Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Weekly Lore Challenge
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/h1wd6LK.png[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/OFMPNE5.png[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/h1wd6LK.png[/img] [size=7][size=6][font=vivaldi]Weekly Lore Challenge[/font][/size][/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/uOMPQbx.png[/img] General Info, Guidelines, Participant Pinglist | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/3132594/1#post_51142061]Q & A, Suggestions[/url] [img]https://i.imgur.com/UQm0ICa.png[/img][/center] [center][size=7][font=Times New Roman]General Info[/font][/size][/center] [b]Goal:[/b] Write out some lore for 2-4 of your dragons each week. [list][*]This doesn't mean you [i]have to[/i] reach this goal each week, it just gives you an idea of what to aim for. You can do more dragons per week, or less each week, or it can change on your mood or schedule, whatever floats your boat for this challenge. [*]Lore can include very, very basic things such as a few words of personality, assigning a gender, giving them a role in your clan/lair, or their favorite color, anything, literally [i]anything[/i]. Just gotta add something to their bio. [/list] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/iUpfZEB.png[/img][/center] [center][size=7][font=Times New Roman]Guidelines[/font][/size][/center] [list=1][*]This is an easygoing, lowkey challenge so don't stress yourself if you missed a week or didn't reach your personal dragon goal. It's ok. This is meant to be fun while also helping give dragons lore. [*]Feel free to share your progress through posting dragon widgets, spreadsheets, etc. anything! [*]When sharing progress, please be sure to tag/warn for any sensitive topics such as death, gore/violence, etc. so we can keep this place open and comfortable for everyone! [*]Progress tracking isn't a requirement either. My plan is to just go through my lair, dragon by dragon, and give tidbits of lore that I will eventually build on later. I'm not doing any special formatting for bios just yet because that's what kept me from completing dragon bios :wheeze: [/list] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/iUpfZEB.png[/img][/center] [center][size=7][font=Times New Roman]Participants / Pinglist[/font][/size][/center] @/Critique, @mistyevergreen, @Ne0nPr1nce, @OverheartBlue, @Glaceon1165, @/joyy, @DaydreamingKat, @Dramione, @Snekboop, @FAERIIES @/GhostWolf522, @StarlightCourt, @Alexstrasza, @Opossun, @Frame, @Magmish, @imginate, @Chatteringbird, @ViolentViolet77, @Aurealia, @naranciag = 21 participants [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/iUpfZEB.png[/img][/center] [center][size=7][font=Times New Roman]Timeline[/font][/size][/center] I am giving everyone until [b]Saturday, May 7th[/b] to "sign up" for the lore challenge! It's not a requirement, but it'd be fun to see who all participates and to share progress among the participants! You are totally welcome to participate with us from the shadows, no pressure at all! !! -> If you're planning on joining, [b]please include "Here for the lore!"[/b] in your post so I can add you to the participant pinglist! Also lmk if you don't want to be pinged on the list! The starting date will be [b]Sunday, May 8th[/b] at rollover. There is no end in sight [jkjk but tbh idk yet lol] I'm not sure how long this challenge should/could go on. I at least want it to last until every one of my dragons has a tidbit of lore in their bio. Yall can keep it going, stop whenever, or take a break at your leisure. I honestly have no clue how well this will take off; guess we'll see lol. [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/jVt0wI8.png[/img] [size=3]All art assets are from >[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2257922#post_2257922]Poisondart's Art Assets[/url]<[/size][/center]
h1wd6LK.pngOFMPNE5.pngh1wd6LK.png
Weekly Lore Challenge
uOMPQbx.png

General Info, Guidelines, Participant Pinglist | Q & A, Suggestions

UQm0ICa.png
General Info
Goal: Write out some lore for 2-4 of your dragons each week.
  • This doesn't mean you have to reach this goal each week, it just gives you an idea of what to aim for. You can do more dragons per week, or less each week, or it can change on your mood or schedule, whatever floats your boat for this challenge.
  • Lore can include very, very basic things such as a few words of personality, assigning a gender, giving them a role in your clan/lair, or their favorite color, anything, literally anything. Just gotta add something to their bio.
iUpfZEB.png
Guidelines
  1. This is an easygoing, lowkey challenge so don't stress yourself if you missed a week or didn't reach your personal dragon goal. It's ok. This is meant to be fun while also helping give dragons lore.
  2. Feel free to share your progress through posting dragon widgets, spreadsheets, etc. anything!
  3. When sharing progress, please be sure to tag/warn for any sensitive topics such as death, gore/violence, etc. so we can keep this place open and comfortable for everyone!
  4. Progress tracking isn't a requirement either. My plan is to just go through my lair, dragon by dragon, and give tidbits of lore that I will eventually build on later. I'm not doing any special formatting for bios just yet because that's what kept me from completing dragon bios :wheeze:
iUpfZEB.png
Participants / Pinglist
@/Critique, @mistyevergreen, @Ne0nPr1nce, @OverheartBlue, @Glaceon1165, @/joyy, @DaydreamingKat, @Dramione, @Snekboop, @FAERIIES @/GhostWolf522, @StarlightCourt, @Alexstrasza, @Opossun, @Frame, @Magmish, @imginate, @Chatteringbird, @ViolentViolet77, @Aurealia, @naranciag

= 21 participants
iUpfZEB.png
Timeline
I am giving everyone until Saturday, May 7th to "sign up" for the lore challenge! It's not a requirement, but it'd be fun to see who all participates and to share progress among the participants!
You are totally welcome to participate with us from the shadows, no pressure at all!

!! -> If you're planning on joining, please include "Here for the lore!" in your post so I can add you to the participant pinglist! Also lmk if you don't want to be pinged on the list!

The starting date will be Sunday, May 8th at rollover. There is no end in sight [jkjk but tbh idk yet lol]

I'm not sure how long this challenge should/could go on. I at least want it to last until every one of my dragons has a tidbit of lore in their bio. Yall can keep it going, stop whenever, or take a break at your leisure. I honestly have no clue how well this will take off; guess we'll see lol.
jVt0wI8.png
All art assets are from >Poisondart's Art Assets<
Crowleys_Catalogue_smol.png
Sig_Half_Banner_1.png
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/iUpfZEB.png[/img][/center] [center][size=7][font=Times New Roman]Q & A[/font][/size][/center] [b]Question:[/b] Would yall want me to generate a theme each week to help with inspiration? The theme could be applied numerous ways, such as regarding the dragon itself (a trait, a hobby, an occupation, etc.), or the theme could help inspire what kind of lore you write for the dragon. 4 yes [list][*]Make it an optional theme - Dramione [*]Moodboards as themes - Opossun [/list] 0 no [b]Question:[/b] Would people like to participate in a competitive side of this challenge? Going off of FAERIIE's suggestion below, would dragon/item raffles be good prizes for a certain number of weeks completed, or more something like a raffle entry for each dragon completed? Just tossing out ideas at this point; for now I plan to stick with just simple writing with possible add-ons sometime down the road. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this new competitive aspect (still would be kept lowkey and fun for everyone) of the lore challenge! [b]Question:[/b] Would people rather vote on themes or submit them through an anonymous form? [emoji=red gem size=1] Please ping me with "A to your Q" in your answer post so I can keep track of answers to questions better! [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/iUpfZEB.png[/img][/center] [center][size=7][font=Times New Roman]Suggestions[/font][/size][/center] [u]A point system - suggested by FAERIIE[/u] Bonus points as a self-reward for writing lore for so many weeks or reaching a dragon goal. [i]My thoughts:[/i] This is an interesting idea! I like it's potential to add a smidgen of competition to the challenge. I would prolly do something like so many points earns a special badge or a few extra raffle entries. For now I'd like to stick with just the easygoing writing aspect, but I am definitely gonna keep the points idea in mind for the future! ----- [u]Competition - ideas from Alexstrasza[/u] Strict judging to reduce drama/bad blood; rewards would be something along the lines of in-game items such as moderately valued apparel items, common skincents, fams, etc. or rewards could be special badges given to winners of lore that meet judging criteria. [i]My thoughts:[/i] Not quite sure I want to implement a competitive side just yet (especially since we haven't even started lol), but I see no harm in starting plans and getting ideas for some fun competition later on. I do agree on the judging; I'd hate to ruin the vibes of WLC because of some competition, but at the same time I know people enjoy competing for items, bragging rights, satisfaction, etc. I've been thinking of running two parts of WLC if enough people would want a competitive side to WLC, one that's competitive and would require a different sign-up, prizes, competition info and such (to keep things organized), and then the original one with relaxed writing and progress on this thread. I'm hesitant to jump into a competition right away since that would require a lot more planning and collaboration, but I'm still open to the idea and would love to see it happen at some point in WLC's future! I'm thinking of doing a few weeks of just lore for now so everyone can get used to it and gauge/consider whether they'd participiate in/enjoy some competition for prizes and raffles. TLDR; [list][*]Great ideas, and I will definitely take them into consideration! [*]I will not be implementing any competition just yet [*]I want to start off with just writing lore for now [*]For clarity's sake, this is not a 'no', it's a "let's wait until we have our feet under us" answer :D [/list] ----- [u]Constructive Feedback/Critique - suggested by Opossun[/u] Helping each other out with grammar, spelling, syntax, etc. [i]My Thoughts:[/i] This is a great idea and would be a helpful tool for others to improve not only their lore but their writing as well! To avoid any situation devolving into just giving critique where it's not wanted, we could make sure to clearly say if we want feedback/critique or not, that way people aren't just handing out criticisms left and right and leaving people feeling disappointed or discouraged. I would hate for that to happen, so there would be a mini-system in place to help regulate the feedback, but overall I like the idea!! [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/uOMPQbx.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/jVt0wI8.png[/img] [size=3]All art assets are from >[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2257922#post_2257922]Poisondart's Art Assets[/url]<[/size][/center]
iUpfZEB.png
Q & A
Question: Would yall want me to generate a theme each week to help with inspiration? The theme could be applied numerous ways, such as regarding the dragon itself (a trait, a hobby, an occupation, etc.), or the theme could help inspire what kind of lore you write for the dragon.
4 yes
  • Make it an optional theme - Dramione
  • Moodboards as themes - Opossun
0 no

Question: Would people like to participate in a competitive side of this challenge? Going off of FAERIIE's suggestion below, would dragon/item raffles be good prizes for a certain number of weeks completed, or more something like a raffle entry for each dragon completed?
Just tossing out ideas at this point; for now I plan to stick with just simple writing with possible add-ons sometime down the road. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this new competitive aspect (still would be kept lowkey and fun for everyone) of the lore challenge!

Question: Would people rather vote on themes or submit them through an anonymous form?

Please ping me with "A to your Q" in your answer post so I can keep track of answers to questions better!
iUpfZEB.png
Suggestions
A point system - suggested by FAERIIE
Bonus points as a self-reward for writing lore for so many weeks or reaching a dragon goal.

My thoughts: This is an interesting idea! I like it's potential to add a smidgen of competition to the challenge. I would prolly do something like so many points earns a special badge or a few extra raffle entries. For now I'd like to stick with just the easygoing writing aspect, but I am definitely gonna keep the points idea in mind for the future!

Competition - ideas from Alexstrasza
Strict judging to reduce drama/bad blood; rewards would be something along the lines of in-game items such as moderately valued apparel items, common skincents, fams, etc. or rewards could be special badges given to winners of lore that meet judging criteria.

My thoughts: Not quite sure I want to implement a competitive side just yet (especially since we haven't even started lol), but I see no harm in starting plans and getting ideas for some fun competition later on. I do agree on the judging; I'd hate to ruin the vibes of WLC because of some competition, but at the same time I know people enjoy competing for items, bragging rights, satisfaction, etc. I've been thinking of running two parts of WLC if enough people would want a competitive side to WLC, one that's competitive and would require a different sign-up, prizes, competition info and such (to keep things organized), and then the original one with relaxed writing and progress on this thread.
I'm hesitant to jump into a competition right away since that would require a lot more planning and collaboration, but I'm still open to the idea and would love to see it happen at some point in WLC's future! I'm thinking of doing a few weeks of just lore for now so everyone can get used to it and gauge/consider whether they'd participiate in/enjoy some competition for prizes and raffles.
TLDR;
  • Great ideas, and I will definitely take them into consideration!
  • I will not be implementing any competition just yet
  • I want to start off with just writing lore for now
  • For clarity's sake, this is not a 'no', it's a "let's wait until we have our feet under us" answer :D

Constructive Feedback/Critique - suggested by Opossun
Helping each other out with grammar, spelling, syntax, etc.

My Thoughts: This is a great idea and would be a helpful tool for others to improve not only their lore but their writing as well! To avoid any situation devolving into just giving critique where it's not wanted, we could make sure to clearly say if we want feedback/critique or not, that way people aren't just handing out criticisms left and right and leaving people feeling disappointed or discouraged. I would hate for that to happen, so there would be a mini-system in place to help regulate the feedback, but overall I like the idea!!

uOMPQbx.png
jVt0wI8.png
All art assets are from >Poisondart's Art Assets<
Sig_Half_Banner_1.png
res
res
Sig_Half_Banner_1.png
post away!
post away!
Sig_Half_Banner_1.png
@critique a to your q I would love a prompt each week! it could be like an optional prompt too so those who dont wanna go off it dont have to
@critique a to your q I would love a prompt each week! it could be like an optional prompt too so those who dont wanna go off it dont have to
Z2lj1wu.png
Twitter: RachelsQuill
wishlist
My Art Shop
@Dramione ohhh yeah! i like that version of the idea!
@Dramione ohhh yeah! i like that version of the idea!
Sig_Half_Banner_1.png
@Critique A to your Q - I agree with Dramione, a prompt each week would be great but it would be better to make it optional. Sometimes people might not have time to write…

also- point system as a bit of a reward for taking time to write? whenever you write a prompt, post it here and you’ll get a point? not a competition, just a tiny bonus

Also, here for the lore! I need more motivation to write and more ideas…
@Critique A to your Q - I agree with Dramione, a prompt each week would be great but it would be better to make it optional. Sometimes people might not have time to write…

also- point system as a bit of a reward for taking time to write? whenever you write a prompt, post it here and you’ll get a point? not a competition, just a tiny bonus

Also, here for the lore! I need more motivation to write and more ideas…
60884365.png 51165548.png <
< pat?

<
Im hyped!
Im hyped!
yeah oh yeah yeah oohh yeah yeah
Excited!!! It'll be nice to read other people's lore and share my own :]
Excited!!! It'll be nice to read other people's lore and share my own :]
Woo! This would help with the Collection Sanctuary so much as we give lore and art to dragons to help them getting adopted.
Is it okay if I ping a few of my friends here?
Woo! This would help with the Collection Sanctuary so much as we give lore and art to dragons to help them getting adopted.
Is it okay if I ping a few of my friends here?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10