Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [CLOSED] Make Me Write! Free lore!
1 2
@abysea
Here's what I worked up for Teagarden! I hope you enjoy!
"Let's talk about it over a cup of tea. I have the perfect blend for this."
Teagarden's mere presence in a room can be enough to soothe her fellow dragons. Whether through allowing cranky hatchlings a moment to snuggle up in her fluffy coat, letting an angsty teenage dragon vent in a judgment-free space, or simply inviting an overwhelmed adult over to enjoy a custom blend of tea, picked fresh from her carefully curated garden, Teagarden is known for being able to tell exactly what is needed to soothe the worries of her clan-mates.
While this may seem a bit unremarkable to outsiders, this ability to soothe mental and emotional pains is something that Teagarden takes great pride in. After all, she has worked just as hard as her more combat-ready brethren to hone her patience, listening ears, and tea-making skills.
"It is those invisible enemies, the ones our minds create for us, that we must be the most vigilant against.”
@abysea
Here's what I worked up for Teagarden! I hope you enjoy!
"Let's talk about it over a cup of tea. I have the perfect blend for this."
Teagarden's mere presence in a room can be enough to soothe her fellow dragons. Whether through allowing cranky hatchlings a moment to snuggle up in her fluffy coat, letting an angsty teenage dragon vent in a judgment-free space, or simply inviting an overwhelmed adult over to enjoy a custom blend of tea, picked fresh from her carefully curated garden, Teagarden is known for being able to tell exactly what is needed to soothe the worries of her clan-mates.
While this may seem a bit unremarkable to outsiders, this ability to soothe mental and emotional pains is something that Teagarden takes great pride in. After all, she has worked just as hard as her more combat-ready brethren to hone her patience, listening ears, and tea-making skills.
"It is those invisible enemies, the ones our minds create for us, that we must be the most vigilant against.”
@0loser0
Thought it was gonna take me a little longer to proofread this, but I think it's all set! I almost got a little carried away, but I controlled myself.
"I am here merely to observe, not to enact my will upon the world."
Growing up, Ghost considered the world around her, especially the other dragons that inhabited it, to be a complete mystery. She had a hard time comprehending why others behaved the way they did. Because of this, she took to spending most of her time just watching, and in time, she began to recognize patterns in the behavior of those around her.
As her understanding of psychology and motivation grew, she took to recording the things she had learned in a notebook that she always kept with her. Even as an adult, many other dragons found this behavior a bit unsettling. While some were content to leave Ghost to her odd hobby, others worked to ostracize her.
However, one fae dragon, named Slayer, found her discoveries rather fascinating. Although it took a lot of work for him to get her to trust him with her years of notes, once he had earned her trust, it was like a dam breaking, as though Ghost was trying to make up for years of hiding her own loneliness.
@0loser0
Thought it was gonna take me a little longer to proofread this, but I think it's all set! I almost got a little carried away, but I controlled myself.
"I am here merely to observe, not to enact my will upon the world."
Growing up, Ghost considered the world around her, especially the other dragons that inhabited it, to be a complete mystery. She had a hard time comprehending why others behaved the way they did. Because of this, she took to spending most of her time just watching, and in time, she began to recognize patterns in the behavior of those around her.
As her understanding of psychology and motivation grew, she took to recording the things she had learned in a notebook that she always kept with her. Even as an adult, many other dragons found this behavior a bit unsettling. While some were content to leave Ghost to her odd hobby, others worked to ostracize her.
However, one fae dragon, named Slayer, found her discoveries rather fascinating. Although it took a lot of work for him to get her to trust him with her years of notes, once he had earned her trust, it was like a dam breaking, as though Ghost was trying to make up for years of hiding her own loneliness.
@WhimsyWrites
Thank you so much, I love what you came up with!
@WhimsyWrites
Thank you so much, I love what you came up with!
2XruB4R.png
tysm!! i love your writing and what you came up with for ghost!
tysm!! i love your writing and what you came up with for ghost!
sa_by_dragondear-dbjnlgf.png
628CD78C-9298-412D-B043-A7D90AE2BA8F.gif
call me clarice ( formerly 0loser0 ! )
pronounz are she/they
my timezone is current fr time
online at random moment
@Jxckal
Aaannnddd....Here's Saint's! Hope you enjoy! The lil quote at the top sounds familiar to me, so it might actually be from a thing? Regardless, I hope this capture the essence of your rebellious dragon!
“Where the saints walk, trouble often follows.”
There’s a lot of debate about whether Saint’s name is a self-given contradiction or a sign of his parent’s now-shattered expectations. Saint seems to enjoy the mystery of it all, and only smiles smugly when anyone asks him about his name. Suggesting names more fitting of his troublesome reputation, however, often ends in a brawl. Whatever the story behind Saint’s name is, he sure seems to be attached to it.
The mystery of Saint’s name is just one part of the larger mystery of Saint’s history. While he is often seen about town, spending time with all sorts of less-than-savory characters, no one can tell you much of anything about where Saint came from or why he’s ended up here, of all places. What they can tell you, though, is that Saint and trouble go hand-in-hand. Whether he causes it or is just drawn to it doesn’t matter.

Alrighty! Next Up Are:
@tinyelephant
@SkySerenade
@SpiritX
Thanks for trusting me with your dragon's stories. I'm excited to get to work on them!
@Jxckal
Aaannnddd....Here's Saint's! Hope you enjoy! The lil quote at the top sounds familiar to me, so it might actually be from a thing? Regardless, I hope this capture the essence of your rebellious dragon!
“Where the saints walk, trouble often follows.”
There’s a lot of debate about whether Saint’s name is a self-given contradiction or a sign of his parent’s now-shattered expectations. Saint seems to enjoy the mystery of it all, and only smiles smugly when anyone asks him about his name. Suggesting names more fitting of his troublesome reputation, however, often ends in a brawl. Whatever the story behind Saint’s name is, he sure seems to be attached to it.
The mystery of Saint’s name is just one part of the larger mystery of Saint’s history. While he is often seen about town, spending time with all sorts of less-than-savory characters, no one can tell you much of anything about where Saint came from or why he’s ended up here, of all places. What they can tell you, though, is that Saint and trouble go hand-in-hand. Whether he causes it or is just drawn to it doesn’t matter.

Alrighty! Next Up Are:
@tinyelephant
@SkySerenade
@SpiritX
Thanks for trusting me with your dragon's stories. I'm excited to get to work on them!
@WhimsyWrites Ahhh thank you so much, I love it!
@WhimsyWrites Ahhh thank you so much, I love it!
S O K O L
knowledge of comprehension, benevolence, and aesthetics | active | slowly revamping
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
@tinyelephant
@SkySerenade
@SpiritX

Hey guys! Just a little update. Things have become just absolute chaos IRL for me, so I haven't had a lot of creative energy to spare. I promise I will be getting to your paragraphs soon!
@tinyelephant
@SkySerenade
@SpiritX

Hey guys! Just a little update. Things have become just absolute chaos IRL for me, so I haven't had a lot of creative energy to spare. I promise I will be getting to your paragraphs soon!
@WhimsyWrites
Could you ping me if this opens again?
@WhimsyWrites
Could you ping me if this opens again?
Owl-2-20200914125609.png
@Crytzall
I am not sure if I'll be able to reopen this, but I will be opening up a lore shop at some point if you're interested.
@tinyelephant

Sorry to take so long! Water Dom was intense but very fun. Good news is that I am now back to writing up some lore!

Here's what I have for Coimbra:
Even as a hatchling, Coimbra had a hard time letting things go. After all, how could a pet frog go from being your best friend to nothing more than a memory in just a moment? So, Coimbra built shrines to the things that he lost or outgrew. These small spaces became what he liked to call his "Cemetery of Bonds."
While unsettled by this behavior, Coimbra's parents also recognized that this attachment to memories and things lost seemed to help him comfort his fellow dragons. Hoping to help him focus his energy on that rather than dwell in melancholy, they asked the clan's cemetery caretaker, a trusted figure known for his reverence for the dead and for his patience in guiding others through grief, to take young Coimbra under his wing. Under his new mentor's watchful eye, Coimbra learned about the Rites of Reverence and how they were meant more to comfort the living than to honor those that had passed on.
Once his mentor was content with Coimbra's education, he left the clan's sacred cemetery to his pupil. Now, Coimbras spends many quiet days tending to the graves, and to the people who come to visit them.
@Crytzall
I am not sure if I'll be able to reopen this, but I will be opening up a lore shop at some point if you're interested.
@tinyelephant

Sorry to take so long! Water Dom was intense but very fun. Good news is that I am now back to writing up some lore!

Here's what I have for Coimbra:
Even as a hatchling, Coimbra had a hard time letting things go. After all, how could a pet frog go from being your best friend to nothing more than a memory in just a moment? So, Coimbra built shrines to the things that he lost or outgrew. These small spaces became what he liked to call his "Cemetery of Bonds."
While unsettled by this behavior, Coimbra's parents also recognized that this attachment to memories and things lost seemed to help him comfort his fellow dragons. Hoping to help him focus his energy on that rather than dwell in melancholy, they asked the clan's cemetery caretaker, a trusted figure known for his reverence for the dead and for his patience in guiding others through grief, to take young Coimbra under his wing. Under his new mentor's watchful eye, Coimbra learned about the Rites of Reverence and how they were meant more to comfort the living than to honor those that had passed on.
Once his mentor was content with Coimbra's education, he left the clan's sacred cemetery to his pupil. Now, Coimbras spends many quiet days tending to the graves, and to the people who come to visit them.
@WhimsyWrites I'm definitely interested! Ping me when/if you ever open a shop.
@WhimsyWrites I'm definitely interested! Ping me when/if you ever open a shop.
Owl-2-20200914125609.png
1 2