Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Shattered Pieces-Nuz/Pinkerlocke
1 2 3
[center][color=cyan][size=7]Shattered Pieces[/color][/size][/center] "We'll only be gone for a few weeks," the black spiral says to a light blue Wildclaw. "Everything is in order, keep them safe." She gives him a smile before taking off for Reedclef Ascent. The Wildclaw watches them go before turning back to the large cave. As he walks, he watches the flickering lanterns, amazed at Tigersky's work. Here are the rules I'll be following: [quote name="noodlesthing" date="2014-07-25 11:27:29" ] The premise All of your dragons die in some disaster. There is only one survivor, and it's up to them to mourn their losses and rebuild the lair back to its former glory. How to start 1. Exalt all but one dragon. The best way to go about it is probably to narrow your lair down to a few favorites, then use a random number generator to pick the sole survivor. If you really want you can stow your favorites in a friend's lair or just keep them and not use them, but if you do YOU'RE WEAK. 2. Get an egg. Hatch it. 3. These are the two sole members of your clan - the lone survivor, and an orphaned hatchling, perhaps found among the rubble of the fatal disaster. The rules 1. [s]You can't buy dragons. All you can do is buy eggs or hatch your own[/s]. Change as of 8/17 - You can buy a dragon from the AH after you've leveled three dragons to level 25. This means that you can still get rare breeds that are impossible to find scrolls for, it's just extremely difficult. (You're encouraged to buy non-gened dragons, since you're able to get both rare breeds and whatever colors you want, to keep it in line with the challenge, but do whatever is the most motivating for you.) 2. You can only buy one egg a month. 3. You can't scatter scroll a dragon until they've reached level 25. 4. You can't give a dragon a primary gene until level 10, can't give them a secondary gene until level 15, and can't give them a tertiary gene until level 20. 5. For every egg you find, whether in the coliseum or by scavenging, you may purchase one breed change for any dragon. 6. You cannot gather food, you must grind for it in the coli. 7. If a dragon faints in the coli, it's dead. Exalt. Nests 1. For every hatchling, flip a coin. 2. If tails, the hatchling died. Exalt. 3. If heads, you have a survivor. [/quote] [quote name="Theophilus" date="2019-02-09 01:23:52" ] Drops of Fate: Food: Coliseum time! Plants: 10-20 matches Insects: 20-30 matches Seafood: 30-40 matches Meat: 40-50 matches Choose whichever team and venue you want and go for it. You can quit your battle streak at any time to regen health, and flee from battles if it is appropriate. Don't try do 50 matches in a row unless you want a wiped-out dragon! Materials and trinkets: Flex your creative muscles! Note that there is currently a glitch in which Pinkerton mislabels materials as trinkets. If you obtain a "trinket" from Pinkerton, double check to make sure its not actually a material! Materials: Do some writing for your nuzlocke. How does your new nuzlocke clan change and develop? What are your dragons like personality-wise? How do they get along? How do they die? Is there an antagonist in this nuzlocke, or are they merely struggling against the forces of nature? Write dragon bios! Make a blog, or a thread for your challenge in the creative forums! Write short stories or paragraphs, or add to one big one adventure! Trinkets: Do some art for your nuzlocke! Digital or traditional, use whatever medium feels best for you. Draw deaths. Draw dragons. Draw humanized versions of your dragons (if that's your sort of thing). Draw familiars and dragons together. It doesn't have to be that good or elaborate. If you make a nuzlocke thread, post your art there. Obviously, you might not have time in your day to do something creative. If that's the case, don't worry about it. This challenge is meant to be fun and heartwrenching, not a chore. If you successfully completed this, add a piece of apparel to one of your dragons. Rare drops: Wildcards [b]Familiars[/b]: Pick one of your non-pinkerlocke dragon of a specific breed to join the challenge. Use a random number generator (between 1-13) to determine which breed you will get! (Optionally: attach the familiar to the new dragon.) 1. Fae 2. Guardian 3. Mirror 4. Pearlcatcher 5. Ridgeback 6. Tundra 7. Spiral 8. Imperial 9. Snapper 10. Wildclaw 11. Nocturne 12. Coatl 13. Skydancer [b]Apparel[/b]: Change one of the genes on a dragon, or use a scatterscroll if you are rich and crazy. [b]Battle items[/b]: Uh-oh!!! Flip a coin. Heads = DEATH STREAK Tails = Nothing happens DEATH STREAK rules: Randomly select three dragons using a random number generator. Fight in the coliseum using the "food" rules 10 rounds consecutively (ie. you cannot leave that arena), quitting midway if a dragon dies. If you are using the easymode rules, switch to the hardmode rules for battlestones. [/quote]
Shattered Pieces

"We'll only be gone for a few weeks," the black spiral says to a light blue Wildclaw. "Everything is in order, keep them safe." She gives him a smile before taking off for Reedclef Ascent. The Wildclaw watches them go before turning back to the large cave. As he walks, he watches the flickering lanterns, amazed at Tigersky's work.

Here are the rules I'll be following:
noodlesthing wrote on 2014-07-25 11:27:29:

The premise
All of your dragons die in some disaster. There is only one survivor, and it's up to them to mourn their losses and rebuild the lair back to its former glory.

How to start
1. Exalt all but one dragon. The best way to go about it is probably to narrow your lair down to a few favorites, then use a random number generator to pick the sole survivor. If you really want you can stow your favorites in a friend's lair or just keep them and not use them, but if you do YOU'RE WEAK.
2. Get an egg. Hatch it.
3. These are the two sole members of your clan - the lone survivor, and an orphaned hatchling, perhaps found among the rubble of the fatal disaster.

The rules
1. You can't buy dragons. All you can do is buy eggs or hatch your own. Change as of 8/17 - You can buy a dragon from the AH after you've leveled three dragons to level 25. This means that you can still get rare breeds that are impossible to find scrolls for, it's just extremely difficult. (You're encouraged to buy non-gened dragons, since you're able to get both rare breeds and whatever colors you want, to keep it in line with the challenge, but do whatever is the most motivating for you.)
2. You can only buy one egg a month.
3. You can't scatter scroll a dragon until they've reached level 25.
4. You can't give a dragon a primary gene until level 10, can't give them a secondary gene until level 15, and can't give them a tertiary gene until level 20.
5. For every egg you find, whether in the coliseum or by scavenging, you may purchase one breed change for any dragon.
6. You cannot gather food, you must grind for it in the coli.
7. If a dragon faints in the coli, it's dead. Exalt.

Nests
1. For every hatchling, flip a coin.
2. If tails, the hatchling died. Exalt.
3. If heads, you have a survivor.
Theophilus wrote on 2019-02-09 01:23:52:
Drops of Fate:

Food: Coliseum time!
Plants: 10-20 matches
Insects: 20-30 matches
Seafood: 30-40 matches
Meat: 40-50 matches

Choose whichever team and venue you want and go for it. You can quit your battle streak at any time to regen health, and flee from battles if it is appropriate. Don't try do 50 matches in a row unless you want a wiped-out dragon!

Materials and trinkets: Flex your creative muscles!

Note that there is currently a glitch in which Pinkerton mislabels materials as trinkets. If you obtain a "trinket" from Pinkerton, double check to make sure its not actually a material!

Materials: Do some writing for your nuzlocke. How does your new nuzlocke clan change and develop? What are your dragons like personality-wise? How do they get along? How do they die? Is there an antagonist in this nuzlocke, or are they merely struggling against the forces of nature? Write dragon bios! Make a blog, or a thread for your challenge in the creative forums! Write short stories or paragraphs, or add to one big one adventure!

Trinkets: Do some art for your nuzlocke! Digital or traditional, use whatever medium feels best for you. Draw deaths. Draw dragons. Draw humanized versions of your dragons (if that's your sort of thing). Draw familiars and dragons together. It doesn't have to be that good or elaborate. If you make a nuzlocke thread, post your art there.

Obviously, you might not have time in your day to do something creative. If that's the case, don't worry about it. This challenge is meant to be fun and heartwrenching, not a chore.

If you successfully completed this, add a piece of apparel to one of your dragons.

Rare drops: Wildcards

Familiars: Pick one of your non-pinkerlocke dragon of a specific breed to join the challenge. Use a random number generator (between 1-13) to determine which breed you will get! (Optionally: attach the familiar to the new dragon.)

1. Fae
2. Guardian
3. Mirror
4. Pearlcatcher
5. Ridgeback
6. Tundra
7. Spiral
8. Imperial
9. Snapper
10. Wildclaw
11. Nocturne
12. Coatl
13. Skydancer

Apparel: Change one of the genes on a dragon, or use a scatterscroll if you are rich and crazy.

Battle items: Uh-oh!!!

Flip a coin.
Heads = DEATH STREAK
Tails = Nothing happens

DEATH STREAK rules: Randomly select three dragons using a random number generator. Fight in the coliseum using the "food" rules 10 rounds consecutively (ie. you cannot leave that arena), quitting midway if a dragon dies. If you are using the easymode rules, switch to the hardmode rules for battlestones.
fkWjutW.png
WKtl2lb.png
7fINQj7.gif
ihPM6dNs.png
[size=6] The Dragons [/size] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/36438961][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/364390/36438961_350.png[/img][/url] Snowcorn~ Woke in the ruins, remembers two names. Snowcorn and Gem [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62616322][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/626164/62616322_350.png[/img][/url] Lime~His egg shell protected him and he hatched [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62841196][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/628412/62841196_350.png[/img][/url] Skella~ Taken in by Lime after she hurt her tail in a rock slide
The Dragons
36438961_350.png
Snowcorn~ Woke in the ruins, remembers two names. Snowcorn and Gem

62616322_350.png
Lime~His egg shell protected him and he hatched

62841196_350.png
Skella~ Taken in by Lime after she hurt her tail in a rock slide
fkWjutW.png
WKtl2lb.png
7fINQj7.gif
ihPM6dNs.png
reserve
reserve
fkWjutW.png
WKtl2lb.png
7fINQj7.gif
ihPM6dNs.png
reserve
reserve
fkWjutW.png
WKtl2lb.png
7fINQj7.gif
ihPM6dNs.png
reserve
reserve
fkWjutW.png
WKtl2lb.png
7fINQj7.gif
ihPM6dNs.png
[center][size=5]Chapter 1 [/size][/center] A blue Wildclaw wakes and lifts his head but is stopped by rock. "Ouch," he mutters. "[i]Where am I?[/i]" He can feel a slight breeze on his tail and wiggles back, freeing his head. He looks around in shock. He is sitting in the bottom of a sink hole, scattered around are pieces of glass and other materials. "[i]What is this place?[/i]" he thinks, standing up. He runs a mental check of himself and finds himself surprisingly in tact. Looking around, he is overwhelmed with sadness and a strange feeling of...guilt. Suddenly, he hears a squeak and turns towards the noise. It's coming from under a pile of rubble not far from him. He hurries over and digs through the rubble and finds a small green Banescale hatchling. "[i]Gem,[/i]" he thinks. Just as soon as he realizes the thought it's gone and he sighs in frustration. The hatchling coos and snuggles into his arms and the Wildclaw sighs. [item=Empty Zalis Nest] Trinket~Draw some art for your Nuzlocke! (coming soon haha)
Chapter 1

A blue Wildclaw wakes and lifts his head but is stopped by rock.
"Ouch," he mutters. "Where am I?"
He can feel a slight breeze on his tail and wiggles back, freeing his head. He looks around in shock. He is sitting in the bottom of a sink hole, scattered around are pieces of glass and other materials.
"What is this place?" he thinks, standing up. He runs a mental check of himself and finds himself surprisingly in tact. Looking around, he is overwhelmed with sadness and a strange feeling of...guilt. Suddenly, he hears a squeak and turns towards the noise. It's coming from under a pile of rubble not far from him. He hurries over and digs through the rubble and finds a small green Banescale hatchling.
"Gem," he thinks. Just as soon as he realizes the thought it's gone and he sighs in frustration. The hatchling coos and snuggles into his arms and the Wildclaw sighs.

Empty Zalis Nest Trinket~Draw some art for your Nuzlocke!
(coming soon haha)
fkWjutW.png
WKtl2lb.png
7fINQj7.gif
ihPM6dNs.png
[center][size=5]Chapter 2[/size][/center] The Wildclaw wakes to something nosing his neck. He opens his eyes to see the bright green Banescale. "Nom," it says before gumming his claw. "You hungry little guy?" he asks, gently pulling his claw free. "Nom," it agrees, following him out from under the overhang. The other day, the Wildclaw had found a large stock of food buried in the ground. It was enough to last him and the baby for awhile, which took some of the stress out of his wings. As he wandered over, he noticed a small puddle of water. He catches a glimpse of his reflection. His eyes were a bright snowy white unlike the Banescale, that were a bright blue. "[i]Snowcorn,[/i]" the name slammed into his brain. "[i]That's my name.[/i]" The little Banescale had run over to the food and was looking at it glumly. "Nom," it says sadly as it grabs a small green fruit. "That's a lime, I don't think you'll like it very much," he says gently, approaching the hatchling. "Liiiiimmme," the hatchling says slowly. "Lime!" The hatchling points to himself. "Lime!" "Alright, your name is Lime now," Snowcorn laughs before grabbing some meat and feeding it to the hatchling. [item=Canopic Jar] Trinket~ Draw some art! (ope alright I'll get this done soon) After feeding Lime, Snowcorn looks around at the mess. "I really should clean this up... all these fragmants could be harmful for a hatchling," he mutters as Lime begins to explore. The sinkhole is so big, he doesn't know where to start. Suddenly he hears a crash and whips around to see Lime warily watching a shattered jar. "You have to be careful!" Snowcorn says, rushing over and picking up the hatchling he then notices another jar surprisingly in tact only a few feet away. Looking around, he starts to notice other such containers around the sinkhole. "Hey, I have a job for you," he says to Lime who still looks a little shaken up. "Can you find all the other jars like this?" The hatchling nods and hops out of his arms.
Chapter 2
The Wildclaw wakes to something nosing his neck. He opens his eyes to see the bright green Banescale.
"Nom," it says before gumming his claw.
"You hungry little guy?" he asks, gently pulling his claw free.
"Nom," it agrees, following him out from under the overhang.
The other day, the Wildclaw had found a large stock of food buried in the ground. It was enough to last him and the baby for awhile, which took some of the stress out of his wings. As he wandered over, he noticed a small puddle of water. He catches a glimpse of his reflection. His eyes were a bright snowy white unlike the Banescale, that were a bright blue.
"Snowcorn," the name slammed into his brain. "That's my name."
The little Banescale had run over to the food and was looking at it glumly.
"Nom," it says sadly as it grabs a small green fruit.
"That's a lime, I don't think you'll like it very much," he says gently, approaching the hatchling.
"Liiiiimmme," the hatchling says slowly. "Lime!" The hatchling points to himself. "Lime!"
"Alright, your name is Lime now," Snowcorn laughs before grabbing some meat and feeding it to the hatchling.

Canopic Jar Trinket~ Draw some art!
(ope alright I'll get this done soon)

After feeding Lime, Snowcorn looks around at the mess.
"I really should clean this up... all these fragmants could be harmful for a hatchling," he mutters as Lime begins to explore. The sinkhole is so big, he doesn't know where to start. Suddenly he hears a crash and whips around to see Lime warily watching a shattered jar.
"You have to be careful!" Snowcorn says, rushing over and picking up the hatchling he then notices another jar surprisingly in tact only a few feet away. Looking around, he starts to notice other such containers around the sinkhole.
"Hey, I have a job for you," he says to Lime who still looks a little shaken up. "Can you find all the other jars like this?"
The hatchling nods and hops out of his arms.
fkWjutW.png
WKtl2lb.png
7fINQj7.gif
ihPM6dNs.png
(Oof I haven’t done this in a bit but I’ve got a coli grind to do, writing and potential death streak oof I’ll update soon promise)
(Oof I haven’t done this in a bit but I’ve got a coli grind to do, writing and potential death streak oof I’ll update soon promise)
fkWjutW.png
WKtl2lb.png
7fINQj7.gif
ihPM6dNs.png
[center][size=5]Chapter 3 [/size][/center] Snowcorn looked around the sinkhole with a sigh. It had been a few weeks since he had woken under the rubble and found Lime. Now, Lime had grown up and was able to help Snowcorn begin cleaning up. They had made very little progress, only clearing out the place under their little ledge. "What are we doing now boss?" Lime asked, landing with a thump besides Snowcorn. "Finding more water, we're almost out," Snowcorn sighed, grabbing two jars in his claws and taking to the sky. Lime grabbed one in his jaws and followed. They flew low to the ground and thankfully found a small river. [item=pampas grass]~ COLI TIME 10-20 battles Just as he leaned down to fill the jar, he caught the scent of something nearby. His head fans flared and he snarled. The bushes rustled and a fat bumble bee tumbled out. It was dark blue and only came up to Snowcorn's knees, but the warning bells in his brain didn't calm. "I think it's harmless boss," Lime said, hiding laughter. Snowcorn watched it warily, wishing he could remember why these things were so bad. Lime had wandered closer and it buzzed in warning. Lime laughed and gently poked it. The thing flew at him trying to sting him but his scales protected him. Suddenly three more appeared and flew in. Snowcorn jumped into action, distracting the fuzzy bees from Lime. Two came after him while two attacked Lime. "Mother of Stormcatcher!" Snowcorn yelped as the bees stung him. His skin was thick, but the stings still hurt. Snowcorn didn't know how long he fought or even how he knew how to fight but soon, the bees were dead and he was covered in stings. He winced as he filled the jars which had thankfully been spared. Lime helped and soon they were able to limp back to their home.
Chapter 3
Snowcorn looked around the sinkhole with a sigh. It had been a few weeks since he had woken under the rubble and found Lime. Now, Lime had grown up and was able to help Snowcorn begin cleaning up. They had made very little progress, only clearing out the place under their little ledge.
"What are we doing now boss?" Lime asked, landing with a thump besides Snowcorn.
"Finding more water, we're almost out," Snowcorn sighed, grabbing two jars in his claws and taking to the sky. Lime grabbed one in his jaws and followed. They flew low to the ground and thankfully found a small river.
Pampas Grass ~ COLI TIME 10-20 battles

Just as he leaned down to fill the jar, he caught the scent of something nearby. His head fans flared and he snarled. The bushes rustled and a fat bumble bee tumbled out. It was dark blue and only came up to Snowcorn's knees, but the warning bells in his brain didn't calm.
"I think it's harmless boss," Lime said, hiding laughter. Snowcorn watched it warily, wishing he could remember why these things were so bad. Lime had wandered closer and it buzzed in warning. Lime laughed and gently poked it. The thing flew at him trying to sting him but his scales protected him.
Suddenly three more appeared and flew in. Snowcorn jumped into action, distracting the fuzzy bees from Lime. Two came after him while two attacked Lime.
"Mother of Stormcatcher!" Snowcorn yelped as the bees stung him. His skin was thick, but the stings still hurt.

Snowcorn didn't know how long he fought or even how he knew how to fight but soon, the bees were dead and he was covered in stings. He winced as he filled the jars which had thankfully been spared. Lime helped and soon they were able to limp back to their home.

fkWjutW.png
WKtl2lb.png
7fINQj7.gif
ihPM6dNs.png
[center][size=5]Chapter 4[/center][/size] After the battle with the bees, Lime and Snowcorn had stayed close to their home and had made good progress cleaning up. Every few days they would travel back to the stream to get more water but they never saw the bees again. Together, Lime and Snowcorn had cleared about half of the giant sinkhole. Their pile of junk was growing as they combed the broken ruins for anything usable. As they did, they began to build a shelter. As of now they had about half of a wall under the overhang. There was a large amount of wood for a desert and Snowcorn wished he could remember the glory of the old place. [item=Flamerest Embers] Material-Write! Suddenly the image of a bustling cave flashed into Snowcorn's mind, causing him to stumble. "You okay boss?" Lime asked, looking up from the wall he was working on. "Y-yeah," he stammered. Suddenly he heard whispers surrounding him. "Do you hear that?" Lime cocked his head and nodded. "Creepy stuff boss," he said. "Place is probably haunted... if this was the home to so many dragons. It would make sense." "I wonder if they could help me..." Snowcorn trailed off. The whispers grew more frantic as Snowcorn continued to clean up. He saw something white gleam in the sun and carefully dug it up. He dropped it with horror as he saw what it was. Reaching down to pick it up he studied the skull. "[i]Spiral... but how is it so clean?[/i]" he wondered. Suddenly a faint outline of a spiral appeared. "[i]Find the oracle and release us from the earthen prison[/i]" it said before disappearing. The whispers silenced and Snowcorn shuddered. "[i]I'm standing on a giant graveyard[/i]" he realized.
Chapter 4

After the battle with the bees, Lime and Snowcorn had stayed close to their home and had made good progress cleaning up. Every few days they would travel back to the stream to get more water but they never saw the bees again. Together, Lime and Snowcorn had cleared about half of the giant sinkhole. Their pile of junk was growing as they combed the broken ruins for anything usable. As they did, they began to build a shelter. As of now they had about half of a wall under the overhang. There was a large amount of wood for a desert and Snowcorn wished he could remember the glory of the old place.
Flamerest Embers Material-Write!
Suddenly the image of a bustling cave flashed into Snowcorn's mind, causing him to stumble.
"You okay boss?" Lime asked, looking up from the wall he was working on.
"Y-yeah," he stammered. Suddenly he heard whispers surrounding him. "Do you hear that?"
Lime cocked his head and nodded. "Creepy stuff boss," he said. "Place is probably haunted... if this was the home to so many dragons. It would make sense."
"I wonder if they could help me..." Snowcorn trailed off. The whispers grew more frantic as Snowcorn continued to clean up. He saw something white gleam in the sun and carefully dug it up. He dropped it with horror as he saw what it was. Reaching down to pick it up he studied the skull.

"Spiral... but how is it so clean?" he wondered. Suddenly a faint outline of a spiral appeared.
"Find the oracle and release us from the earthen prison" it said before disappearing. The whispers silenced and Snowcorn shuddered.
"I'm standing on a giant graveyard" he realized.
fkWjutW.png
WKtl2lb.png
7fINQj7.gif
ihPM6dNs.png
1 2 3