Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | WIP Dewette's Diary
1 2 3
"Don' you know eet ees very impolite to snoop inside a lady's closet?!"
All uncredited graphics courtesy of sockmonkeygerald
"Don' you know eet ees very impolite to snoop inside a lady's closet?!"
All uncredited graphics courtesy of sockmonkeygerald
UTakosS.pngY5AUp2a.gif qzV0stX.png
200824 [center][font=blackadder itc][size=6][b]A Summer Correspondence[/b][/size][/font] [img]https://i.imgur.com/ovJbsvq.png[/img][/center] [font=blackadder itc][size=6]Dear Diary,[/size][/font] [font=lucida handwriting][size=4]You know, I always sot zat life on ze Jolly Rhymer was zo srilling zat zees would be eet for me, but zuddenly I am ressless an' ze life aboardship, eet ees not enough. (I zay nossing to Whizzy; zey would say eet was juss ze Spiral way, you know?) I 'ave good friends 'ere, an' always I 'ave Whizzy, but lately I cannot zit steell. I go up on ze crow nest every day. I zink I am looking for a scent on ze breeze, zomesing. I tell you a funny sing, Diary. I am steell sinking on ze tall poet I met at ze Jamboree. We 'ad ze impromptu luncheon, you know? 'E was zo calm an' I am zo restless all ze time. Whizzy, zey look for ze address of my poet dragon, but all zey got was ze address to mail to zeir friend, Petrie. I do not know zees Petrie, but Whizzy. zey sink zey are ze same clan of my tall poet. Zey did not find ze poet's address because ze Captain, well, 'e came back to ees cabin an' Whizzy was not supposed to be in zere. But luckily ze window, eet ees round an' Whizzy, zey are small enough to fit. I sent a letter to ze Poet Petrie. Whizzy would not write eet for me. Ah, bah! It was 'arder zan I sot eet would be; I chewed up one of ze Capitan's quills, but 'e 'as many zo I 'hope 'e doesn't notice! Whizzy, zey are almoss ready to go 'ome, you know? But we weel take our time. An' we stay on ship 'til I get a reply to ze letter.[/size][/font] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/aurZRZE.png[/img][/center] [right][size=2][i]scroll header and footer designed by Sinjin[/i][/size][/right] [quote name=Storygeek]Deah Ze Poet Petrie, I am zorry to write when you do not even know me, I 'ave only met your friend, ze Kilkenny. I am afraid I 'ave gotten your address from ze Captain Davnan, from ze Poetry roster zees las' March, yes? I need to ask ze Kilkenny for a favore. I am looking for an address, you know? Please to tell your friend zat Whizzy an' I weel be leaving ze pirate life an' traveling nearby on ze way to our 'ome clan. We 'ave 'eard zat zere ees a new teashop een Wanderin, a real live Mouse Cafe, and we 'ope to meet you bose zere for a luncheon, yes? Ze Captain agreed to drop us right after ze Jubilee is over, yes? 'E ees ze very gentleman! Yours ever een gratitude, yes? Dewette [right][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/526322/52632137.png[/img][/right][/quote] [quote name =Sockmonkeygerald][center][img]https://imgur.com/ZrawiTj.png[/img][/center] An envelope arrives in the return mail, containing a sheet of stationery (once lightly perfumed, now faintly redolent of cheese) that appears to feature a teapot in the middle of the crest above beautifully lettered writing, covered completely in tiny teeth marks. The only legible bit is a part of one line at the end: "—and they're TAKING OVER EVERYTHING" A smaller plain square of paper, equally gnawed, falls out when the envelope is turned upside down. It contains a hastily scribbled thumbs-up.[/quote] [center][img]https://imgur.com/VXRZusg.png[/img][/center] [center][font=blackadder itc][size=6][b]A Delayed Postcard[/b][/size][/font][/center] [quote name=Storygeek]The postcard arrived a little battered in Kilkenny's mailbox. The front said: "I attended the Thundercrack Carnivale but all I could afford was this postcard!" On the back it read: "We 'ave not been kidnapped! Whizzy, zey insist we must attend zis Flameforger Festival before returning to ze Windswept Plateau. Zey were zo delayed diddling about wiz ze gadgets at ze Shifting Expanse an' zen zey never watch ze time! But if zey want to resume zer position as ze Fireworks Designer at ze Circus, well I sink zey are right. We must go. But ZEN we will come directly. Meanwhile, I sink zere ees a dark, brooding Coatl at ze Blacksand Annex, 'e ees hiding a mystery and I am zo determined I shall find out what eet ees! An' you must ask your friend ze Petrie about zat ozer poet, ze tall ridgeback. Kisses, Dewette [i](Only, it didn't say "kisses," there were just a pair of smushy dragon lips on the card. And a very odd postage stamp. So like her!)[/i] [center][img]https://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/887.png[/img][/center][/quote] [quote name=Sockmonkeygerald][center][item=patio rose][item=night flame][item=heart rose][/center] On the back of a glossy postcard featuring sepia-toned flowers and bejeweled lockets strewn atop sheets of hand-scripted parchment, emblazoned with the logo [i]HeartFires Burning (TM)[/i]: You haven't missed us. Petrie was invited to attend a literary convention in the Blacksand Annex to speak about [i]Romance Across Genres[/i]. I'm scheduled to sit on three panels about [i]Why Not To Submit Your Manuscript On Pink Paper Or Doused In Perfume[/i]. Have Whizbang send explosives. Or poison. Petrie is scribbling you a list of suggestions for the mysterious coatl whose location must have been eaten by a stray ember somewhere in transit (these things happen, please don't blame the postal service!). As she bought an entire book of postcards and already has it filled halfway you'll probably get them shipped in a box. (I asked Petrie about a ridgeback poet. She started gushing about the ambiance of graveyards. May be related to the recent [i]Gothic Styles of Brooding[/i] lecture she attended, will try to get more sense from her later.) Poison. Please. Regards, Kilkenny and Petrie! :)[/quote]
A Summer Correspondence

ovJbsvq.png

Dear Diary,

You know, I always sot zat life on ze Jolly Rhymer was zo srilling zat zees would be eet for me, but zuddenly I am ressless an' ze life aboardship, eet ees not enough. (I zay nossing to Whizzy; zey would say eet was juss ze Spiral way, you know?) I 'ave good friends 'ere, an' always I 'ave Whizzy, but lately I cannot zit steell. I go up on ze crow nest every day. I zink I am looking for a scent on ze breeze, zomesing.

I tell you a funny sing, Diary. I am steell sinking on ze tall poet I met at ze Jamboree. We 'ad ze impromptu luncheon, you know? 'E was zo calm an' I am zo restless all ze time.

Whizzy, zey look for ze address of my poet dragon, but all zey got was ze address to mail to zeir friend, Petrie. I do not know zees Petrie, but Whizzy. zey sink zey are ze same clan of my tall poet. Zey did not find ze poet's address because ze Captain, well, 'e came back to ees cabin an' Whizzy was not supposed to be in zere. But luckily ze window, eet ees round an' Whizzy, zey are small enough to fit.

I sent a letter to ze Poet Petrie. Whizzy would not write eet for me. Ah, bah! It was 'arder zan I sot eet would be; I chewed up one of ze Capitan's quills, but 'e 'as many zo I 'hope 'e doesn't notice!

Whizzy, zey are almoss ready to go 'ome, you know? But we weel take our time. An' we stay on ship 'til I get a reply to ze letter.
aurZRZE.png
scroll header and footer designed by Sinjin
Storygeek wrote:
Deah Ze Poet Petrie,

I am zorry to write when you do not even know me, I 'ave only met your friend, ze Kilkenny. I am afraid I 'ave gotten your address from ze Captain Davnan, from ze Poetry roster zees las' March, yes? I need to ask ze Kilkenny for a favore. I am looking for an address, you know?

Please to tell your friend zat Whizzy an' I weel be leaving ze pirate life an' traveling nearby on ze way to our 'ome clan. We 'ave 'eard zat zere ees a new teashop een Wanderin, a real live Mouse Cafe, and we 'ope to meet you bose zere for a luncheon, yes?

Ze Captain agreed to drop us right after ze Jubilee is over, yes? 'E ees ze very gentleman!

Yours ever een gratitude, yes?
Dewette
52632137.png
Sockmonkeygerald wrote:
ZrawiTj.png

An envelope arrives in the return mail, containing a sheet of stationery (once lightly perfumed, now faintly redolent of cheese) that appears to feature a teapot in the middle of the crest above beautifully lettered writing, covered completely in tiny teeth marks. The only legible bit is a part of one line at the end: "—and they're TAKING OVER EVERYTHING"

A smaller plain square of paper, equally gnawed, falls out when the envelope is turned upside down. It contains a hastily scribbled thumbs-up.
VXRZusg.png
A Delayed Postcard
Storygeek wrote:
The postcard arrived a little battered in Kilkenny's mailbox. The front said: "I attended the Thundercrack Carnivale but all I could afford was this postcard!"

On the back it read: "We 'ave not been kidnapped! Whizzy, zey insist we must attend zis Flameforger Festival before returning to ze Windswept Plateau. Zey were zo delayed diddling about wiz ze gadgets at ze Shifting Expanse an' zen zey never watch ze time! But if zey want to resume zer position as ze Fireworks Designer at ze Circus, well I sink zey are right. We must go. But ZEN we will come directly. Meanwhile, I sink zere ees a dark, brooding Coatl at ze Blacksand Annex, 'e ees hiding a mystery and I am zo determined I shall find out what eet ees! An' you must ask your friend ze Petrie about zat ozer poet, ze tall ridgeback.

Kisses,
Dewette

(Only, it didn't say "kisses," there were just a pair of smushy dragon lips on the card. And a very odd postage stamp. So like her!)
887.png
Sockmonkeygerald wrote:
Patio Rose Night Flame Heart Rose
On the back of a glossy postcard featuring sepia-toned flowers and bejeweled lockets strewn atop sheets of hand-scripted parchment, emblazoned with the logo HeartFires Burning (TM):

You haven't missed us. Petrie was invited to attend a literary convention in the Blacksand Annex to speak about Romance Across Genres. I'm scheduled to sit on three panels about Why Not To Submit Your Manuscript On Pink Paper Or Doused In Perfume. Have Whizbang send explosives. Or poison. Petrie is scribbling you a list of suggestions for the mysterious coatl whose location must have been eaten by a stray ember somewhere in transit (these things happen, please don't blame the postal service!). As she bought an entire book of postcards and already has it filled halfway you'll probably get them shipped in a box.

(I asked Petrie about a ridgeback poet. She started gushing about the ambiance of graveyards. May be related to the recent Gothic Styles of Brooding lecture she attended, will try to get more sense from her later.)

Poison. Please. Regards,

Kilkenny and Petrie! :)
[center][font=blackadder itc][size=6][b]The Gift[/b][/size][/font] [img]https://i.imgur.com/8Ym7xJz.gif[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/ovJbsvq.png[/img][/center] [font=blackadder itc][size=6]Dear Diary[/size][/font] [font=lucida handwriting][size=4]Ze mos' magical sing 'appened when we were at ze Zundercrack Carnivale, I muss tell you! Zere was zees booth, an I don't know eef ze dragon was a really magician or no, but I tell you now what 'appened: On ze sign outside ze tent, eet said: [i]"'And-'eld Deliveries, no Address Required, No Questions Asked"[/i] Can you imagine eet? Of course, I could not resist. Zey promise zey can deliver anywhere, wees no address! I could not believe eet. Luckily, zere ees zees flowershop beside an' I could find a lovely pomegranate tree, you know? Ze pomegranate 'as special symbolize for ze dead, you know? So I buy eet, an' next door, ze lovely proprietress only needs ze name. Zen I remember eet: Rigby! I tole her zat I sink 'e works at a cemetary, but she only say, "Oh, we weel find it! Don' you worry, sweetie." Zo ees sent! I do not know eef 'e weel remember still our luncheon! I am zo nervous! Well, nossing I can do now, an' Whizzy, zey are calling to me. Zo I go![/size][/font] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/aurZRZE.png[/img][/center] The tag read merely: [quote name=Storygeek]To ze Dear Rigby, I ‘ope zat you don’t sink zees forward, but when I saw zees, I sot of you. I am remembering our leetle lunch often![/quote] There was a very sweet response: [quote name=Sockmonkeygerald]Dear Dewette, Thank you so much! They're all lovely and provide welcome spots of color. I tried planting one and it promptly grew ripe pomegranates that appear to glow. The other two I think I'll leave in their pots to try to avoid mixing with the grave dirt. I quite enjoyed our conversation too! Autumn tends to be a particularly active time around here but you're welcome to drop by if you don't think you'd mind the company - they get quite interested by visitors and most of them used to be very pleasant dragons. (The rowdier ones are distractable for the length of tea and a chat.) With thanks again, Rigby[/quote]
The Gift

8Ym7xJz.gif
ovJbsvq.png
Dear Diary

Ze mos' magical sing 'appened when we were at ze Zundercrack Carnivale, I muss tell you! Zere was zees booth, an I don't know eef ze dragon was a really magician or no, but I tell you now what 'appened:

On ze sign outside ze tent, eet said: "'And-'eld Deliveries, no Address Required, No Questions Asked" Can you imagine eet? Of course, I could not resist. Zey promise zey can deliver anywhere, wees no address! I could not believe eet. Luckily, zere ees zees flowershop beside an' I could find a lovely pomegranate tree, you know? Ze pomegranate 'as special symbolize for ze dead, you know? So I buy eet, an' next door, ze lovely proprietress only needs ze name. Zen I remember eet: Rigby! I tole her zat I sink 'e works at a cemetary, but she only say, "Oh, we weel find it! Don' you worry, sweetie." Zo ees sent! I do not know eef 'e weel remember still our luncheon! I am zo nervous!

Well, nossing I can do now, an' Whizzy, zey are calling to me. Zo I go!
aurZRZE.png
The tag read merely:
Storygeek wrote:
To ze Dear Rigby, I ‘ope zat you don’t sink zees forward, but when I saw zees, I sot of you. I am remembering our leetle lunch often!

There was a very sweet response:
Sockmonkeygerald wrote:
Dear Dewette,

Thank you so much! They're all lovely and provide welcome spots of color. I tried planting one and it promptly grew ripe pomegranates that appear to glow. The other two I think I'll leave in their pots to try to avoid mixing with the grave dirt.

I quite enjoyed our conversation too! Autumn tends to be a particularly active time around here but you're welcome to drop by if you don't think you'd mind the company - they get quite interested by visitors and most of them used to be very pleasant dragons. (The rowdier ones are distractable for the length of tea and a chat.)

With thanks again,

Rigby
200324 [center][font=blackadder itc][size=6][b]Reminiscing: A Date with Destiny[/b][/size][/font][/center] [quote name=Sockmonkeygerald][columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/585188/58518719_350.png[/img][nextcol][size=4] A large ridgeback heavily bedecked in horn jewelry sidled through the festival goers at the Mistral Jamboree, stepping with care around the smaller dragons scurrying and flitting by while easily reading signage over their heads and between wings. The Poetry Pavilion's merrily flapping pennants brightened his eyes and he made his way closer with new haste. Up close, the fresh flowers garlanding his wings almost covered an oddly musty odor.[/size][/columns] "Poetry! What do you have on offer, anything by... Ah, my mistake. You're collecting, not distributing. Any particular styles? Oh, gravemarker verses! I can contribute one of those! Original work yes, comes with the practice." [center][b]Averse Epitaph[/b] Here lies Anapest Edd of Verstead Whose revisions continued 'til dead. Then he scrawled on his pall, "That's enough of it all Get this limerick out of my head!"[/center][/quote] [quote=Storygeek & Sockmonkeygerald][center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/526322/52632137.png[/img][/center]“Oh, I am zo zorry, I am not a judge, but Whizbang weel be back in a minute. Zey jus’ ‘ad to go an'...” the lovely spiral tossed back her long black braid and gazed over the Ridgeback’s poem. “Ah, but zees ees very good! I am sure Whizzy weel like eet!” Then she pouted, thinking. “Zey promised to go wiz me to eat, but per’aps you would like to instead? Ze food booths are right down ze ‘ill. Per’aps when we come back, Whizzy weel be ‘ere...” [columns][img]https://imgur.com/ucpmB4h.png[/img][nextcol][size=4]"I'd be happy to! I've heard good things about the pescado frito someone's selling, I was just looking for that stall... and a new dragon to talk with is always a treat, most of my usual company are a bit stagnant." The ridgeback smiled and extended a faintly-perfumed wing. "Feel free to hop on if you'd like a ride down in style!"[/size][/columns][/quote] [center][size=5][font=blackadder itc][b]One Pescado Frito later...[/b][/font][/size][/center] [quote name=Storygeek][columns][size=4]"Whizzy! Whizzy! Look, zere zey are! Whizzy! I'm up 'ere!"[/size][nextcol][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/526322/52632137.png[/img][/columns] Sure enough, when Whizbang looked up, they saw Dewette riding high up on the shoulder of a tall Ridgeback. They had been late getting back to the oak tree and weren't surprised when Dewette hadn't waited for them. She was never one to wait around. [columns][size=4]"Zees ees Rigby ze poet!" Dewette started as she fluttered to the ground. "You zee, Rigby, I tol' you zey would return! Oh, and Whizzy, we brought you zomezing to eat! Rigby found ze most delicious fishy-zings!" Dewette flitted her conversation back and forth between the two dragons like she was watching a ping-pong match. "Dewette, let a chap breathe, will ya? Pleased t' meet ya, Rigby-th'-Poet! I'm Whizbang-th'-pirate-an'-poetry-judge. (She's th' only dragon what gets away with "Whizzy!") I takes it ya 'ave a poem t' enter in th' contest? Lemme get me notepad and we'll get ya entered all fair an' square!"[/size][nextcol][img]https://i.imgur.com/DuS3Z4c.png[/img][/columns][/quote]
Reminiscing: A Date with Destiny
Sockmonkeygerald wrote:
58518719_350.png

A large ridgeback heavily bedecked in horn jewelry sidled through the festival goers at the Mistral Jamboree, stepping with care around the smaller dragons scurrying and flitting by while easily reading signage over their heads and between wings. The Poetry Pavilion's merrily flapping pennants brightened his eyes and he made his way closer with new haste.

Up close, the fresh flowers garlanding his wings almost covered an oddly musty odor.

"Poetry! What do you have on offer, anything by... Ah, my mistake. You're collecting, not distributing. Any particular styles? Oh, gravemarker verses! I can contribute one of those! Original work yes, comes with the practice."
Averse Epitaph
Here lies Anapest Edd of Verstead
Whose revisions continued 'til dead.
Then he scrawled on his pall,
"That's enough of it all
Get this limerick out of my head!"

Storygeek & Sockmonkeygerald wrote:
52632137.png
“Oh, I am zo zorry, I am not a judge, but Whizbang weel be back in a minute. Zey jus’ ‘ad to go an'...” the lovely spiral tossed back her long black braid and gazed over the Ridgeback’s poem. “Ah, but zees ees very good! I am sure Whizzy weel like eet!”

Then she pouted, thinking. “Zey promised to go wiz me to eat, but per’aps you would like to instead? Ze food booths are right down ze ‘ill. Per’aps when we come back, Whizzy weel be ‘ere...”

ucpmB4h.png "I'd be happy to! I've heard good things about the pescado frito someone's selling, I was just looking for that stall... and a new dragon to talk with is always a treat, most of my usual company are a bit stagnant."

The ridgeback smiled and extended a faintly-perfumed wing. "Feel free to hop on if you'd like a ride down in style!"
One Pescado Frito later...
Storygeek wrote:
"Whizzy! Whizzy! Look, zere zey are! Whizzy! I'm up 'ere!" 52632137.png

Sure enough, when Whizbang looked up, they saw Dewette riding high up on the shoulder of a tall Ridgeback. They had been late getting back to the oak tree and weren't surprised when Dewette hadn't waited for them. She was never one to wait around.
"Zees ees Rigby ze poet!" Dewette started as she fluttered to the ground. "You zee, Rigby, I tol' you zey would return! Oh, and Whizzy, we brought you zomezing to eat! Rigby found ze most delicious fishy-zings!" Dewette flitted her conversation back and forth between the two dragons like she was watching a ping-pong match.

"Dewette, let a chap breathe, will ya? Pleased t' meet ya, Rigby-th'-Poet! I'm Whizbang-th'-pirate-an'-poetry-judge. (She's th' only dragon what gets away with "Whizzy!") I takes it ya 'ave a poem t' enter in th' contest? Lemme get me notepad and we'll get ya entered all fair an' square!"
DuS3Z4c.png
200325 [center][font=blackadder itc][size=6][b]More Memories of the Mistral Jamboree[/b][/size][/font][/center] [quote name=Storygeek][columns][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/526322/52632137.png[/img][nextcol][size=4]“Whizbang…pleeeeeease?!” The spiral pirate was dancing with excitement, her skirts flying with every movement. “You zaid we were going to see zee ozer events!... I 'ear zere ees a Masquerade!” Whizbang sighed. Truth be known, they would just as well run off with her and enjoy the other festivities at the Jamboree. They kept hearing snippets from passers-by: “…can’t find him since the Coli Challenge began…” “Have you seen the cute judge over at the Story Contest…?” “I hear they’re cooking Lionfish this year, can you imagine?”[/size][/columns] [columns][size=4]“Dewette, Sweet’ums, ya know I can’t leave me post 'ere until me shift is over…” they started, but Enkidu chose that moment to interrupt, scampering up with a caramel apple in his hands (and all over his face!). “Hey, Dewette! What’s up?” he asked while trying to clean his face off with his tongue.[/size][nextcol][img]https://imgur.com/3bpjnNK.png[/img][/columns] She spun to face the little Snapper, her skirts twirling just so. “Hey yourzelf, Enkidu! Zis one,” she rolled her eyes at Whizbang, “says zey cannot come an' explore zee Jamboree wiss me. Zo boring!” She gave Whizbang a little wink. “Oh, I can go! ...Can I go, Whizbang?” [columns][size=4]“I thought th’ Cap’n assigned ya t’help with th’ contest, young’un?” Whizbang pretended to look stern. “Thar’s lotsa work t’do!” As Enkidu visibly deflated, Dewette turned to her friend and silently mouthed “Stop eet!” After a moment, they relented. “Aw, g’won, get outta here! Th' pair o’ ya!” Dewette clapped, then threw her arms around Whizbang's neck before she and Enkidu took off skipping and laughing down the slope.[/size][nextcol][img]https://i.imgur.com/bJDusSd.png[/img][/columns][/quote] [quote name=Storygeek] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/m0qTUgr.png[/img][/center] [right][size=2][i]clouds by treeblood[/i][/size][/right] [columns][size=4]Whizbang & Dewette sat high up on a yardarm of the Jolly Rhymer, watching the sunset. The sails were tied up tight beneath their feet. It had been another amazing day at the Jamboree. "By ze end of ze week, Whizzy, you will 'ave to decide. To stay wiz ze Jolly Rhymer or...or to go 'ome." "And what about you, Dewette? It's your home, too!"[/size][nextcol][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/526322/52632137.png[/img][/columns] "Ah, bah, I will go where you go. You must not get into trouble wizout me! We are a pair, you know!" [columns][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/506348/50634719.png[/img][nextcol][size=4]"I know, I know. Enkidu fer sure has t' go home t' 'is parents. I wrote t' them an' they'll be here last day." "Does 'e know?" Dewette leaned her head on her friend's shoulder. "Ah, no! I didn't want the lad t' run away again!"[/size][/columns] "Zometimes 'e ees crazy! Stowing away on a ship! What would 'ave 'appened if you were not zere?" "Yeah," Whizbang paused. "Kinda reminds me of us, don' it?" "Oh, Whizzy, you are getting all kinds of melancholy! I know! Let us zing a zong! Zat always cheers you up, no?" Down below and all around the ship a rousing tune tumbled down on the air: [center]Yo ho, yo ho, Sky Pirate’s th' life for me! We flap an’ we soar, we climb an’ we dive, Let’s fly, me ‘earties, yo ho! We ne’er live in a lair, cave, or hive, Let’s fly, me ‘earties, yo ho! Yo ho, yo ho, Sky Pirate's th' life for me! We tell lots o' tales o' th' grand days o' yore, Let's fly, me 'earties, yo ho! We steal from th' rich an' we give t' th' poor, Let's fly, me 'earties, yo ho! Yo ho, yo ho, Sky Pirate’s th' life for me! We’re rascals, scoundrels, villians, an' knaves, Let’s fly, me ‘earties, yo ho We run from our duties (we’re not very brave) Let’s fly, me ‘hearties, yo ho! Yo ho, yo ho, Sky Pirate’s th' life for me! We never bemoan th' things that we lack, Let’s fly, me ‘earties, yo ho! We soar o'er th' horizon an' never look back, Let’s fly, me ‘earties, yo ho! Yo ho, yo ho, Sky Pirate’s life for me! Yo ho, yo ho, Sky Pirate’s life for me! [img]https://i.imgur.com/hxeBIZj.png[/img][/center][/quote]
More Memories
of the Mistral Jamboree
Storygeek wrote:
52632137.png “Whizbang…pleeeeeease?!” The spiral pirate was dancing with excitement, her skirts flying with every movement. “You zaid we were going to see zee ozer events!... I 'ear zere ees a Masquerade!”

Whizbang sighed. Truth be known, they would just as well run off with her and enjoy the other festivities at the Jamboree. They kept hearing snippets from passers-by: “…can’t find him since the Coli Challenge began…” “Have you seen the cute judge over at the Story Contest…?” “I hear they’re cooking Lionfish this year, can you imagine?”

“Dewette, Sweet’ums, ya know I can’t leave me post 'ere until me shift is over…” they started, but Enkidu chose that moment to interrupt, scampering up with a caramel apple in his hands (and all over his face!).

“Hey, Dewette! What’s up?” he asked while trying to clean his face off with his tongue.
3bpjnNK.png

She spun to face the little Snapper, her skirts twirling just so. “Hey yourzelf, Enkidu! Zis one,” she rolled her eyes at Whizbang, “says zey cannot come an' explore zee Jamboree wiss me. Zo boring!” She gave Whizbang a little wink.

“Oh, I can go! ...Can I go, Whizbang?”
“I thought th’ Cap’n assigned ya t’help with th’ contest, young’un?” Whizbang pretended to look stern. “Thar’s lotsa work t’do!”

As Enkidu visibly deflated, Dewette turned to her friend and silently mouthed “Stop eet!” After a moment, they relented. “Aw, g’won, get outta here! Th' pair o’ ya!”

Dewette clapped, then threw her arms around Whizbang's neck before she and Enkidu took off skipping and laughing down the slope.
bJDusSd.png
Storygeek wrote:
m0qTUgr.png
clouds by treeblood
Whizbang & Dewette sat high up on a yardarm of the Jolly Rhymer, watching the sunset. The sails were tied up tight beneath their feet. It had been another amazing day at the Jamboree.

"By ze end of ze week, Whizzy, you will 'ave to decide. To stay wiz ze Jolly Rhymer or...or to go 'ome."

"And what about you, Dewette? It's your home, too!"
52632137.png

"Ah, bah, I will go where you go. You must not get into trouble wizout me! We are a pair, you know!"
50634719.png "I know, I know. Enkidu fer sure has t' go home t' 'is parents. I wrote t' them an' they'll be here last day."

"Does 'e know?" Dewette leaned her head on her friend's shoulder.

"Ah, no! I didn't want the lad t' run away again!"

"Zometimes 'e ees crazy! Stowing away on a ship! What would 'ave 'appened if you were not zere?"

"Yeah," Whizbang paused. "Kinda reminds me of us, don' it?"

"Oh, Whizzy, you are getting all kinds of melancholy! I know! Let us zing a zong! Zat always cheers you up, no?"

Down below and all around the ship a rousing tune tumbled down on the air:

Yo ho, yo ho, Sky Pirate’s th' life for me!
We flap an’ we soar, we climb an’ we dive,
Let’s fly, me ‘earties, yo ho!
We ne’er live in a lair, cave, or hive,

Yo ho, yo ho, Sky Pirate's th' life for me!
We tell lots o' tales o' th' grand days o' yore,
Let's fly, me 'earties, yo ho!
We steal from th' rich an' we give t' th' poor,
Let's fly, me 'earties, yo ho!

We’re rascals, scoundrels, villians, an' knaves,
Let’s fly, me ‘earties, yo ho
We run from our duties (we’re not very brave)
Let’s fly, me ‘hearties, yo ho!

We never bemoan th' things that we lack,
We soar o'er th' horizon an' never look back,

Yo ho, yo ho, Sky Pirate’s life for me!
Yo ho, yo ho, Sky Pirate’s life for me!

hxeBIZj.png
200326 [center][font=blackadder itc][size=6][b]A Meeting of Like Minds[/b][/size][/font][/center] [quote name=Sockmonkeygerald][center][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/448439/44843845_350.png[/img][/center] An ember-purpley spiral with a scroll in one hand corkscrewed up to the registration table and looped over a large branch extending overhead, neck dropping to put her head on a level with the other dragon present. "Hi there I'm Petrie! You look like you're having a great time over here. This is my first time writing a poem, I'm usually a novelist but it's always fun to get new experiences when opportunity knocks don't you think?" Farther up in the tree above the smiling spiral a brown mirror landed, emanating Not-Associated-With-This so strongly it was almost tangible.[/quote] [quote name=Storygeek][columns][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/556965/55696407.png[/img][nextcol][size=4]Unbeknownst to Kilkenny, she had perched right over where Dewette was resting on the grass below with a napping Enkidu. The Spiral quietly extracted herself from the sleeping hatchling and squirreled up the trunk, perching on a branch beside the Mirror.[/size][/columns] [columns][size=4]"'Allo! Are you wiz zat one?" she pointed to the fedora'd Spiral talking with Whizbang below. "Zey look zo mysterious, wiz ze 'at an' coat...surely you 'ave zome gozzip about zat one, yes?" She gazed at the Mirror expectantly. "Oh! I am Dewette," she giggled, extending a claw. "I don' mean to be zo nozy, but i am zo bored looking after Enkidu. 'E ees zupposed to be working but, ah bah! 'E gets zo distracted an' now 'e sleeps. Ah, but you! You have ze gozzip, yes?"[/size][nextcol][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/526322/52632137.png[/img][/columns] "Dewette!" Dewette rolled her eyes as a high-pitched call came from below. "Ah bah! 'E woke up. Now 'e weel want me to bring eem up 'ere!" She leaned over conspiratorially. "Well, we weel 'ave no tete-a-tete today. But next time you muss tell me a story very interesting, yes? Wiz a tyrant and' someone dies, yes? Perfect!" And she was gone back down the tree. [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53349577][img]https://imgur.com/3bpjnNK.png[/img][/center] [columns][size=4]"Awright, matey, I got yer poem entered all right an' tight! An' don' worry if this is yer firs' poem an' all, I'm sure yer story-writin' 'sperience will help. No worries there!" Whizbang gave Petrie a friendly smile and a wink. "Dewette! Dewette! I wanna come up!" A small insistent voice caught their attention from under the tree. Enkidu was standing with his forepaws against the immense trunk of the oak, yelling up into the branches.[/size][nextcol][img]https://i.imgur.com/bJDusSd.png[/img][/columns] "What in...?...Enkidu!" Suddenly Dewette virtually fell to the ground beside the little Snapper and snatched him up in her arms. "Ees nossing, nossing! Do not worry leetle one, I am 'ere." She turned apologetically to Whizbang and Petrie. "Nossing to see 'ere!"[/quote] [quote name=Sockmonkeygerald]Kilkenny was at first surprised to be addressed, then relaxed and even waved as Dewette departed to retrieve the hatchling. A moment later she descended the tree as well, herding Petrie away from the table with reminders of other obligations at the Jamboree. As the two flew off the wind carried back the sound of Kilkenny's voice: "The one you didn't flirt with said you look mysterious." "Really? That's so nice I have to go back and say thank--wait who?" "No. That one's mine. I'm going to tell her terrible stories from your fledglinghood later." "Kilkennyyy..." [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/448439/44843845.png[/img][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/556965/55696407.png[/img][/center][/quote]
A Meeting of Like Minds
Sockmonkeygerald wrote:
44843845_350.png
An ember-purpley spiral with a scroll in one hand corkscrewed up to the registration table and looped over a large branch extending overhead, neck dropping to put her head on a level with the other dragon present.

"Hi there I'm Petrie! You look like you're having a great time over here. This is my first time writing a poem, I'm usually a novelist but it's always fun to get new experiences when opportunity knocks don't you think?"

Farther up in the tree above the smiling spiral a brown mirror landed, emanating Not-Associated-With-This so strongly it was almost tangible.
Storygeek wrote:
55696407.png Unbeknownst to Kilkenny, she had perched right over where Dewette was resting on the grass below with a napping Enkidu. The Spiral quietly extracted herself from the sleeping hatchling and squirreled up the trunk, perching on a branch beside the Mirror.
"'Allo! Are you wiz zat one?" she pointed to the fedora'd Spiral talking with Whizbang below. "Zey look zo mysterious, wiz ze 'at an' coat...surely you 'ave zome gozzip about zat one, yes?" She gazed at the Mirror expectantly.

"Oh! I am Dewette," she giggled, extending a claw. "I don' mean to be zo nozy, but i am zo bored looking after Enkidu. 'E ees zupposed to be working but, ah bah! 'E gets zo distracted an' now 'e sleeps. Ah, but you! You have ze gozzip, yes?"
52632137.png

"Dewette!" Dewette rolled her eyes as a high-pitched call came from below.

"Ah bah! 'E woke up. Now 'e weel want me to bring eem up 'ere!" She leaned over conspiratorially. "Well, we weel 'ave no tete-a-tete today. But next time you muss tell me a story very interesting, yes? Wiz a tyrant and' someone dies, yes? Perfect!"

And she was gone back down the tree.
3bpjnNK.png
"Awright, matey, I got yer poem entered all right an' tight! An' don' worry if this is yer firs' poem an' all, I'm sure yer story-writin' 'sperience will help. No worries there!" Whizbang gave Petrie a friendly smile and a wink.

"Dewette! Dewette! I wanna come up!" A small insistent voice caught their attention from under the tree. Enkidu was standing with his forepaws against the immense trunk of the oak, yelling up into the branches.
bJDusSd.png

"What in...?...Enkidu!"

Suddenly Dewette virtually fell to the ground beside the little Snapper and snatched him up in her arms.

"Ees nossing, nossing! Do not worry leetle one, I am 'ere." She turned apologetically to Whizbang and Petrie.

"Nossing to see 'ere!"
Sockmonkeygerald wrote:
Kilkenny was at first surprised to be addressed, then relaxed and even waved as Dewette departed to retrieve the hatchling. A moment later she descended the tree as well, herding Petrie away from the table with reminders of other obligations at the Jamboree.

As the two flew off the wind carried back the sound of Kilkenny's voice: "The one you didn't flirt with said you look mysterious."

"Really? That's so nice I have to go back and say thank--wait who?"

"No. That one's mine. I'm going to tell her terrible stories from your fledglinghood later."

"Kilkennyyy..."
44843845.png55696407.png

200328 [center][font=blackadder itc][size=6][b]The End of the Jamboree[/b][/size][/font][/center] [quote name=Storygeek][columns][size=4]The smells at the Food Court were delectable. Riverat could imagine the taste of the kabobs, but Dewette pulled him past the booths and into center of the dining area. “Dewette, lass, what’r ya doin’? I thought we come down ‘ere fer a bite…” “Ah, no, silly!” Dewette turned to her friend. “You are going to help me wiz zomezing.” Suddenly, she smacked him on the arm. “An’ stop lookeen at all ze girls!” She paused to throw a glance around the crowd. “Ah, no, eet ees okay. You may look at ze girls. Zome of zem are very pretty.” She gave him a quick wink. “An’ zome of ze boys, too!" Dewette took a step back and clapped her hands. “Now, pay attention! An’ follow my lead!”[/size][nextcol][img]https://i.imgur.com/pehhOIr.png[/img][/columns] She then clasped Riverat’s shoulder dramatically and announced in a very loud and theatrical voice, “Oh, Dahrling, ‘ave you seen the prizes at ze Poetry Contest? Zey ‘ave zo many exotic an’ rare sings an’ zey are just giveen zem away! Only zees morning I zaw a lovely unicorn circlet. Zo shiny an’ dainty! I must ‘ave eet!” [columns][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/equipment/32283.png[/img][nextcol][size=4]“Ah, right then.” Riverat stepped up to the plate. “Me Dearest, ya’ll be wearin’ it tonight or me name’s not Riverat! Jes’ ‘ow do I get this trinket fer ya?” “Eet ees nozzing! All you must do is write a teensy-weensy poem for me! ‘Ow ‘ard can zat be?”[/size][/columns] “Oh, hmm,” Riverat paused as he watched a matching pair of Skydancers stroll by, but then returned to the task at hand. “Me Sweet, it’s good as done!” “Ah, but you must do eet right away. You onlee ‘ave until tonight or,” here Dewette gave a delicate sniffle. “…or eet weel be too late!” [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/526322/52632137.png[/img][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/286862/28686140.png[/img][/center] Later, the rascally pair sat unnoticed high in the oak tree, observing the cue at the registration table below. Powdered sugar rained down from their beignets. “Y’know, Dewette, that’ war rather fun, iff’n I says so mesel’!”[/quote] [center][font=blackadder itc][size=6][b]The Final Bonfire[/b][/size][/font][/center] [quote=Storygeek & Sockmonkeygerald] [columns][size=4]"Pardon, but you are ze poet, yes?" A vivacious Spiral came to rest beside Petrie's spot near the bonfire. "I spoke wiz your frien' an' zey promised me a story of murder an' may'em, all about you! I zink I cannot wait!" Her eager eyes darted around the crowd, perhaps in search of the elusive Kilkenny. So! This must be the mysterious damsel! The mirror was going to get some serious ribbing about this one.[/size][nextcol][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/526322/52632137.png[/img][/columns] [columns][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/448439/44843845.png[/img][nextcol][size=4]Petrie automatically beamed unselfconsciously at such lavish compliments from the pretty spiral. "Oh I have lots of stories about murder and mayhem! Though I'm supposed to say they're not about me because that would sound egotistical unless I get invited to certain fan conventions or book signings but I'd love to share!"[/size][/columns] "But ah, no!" She suddenly returned to her purpose. Petrie suspected that she did everything suddenly. "I am looking for ze ozzer poet. I zot 'e waz wiz your clan. 'E ees ze tall one. I am sinking 'e works at your graveyard...Rigby, yes!" "Oh, Rigby? ...Rigby, do we have a Rigby? Has anyone ever... Puri! Who's Rigby? ...We have a graveyard...can I write there, imagine the atmosphere! Absolutely, come and visit, I'll track down Rugby and we'll both look forward to it!" [columns][size=4]But Dewette was scanning the crowd as though Petrie wasn't there. "Per'aps 'e ees already gone?" Her mouth formed a perfect little pout. "An' now I must go, too." She sighed. "Ah, bah!" And just like that, she was up again. "I weel 'ave my friend, ze pirate judge, Whizzy, write to you, yes? Zey weel 'ave your address from ze contest, no? It ees good! An' you weel tell me 'ow to find ze Rigby! Oh, la! An' we weel come visit you!" And with a quick peck on Petrie's cheek and a toss of her raven hair, she was gone. Petrie could only give Dewette a quick wink and a wave as she flew off.[/size][nextcol][img]https://imgur.com/s7KV3fH.png[/img][/columns]
The End of the Jamboree
Storygeek wrote:
The smells at the Food Court were delectable. Riverat could imagine the taste of the kabobs, but Dewette pulled him past the booths and into center of the dining area.
“Dewette, lass, what’r ya doin’? I thought we come down ‘ere fer a bite…”

“Ah, no, silly!” Dewette turned to her friend. “You are going to help me wiz zomezing.” Suddenly, she smacked him on the arm. “An’ stop lookeen at all ze girls!” She paused to throw a glance around the crowd. “Ah, no, eet ees okay. You may look at ze girls. Zome of zem are very pretty.” She gave him a quick wink. “An’ zome of ze boys, too!"

Dewette took a step back and clapped her hands. “Now, pay attention! An’ follow my lead!”
pehhOIr.png

She then clasped Riverat’s shoulder dramatically and announced in a very loud and theatrical voice, “Oh, Dahrling, ‘ave you seen the prizes at ze Poetry Contest? Zey ‘ave zo many exotic an’ rare sings an’ zey are just giveen zem away! Only zees morning I zaw a lovely unicorn circlet. Zo shiny an’ dainty! I must ‘ave eet!”

32283.png “Ah, right then.” Riverat stepped up to the plate. “Me Dearest, ya’ll be wearin’ it tonight or me name’s not Riverat! Jes’ ‘ow do I get this trinket fer ya?”

“Eet ees nozzing! All you must do is write a teensy-weensy poem for me! ‘Ow ‘ard can zat be?”

“Oh, hmm,” Riverat paused as he watched a matching pair of Skydancers stroll by, but then returned to the task at hand. “Me Sweet, it’s good as done!”

“Ah, but you must do eet right away. You onlee ‘ave until tonight or,” here Dewette gave a delicate sniffle. “…or eet weel be too late!”

52632137.png28686140.png

Later, the rascally pair sat unnoticed high in the oak tree, observing the cue at the registration table below. Powdered sugar rained down from their beignets.

“Y’know, Dewette, that’ war rather fun, iff’n I says so mesel’!”

The Final Bonfire
Storygeek & Sockmonkeygerald wrote:
"Pardon, but you are ze poet, yes?" A vivacious Spiral came to rest beside Petrie's spot near the bonfire. "I spoke wiz your frien' an' zey promised me a story of murder an' may'em, all about you! I zink I cannot wait!" Her eager eyes darted around the crowd, perhaps in search of the elusive Kilkenny. So! This must be the mysterious damsel! The mirror was going to get some serious ribbing about this one. 52632137.png

44843845.png Petrie automatically beamed unselfconsciously at such lavish compliments from the pretty spiral. "Oh I have lots of stories about murder and mayhem! Though I'm supposed to say they're not about me because that would sound egotistical unless I get invited to certain fan conventions or book signings but I'd love to share!"

"But ah, no!" She suddenly returned to her purpose. Petrie suspected that she did everything suddenly. "I am looking for ze ozzer poet. I zot 'e waz wiz your clan. 'E ees ze tall one. I am sinking 'e works at your graveyard...Rigby, yes!"

"Oh, Rigby? ...Rigby, do we have a Rigby? Has anyone ever... Puri! Who's Rigby? ...We have a graveyard...can I write there, imagine the atmosphere! Absolutely, come and visit, I'll track down Rugby and we'll both look forward to it!"

But Dewette was scanning the crowd as though Petrie wasn't there. "Per'aps 'e ees already gone?" Her mouth formed a perfect little pout. "An' now I must go, too." She sighed.

"Ah, bah!" And just like that, she was up again. "I weel 'ave my friend, ze pirate judge, Whizzy, write to you, yes? Zey weel 'ave your address from ze contest, no? It ees good! An' you weel tell me 'ow to find ze Rigby! Oh, la! An' we weel come visit you!"

And with a quick peck on Petrie's cheek and a toss of her raven hair, she was gone.

Petrie could only give Dewette a quick wink and a wave as she flew off.
s7KV3fH.png
[center][font=blackadder itc][size=6][b]Back to the Future...so to speak[/b][/size][/font][/center] [quote name=Sockmonkeygerald] [center][item=bamboo cluster][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/wind_0.png[/img][item=bamboo cluster][/center] It was an unseasonably warm autumn afternoon at Wanderin lair. Atop the rock spire and beneath the kite tower, along one edge of the meandering paths through shade-loving plants that surround a simple two-story pagoda with walls made mostly of abstract colored glass, two dragons sat on a balcony under a wrought iron pergola. [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/448439/44843845.png[/img][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/556965/55696407.png[/img][/center] The spiral was animated with anticipation, flicking tail occasionally rattling the browning vines shot with brilliant autumn red that droop overhead. The mirror was calmer, her head shifting to catch every fluctuation of the breeze curling up from the ocean. A tea set with extra cups waited by the tastefully carved pumpkin lantern on the table between them, but neither touched the pot steeping over the inset brazier: their attention was turned outward, on the flight paths and main land route up to the lair, for a painted cart to hove into view. [img]https://imgur.com/TsIx2aq.png[/img][/quote] [quote=Storygeek][center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/equipment/6705.png[/img][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/wind_0.png[/img][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/equipment/6705.png[/img][/center] [columns][size=4]The breeze brought the sounds of hooves well before the brightly painted cart appeared around the bend, pulled by three rambunctious Rambra, one of them larger than the rest and sporting an iron collar. The three were harnessed side by side, an unusual configuration since it allowed the beasts to pull in three different directions, should they so choose.[/size][nextcol][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/28246.png[/img][/columns] Regardless, what caught the attention of the dragons at the tea house was the familiar little green snapper perched precariously atop the cart. As he spotted their destination he began jumping up and down. It is a wonder he didn't fly overboard. [columns][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53349577][img]https://imgur.com/3bpjnNK.png[/img][nextcol][size=4]"We're there! It's here! Come look!" He continued his jumping on the wooden roof, a banging they could hear clearly the cart approached.[/size][/columns] [columns][size=4]The red shutters covering the cart window flew open and more familiar faces appeared in the opening. Calling and waving ensued until Dewette lept out over the flowerboxes with a shower of petals and corkscrewed her way over to the balcony where Petrie and Kilkenny stood waving. Whizbang called halfheartedly for her to come back before joining her exit from the cart.[/size][nextcol][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=52632137&skin=0&apparel=10368,11201,1705,32284,4784,545,27993,331,6026,27995,439,491,12934,10375,28361,1094&xt=dressing.png[/img][/columns] "'Allo, 'allo, bonjour! Eet waz zo stuffy inzide ze cart, I joost could not take eet one second more," Dewette called in explanation, but when did she need an explanation for anything? In her arms, she carried a little grey & white dog in a pirate's costume, complete with black eye patch. [columns][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/511200/51119949.png[/img][nextcol][size=4]Down on the road, the cart stopped. A bright blue Snapper emerged from the cart and lifted Enkidu down to the ground. "Oh, zat ees iz mozzer," Dewette explained as she began to pour the tea.[/size] [/columns] [columns][size=4]Whizbang arrived on the balcony and settled into a chair, tipping it to lean on the railing. Their tail twitched in constant restlessness. "Gallineo wants t' reach t' clan t'night, so they won't be joinin' us. Which is a shame," they observed after taking an appreciative sip of their tea. Below them, Gallineo & Enkidu placed a couple of satchels on the side of the road and waved their farewell; the Rambra snorted and clawed the ground in their eagerness to be off. Neither Spiral seems to notice.[/size][nextcol][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/506348/50634719.png[/img][/columns] Dewette found a fifth teacup under the teacart and poured a cup for her dog, Echo. "Zo...." she began as she resumed her seat, hands clasped and hair blowing with the breeze. "Tell us. We want to 'ear everyzing..." [center][img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/653255880095170600/688274085423480852/echo.png[/img][/center][/quote]
Back to the Future...so to speak
Sockmonkeygerald wrote:
Bamboo Cluster wind_0.png Bamboo Cluster

It was an unseasonably warm autumn afternoon at Wanderin lair. Atop the rock spire and beneath the kite tower, along one edge of the meandering paths through shade-loving plants that surround a simple two-story pagoda with walls made mostly of abstract colored glass, two dragons sat on a balcony under a wrought iron pergola.
44843845.png55696407.png

The spiral was animated with anticipation, flicking tail occasionally rattling the browning vines shot with brilliant autumn red that droop overhead. The mirror was calmer, her head shifting to catch every fluctuation of the breeze curling up from the ocean. A tea set with extra cups waited by the tastefully carved pumpkin lantern on the table between them, but neither touched the pot steeping over the inset brazier: their attention was turned outward, on the flight paths and main land route up to the lair, for a painted cart to hove into view.
TsIx2aq.png
Storygeek wrote:
6705.pngwind_0.png6705.png
The breeze brought the sounds of hooves well before the brightly painted cart appeared around the bend, pulled by three rambunctious Rambra, one of them larger than the rest and sporting an iron collar. The three were harnessed side by side, an unusual configuration since it allowed the beasts to pull in three different directions, should they so choose. 28246.png

Regardless, what caught the attention of the dragons at the tea house was the familiar little green snapper perched precariously atop the cart. As he spotted their destination he began jumping up and down. It is a wonder he didn't fly overboard.

3bpjnNK.png "We're there! It's here! Come look!" He continued his jumping on the wooden roof, a banging they could hear clearly the cart approached.
The red shutters covering the cart window flew open and more familiar faces appeared in the opening. Calling and waving ensued until Dewette lept out over the flowerboxes with a shower of petals and corkscrewed her way over to the balcony where Petrie and Kilkenny stood waving. Whizbang called halfheartedly for her to come back before joining her exit from the cart. dragon?did=52632137&skin=0&apparel=10368,11201,1705,32284,4784,545,27993,331,6026,27995,439,491,12934,10375,28361,1094&xt=dressing.png

"'Allo, 'allo, bonjour! Eet waz zo stuffy inzide ze cart, I joost could not take eet one second more," Dewette called in explanation, but when did she need an explanation for anything? In her arms, she carried a little grey & white dog in a pirate's costume, complete with black eye patch.

51119949.png Down on the road, the cart stopped. A bright blue Snapper emerged from the cart and lifted Enkidu down to the ground. "Oh, zat ees iz mozzer," Dewette explained as she began to pour the tea.

Whizbang arrived on the balcony and settled into a chair, tipping it to lean on the railing. Their tail twitched in constant restlessness. "Gallineo wants t' reach t' clan t'night, so they won't be joinin' us. Which is a shame," they observed after taking an appreciative sip of their tea. Below them, Gallineo & Enkidu placed a couple of satchels on the side of the road and waved their farewell; the Rambra snorted and clawed the ground in their eagerness to be off. Neither Spiral seems to notice. 50634719.png

Dewette found a fifth teacup under the teacart and poured a cup for her dog, Echo. "Zo...." she began as she resumed her seat, hands clasped and hair blowing with the breeze. "Tell us. We want to 'ear everyzing..."
echo.png
[quote=sockmonkeygerald][center][img]https://imgur.com/UrOgud4.png[/img][/center] While Dewette and Whizbang joined the tea party, Petrie freed an origami crane from one of the many strings of them dangling from the pergola and sent it twirlig down toward the Snappers busy unloading below. She grinned and waved at Enkidu's cheer when a helpful twist of wind lit the paper bird on the little Snapper's nose, then instantly took up Dewette's invitation to talk, launching into a discussion of antics at the poetry convention (Kilkenny didn't manage to kill anyone, herself included, but did make three aspiring authors cry), Dewette's mysterious coatl, and more recent events of both parties' travels. [columns] [img]https://imgur.com/vSDx1QV.png[/img] [nextcol][size=4] Petrie's masked ferret bounced down her spine and hopped to the ground to sniff curious noses with Dewette's little dog. Kilkenny, too experienced to even try to interrupt two excited spirals mid-speech, turned to warn Whizbang instead.[/size] [/columns] "This lair has a lot of cats lurking. Dogs tend to disappear. The cafe should be safe though, the cats haven't managed to get in it yet since all the mice inside aren't dead." Eventually teacups emptied and Dewette and Petrie's chatter tapered off enough for the other two to interject when they wished. Over the pause of refilling cups, Kilkenny told Dewette, "Oh. I managed to find that poet of yours. "Don't ask how. I hate talking to the bone collector." She grimaced. "Not a long flight from here, but apparently he lives in a graveyard. (Apparently we have a graveyard.) Here's directions on how to get to it." [center] She slid a scribbled map across the table. [color=transparent]__[/color] [img]https://imgur.com/Pczwwce.png[/img] [/center][/quote] [quote=Storygeek][center][img]https://imgur.com/1lOaY8d.png[/img][img]https://imgur.com/J6ryZyV.png[/img][img]https://imgur.com/aYeaWql.png[/img][/center] Dewette pocketed the map in an instant and flashed Kilkenny a blinding smile. Her story didn't miss a beat. [columns][size=4]"...zen Whizzy offerz ze double-dealing coatl anozer go...zey look 'eem 'een ze eye an' sez, "Zees ees all child-play. 'Ow about we zeparate ze dragonz from ze 'atchlingz?" Whizbang had the grace to blush. "Ah well, th' Cap'n used t' say that..." "...an' finally, ze conning cretin push ze egg eento ze pile wiz ze rest. 'E rollz ze dice an' 'e callz eet..." She paused. Then shrugged. Whizbang crowed with laughter and banged the table, making the china jump. Echo barked and hid in Dewette's skirts. The ferret appeared nonplussed.[/size][nextcol][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/526322/52632137.png[/img][/columns] "Ay, but tell'em about after!" Whizbang leaned in, "We get th' egg back t' Gallineo's cart, an' Rialto has a fit! Turns out, it's a banescale egg! Now, those are real unpredictable an' Gallineo's all protective 'bout Enkidu, an' Enkidu's all ready t' adopt it..." [columns][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=58&bodygene=47&breed=18&element=11&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=104&tertgene=42&winggene=48&wings=10&auth=a11e4beed8b518fed6fdce10c513629d192dd6fc&dummyext=prev.png[/img][nextcol] [size=4]"She." Dewette easily resumed control of the narrative. "Inferna. She 'atched an' she ees as wild as wild. Enkidu 'as to travel on ze roof, ees mama won't let 'eem inside wiz ze 'atchling. 'An she ees ravenous. Lucky for Whizzy, zey grow fast, yes? Zo een a week Inferna ees trying to spread 'er wingz. Zen one day we zee Rialto an' Gallineo, zey are conferring outzide, zen we are told to bring Inferna out for feeding. Zo we go, but Rialto, she snatches ze feesh, an' takes off![/size][/columns] Bang! Jus' like zat! Oh, Inferna, she was zo mad, she leaps up and she follows!" Whizbang slid in. "She war leading Inferna back t' th' clan, jes' through th' pass. Take 'er t' th' Grotto, I 'spect. It's isolated an' they'll know what t' do wit' a Banescale." Petrie stopped them with a claw on their shoulder. "Wait. Does that make you a godfather?" Another round of merriment and tea ensued. "Ah, bah! But eet 'as been zo tame since zey left!" Kilkenny could see Dewette fiddling with the paper in her pocket... [center][img]https://imgur.com/kpdML7s.png[/img][/center] The magical teapot was finally empty. Whizbang arranged rooms for themself and Dewette with the rotund landlord below stairs as the sun was setting, coloring the landscape a rosy hue. Dewette stood gazing from the balcony, twirling the folded map between her claws, oblivious to her friend and their hosts. Little Echo, ignored, curled up to nap on Dewette's chair. When Petrie and Kilkenny exchanged concerned glances, Whizbang confided, "Ah, she bin like this since th' Jamboree, iff'n ya' kin believe it! I 'spect she'll be off by mornin' an' chances are we'll get at least a week 'afore we see 'er agin. That's iff'n things go 'er way..." They shrugged. "Me, I 'ave no idee what's in 'er 'ead, but I do know I've got me a free week! So mates, what's OUR plan?" [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/448439/44843845.png[/img][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/556965/55696407.png[/img][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/506348/50634719.png[/img][/center][/quote]
sockmonkeygerald wrote:
UrOgud4.png

While Dewette and Whizbang joined the tea party, Petrie freed an origami crane from one of the many strings of them dangling from the pergola and sent it twirlig down toward the Snappers busy unloading below. She grinned and waved at Enkidu's cheer when a helpful twist of wind lit the paper bird on the little Snapper's nose, then instantly took up Dewette's invitation to talk, launching into a discussion of antics at the poetry convention (Kilkenny didn't manage to kill anyone, herself included, but did make three aspiring authors cry), Dewette's mysterious coatl, and more recent events of both parties' travels.
vSDx1QV.png
Petrie's masked ferret bounced down her spine and hopped to the ground to sniff curious noses with Dewette's little dog. Kilkenny, too experienced to even try to interrupt two excited spirals mid-speech, turned to warn Whizbang instead.
"This lair has a lot of cats lurking. Dogs tend to disappear. The cafe should be safe though, the cats haven't managed to get in it yet since all the mice inside aren't dead."

Eventually teacups emptied and Dewette and Petrie's chatter tapered off enough for the other two to interject when they wished. Over the pause of refilling cups, Kilkenny told Dewette, "Oh. I managed to find that poet of yours.

"Don't ask how. I hate talking to the bone collector." She grimaced. "Not a long flight from here, but apparently he lives in a graveyard. (Apparently we have a graveyard.) Here's directions on how to get to it."
She slid a scribbled map across the table.
__
Pczwwce.png
Storygeek wrote:
1lOaY8d.pngJ6ryZyV.pngaYeaWql.png

Dewette pocketed the map in an instant and flashed Kilkenny a blinding smile. Her story didn't miss a beat.

"...zen Whizzy offerz ze double-dealing coatl anozer go...zey look 'eem 'een ze eye an' sez, "Zees ees all child-play. 'Ow about we zeparate ze dragonz from ze 'atchlingz?"

Whizbang had the grace to blush. "Ah well, th' Cap'n used t' say that..."

"...an' finally, ze conning cretin push ze egg eento ze pile wiz ze rest. 'E rollz ze dice an' 'e callz eet..." She paused. Then shrugged. Whizbang crowed with laughter and banged the table, making the china jump. Echo barked and hid in Dewette's skirts. The ferret appeared nonplussed.
52632137.png

"Ay, but tell'em about after!" Whizbang leaned in, "We get th' egg back t' Gallineo's cart, an' Rialto has a fit! Turns out, it's a banescale egg! Now, those are real unpredictable an' Gallineo's all protective 'bout Enkidu, an' Enkidu's all ready t' adopt it..."
dragon?age=0&body=58&bodygene=47&breed=18&element=11&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=104&tertgene=42&winggene=48&wings=10&auth=a11e4beed8b518fed6fdce10c513629d192dd6fc&dummyext=prev.png
"She." Dewette easily resumed control of the narrative. "Inferna. She 'atched an' she ees as wild as wild. Enkidu 'as to travel on ze roof, ees mama won't let 'eem inside wiz ze 'atchling. 'An she ees ravenous. Lucky for Whizzy, zey grow fast, yes? Zo een a week Inferna ees trying to spread 'er wingz.

Zen one day we zee Rialto an' Gallineo, zey are conferring outzide, zen we are told to bring Inferna out for feeding. Zo we go, but Rialto, she snatches ze feesh, an' takes off!

Bang! Jus' like zat! Oh, Inferna, she was zo mad, she leaps up and she follows!"

Whizbang slid in. "She war leading Inferna back t' th' clan, jes' through th' pass. Take 'er t' th' Grotto, I 'spect. It's isolated an' they'll know what t' do wit' a Banescale."

Petrie stopped them with a claw on their shoulder. "Wait. Does that make you a godfather?" Another round of merriment and tea ensued.

"Ah, bah! But eet 'as been zo tame since zey left!" Kilkenny could see Dewette fiddling with the paper in her pocket...
kpdML7s.png

The magical teapot was finally empty. Whizbang arranged rooms for themself and Dewette with the rotund landlord below stairs as the sun was setting, coloring the landscape a rosy hue.

Dewette stood gazing from the balcony, twirling the folded map between her claws, oblivious to her friend and their hosts. Little Echo, ignored, curled up to nap on Dewette's chair.

When Petrie and Kilkenny exchanged concerned glances, Whizbang confided, "Ah, she bin like this since th' Jamboree, iff'n ya' kin believe it! I 'spect she'll be off by mornin' an' chances are we'll get at least a week 'afore we see 'er agin. That's iff'n things go 'er way..." They shrugged. "Me, I 'ave no idee what's in 'er 'ead, but I do know I've got me a free week! So mates, what's OUR plan?"
44843845.png55696407.png50634719.png

Save this space

Save this space
1 2 3