Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [LORE] The Shimmerspire
Hi, please don't post here while I am still adding things. If you have questions or you'd like to let me know what you think feel free to PM or comment on my profile!

This will be an intro post explaining the basics of the settlement, including some photos.

The Shimmerspire

Located on the edge of the Snowsquall Tundra, the Shimmerspire is a towering technomagical structure constructed of arcane ice--a rare and forever unmelting material that is teeming with ancient magic that is largely not understood. The structure itself was recently reopened after a millennia of dormancy, le and now welcomes a bustling community of dragons of all elements and breeds.

The structure is split into 3 sections. The first is the ground floor and first few levels. The open space contains a number of buildings which wrap around a circular dock for boats coming in and out of the Southern Gate, which is a portcullis opening to a small ocean cove.

The community that's taken up residence in this space possess a wide variety of skills.
Goods and Services
Clanmade Goods
» Non regional crops

» Fish and insects

» Books/Scrolls

» Enchanted items and arcane technology
Imported Goods
» Textiles

» Ore/coal

» Spices

» Lumber/building materials
Services
» Costs of living covered

» Trade services

» Access to knowledge/records
Hi, please don't post here while I am still adding things. If you have questions or you'd like to let me know what you think feel free to PM or comment on my profile!

This will be an intro post explaining the basics of the settlement, including some photos.

The Shimmerspire

Located on the edge of the Snowsquall Tundra, the Shimmerspire is a towering technomagical structure constructed of arcane ice--a rare and forever unmelting material that is teeming with ancient magic that is largely not understood. The structure itself was recently reopened after a millennia of dormancy, le and now welcomes a bustling community of dragons of all elements and breeds.

The structure is split into 3 sections. The first is the ground floor and first few levels. The open space contains a number of buildings which wrap around a circular dock for boats coming in and out of the Southern Gate, which is a portcullis opening to a small ocean cove.

The community that's taken up residence in this space possess a wide variety of skills.
Goods and Services
Clanmade Goods
» Non regional crops

» Fish and insects

» Books/Scrolls

» Enchanted items and arcane technology
Imported Goods
» Textiles

» Ore/coal

» Spices

» Lumber/building materials
Services
» Costs of living covered

» Trade services

» Access to knowledge/records
@8v3c

- +3 fr time
- i'm subscribed to all of my threads
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
flightrising.png
art thread
tumblr_inline_piay8xUZXS1rhxln1_540.png
hatchery
tumblr_nvv60n6GG11smhh1go5_100.png
pride icons
1c0a2f41c624347c6dd701548effe7b2bcf6fc4a.png
This will be a directory of the dragons with links to profiles. Out at Sea / The docks The Market Administrative & Education Security Greenhouse Many of the residents that reside here put time into maintaining the gardens, however there a few key individuals that manage it. Research & Sciences ----------------------------------------------------------------- [columns][item=intact parchment][nextcol][color=#HEX][size=5]Group 1[/size] (Group description HERE.) This is an example of a section with only two columns. Each dragon's description contains ~140 characters. Avatar codes are left intact so you can see how they work.[/color][nextcol][item=intact parchment][/columns] ----------------------------------------------------------------- [columns] [columns][url=URL][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/255215/25521457p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=DRAGONID][b]Name[/b][/url] • [i]Role[/i] [size=2]Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo[/size][/columns] [columns][url=url][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/265470/26546969p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=DRAGONID][b]Name[/b][/url] • [i]Role[/i] [size=2]Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo[/size][/columns] [nextcol][columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25521458][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/255215/25521458p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=DRAGONID][b]Name[/b][/url] • [i]Role[/i] [size=2]Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo[/size][/columns] [columns][url=URL][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/282303/28230211p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=DRAGONID][b]Name[/b][/url] • [i]Role[/i] [size=2]Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo[/size][/columns][/columns] ----------------------------------------------------- [columns][item=intact parchment][nextcol][color=#HEX][size=5]Administrative Offices[/size] The paperwork side of things. Responsible for maintaining accurate records, lair placements, job assigments, and the settlement's finances.[/color][nextcol][item=historical text][/columns] ------------------------------------------ [columns] [columns][url=URL][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/255215/25521457p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=DRAGONID][b]Name[/b][/url] • [i]Role[/i] [size=2]Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo[/size][/columns] ----- Further groups and dragons can be added here, or you can throw in other things like art, lore, etc. ----- ----- [right][size=1][color=#9494A9]template by [/color][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2237425]Disillusionist (254672)[/url][/size][/right]
This will be a directory of the dragons with links to profiles.

Out at Sea / The docks

The Market

Administrative & Education

Security

Greenhouse

Many of the residents that reside here put time into maintaining the gardens, however there a few key individuals that manage it.

Research & Sciences

Intact Parchment Group 1
(Group description HERE.) This is an example of a section with only two columns. Each dragon's description contains ~140 characters. Avatar codes are left intact so you can see how they work.
Intact Parchment

25521457p.png NameRole
Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo
26546969p.png NameRole
Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo
25521458p.png NameRole
28230211p.png NameRole

Intact Parchment Administrative Offices
The paperwork side of things. Responsible for maintaining accurate records, lair placements, job assigments, and the settlement's finances.
Historical Text

25521457p.png NameRole

Further groups and dragons can be added here, or you can throw in other things like art, lore, etc.

@8v3c

- +3 fr time
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
flightrising.png
art thread
hatchery
pride icons
Maps and environment. Maybe some general lore about the Spire.
Maps and environment. Maybe some general lore about the Spire.
@8v3c

- +3 fr time
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
flightrising.png
art thread
hatchery
pride icons
[quote=Infodump] Dragon names work as follows; [LIST=1] [*][color=red]Chosen name.[/color] This is picked by the dragon themselves. Their chosen name can actually be several, or quite lengthy, depending on the dragon. Within the birth clan, this is always the name used. Other than that, it tends to be used by those who are on friendly terms. [*][color=green]Bloodline marker.[/color] This is a record of the dragon's family tree. This name is kept confidentially by the clan's record keeper till the dragon in question is old enough to start looking for mating partners. It's considered invasive to ask for another's unless you are considering nesting with them or are searching for biological relatives. [*][color=blue]Clutch name.[/color] Because child-rearing is done communally, every egg hatched within a certain period is raised within a group. Dragons in a clutch are seen as siblings, even if they are not directly related. Clutch names are generally themed after their elemental flight, but will often hint at a notable event that happened recently within the clan. For polite conversation or with strangers, this is typically the name used. [/LIST] Example: [color=red]Vermilion[/color] [color=green]Eirzam[/color] [color=blue]Spellsealer[/color] [/quote] Talk about nesting, labor division, allocation of resources, UBI.
Infodump wrote:
Dragon names work as follows;
  1. Chosen name. This is picked by the dragon themselves. Their chosen name can actually be several, or quite lengthy, depending on the dragon. Within the birth clan, this is always the name used. Other than that, it tends to be used by those who are on friendly terms.
  2. Bloodline marker. This is a record of the dragon's family tree. This name is kept confidentially by the clan's record keeper till the dragon in question is old enough to start looking for mating partners. It's considered invasive to ask for another's unless you are considering nesting with them or are searching for biological relatives.
  3. Clutch name. Because child-rearing is done communally, every egg hatched within a certain period is raised within a group. Dragons in a clutch are seen as siblings, even if they are not directly related. Clutch names are generally themed after their elemental flight, but will often hint at a notable event that happened recently within the clan. For polite conversation or with strangers, this is typically the name used.

Example: Vermilion Eirzam Spellsealer

Talk about nesting, labor division, allocation of resources, UBI.
@8v3c

- +3 fr time
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
flightrising.png
art thread
hatchery
pride icons
Out at Sea / The docks