variety of cages up on the stage actually. Some of them have tooth marks embedded into the bars, but none are deformed, dirty or otherwise dangerous. Why, there aren't any locks on them, either! There's no way to know what these are for at just a glance.
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/MSOhn5U.png[/img][/center] A grand collection of harvested fruits sits before you, laid out on paper. But alas, all of them seem to be kept behind a thin dome of glass! No snack time for now, it seems. Perhaps it's better to check back later- there seem to be arcane runes and spells at work to keep that glass sealed to the venue. It should be undone when the time is right.
MSOhn5U.png

A grand collection of harvested fruits sits before you, laid out on paper. But alas, all of them seem to be kept behind a thin dome of glass! No snack time for now, it seems. Perhaps it's better to check back later- there seem to be arcane runes and spells at work to keep that glass sealed to the venue. It should be undone when the time is right.
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/BBiOR72.png[/img][/center] A stone lecturn is lugged center stage for this day's venue, a myriad of sticks and rocks littering the ground around it, some propped up on the sides of the heavy structure. But they haven't been arranged yet, and are sitting. They are quite pretty rocks, though! Maybe nobody would notice if you took one or two!
BBiOR72.png

A stone lecturn is lugged center stage for this day's venue, a myriad of sticks and rocks littering the ground around it, some propped up on the sides of the heavy structure. But they haven't been arranged yet, and are sitting. They are quite pretty rocks, though! Maybe nobody would notice if you took one or two!
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/IHARRcT.png[/img][/center] Hm, what's this? There are some not-yet inflated balloons laying around a nest made of soft pebbles and feather-like fibers. It seems this venue isn't in use yet. Maybe check back later in the week!
IHARRcT.png

Hm, what's this? There are some not-yet inflated balloons laying around a nest made of soft pebbles and feather-like fibers. It seems this venue isn't in use yet. Maybe check back later in the week!
Reserve, just in case!
Reserve, just in case!
We're open for shop after reset! Have a happy Jubilee and a most excellent Aetherversary! Come see all of our events and celebrations Here! And you can join our pinglist for shifts in prompts and decorations here!
We're open for shop after reset! Have a happy Jubilee and a most excellent Aetherversary! Come see all of our events and celebrations Here! And you can join our pinglist for shifts in prompts and decorations here!
1 2 3 4