Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Cage: Staff Log 01 Betrayal
[center][size=7][size=5][font=filth of icarus 2]The Cage[/font][/size][/center] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/8j5x6ctsche062g/lightningbottom.png[/img][/center] [center][size=7][size=4][font=filth of icarus 2]Entry One[/center][/size][/font] [size=3][i]Report made by: Commander Eckart Date: 05/03/1953 Time: 5:03 PM[/i] I don't usually do these. Waste of time, I say. However, I have lots of time now. Although writing this report would cause me pain, so I am very grateful for our advancements in recording technology. [center]([i]Coughing fit[/i])[/center] It's by no means a perfect solution. We've sent Conviction and our healthy members as far away from the Cage as they can get. I suppose I should start at the beginning, however. [center]([i]Coughing fit. Static[/i])[/center] You must excuse me, I'm not usually prone to hacking up my lungs on a regular basis. [center][i]*Chuckle*[/i][/center] In the Cage, there are several branches, dedicated to specific tasks. The main part of the Cage is just referred to as the Cage. I know, confusing, I didn't come up with the name. The recruiting branch, the Circus Macabre, doubles as a performing troupe. Then there's the Cursed Court, which focuses on studying the Shade and Shade-touched such as myself. The Emberglow Mercenaries are exactly as they seem. Our guards, wardens, and often assassins. We have ambassadors for each flight in Sornieth, as well as a wing dedicated to studying the Eldritch. Beings from either where ever the shade comes from or deep beneath the surface. Demons, some call them. Most of them are alright, I just hope they don't try to take matters into their own hands. [center][i](Moment of silence)[/i][/center] Anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself. Our previous Maestro in charge of the Circus Macabre is a shadow dragon known as Rocko. Was... I'm sorry this is a difficult topic, and probably not for the reason you're thinking. Rocko often made visits to his home territory and that's not exactly suspicious. And then Aix had her accident... Dr. Aix was... is our top scientist, and if she'd had her faculties about her she could have warned us. Rocko has been offering sacrifices to the Shade, and the most we can figure is that she was a deity, as blasphemous as that sounds. Aix was an unfortunate victim, and although she lives as a cyborg, we know that Rocko is attempting to find a suitable body for the Shade to come to Sornieth. We were so close to catching him... [center]([i]Coughing fit[/i])[/center] [center]([i]Wheezing breaths[/i])[/center] Apologies. I'm almost to the reason for my incessant coughing. Rocko recently released a plague upon our clan. It's not an ordinary plague, nor was it manufactured by our glorious Plaguemother. No, Rocko designed it to take out the Shade-touched within the legion, and I suppose the Eldritch, but that seems to have failed. Myself and most of my clan are ill. As of right now, the banescale Conviction is our only hope and the rest of us must wait here in wretched agony. I wish it were me out there! Chasing that traitor! [center]([i]Wheezing and gasping. A soft voice in the background offering soothing words[/i])[/center] Yes... thank you Ata. I did not foresee this coming... begrudgingly I admit no one [i]could[/i]. For now, I hope to document the story of our struggle, and hopefully the capture and execution of that ****** traitor. I fear for the hatchlings in the clan. They will either grow up in the midst of disease and possibly death... or they will perish. Rocko must be stopped. I give all my power to Conviction in my prayers. The legion cannot afford another catastrophe. [i]Log ends.[/i] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/2360rrbawqe4flt/lightningmid.png[/img][/center] [center][size=7][size=4][font=filth of icarus 2]Entry Two[/center][/size][/font] [size=3][i]Report made by: Commander Eckart Date: 05/09/1953 Time: 6:35 PM[/i] I'm sorry for the wait, well, if anyone is reading these that is. Perhaps it's my descendants, or whoever finds these journals after we're gone. Then no time has passed at all. [center][i]*Chuckle*[/i][/center] I'm getting lost in hypotheticals. I do have an update to make. The eldritch are safe and well, the virus seems to have failed at targeting them entirely. They are watching the eggs and hatchlings. Our non-shade-touched clanmates are only barely sick, but we can't risk them carrying the disease anywhere. As of right now, we are alone in our struggle. [center][i](coughing fit)[/i][/center] Conviction has sent some letters back. She and her team have gathered two ingredients, but the going is slow. They must be careful if anyone falls we'll be welcoming more sick within our walls. We've learned that Rocko has taken the sick hatchling into the golem workshop now, no doubt making his way to the Forbidden Portal, where we will most certainly lose him. At that point, we will be doomed to die. [center][i](Moment of silence)[/i][/center] I have a most... peculiar confession. In the days between entries, I have discovered something both amazing and concerning. The legion's previous leader, Khrynia, who fell to the serthis scourge has returned... in a sense. She is an apparition, bleached white with the liquid blood in her stomach. She has been giving me counsel in this time. Evidently, Rocko is on his way to releasing the Shade, and if he succeeds all of Sornieth is at risk. [center][i](coughing fit)[/i][/center] If I could, I would go out there and stop him myself. I am far too weak for such a feat, and soon I won't be able to make these journals anymore. Perhaps this will be my last one. For now. I must rest. [i]Log ends.[/i]
The Cage
lightningbottom.png
Entry One

Report made by: Commander Eckart
Date: 05/03/1953
Time: 5:03 PM

I don't usually do these. Waste of time, I say. However, I have lots of time now. Although writing this report would cause me pain, so I am very grateful for our advancements in recording technology.
(Coughing fit)
It's by no means a perfect solution. We've sent Conviction and our healthy members as far away from the Cage as they can get. I suppose I should start at the beginning, however.
(Coughing fit. Static)
You must excuse me, I'm not usually prone to hacking up my lungs on a regular basis.
*Chuckle*
In the Cage, there are several branches, dedicated to specific tasks. The main part of the Cage is just referred to as the Cage. I know, confusing, I didn't come up with the name. The recruiting branch, the Circus Macabre, doubles as a performing troupe. Then there's the Cursed Court, which focuses on studying the Shade and Shade-touched such as myself. The Emberglow Mercenaries are exactly as they seem. Our guards, wardens, and often assassins. We have ambassadors for each flight in Sornieth, as well as a wing dedicated to studying the Eldritch. Beings from either where ever the shade comes from or deep beneath the surface. Demons, some call them. Most of them are alright, I just hope they don't try to take matters into their own hands.
(Moment of silence)
Anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself. Our previous Maestro in charge of the Circus Macabre is a shadow dragon known as Rocko. Was... I'm sorry this is a difficult topic, and probably not for the reason you're thinking. Rocko often made visits to his home territory and that's not exactly suspicious. And then Aix had her accident... Dr. Aix was... is our top scientist, and if she'd had her faculties about her she could have warned us. Rocko has been offering sacrifices to the Shade, and the most we can figure is that she was a deity, as blasphemous as that sounds. Aix was an unfortunate victim, and although she lives as a cyborg, we know that Rocko is attempting to find a suitable body for the Shade to come to Sornieth. We were so close to catching him...
(Coughing fit)
(Wheezing breaths)
Apologies. I'm almost to the reason for my incessant coughing. Rocko recently released a plague upon our clan. It's not an ordinary plague, nor was it manufactured by our glorious Plaguemother. No, Rocko designed it to take out the Shade-touched within the legion, and I suppose the Eldritch, but that seems to have failed. Myself and most of my clan are ill. As of right now, the banescale Conviction is our only hope and the rest of us must wait here in wretched agony. I wish it were me out there! Chasing that traitor!
(Wheezing and gasping. A soft voice in the background offering soothing words)
Yes... thank you Ata. I did not foresee this coming... begrudgingly I admit no one could. For now, I hope to document the story of our struggle, and hopefully the capture and execution of that ****** traitor. I fear for the hatchlings in the clan. They will either grow up in the midst of disease and possibly death... or they will perish. Rocko must be stopped. I give all my power to Conviction in my prayers. The legion cannot afford another catastrophe.

Log ends.
lightningmid.png
Entry Two

Report made by: Commander Eckart
Date: 05/09/1953
Time: 6:35 PM

I'm sorry for the wait, well, if anyone is reading these that is. Perhaps it's my descendants, or whoever finds these journals after we're gone. Then no time has passed at all.
*Chuckle*
I'm getting lost in hypotheticals. I do have an update to make. The eldritch are safe and well, the virus seems to have failed at targeting them entirely. They are watching the eggs and hatchlings. Our non-shade-touched clanmates are only barely sick, but we can't risk them carrying the disease anywhere. As of right now, we are alone in our struggle.
(coughing fit)
Conviction has sent some letters back. She and her team have gathered two ingredients, but the going is slow. They must be careful if anyone falls we'll be welcoming more sick within our walls. We've learned that Rocko has taken the sick hatchling into the golem workshop now, no doubt making his way to the Forbidden Portal, where we will most certainly lose him. At that point, we will be doomed to die.
(Moment of silence)
I have a most... peculiar confession. In the days between entries, I have discovered something both amazing and concerning. The legion's previous leader, Khrynia, who fell to the serthis scourge has returned... in a sense. She is an apparition, bleached white with the liquid blood in her stomach. She has been giving me counsel in this time. Evidently, Rocko is on his way to releasing the Shade, and if he succeeds all of Sornieth is at risk.
(coughing fit)
If I could, I would go out there and stop him myself. I am far too weak for such a feat, and soon I won't be able to make these journals anymore. Perhaps this will be my last one. For now. I must rest.
Log ends.
in7SefG.png
Reserve
Reserve
in7SefG.png
Reserve
Reserve
in7SefG.png
Reserve
Reserve
in7SefG.png
Reserve