Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [LORE WIP] The Last City
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/UlMt5Jt.png[/img] [columns][color=transparent]xxxx [nextcol][center] [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjwLXMA-we8]I lay there, and watched the god I had created die. At the end when we were cold as the stone we had hewn his body from. When the lights were nearly all extinguished, we heard in the silent distance, the Manpigs singing to one another. Then, as the last lights were gone, and we lay together in the deep, they drifted away, and all was silent. Such a silence, I have never known. And as the dust settled on my open eyes and we lay together embraced forever, I heard miles above us, the sounds of the city turning over in its sleep. A church bell ringing out. And in that moment, the new century was born [/url] - Oswald Mandus, Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs ----- [b]The House Always Wins.[/b] Welcome to [b]The Last City[/b], a city of neon lights that resides in the darkness of constant rolling clouds. Not many in the city have seen the sun in a long time, though its rays shine through in the day. Other cities on the scorched planet of Xorus go quiet when the searing heat comes about in the day, but the Last City is lively at every hour of the long day. The Last City is home to multiple gangs. While most small ones get stomped out by the larger quickly, those who can make it are the ones with real power. The most powerful faction is [b]Blacklight House[/b], a gang with connections and influence that almost entirely encapsulates the city. They have successfully stomped out every other smaller gang to ensure their own power, but their match is starting to gain a foothold in the city. [b]The Deck[/b] is the newest gang to really get leverage on Blacklight House. They're as elusive as seeing the sun, traveling around the Last City's regions to get behind Blacklight House and snap at their heels. ----- [b]Xorus[/b] is a self-made planet that does not exist in the Flight Rising canon. All figures in The Last City are Flight Rising dragons, excluding certain self-made breeds unique to Xorus. Please do not use my breeds without explicit consent from me. [b]The Last City[/b] is greatly inspired [b]Cloudpunk[/b]. Enjoy! [nextcol][color=transparent]xxxx [/columns]
UlMt5Jt.png
xxxx
I lay there, and watched the god I had created die. At the end when we were cold as the stone we had hewn his body from. When the lights were nearly all extinguished, we heard in the silent distance, the Manpigs singing to one another.

Then, as the last lights were gone, and we lay together in the deep, they drifted away, and all was silent. Such a silence, I have never known. And as the dust settled on my open eyes and we lay together embraced forever, I heard miles above us, the sounds of the city turning over in its sleep.

A church bell ringing out.

And in that moment, the new century was born

- Oswald Mandus, Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs

The House Always Wins.

Welcome to The Last City, a city of neon lights that resides in the darkness of constant rolling clouds. Not many in the city have seen the sun in a long time, though its rays shine through in the day. Other cities on the scorched planet of Xorus go quiet when the searing heat comes about in the day, but the Last City is lively at every hour of the long day.

The Last City is home to multiple gangs. While most small ones get stomped out by the larger quickly, those who can make it are the ones with real power. The most powerful faction is Blacklight House, a gang with connections and influence that almost entirely encapsulates the city. They have successfully stomped out every other smaller gang to ensure their own power, but their match is starting to gain a foothold in the city.

The Deck is the newest gang to really get leverage on Blacklight House. They're as elusive as seeing the sun, traveling around the Last City's regions to get behind Blacklight House and snap at their heels.

Xorus is a self-made planet that does not exist in the Flight Rising canon. All figures in The Last City are Flight Rising dragons, excluding certain self-made breeds unique to Xorus. Please do not use my breeds without explicit consent from me.

The Last City is greatly inspired Cloudpunk.

Enjoy!
xxxx
S O K O L
knowledge of comprehension, benevolence, and aesthetics | active | slowly revamping
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
[img]https://i.imgur.com/OS2m1ss.png[/img] [columns][color=transparent]xxxx [nextcol][center]The Last City is an island city with an area of 201km[sup]2[/sup]. The city is under control of [b]Blacklight House[/b], a major gang that keeps the city under their rule by aggressively taxing residents and ensuring money constantly flows to the gang. There are 7 major regions within the Last City: Alpharis, Laguna, Midtown, Bayshore, The Drifts, Talhas, and Regis. [b]Alpharis[/b] Alpharis is considered the suburban area in the Last City, even though it is contained within the city area. Most buildings here are middle-income residential and family-owned businesses. [nextcol][color=transparent]xxxx [/columns] [img]https://i.gyazo.com/71367e66597bd7a54c90e3f63632d48d.jpg[/img] [columns][color=transparent]xxxx [nextcol][center][b]Laguna[/b] Laguna is the notorious entertainment district, full of clubs, bars, lounges, and sleazy hotels. [nextcol][color=transparent]xxxx [/columns] [img]https://i.gyazo.com/fd46d76cbd8a7e0f4be312cae244c9eb.jpg[/img]
OS2m1ss.png
xxxx
The Last City is an island city with an area of 201km2. The city is under control of Blacklight House, a major gang that keeps the city under their rule by aggressively taxing residents and ensuring money constantly flows to the gang.

There are 7 major regions within the Last City: Alpharis, Laguna, Midtown, Bayshore, The Drifts, Talhas, and Regis.

Alpharis

Alpharis is considered the suburban area in the Last City, even though it is contained within the city area. Most buildings here are middle-income residential and family-owned businesses.
xxxx
71367e66597bd7a54c90e3f63632d48d.jpg
xxxx
Laguna

Laguna is the notorious entertainment district, full of clubs, bars, lounges, and sleazy hotels.
xxxx
fd46d76cbd8a7e0f4be312cae244c9eb.jpg
S O K O L
knowledge of comprehension, benevolence, and aesthetics | active | slowly revamping
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx
ToxrvHn.gif