Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [LORE] The Haunted Chateau (FTP!)
[center] [font=Times New Roman] [size=7][u][b]The Haunted Chateau[/u][/b][/size] [size=5][i]The Chapters[/i][/size] [/font] [/center] [font=Times New Roman] [columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/80443499][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/804435/80443499_350.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [i][size=7]Y[/size]ou have entered an old, seemingly decrepit old mansion, and have wandered into the basement, somehow avoiding the [u]inhabitants[/u] inside, per say. The basement is barren but full of books and tomes, all dusted over the years. Standing behind a counter is one of the inhabitants of this decrepit old mansion, a black Spiral Dragon with glowing green runes all over their body, and is wearing glasses as well as an old, cobwebbed witch hat. Something about this Spiral doesn't seem [u]natural[/u], though, as if it were a being just mimicking one.[/i] [/font] [/columns] [i] The Spiral is busy reading something before [u]it[/u] notices you. Something draws you towards them, an invisible force almost. After standing directly in front of the Spiral, they take out a massive book, full of bookmarks and about the size of a Fae in size. On the brown cover is gold lettering, saying, "History". The Spiral(?) then gestures towards the book, as if asking you to read. All you know is that you're [u]going[/u] to read it, whether you like it or not, and this [u]Spiral[/u] is intending to keep you here [u]no matter what[/u]. [font=Times New Roman] [b][size=6]The Actual Chapters:[/size][/b] i. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/3169988/1#post_52272410]The Egg[/url] ii. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/3169988/1#post_52275247]A Nocturne, Of Course[/url] iii. TBA More To Be Announced! [/font] [font=Times New Roman] [b][size=6]The Inhabitants:[/size][/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/3169988#post_52273197]Click here.. If You Dare.[/url] [/font]

The Haunted Chateau

The Chapters

80443499_350.png You have entered an old, seemingly decrepit old mansion, and have wandered into the basement, somehow avoiding the inhabitants inside, per say. The basement is barren but full of books and tomes, all dusted over the years. Standing behind a counter is one of the inhabitants of this decrepit old mansion, a black Spiral Dragon with glowing green runes all over their body, and is wearing glasses as well as an old, cobwebbed witch hat. Something about this Spiral doesn't seem natural, though, as if it were a being just mimicking one.
The Spiral is busy reading something before it notices you. Something draws you towards them, an invisible force almost. After standing directly in front of the Spiral, they take out a massive book, full of bookmarks and about the size of a Fae in size. On the brown cover is gold lettering, saying, "History". The Spiral(?) then gestures towards the book, as if asking you to read. All you know is that you're going to read it, whether you like it or not, and this Spiral is intending to keep you here no matter what.

The Actual Chapters:
i. The Egg
ii. A Nocturne, Of Course
iii. TBA
More To Be Announced!

The Inhabitants:
Click here.. If You Dare.
EST timezone
1J6EBoZ.png

i. The Egg

Chapter List

It was a fairly normal afternoon, as all days should be. Lopin was roaming the hall, checking to make sure no intruding poltergeist had caused havoc in the rooms. Sure it was the seventeenth time he had done so today, but with all the spare time he had, why waste it on doing nothing? Mr. Nostradamus would be fine with it, especially since he can't fall asleep.

Because he's dead.

All the inhabitants of the Chateau, as Lopin liked to call it, were dead. Diego and Carmen, the two lovers, were dead. William, the executed Pirate, was dead. Even he, the butler, was dead. Everyone was dead in the Chateau. Except Nancy. Nobody knows what Nancy is.

Sure, it was sad that they were all dead, but now they had all the time in the world to do whatever they wanted, and Lopin and the others took it seriously. But the others took the "newfound freedom" as a meaning to cause trouble. Sure it wasn't major trouble, but it just annoyed Lopin the most.

Lopin sighed as heard a commotion involving the others downstairs in the main hallway. Floating through the walls, he made his way towards the entrance, only to see William and Diego currently fighting over something, something that Nancy was holding in their arms.

An egg was that something, to be exact.

"It's not yours!" William cried out, yelling in Diego's face.

"I know that!" Diego yelled back with equal intensity.

Lopin floated down next to Carmen, a fellow Skydancer, and asked, "What's going on here?"

"Nancy found an egg," Carmen answered, rolling her eyes.

Lopin then stared at Carmen, completely dumbfounded, then looked back at Nancy, thinking about what he considered was the impossible. "They couldn't have, could they?" he whispered back to Carmen.

"Nope," Carmen replied, still in an annoyed tone. "Nancy found it directly outside our doorstep."

Lopin sighed, then looked back at Diego and William, who were still bickering.

"It's an egg!" Diego said. "It needs to be taken care of!"

"And we're all dead!" William said back. "We can't take care off a living dragon!"

Realizing he should take control of the situation, Lopin cried out, "ENOUGH!", making everyone snap their attention to him.

"Cease your prattle!" Lopin said to Diego and William, who both gulped. "Nancy may have found it first, but we need to bring it to a proper home, since we're all, well, dead."

The whole house then shook. Everyone eyed Nancy, whose blank expression looked a little bit more angry than usual.

"FineWe'reKeepingIt," Lopin said quickly, not wanting to incur the wrath of Nancy.

The whole house then stopped shaking, and everyone sighed in relief.

"Well, whose going to take care of it?" William said, upset about the whole situation despite the fact he could face Nancy's wrath.

"I will, since I don't trust you all with it," Lopin said. "If Nancy allows it, of course," he said while eying Nancy nervously.

Nancy slowly nodded.

"Very well then," Lopin sighed in relief. "All in favor?"

Diego and Carmen nodded yes, while William said lazily, "Aye,"

After that, Nancy handed the egg over to Lopin, while everyone started to discuss what to do next. Lopin, with the egg, headed back to his main haunting room, the one where he "lived". He then muttered under his nonexistent breath while looking at the egg, "What have I gotten myself into?"

i. The Egg

Chapter List

It was a fairly normal afternoon, as all days should be. Lopin was roaming the hall, checking to make sure no intruding poltergeist had caused havoc in the rooms. Sure it was the seventeenth time he had done so today, but with all the spare time he had, why waste it on doing nothing? Mr. Nostradamus would be fine with it, especially since he can't fall asleep.

Because he's dead.

All the inhabitants of the Chateau, as Lopin liked to call it, were dead. Diego and Carmen, the two lovers, were dead. William, the executed Pirate, was dead. Even he, the butler, was dead. Everyone was dead in the Chateau. Except Nancy. Nobody knows what Nancy is.

Sure, it was sad that they were all dead, but now they had all the time in the world to do whatever they wanted, and Lopin and the others took it seriously. But the others took the "newfound freedom" as a meaning to cause trouble. Sure it wasn't major trouble, but it just annoyed Lopin the most.

Lopin sighed as heard a commotion involving the others downstairs in the main hallway. Floating through the walls, he made his way towards the entrance, only to see William and Diego currently fighting over something, something that Nancy was holding in their arms.

An egg was that something, to be exact.

"It's not yours!" William cried out, yelling in Diego's face.

"I know that!" Diego yelled back with equal intensity.

Lopin floated down next to Carmen, a fellow Skydancer, and asked, "What's going on here?"

"Nancy found an egg," Carmen answered, rolling her eyes.

Lopin then stared at Carmen, completely dumbfounded, then looked back at Nancy, thinking about what he considered was the impossible. "They couldn't have, could they?" he whispered back to Carmen.

"Nope," Carmen replied, still in an annoyed tone. "Nancy found it directly outside our doorstep."

Lopin sighed, then looked back at Diego and William, who were still bickering.

"It's an egg!" Diego said. "It needs to be taken care of!"

"And we're all dead!" William said back. "We can't take care off a living dragon!"

Realizing he should take control of the situation, Lopin cried out, "ENOUGH!", making everyone snap their attention to him.

"Cease your prattle!" Lopin said to Diego and William, who both gulped. "Nancy may have found it first, but we need to bring it to a proper home, since we're all, well, dead."

The whole house then shook. Everyone eyed Nancy, whose blank expression looked a little bit more angry than usual.

"FineWe'reKeepingIt," Lopin said quickly, not wanting to incur the wrath of Nancy.

The whole house then stopped shaking, and everyone sighed in relief.

"Well, whose going to take care of it?" William said, upset about the whole situation despite the fact he could face Nancy's wrath.

"I will, since I don't trust you all with it," Lopin said. "If Nancy allows it, of course," he said while eying Nancy nervously.

Nancy slowly nodded.

"Very well then," Lopin sighed in relief. "All in favor?"

Diego and Carmen nodded yes, while William said lazily, "Aye,"

After that, Nancy handed the egg over to Lopin, while everyone started to discuss what to do next. Lopin, with the egg, headed back to his main haunting room, the one where he "lived". He then muttered under his nonexistent breath while looking at the egg, "What have I gotten myself into?"
EST timezone
1J6EBoZ.png
You are now free to post and critique now! I may (or may not) continue this, as I wanted to get this out! Just one rule though, be nice!
You are now free to post and critique now! I may (or may not) continue this, as I wanted to get this out! Just one rule though, be nice!
EST timezone
1J6EBoZ.png
[center] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/3169988#post_3169988]Click Here for Main Page![/url] [font=Times New Roman] [size=7][b][u]List of Inhabitants (In Progress)[/u][/b][/size] [/center] [font=Times New Roman] [size=5][i]Lopin[/i][/size] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/80748933][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/807490/80748933_350.png[/img][/url] [size=5][i]Nancy[/i][/size] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/80443499][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/804435/80443499_350.png[/img][/url] [size=5][i]Samuel[/i][/size] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/80780425][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/807805/80780425_350.png[/img][/url] [/font] [size=7][b][i]MORE TO BE ADDED![/i][/b][/size]
Click Here for Main Page!

List of Inhabitants (In Progress)

Lopin
80748933_350.png
Nancy
80443499_350.png
Samuel
80780425_350.png

MORE TO BE ADDED!
EST timezone
1J6EBoZ.png

Chapter List
The day had come, the one Lopin dreaded. The day of the egg hatching, of course.

Sitting before all five ghosts (and... something) was a freshly hatched dragon, chirping and peeping at the dragons before them. And of course, it had to be a Nocturne, a notorious copycat, which Lopin knew it was going to be a troublemaker from the very beginning.

"So, what do we do now?" William asked, eyeballing the baby Nocturne.

"Lopin?" Carmen nudged him, as Lopin was currently whimpering. "It was your idea to take care of it,"

"W-Well," Lopin started, clearing his throat. "We now know that it's a Nocturne, which means that it eats bugs and meat. There's plenty of that here, so we can definitely take care of it." Lopin was now thankful it wasn't a baby Ridgeback, a notorious seafood-eater, something the ghosts couldn't procure.

"We can't just call it an 'it', though," Diego brought up. "It needs a name,"

"You just called it an 'it' right now," William mentioned, earning a scowl and a smushed foot from Diego. "Hey!" He cried out in response to Diego stepping on his foot, "We can touch each other, you know!"

Lopin sighed as he watched another argument develop between Diego and William, and especially at the newborn Nocturne, who was looking at William and Diego with curiosity.

"What would you name it, then?!" Diego said to William.

"Obviously not Diego Jr!" William cried back.

"Enough!" Lopin yelled out to both of them, causing to cease their arguing. This was one of the reasons why he dreaded the day the egg hatched.

"Well, what would you name it, Lopin?" William said in a mocking manner.

"Samuel," Carmen then said abruptly, looking at the baby Nocturne.

Everyone then looked at Carmen in confusion, then looked at each other. Nodding, they all said, "Good name,"

"Very well then, we shall call the Nocturne Samuel," Lopin said, happy that he didn't have to name it.

"Samuel! Samuel!" the Nocturne repeated, in a bird-like voice. Everyone then looked at the Nocturne in a mix of surprise and horror.

"Dear Earthshaker! They can speak after they had just hatched!"

Chapter List
The day had come, the one Lopin dreaded. The day of the egg hatching, of course.

Sitting before all five ghosts (and... something) was a freshly hatched dragon, chirping and peeping at the dragons before them. And of course, it had to be a Nocturne, a notorious copycat, which Lopin knew it was going to be a troublemaker from the very beginning.

"So, what do we do now?" William asked, eyeballing the baby Nocturne.

"Lopin?" Carmen nudged him, as Lopin was currently whimpering. "It was your idea to take care of it,"

"W-Well," Lopin started, clearing his throat. "We now know that it's a Nocturne, which means that it eats bugs and meat. There's plenty of that here, so we can definitely take care of it." Lopin was now thankful it wasn't a baby Ridgeback, a notorious seafood-eater, something the ghosts couldn't procure.

"We can't just call it an 'it', though," Diego brought up. "It needs a name,"

"You just called it an 'it' right now," William mentioned, earning a scowl and a smushed foot from Diego. "Hey!" He cried out in response to Diego stepping on his foot, "We can touch each other, you know!"

Lopin sighed as he watched another argument develop between Diego and William, and especially at the newborn Nocturne, who was looking at William and Diego with curiosity.

"What would you name it, then?!" Diego said to William.

"Obviously not Diego Jr!" William cried back.

"Enough!" Lopin yelled out to both of them, causing to cease their arguing. This was one of the reasons why he dreaded the day the egg hatched.

"Well, what would you name it, Lopin?" William said in a mocking manner.

"Samuel," Carmen then said abruptly, looking at the baby Nocturne.

Everyone then looked at Carmen in confusion, then looked at each other. Nodding, they all said, "Good name,"

"Very well then, we shall call the Nocturne Samuel," Lopin said, happy that he didn't have to name it.

"Samuel! Samuel!" the Nocturne repeated, in a bird-like voice. Everyone then looked at the Nocturne in a mix of surprise and horror.

"Dear Earthshaker! They can speak after they had just hatched!"
EST timezone
1J6EBoZ.png