Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | I'll help you price your art (Retired)
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 76 77
Hello! I've also recently been wondering what my digital paintings would be worth, I don't really have a clue as to how I would price them, maybe anywhere from 50-450 gems per painting, depending on (heavy air quotations, all my examples are super messy eek) neatness and complexity? I've seen both of the videos you linked and find it difficult to place myself in any of the categories listed, but I'd consider my works to be closer to the "beginner" levels considering how recently I actually got serious about studies and whatnot. Thank you very much anyway :>

https://www.deviantart.com/alamire
Hello! I've also recently been wondering what my digital paintings would be worth, I don't really have a clue as to how I would price them, maybe anywhere from 50-450 gems per painting, depending on (heavy air quotations, all my examples are super messy eek) neatness and complexity? I've seen both of the videos you linked and find it difficult to place myself in any of the categories listed, but I'd consider my works to be closer to the "beginner" levels considering how recently I actually got serious about studies and whatnot. Thank you very much anyway :>

https://www.deviantart.com/alamire
YQFYQ59.png
@SpearTheDemon

Alright you're getting a small bonk here. Your art is definitely worth more than a minimum of 10kt. Alright going down the list here we go.

First one;
Solid color, solid linework, good cloth physics, nice effects with the firefly. I wouldn't quite call this shaded, more like depth accents. For this, around 90kt to 120kt. You've got a good starting understanding of cloth physics but some more practice will help you out a lot. Practice drawing different types of cloth and clothes, see how they wrinkle and sit. Hair and fur will also be awesome practice to take on so you can make areas like the mane a little more cleanly detailed.

Second one;
This one is a lot more simple. Still has some nice solid color and vibrancy. I'd go from 50kt to 65kt. I'm seeing some more execution issues in this one. For example, the line of the shirt going over the arm, the line of the eyes going over the white, ect. There's also a lot of yellow here. Making the square outside of the circle or the inner circle fill different will break up that bright background. You're already working with a lot of bright colors on the character so that can get overwhelming quickly. There's also a few general anatomy things here. Shoulders, arms, ect. You drew that hand really well though I love it. Hands are hard so a major kudos for that one.

Last one;
Alright so since it is a fullbody you're automatically charging a higher base price. Looking at the whole picture, your colors and linework are really nice. The background looks awesome and provides a nice dark contrast in comparison to the lighter character. My comments here would again be anatomy practice. You've got a solid footing so far so hammer out a few pages of anatomy practice and it'll get way easier. My other comment is less a critique and more a tip. The stars in the background are spaced out a little too cleanly. Humans naturally want to put things in patterns so trying to hand-draw something like stars without a reference will usually end in too perfect placement. If you have a program that has a splatter brush or a particle effect those are great for stars. Some custom brushes are also just designed for stars. For this piece I'd price around 250kt to 350kt. This is also a simpler character with less going on overall, so always charge for more complex designs, more apparel, ect ect.
@SpearTheDemon

Alright you're getting a small bonk here. Your art is definitely worth more than a minimum of 10kt. Alright going down the list here we go.

First one;
Solid color, solid linework, good cloth physics, nice effects with the firefly. I wouldn't quite call this shaded, more like depth accents. For this, around 90kt to 120kt. You've got a good starting understanding of cloth physics but some more practice will help you out a lot. Practice drawing different types of cloth and clothes, see how they wrinkle and sit. Hair and fur will also be awesome practice to take on so you can make areas like the mane a little more cleanly detailed.

Second one;
This one is a lot more simple. Still has some nice solid color and vibrancy. I'd go from 50kt to 65kt. I'm seeing some more execution issues in this one. For example, the line of the shirt going over the arm, the line of the eyes going over the white, ect. There's also a lot of yellow here. Making the square outside of the circle or the inner circle fill different will break up that bright background. You're already working with a lot of bright colors on the character so that can get overwhelming quickly. There's also a few general anatomy things here. Shoulders, arms, ect. You drew that hand really well though I love it. Hands are hard so a major kudos for that one.

Last one;
Alright so since it is a fullbody you're automatically charging a higher base price. Looking at the whole picture, your colors and linework are really nice. The background looks awesome and provides a nice dark contrast in comparison to the lighter character. My comments here would again be anatomy practice. You've got a solid footing so far so hammer out a few pages of anatomy practice and it'll get way easier. My other comment is less a critique and more a tip. The stars in the background are spaced out a little too cleanly. Humans naturally want to put things in patterns so trying to hand-draw something like stars without a reference will usually end in too perfect placement. If you have a program that has a splatter brush or a particle effect those are great for stars. Some custom brushes are also just designed for stars. For this piece I'd price around 250kt to 350kt. This is also a simpler character with less going on overall, so always charge for more complex designs, more apparel, ect ect.
vDH0pGc.png
@MilkyWayRising

I approve of your shout. 10/10 good advice.

So, peepin' that example here I'm gonna say you're close but can probably bump your prices up a bit. You've got fantastic detail work, a good grasp of anatomy and 3D shapes, the expression shines through even with the realistic style, and you've got a good flow to posing that leads your eye through it. I'd say you can probably bump to at least $25 and maybe a max around $28. If it were a simpler character $20 might be fair but for something like that with all the apparel and body details, definitely charge more. It may not take you as long, but you need to charge for your skill level as well.
@MilkyWayRising

I approve of your shout. 10/10 good advice.

So, peepin' that example here I'm gonna say you're close but can probably bump your prices up a bit. You've got fantastic detail work, a good grasp of anatomy and 3D shapes, the expression shines through even with the realistic style, and you've got a good flow to posing that leads your eye through it. I'd say you can probably bump to at least $25 and maybe a max around $28. If it were a simpler character $20 might be fair but for something like that with all the apparel and body details, definitely charge more. It may not take you as long, but you need to charge for your skill level as well.
vDH0pGc.png
@137

Feels weird pinging a number but anywho let me hit you with some reality here, you're more than capable of charging USD for this. And way more than the range you just gave me. Sure some of them are a little less polished and obvious studies, but you've got some serious anatomical, lighting, painting, and and color understanding.

I'm gonna go through your gallery from the first to the last real quick here and price them out in USD. The USD to G ratio is $1 to 100 so there's an easy conversion for you. I won't be going into too in-depth critique here but if you want any let me know!

1) $6 to $10. This one is a sketchier example and definitely needs some more solid highlights to bring the character out from the background, but you've got some stellar style and anatomy in this. The wings are beautiful and the pose is very dynamic.
2) $12 to $18. If the background had some more details you'd be in the $20 range and if there was more rendering you'd easily be in the $30 to $40. There's understanding of scenes here, a good dynamic light, a good range of values (though some areas could use a smidge more dark/light range) and some complex details in that machine.
3) Looking at just the kelp here, though the bubbles are adorable, $8 to $12. Complex scene, good amount of light and depth, I know what I'm looking at up close or far away.
4) Looking mostly at that face here, probably around $4 to $7 just because it looks a little quick. I like the shading, the hand looks good, the face has some nice anatomy.
5) $10 to $14. Really nice color, good abstract, good lighting effects.
6) $13 to $18. Really pretty details, nice anatomy, good lighting and shading effects.

You're absolutely not a beginner. You're novice, yes, but not a beginner. The thing I'd say that will help you level up so to speak is rendering. Learning how to fully polish something will just make it that much better. Your painting style is beautiful and uses a lot of simplicity, but adding some more polish is gonna help you out so much. The kelp is a good example of this If the colors were blended a bit more with some implication of texture you'd have a much more in-depth piece. I hope this helps you out a bit. :)
@137

Feels weird pinging a number but anywho let me hit you with some reality here, you're more than capable of charging USD for this. And way more than the range you just gave me. Sure some of them are a little less polished and obvious studies, but you've got some serious anatomical, lighting, painting, and and color understanding.

I'm gonna go through your gallery from the first to the last real quick here and price them out in USD. The USD to G ratio is $1 to 100 so there's an easy conversion for you. I won't be going into too in-depth critique here but if you want any let me know!

1) $6 to $10. This one is a sketchier example and definitely needs some more solid highlights to bring the character out from the background, but you've got some stellar style and anatomy in this. The wings are beautiful and the pose is very dynamic.
2) $12 to $18. If the background had some more details you'd be in the $20 range and if there was more rendering you'd easily be in the $30 to $40. There's understanding of scenes here, a good dynamic light, a good range of values (though some areas could use a smidge more dark/light range) and some complex details in that machine.
3) Looking at just the kelp here, though the bubbles are adorable, $8 to $12. Complex scene, good amount of light and depth, I know what I'm looking at up close or far away.
4) Looking mostly at that face here, probably around $4 to $7 just because it looks a little quick. I like the shading, the hand looks good, the face has some nice anatomy.
5) $10 to $14. Really nice color, good abstract, good lighting effects.
6) $13 to $18. Really pretty details, nice anatomy, good lighting and shading effects.

You're absolutely not a beginner. You're novice, yes, but not a beginner. The thing I'd say that will help you level up so to speak is rendering. Learning how to fully polish something will just make it that much better. Your painting style is beautiful and uses a lot of simplicity, but adding some more polish is gonna help you out so much. The kelp is a good example of this If the colors were blended a bit more with some implication of texture you'd have a much more in-depth piece. I hope this helps you out a bit. :)
vDH0pGc.png
I'd love to get a good reading on prices for my stuff. I know my anatomy isn't exactly the best, but I know my coloring can give me an edge as well as my other niche for drawing in MS Paint.

It also helps that I can do some animation as well.
https://www.deviantart.com/blueblythe/journal/Commission-Info-844055913

Some chibi's that aren't on DA yet:
https://i.imgur.com/W5q6U7J.png
https://i.imgur.com/jtAOEjz.png
I'd love to get a good reading on prices for my stuff. I know my anatomy isn't exactly the best, but I know my coloring can give me an edge as well as my other niche for drawing in MS Paint.

It also helps that I can do some animation as well.
https://www.deviantart.com/blueblythe/journal/Commission-Info-844055913

Some chibi's that aren't on DA yet:
https://i.imgur.com/W5q6U7J.png
https://i.imgur.com/jtAOEjz.png
@Blueblythe

Ooo I love your style. Alright since there's a lot of examples here I'm not going to go through them one by one or I'd be writing for like an hour. I'll go by the categories you have listed on your journal.

First off your chibis; yep. Fair price I'd say! Could probably charge more for some of the more complex chibis. If you're feeling like the amount of work you're putting into them isn't worth the payout anymore then you can easily go up to $20 if you wanted to! I still believe that'd be fair. A sliding scale might also help you out there.

Halfbodies; I'd bonk these up just a bit. $40 minimum but that first example looks well worth $45 to me. If you're not comfortable going that high, $35 to $38 is also a fair range.

Fullbody; noooo holy hecc too cheap. $55 minimum. Probably could hit $65 for that second example.

Comics; charge per panel. Each panel is a drawing. Depending on the level of complexity a client asks for that can be several headshot or halfbody pieces with full backgrounds. Charge accordingly. Chibi styles are easier and it looks like you have a simplified style for it, but I'd never recommend a flat charge for a comic unless you have a strict panel limit.

Emotes; I'd say these are fair for the style and number of frames. Could possibly bump that up to $22 to $25 and I'd still say you're in the realm of fairness.

As for that last one if you'd like to DM me I'm comfortable with said art types and I can give you some pricing advice for that as well.

So! Overall, I'd say your prices are pretty fair though you can definitely bump up a bit across the board. General advice would just be anatomy practice, though I saw nothing that jumped out at me while I was scrolling through. If you want me to give you some in-depth critiques I can absolutely do so! Just let me know! :)
@Blueblythe

Ooo I love your style. Alright since there's a lot of examples here I'm not going to go through them one by one or I'd be writing for like an hour. I'll go by the categories you have listed on your journal.

First off your chibis; yep. Fair price I'd say! Could probably charge more for some of the more complex chibis. If you're feeling like the amount of work you're putting into them isn't worth the payout anymore then you can easily go up to $20 if you wanted to! I still believe that'd be fair. A sliding scale might also help you out there.

Halfbodies; I'd bonk these up just a bit. $40 minimum but that first example looks well worth $45 to me. If you're not comfortable going that high, $35 to $38 is also a fair range.

Fullbody; noooo holy hecc too cheap. $55 minimum. Probably could hit $65 for that second example.

Comics; charge per panel. Each panel is a drawing. Depending on the level of complexity a client asks for that can be several headshot or halfbody pieces with full backgrounds. Charge accordingly. Chibi styles are easier and it looks like you have a simplified style for it, but I'd never recommend a flat charge for a comic unless you have a strict panel limit.

Emotes; I'd say these are fair for the style and number of frames. Could possibly bump that up to $22 to $25 and I'd still say you're in the realm of fairness.

As for that last one if you'd like to DM me I'm comfortable with said art types and I can give you some pricing advice for that as well.

So! Overall, I'd say your prices are pretty fair though you can definitely bump up a bit across the board. General advice would just be anatomy practice, though I saw nothing that jumped out at me while I was scrolling through. If you want me to give you some in-depth critiques I can absolutely do so! Just let me know! :)
vDH0pGc.png
@Viscere

Thank you so much for the in-depth information! I've adjusted the prices accordingly. I plan on doing more kinetic poses to help practice with anatomy (am surprised no rated R-requests yet in all honesty).

And yea, the comic part makes sense. I'm gonna bump it to maybe $15-20 a panel (which incidentally increases a 4-panel koma to $60-80 kek).
@Viscere

Thank you so much for the in-depth information! I've adjusted the prices accordingly. I plan on doing more kinetic poses to help practice with anatomy (am surprised no rated R-requests yet in all honesty).

And yea, the comic part makes sense. I'm gonna bump it to maybe $15-20 a panel (which incidentally increases a 4-panel koma to $60-80 kek).
Oop, hey im gonna drop in and ask what i should price my art at! You seem to give really good feedback, and its super nice of you! Looking for Treasure/gem and USD prices Sorry that its so image heavy :') I dont have anywhere with all my art in one place So heres some of what ive been doing? Icons [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/582966166809739264/738562133973008444/1596138771693.png[/img][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/582966166809739264/750633798651346964/1598032231077.png[/img][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/582966166809739264/750633798848217098/1597286299585.png[/img] Fullbody stuff [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/747922485105918002/750318117162582086/1598256664566.png[/img][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/582966166809739264/750634610890899466/1598048306410.png[/img][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/582966166809739264/588158627555311666/1560298150447.png[/img][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/582966166809739264/586317841284726784/1559859295575.png[/img] Pixel stuffs [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/582966166809739264/719622090835361862/1591641583983.png[/img][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/582966166809739264/718015678673846332/1579764480505.png[/img][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/582966166809739264/633687837396697099/1571153296739.png[/img]
Oop, hey im gonna drop in and ask what i should price my art at! You seem to give really good feedback, and its super nice of you! Looking for Treasure/gem and USD prices
Sorry that its so image heavy :')
I dont have anywhere with all my art in one place

So heres some of what ive been doing?
Icons
1596138771693.png1598032231077.png1597286299585.png

Fullbody stuff
1598256664566.png1598048306410.png1560298150447.png1559859295575.png

Pixel stuffs
1591641583983.png1579764480505.png1571153296739.png
J5u7xwy.gift7cIgcw.gif
Thxs for the tips! I realy need to practice a lot more lol
Thxs for the tips! I realy need to practice a lot more lol

Wishlist
Sales Tab
310_Sem_Titulo_20221009000627.png 310_Sem_Titulo2_20221009000344.png
Ok, first off Thanks like a million for all of your efforts here. I already have some super useful info just from leafing through the first few pages of this thread. I'm looking to open a lineless adopt shop in the near future, but I'm waiting to finish my skydancer base. I was thinking 50 for the base brice and a 10\20\30 price increase per gene difficulty, and maybe an extra 50 for any apparel, 100 for skins. These might not be the exact prices i jotted down but i don't have my notes on hand. So we'll just say thats what it is. I haven't resized them so sorry for a huge picture. I used a triple basic stone dragon as the model. [img]https://i.imgur.com/7htgNIf.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/X1xS7vS.png[/img] I know some of my lines aren't the cleanest and unfortunately thats due to using a cheap digitial pen. I'm getting a raise soon and i can invest in a pen with pressure sensitivity, which should help with stabilization as well.
Ok, first off Thanks like a million for all of your efforts here. I already have some super useful info just from leafing through the first few pages of this thread. I'm looking to open a lineless adopt shop in the near future, but I'm waiting to finish my skydancer base.

I was thinking 50 for the base brice and a 10\20\30 price increase per gene difficulty, and maybe an extra 50 for any apparel, 100 for skins. These might not be the exact prices i jotted down but i don't have my notes on hand. So we'll just say thats what it is.

I haven't resized them so sorry for a huge picture. I used a triple basic stone dragon as the model.

7htgNIf.png

X1xS7vS.png

I know some of my lines aren't the cleanest and unfortunately thats due to using a cheap digitial pen. I'm getting a raise soon and i can invest in a pen with pressure sensitivity, which should help with stabilization as well.
Pix-fam.png
I-C-adopt.png

Pixel Familiars

Adopt Shop
_________________________________ Hatchery

Dress dragons. Win Treasure.
Nest.png
Luminax-mini.png
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 76 77