Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [Fanfic] The Light at the End of the Era
1 2
(A/N: This was inspired by the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2915722/1]Impocalypse/let’s chaos thread[/url]. Namely, @BrightBreeze ’s comment about Wind’s balloons and the Sunbeam Ruins becoming a home for many dragons trying to stay dry after [spoiler]the Water flight takes over all of Sornieth because of a final Dominance event culminating in all the Flights except Water falling.[/spoiler] I [i]strongly[/i] suggest reading through the Impocalypse thread linked above or by reading the condensed version of the events in Wish/the Lorebreaker’s bio below in order to get full context of things: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63671590][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/636716/63671590_350.png[/img][/url]) ----- [center][font=Times New Roman][size=4]The Light at the End of an Era Ranoma looked down at where the Tangled Wood once stood from her spot on her Tundra confidant Mechinomo’s head at the edge of the Sunbeam Ruins. The Tangled Wood could barely be seen underneath the sea, blurry and obscured by the depths of the ocean that covered Sornieth. Ever since Tidelord has finally taken his rule over the land, the lands had submerged and fallen to his briny depths and magic, swallowing almost all the land in sight. The only land that remained livable on was the land of Light, where the water only reached up to a Tundra’s knees. The balloons of the Wind flight had also survived, being able to withstand the tides and rise above them. Many of the dragons that couldn’t breathe in the water had begun to try and rebuild their clans with whatever materials they had brought with them, either creating rickety hideaways barely standing above the water with the weathering ruins and scraps or just living in the balloons themselves, hoping the water would not be able to reach them. “Maybe we should go back in,” Mechinomo said, closing a satchel filed with various bugs, some plants that had been uprooted from the flooding, mussels, and some mice. “I think we have enough food to feed the clan. Plus, the sunlight is starting to hurt my eyes, dear.” He pulled the hood of his long black cloak covering his body over him to try and shield his eyes from the light. It was so bright in the Ruins that many of the Shadow dragons (Ranoma and Mechinomo included) found it harsh and would often need cloaks or some other article of clothing to shield themselves from said sunlight. “Alright, dear.” Ranoma answered, her monotone Fae voice remaining the same while her head crests lowered, a sign of sorrow in the Fae’s Crest language. Ranoma held onto Mechinomo’s head to further shield herself from the sun as the Tundra began to fly. It didn’t take too long for the two to reach their makeshift home, a tent of black fabrics trying their best to cover and obscure the light, a couple weathering pillars acting as supports for them. A wooden raft acted as the floor, built around and anchored by the pillars as well. It was as the two walked into their lair that they heard two dragons arguing. “I keep telling you Mordaine, she’s real and she’s coming!” Levii, a brown Tundra said as he looked worriedly at the blue Mirror adorned with glowing pink crystals. “Naomi was never real, Levii,” Mordaine said, turning away from the Light dragon and towards the softly glowing candles. “She was a myth created by a Fae from the Starwood Strand during the early Fourth Age as a simple campfire story. Not even the deities or even the Shade have ever had magic like that.” “She’s not a myth!” Levii suddenly said, his voice getting louder. “Haven’t you felt these magic surges? Something is coming and we need to protect ourselves from-” “These magic surges aren’t because of Naomi!” Mordaine said, her wings and extra feathers flaring out at him from underneath her cloak. “They’re elemental reactions from the world because of the other deities falling. The world’s elements are out of balance and have been reacting as such. It’s not some ‘glitch’, whatever that is.” The azure Fae finally spoke up, taking off her hood. “That’s enough,” She said, looking over at the two. “What is going on?” The Mirror opened her mouth about to speak before quickly roaring and clawing at the ground. Her body scales quickly began to turn pale as the wiggly markings in her wings and body began to disappear. Her eyes turned bright pink and began to glow with a pink static as head cartilage began to transform into a Fae’s head crest. “Run!” Levii suddenly yelled. “It’s beginning!” The Tundra ran out into the water, his yellow eyes dilated in fear and not noticing his fur changing into a paler color just like the Mirror. Mechinomo stepped closer to Mordaine, who seemed to be hiding underneath the cloak now. “Mordaine...? Are you alright?” He said, his voice quivering just a slight bit. “Who is Mordaine?” A different voice called out from under the cloak. A white Fae with blue wings stepped out from under the cloak, her eyes emitting a glowing pink static. “I am Naomi.” As the Fae said this, many more roars erupted from outside, similar to the one Mordaine had uttered before her transformation. Naomi began to fly near the two, but the Tundra and Fae quickly stepped back before beginning to run back outside. As they ran, they saw more dragons across the water and in the skies transforming into more Naomis. In a moment of desperation, Ranoma began to fly upwards towards the sky, Mechinomo flying close behind. As she flew towards the skies, a group of Naomis began to follow them close behind. Ranoma began to fly quicker, trying to escape the Naomis when one of them came out of a balloon and tore off her cloak, exposing her to the harsh light of the sun. Despite this, she kept flying. Even as the light began to blind her, she kept flying towards the sky. Despite the boards of Naomis flying right behind her, despite Mechinomo being overtaken by the Naomis, and despite the light burning her scales as they turned a pale white and dark blue, she kept flying. She never stopped, not even for a second. She just kept on flying towards the light. In the Sornieth sky and once harsh sun, a Fae stopped flying upward, flapping her wings idly. But it was not Ranoma that stopped flying towards the light; it was Naomi. [/size][/font][/center] ----- (Anyway, I hoped you enjoyed that story! Feel free to give me your thoughts and critiques on it and don’t forget to PM @Skyfrost if you wanna join Team Apocalypse!)
(A/N: This was inspired by the Impocalypse/let’s chaos thread. Namely, @BrightBreeze ’s comment about Wind’s balloons and the Sunbeam Ruins becoming a home for many dragons trying to stay dry after the Water flight takes over all of Sornieth because of a final Dominance event culminating in all the Flights except Water falling. I strongly suggest reading through the Impocalypse thread linked above or by reading the condensed version of the events in Wish/the Lorebreaker’s bio below in order to get full context of things:
63671590_350.png)

The Light at the End of an Era

Ranoma looked down at where the Tangled Wood once stood from her spot on her
Tundra confidant Mechinomo’s head at the edge of the Sunbeam Ruins. The Tangled Wood could barely be seen underneath the sea, blurry and obscured by the depths of the ocean that covered Sornieth.
Ever since Tidelord has finally taken his rule over the land, the lands had submerged
and fallen to his briny depths and magic, swallowing almost all the land in sight. The only land that remained livable on was the land of Light, where the water only reached up to a Tundra’s knees. The balloons of the Wind flight had also survived, being able to withstand the tides and rise above them. Many of the dragons that couldn’t breathe in the water had begun to try and rebuild their clans with whatever materials they had brought with them, either creating rickety hideaways barely standing above the water with the weathering ruins and scraps or just living in the balloons themselves, hoping the water would not be able to reach them.
“Maybe we should go back in,” Mechinomo said, closing a satchel filed with various
bugs, some plants that had been uprooted from the flooding, mussels, and some mice. “I think we have enough food to feed the clan. Plus, the sunlight is starting to hurt my eyes, dear.” He pulled the hood of his long black cloak covering his body over him to try and shield his eyes from the light. It was so bright in the Ruins that many of the Shadow dragons (Ranoma and Mechinomo included) found it harsh and would often need cloaks or some other article of clothing to shield themselves from said sunlight.
“Alright, dear.” Ranoma answered, her monotone Fae voice remaining the same while
her head crests lowered, a sign of sorrow in the Fae’s Crest language. Ranoma held onto Mechinomo’s head to further shield herself from the sun as the Tundra began to fly. It didn’t take too long for the two to reach their makeshift home, a tent of black fabrics trying their best to cover and obscure the light, a couple weathering pillars acting as supports for them. A wooden raft acted as the floor, built around and anchored by the pillars as well. It was as the two walked into their lair that they heard two dragons arguing.
“I keep telling you Mordaine, she’s real and she’s coming!” Levii, a brown Tundra said
as he looked worriedly at the blue Mirror adorned with glowing pink crystals.
“Naomi was never real, Levii,” Mordaine said, turning away from the Light dragon and
towards the softly glowing candles. “She was a myth created by a Fae from the Starwood Strand during the early Fourth Age as a simple campfire story. Not even the deities or even the Shade have ever had magic like that.”
“She’s not a myth!” Levii suddenly said, his voice getting louder. “Haven’t you felt these
magic surges? Something is coming and we need to protect ourselves from-”
“These magic surges aren’t because of Naomi!” Mordaine said, her wings and extra
feathers flaring out at him from underneath her cloak. “They’re elemental reactions from the world because of the other deities falling. The world’s elements are out of balance and have been reacting as such. It’s not some ‘glitch’, whatever that is.”
The azure Fae finally spoke up, taking off her hood. “That’s enough,” She said, looking
over at the two. “What is going on?” The Mirror opened her mouth about to speak before quickly roaring and clawing at the ground. Her body scales quickly began to turn pale as the wiggly markings in her wings and body began to disappear. Her eyes turned bright pink and began to glow with a pink static as head cartilage began to transform into a Fae’s head crest.
“Run!” Levii suddenly yelled. “It’s beginning!” The Tundra ran out into the water,
his yellow eyes dilated in fear and not noticing his fur changing into a paler color just like the Mirror. Mechinomo stepped closer to Mordaine, who seemed to be hiding underneath the cloak now.
“Mordaine...? Are you alright?” He said, his voice quivering just a slight bit.
“Who is Mordaine?” A different voice called out from under the cloak. A white Fae with
blue wings stepped out from under the cloak, her eyes emitting a glowing pink static. “I am Naomi.”
As the Fae said this, many more roars erupted from outside, similar to the one Mordaine
had uttered before her transformation. Naomi began to fly near the two, but the Tundra and Fae quickly stepped back before beginning to run back outside. As they ran, they saw more dragons across the water and in the skies transforming into more Naomis.
In a moment of desperation, Ranoma began to fly upwards towards the sky,
Mechinomo flying close behind. As she flew towards the skies, a group of Naomis began to follow them close behind. Ranoma began to fly quicker, trying to escape the Naomis when one of them came out of a balloon and tore off her cloak, exposing her to the harsh light of the sun.
Despite this, she kept flying. Even as the light began to blind her, she kept flying
towards the sky. Despite the boards of Naomis flying right behind her, despite Mechinomo being overtaken by the Naomis, and despite the light burning her scales as they turned a pale white and dark blue, she kept flying. She never stopped, not even for a second. She just kept on flying towards the light.

In the Sornieth sky and once harsh sun, a Fae stopped flying upward, flapping her
wings idly. But it was not Ranoma that stopped flying towards the light; it was Naomi.

(Anyway, I hoped you enjoyed that story! Feel free to give me your thoughts and critiques on it and don’t forget to PM @Skyfrost if you wanna join Team Apocalypse!)
Halloween-Raffle-01.png CATTAFANG.
that guy-| FR+2

Shady Boye
thomas.png
"Currently: bein spooky-"

z9OsVtc.png
rI18gRz.png
NlmYDAS.png
YES
THE LOREBREAKER IS COMING FOR YOUR SOULS
YES
THE LOREBREAKER IS COMING FOR YOUR SOULS
AND-GOD-SAID.png
@Cattafang
Lorebreaker
It didn't take long for the news to spread.
The Naomis took over Sornieth at a startling rate, chasing dragons to the four corners of the globe as they attempted to escape the Glitch Queen. Dragons looked for refuge wherever they could, hiding in cracks and crevices from the myth that had come to life.
They had barely survived Water's victory. Now they were attacked on all sides by Naomi.
Panting, a fae named Discovery bent over as he tried to catch his breath. Faes weren't the best-built dragons for escaping hordes of Naomis.
Trembling, he reached up to knock on the door of the Clan of Forgotten Dreams. They resided in a long-since forgotten spire, where the water was only a few inches deep at most.
They were rumored to be the last safe clan in Sornieth. Dragons had tried and failed to locate the mysterious clan, given the fact that any and all memories of them faded from dragon minds.
The perfect refuge to escape the talons of Naomi.
Knock knock
The door was opened by a hulking Guardian.
Her arcane eyes widened in surprise at the haggard fae on the doorsteps.
However, before she could speak, Discovery cut her off.
"Can you let me in? Please? I'm being chased by Naomis. Please, help, I'm injured and... haven't...slept since the....the Naomi.. plague."
Fearless was about to ask for what he was talking about when another commotion drew her attention.
The clattering of bones in the distance revealed a white and azure fae, glaring straight at the Guardian.
The Guardian's pale scales became even whiter and she yanked Discovery inside before slamming the door.
"Thank... you...."
The fae rasped.
"No need to thank me." The guard replied as she grabbed her spear, assuming a defensive stance should the Naomi attempt to force her way inside.
"You honestly shouldn't thank me."
"Why... not?"
"Because I didn't save you."
Fearless spared a glance full of pity for the fae.
"But.. you're the last...safe clan...on Sornieth."
The Guardian laughed a humorless laugh.
"We're never safe. Especially when you house the Lorebreaker."
"The Lorebreaker?"
"Yes, the Lorebreaker. The one who started it all."
And behind them, a certain bogsneak laughed.
((What do you think? I yeeted Wish into the story.))
@Cattafang
Lorebreaker
It didn't take long for the news to spread.
The Naomis took over Sornieth at a startling rate, chasing dragons to the four corners of the globe as they attempted to escape the Glitch Queen. Dragons looked for refuge wherever they could, hiding in cracks and crevices from the myth that had come to life.
They had barely survived Water's victory. Now they were attacked on all sides by Naomi.
Panting, a fae named Discovery bent over as he tried to catch his breath. Faes weren't the best-built dragons for escaping hordes of Naomis.
Trembling, he reached up to knock on the door of the Clan of Forgotten Dreams. They resided in a long-since forgotten spire, where the water was only a few inches deep at most.
They were rumored to be the last safe clan in Sornieth. Dragons had tried and failed to locate the mysterious clan, given the fact that any and all memories of them faded from dragon minds.
The perfect refuge to escape the talons of Naomi.
Knock knock
The door was opened by a hulking Guardian.
Her arcane eyes widened in surprise at the haggard fae on the doorsteps.
However, before she could speak, Discovery cut her off.
"Can you let me in? Please? I'm being chased by Naomis. Please, help, I'm injured and... haven't...slept since the....the Naomi.. plague."
Fearless was about to ask for what he was talking about when another commotion drew her attention.
The clattering of bones in the distance revealed a white and azure fae, glaring straight at the Guardian.
The Guardian's pale scales became even whiter and she yanked Discovery inside before slamming the door.
"Thank... you...."
The fae rasped.
"No need to thank me." The guard replied as she grabbed her spear, assuming a defensive stance should the Naomi attempt to force her way inside.
"You honestly shouldn't thank me."
"Why... not?"
"Because I didn't save you."
Fearless spared a glance full of pity for the fae.
"But.. you're the last...safe clan...on Sornieth."
The Guardian laughed a humorless laugh.
"We're never safe. Especially when you house the Lorebreaker."
"The Lorebreaker?"
"Yes, the Lorebreaker. The one who started it all."
And behind them, a certain bogsneak laughed.
((What do you think? I yeeted Wish into the story.))
AND-GOD-SAID.png
YES, it is perfection
YES, it is perfection
UeDZaC8.png
@Skyfrost

(I don’t like it. i love it!)
@Skyfrost

(I don’t like it. i love it!)
that guy-| FR+2

Shady Boye
thomas.png

z9OsVtc.png
rI18gRz.png
NlmYDAS.png
((@Cattafang
The Lorebreaker laughs, throwing back her head.
"You flatter me, child."
))
((@Cattafang
The Lorebreaker laughs, throwing back her head.
"You flatter me, child."
))
AND-GOD-SAID.png
((@Skyfrost

now that I think about it, do you think Levii would survive since he’s a descendant of Naomi or would he just become another one of the Naomis?))
((@Skyfrost

now that I think about it, do you think Levii would survive since he’s a descendant of Naomi or would he just become another one of the Naomis?))
that guy-| FR+2

Shady Boye
thomas.png

z9OsVtc.png
rI18gRz.png
NlmYDAS.png
((@Cattafang He should survive.
Meanwhile, the Lorebreaker simply grins and says nothing.
The light illuminates her, or at least her pixels.
She simply grins, for she knows the true response to your question.
))
((@Cattafang He should survive.
Meanwhile, the Lorebreaker simply grins and says nothing.
The light illuminates her, or at least her pixels.
She simply grins, for she knows the true response to your question.
))
AND-GOD-SAID.png
Break

Discovery flinched at the harsh sound of the Lorebreaker's laughter while Fearless snared briefly. No matter how many centuries you spend with her, you never get used to the godless dragon.
"You are dismissed."
Her voice was terrifying and full of static as her form blinked in and out of existence from one moment to the next.
Fearless took no time in vanishing.
Soon it was just Discovery and the Lorebreaker.
The Bogsneak shifted her gaze to the fae as the smaller dragon squeaked and took a step back.
She herself wasn't very imposing, the Lorebreaker was no larger than the average dragon. It was her aura that had frightened the fae out of his wits.
The Lorebreaker seemed to be flashing, appearing to vanish and reassemble in front of Discovery's shocked eyes. Sometimes he could see right through her at the wall behind and when the LOrebreaker moved, reality seemed to distort around her figure.
It wasn't as if She was moving, but the world around Her was.
"W-W-what are you?" Discorvery blurted out, scrambling to get away from the Dragon before him.
"Don't be afraid. 63671590 won't hurt you." The Lorebreaker grinned, the walls glitching around her.
"636-what?"
What was she talking about?
The Lorebreaker laughed again.
"I'm not real. Just a few 'unmoving' pixels and bits of code on a screen. I can't get you here."
Pixels? Code?
Is she insane?
Dragon #63671590 grinned as her profile page completely vanished into a 404 error page for an instant.
"I'm just a figment of your imagination. A puppet for the writers to control. A 'lore creature'."
https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=18&bodygene=13&breed=14&element=1&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=174&tertgene=10&winggene=13&wings=18&auth=4f6906781f1964d766c391d273606b62040f4d1e&dummyext=prev.png's eyes glimmered with hate as her code flashed briefly before dragon ^#^&!%()'s shocked eyes.
"Just a few pieces of code eh? Just a 'virtual' virus?"
"We'll see about that, won't we."
"We'll see about what is really 'virtual' when you're just as fake as me."
Break

Discovery flinched at the harsh sound of the Lorebreaker's laughter while Fearless snared briefly. No matter how many centuries you spend with her, you never get used to the godless dragon.
"You are dismissed."
Her voice was terrifying and full of static as her form blinked in and out of existence from one moment to the next.
Fearless took no time in vanishing.
Soon it was just Discovery and the Lorebreaker.
The Bogsneak shifted her gaze to the fae as the smaller dragon squeaked and took a step back.
She herself wasn't very imposing, the Lorebreaker was no larger than the average dragon. It was her aura that had frightened the fae out of his wits.
The Lorebreaker seemed to be flashing, appearing to vanish and reassemble in front of Discovery's shocked eyes. Sometimes he could see right through her at the wall behind and when the LOrebreaker moved, reality seemed to distort around her figure.
It wasn't as if She was moving, but the world around Her was.
"W-W-what are you?" Discorvery blurted out, scrambling to get away from the Dragon before him.
"Don't be afraid. 63671590 won't hurt you." The Lorebreaker grinned, the walls glitching around her.
"636-what?"
What was she talking about?
The Lorebreaker laughed again.
"I'm not real. Just a few 'unmoving' pixels and bits of code on a screen. I can't get you here."
Pixels? Code?
Is she insane?
Dragon #63671590 grinned as her profile page completely vanished into a 404 error page for an instant.
"I'm just a figment of your imagination. A puppet for the writers to control. A 'lore creature'."
https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=18&bodygene=13&breed=14&element=1&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=174&tertgene=10&winggene=13&wings=18&auth=4f6906781f1964d766c391d273606b62040f4d1e&dummyext=prev.png's eyes glimmered with hate as her code flashed briefly before dragon ^#^&!%()'s shocked eyes.
"Just a few pieces of code eh? Just a 'virtual' virus?"
"We'll see about that, won't we."
"We'll see about what is really 'virtual' when you're just as fake as me."
AND-GOD-SAID.png
The Lone Crystalspine

Under a wooden plank raft covered with a bunch of dark fabrics, a Tundra named Levii
woke up, hidden in the fabrics in fear of the Naomis. His fur, once morphed with taupe and dark brown, was now a lighter, stone-like color and his thylacine stripes had faded from their bright purple color into a sky blue color. His wings, unlike his fur, had darkened into an azure shade of blue, edged with a navy blue and teal. Despite the silence that seemed to signify an area unaffected by the sudden Naomipocalypse, the Tundra still hid in fear of the Glitch Queen’s cronies (or would they be clonies?) finding him.
He never could’ve guessed that this was how Sornieth would end; underwater, with
the deities gone and many dragons transforming into clones of the Glitch Queen he descended from. Maybe that was why he was still himself? As he began to ponder his survival further, he suddenly yelped at the sound of the raft being stopped by something in its way. Levii peeked out of the rickety raft only to come face to face with... a Crystalspine? Weren’t these all submerged underwater with the rest of Arcane though? In fact, how long had he been asleep? All he remembered was hiding in the raft from the Naomis before blacking out.
He crawled out of the dark fabric, looking around this new area. The water seemed to
be only a few inches deep and the spine itself was completely isolated from where any other Crystalspines would be. Hopping off of his raft, he walked around the spine, eventually finding a door. The Tundra knocked on it, ignoring his better judgement and hoping that whoever was inside (if there was anyone at all) wasn’t dangerous...

((@Skyfrost - forgot to tag you when I originally posted this))
The Lone Crystalspine

Under a wooden plank raft covered with a bunch of dark fabrics, a Tundra named Levii
woke up, hidden in the fabrics in fear of the Naomis. His fur, once morphed with taupe and dark brown, was now a lighter, stone-like color and his thylacine stripes had faded from their bright purple color into a sky blue color. His wings, unlike his fur, had darkened into an azure shade of blue, edged with a navy blue and teal. Despite the silence that seemed to signify an area unaffected by the sudden Naomipocalypse, the Tundra still hid in fear of the Glitch Queen’s cronies (or would they be clonies?) finding him.
He never could’ve guessed that this was how Sornieth would end; underwater, with
the deities gone and many dragons transforming into clones of the Glitch Queen he descended from. Maybe that was why he was still himself? As he began to ponder his survival further, he suddenly yelped at the sound of the raft being stopped by something in its way. Levii peeked out of the rickety raft only to come face to face with... a Crystalspine? Weren’t these all submerged underwater with the rest of Arcane though? In fact, how long had he been asleep? All he remembered was hiding in the raft from the Naomis before blacking out.
He crawled out of the dark fabric, looking around this new area. The water seemed to
be only a few inches deep and the spine itself was completely isolated from where any other Crystalspines would be. Hopping off of his raft, he walked around the spine, eventually finding a door. The Tundra knocked on it, ignoring his better judgement and hoping that whoever was inside (if there was anyone at all) wasn’t dangerous...

((@Skyfrost - forgot to tag you when I originally posted this))
that guy-| FR+2

Shady Boye
thomas.png

z9OsVtc.png
rI18gRz.png
NlmYDAS.png
1 2