Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [lore] The Shatterstar Pack
1 2 3
Awesome, it's good to see your thread getting set up! I've added a link to your section in the Allies post. Thank you for the ping and for crediting me! Hoping your holidays and NotN are going well so far! ^^
Awesome, it's good to see your thread getting set up! I've added a link to your section in the Allies post. Thank you for the ping and for crediting me! Hoping your holidays and NotN are going well so far! ^^
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Disillusionist

Wow that was super fast! Thank you for taking the time to reply! I'll be adding your clan to the allies page once I get that sorted out. I hope your holidays are going well too!
@Disillusionist

Wow that was super fast! Thank you for taking the time to reply! I'll be adding your clan to the allies page once I get that sorted out. I hope your holidays are going well too!
Tirtouga | FR +16 | she/her

That was such a sweet story! I think it's a good introduction to your clan lore; it sets such a nice, friendly tone. And the last sentence is just~ *chef kiss*
That was such a sweet story! I think it's a good introduction to your clan lore; it sets such a nice, friendly tone. And the last sentence is just~ *chef kiss*
@Disillusionist

Thank you! I was a little worried about it not flowing enough, since I haven’t been writing for a while. Glad it seems fine to you! The last sentence was something that just popped into my head, haha. Seemed like a good place to end things off!

Any particular dragons you’d like me to write about next?
@Disillusionist

Thank you! I was a little worried about it not flowing enough, since I haven’t been writing for a while. Glad it seems fine to you! The last sentence was something that just popped into my head, haha. Seemed like a good place to end things off!

[quote name="Tirtouga678" date="2021-03-23 21:11:53" ] Any particular dragons you’d like me to write about next? [/quote] No strong preference, tbh! I just enjoy stories as they roll in instead of focusing on particular dragons. ^^
Tirtouga678 wrote on 2021-03-23 21:11:53:
No strong preference, tbh! I just enjoy stories as they roll in instead of focusing on particular dragons. ^^
@Disillusionist

That’s a nice approach!
@Disillusionist

That’s a nice approach!

OMG Goldthorn!!! I'm so glad to be able to read her story [emoji=heart size=1]
OMG Goldthorn!!! I'm so glad to be able to read her story
xxxxx11291.png xxxxxxxxxxx star | she/her | fr +15
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xlxdisplay dragon
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxkillers in the clan
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xlxfriend rising discord
@Starwindrider

<3333
I was wondering about who to start off with and Goldthorn seemed like a good fit! Glad I got to explore her POV more :D
@Starwindrider

<3333
I was wondering about who to start off with and Goldthorn seemed like a good fit! Glad I got to explore her POV more :D

[center][b][i][size=6][font=times new roman]Prologue[/size][/b][/i] [size=5][font=times new roman]Skysplash [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/41384519][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/413846/41384519_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [font=times new roman][size=4]seafoam butterflies flit aimlessly in the darkness. raise your eyes to the lightless sky and cry out, reach out for the faded stars. etch the constellations of your memory in your scales, in your robes, until you are emblazoned with rosy runes and the whispers of galaxies whenever you struggle against the raging tides. even though the stars may have abandoned you do not despair. cover your fear with the fragile wings of a butterfly and summon its ilk to guide you in the starless night. waves crash against the shore and foam adorns you with a crown of fast-fading fantasy. let the butterflies guide you, stewardess of the sea. [center][size=2]@StarryLune @Disillusionist @Petall @Starwindrider @Littlepotato711 @ShinyDecidueye @SecondToLast[/size][/center] I LIVE A quick paragraph for today! I was trying to pin down Skysplash's characterisation, something that's eluded me for a good 2-3 years. Recently I've been experimenting with this writing style - don't know what this style is called, but it's pretty fun. (I spent more time editing the coding than actually writing the paragraph, wow.)
Prologue

Skysplash

41384519_350.png

seafoam butterflies flit aimlessly in the darkness. raise your eyes to the lightless sky and cry out, reach out for the faded stars. etch the constellations of your memory in your scales, in your robes, until you are emblazoned with rosy runes and the whispers of galaxies whenever you struggle against the raging tides. even though the stars may have abandoned you do not despair. cover your fear with the fragile wings of a butterfly and summon its ilk to guide you in the starless night. waves crash against the shore and foam adorns you with a crown of fast-fading fantasy. let the butterflies guide you, stewardess of the sea.

I LIVE

A quick paragraph for today! I was trying to pin down Skysplash's characterisation, something that's eluded me for a good 2-3 years. Recently I've been experimenting with this writing style - don't know what this style is called, but it's pretty fun.

(I spent more time editing the coding than actually writing the paragraph, wow.)

This is a pretty nice exercise! I think it's a great way to stretch the writing chops and use more descriptive words that might not fit into a regular story or dialogue. It's a nice way to build atmosphere around the character too. Very pretty, melancholy imagery here!
This is a pretty nice exercise! I think it's a great way to stretch the writing chops and use more descriptive words that might not fit into a regular story or dialogue. It's a nice way to build atmosphere around the character too. Very pretty, melancholy imagery here!
1 2 3