Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Traveler's Journal [LORE PROJECT]
1 2 3 4
Entry #28 – The SilverSong Clan (unfinished entry)
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Day 1 ~ (19)

Today, I arrived at the SilverSong Clan. I was told earlier that it was not a very large clan, so you can imagine my surprise when I arrived in the area, looked around, and saw dragons everywhere; all either flying high in the sky or chatting amiably on the grass. It had a very festive feel to it. But where were all the tunnels? I recalled hearing that this clan lived primarily underground.

Asking around, I found my answer. Apparently, I had happened to arrive on the last day of the clan’s week-long festival that celebrated their 1st year anniversary. What a surprise! Many of the dragons immediately let me join on the festivities, greeting me with friendly smiles and leading me over to the stands.

Underneath a large cloth canopy(presumably to keep out the rain), banners, flags, ribbons, and strings of pretty lights were all set up to drape in-between and over crudely set up wooden stalls. Delicious scents wafted towards me from every direction, and they were quite hard to resist. I decided to give in. I drifted over towards one of the stalls, where a female Coatl was calling out to dragons walking. “3 Treasure for one slice of banana bread! One slice per dragon!” 3 Treasure?! Either this banana bread tasted terrible, or it was ridiculously underpriced.

Dragons crowded around her stall, so apparently this was quite popular. Hm. Might as well try the local culture. I walked up to the stall, waited in line, and paid for the bread when it was my turn. The Coatl gave me a warm smile as she wrapped up my banana bread and handed it to me. “Enjoy!”

I nodded to her in thanks and sat down to eat, a little ways away from the pavilion. It was so good! Why had she underpriced herself like that?

Other dragons soon spotted me after that, and I was quickly ushered away to a game booth. After spending a very enjoyable evening trying my hand at the many different activities they had to offer, I was quite exhausted. It was time to hit the hay, so to speak.

Day 2 ~ (20)

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
The clan doesn’t look even half as large at it seemed yesterday. )

They told me not to help since I was a guest and all, but I insisted. We

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

In progress - (brief outline) Someone takes him on a tour and takes him around the clan

Day 6 ~ (24)

In progress - (brief outline) The clan is preparing for the Christmas celebration tomorrow and Tafiya helps out

Day 7 ~ (25)

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum. I feel bad to be leaving the day after Christmas, but I’ve already scheduled my next trip and I don’t want to keep others waiting.

In progress - (brief outline) Tafiya has a Christmas celebration with the SilverSong Clan :D

Entry #28 – The SilverSong Clan (unfinished entry)

Day 1 ~ (19)

Today, I arrived at the SilverSong Clan. I was told earlier that it was not a very large clan, so you can imagine my surprise when I arrived in the area, looked around, and saw dragons everywhere; all either flying high in the sky or chatting amiably on the grass. It had a very festive feel to it. But where were all the tunnels? I recalled hearing that this clan lived primarily underground.

Asking around, I found my answer. Apparently, I had happened to arrive on the last day of the clan’s week-long festival that celebrated their 1st year anniversary. What a surprise! Many of the dragons immediately let me join on the festivities, greeting me with friendly smiles and leading me over to the stands.

Underneath a large cloth canopy(presumably to keep out the rain), banners, flags, ribbons, and strings of pretty lights were all set up to drape in-between and over crudely set up wooden stalls. Delicious scents wafted towards me from every direction, and they were quite hard to resist. I decided to give in. I drifted over towards one of the stalls, where a female Coatl was calling out to dragons walking. “3 Treasure for one slice of banana bread! One slice per dragon!” 3 Treasure?! Either this banana bread tasted terrible, or it was ridiculously underpriced.

Dragons crowded around her stall, so apparently this was quite popular. Hm. Might as well try the local culture. I walked up to the stall, waited in line, and paid for the bread when it was my turn. The Coatl gave me a warm smile as she wrapped up my banana bread and handed it to me. “Enjoy!”

I nodded to her in thanks and sat down to eat, a little ways away from the pavilion. It was so good! Why had she underpriced herself like that?

Other dragons soon spotted me after that, and I was quickly ushered away to a game booth. After spending a very enjoyable evening trying my hand at the many different activities they had to offer, I was quite exhausted. It was time to hit the hay, so to speak.

Day 2 ~ (20)

The clan doesn’t look even half as large at it seemed yesterday. )

They told me not to help since I was a guest and all, but I insisted. We

In progress - (brief outline) Someone takes him on a tour and takes him around the clan

Day 6 ~ (24)

In progress - (brief outline) The clan is preparing for the Christmas celebration tomorrow and Tafiya helps out

Day 7 ~ (25)

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum. I feel bad to be leaving the day after Christmas, but I’ve already scheduled my next trip and I don’t want to keep others waiting.

In progress - (brief outline) Tafiya has a Christmas celebration with the SilverSong Clan :D

AUOAU8y.png

A0gxC35.png
Entry #29 – [Verglas Clan]

The Icefields are cold, especially this time of year. I’m not the only one who thinks so; half the newly-named Verglas Clan seems to agree with me.

Apparently they are refugees, first from the Arcane territories and later from the Ruins. They have accepted me quickly enough, and their lodge is warm and comfortable.

The New Year was spent in this lodge, singing and eating and generally talking. A spiral, apparently a demon, flew through the air while his mate and friend watched with not a little embarrassment. A myriad members of the Beastclans as well as several animals all crowded in as well, making the lodge a tight squeeze.

But it was nice. I rather enjoyed my stay..

Entry #29 – [Verglas Clan]

The Icefields are cold, especially this time of year. I’m not the only one who thinks so; half the newly-named Verglas Clan seems to agree with me.

Apparently they are refugees, first from the Arcane territories and later from the Ruins. They have accepted me quickly enough, and their lodge is warm and comfortable.

The New Year was spent in this lodge, singing and eating and generally talking. A spiral, apparently a demon, flew through the air while his mate and friend watched with not a little embarrassment. A myriad members of the Beastclans as well as several animals all crowded in as well, making the lodge a tight squeeze.

But it was nice. I rather enjoyed my stay..

_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
Entry #30 – [Evermore]

I decided to stay in the Southern Icefield a little bit more. So many things have happened with me in the past months, I wanted to chill out a bit. I decided to make a trip at the woods of the Snowsqual Tundra. Just me, my familiar and the nature. I was camping in the forests for two days when I have reached a small canyon that was filled with many narrow rivers. I went there to drink from the clear water when I’ve noticed a strange blue figure next to my reflection. I turned back and saw there... a creature.

It had the body of a Skydancer dragon with the head of a blue fox. In the place of her neck there were only swirling mist. She had two more colorful wings at the shoulders. I got startled from the sight, so much that I’ve almost fallen into the ice-cold river! But the creature grabbed and pulled me back. I wanted to give my thanks to her when she suddenly grabbed my hat and ran away with it. My precious hat! I immediately flew after her, but she was way too fast! Not to mention that whenever I caught up, her body got disappeared and appeared in the other direction. We have been playing tag for some minutes when she finally stopped. She landed at the entrance of a white castle.
The castle stood at a side cliff over the river. They were placed underneath a great canyon which led many narrow waterfalls to the under-flowing river. The sight of the clear-white, marbled castle with all of those surrounding waterfalls was just... breathtaking. I was so enchanted by the sight, before I could realize, she went in the castle. I had no other choice but to follow her.

I opened the front door and found myself in a large hall. It was grandiose, the whole room was filled with deep purple carpets, curtains and golden decorations like vases, big chandeliers, mirrors, and such. While I was looking around, suddenly a big Imperial appeared at the stairs and shout at me: Who are you? How dare you enter to this holy place?! I got started of his earth-shaking voice. I tried to explain myself, but he was so furious, I couldn’t say a word! I didn’t want to leave without my hat. I gathered all my bravery to face with him but before I could make a move, another Imperial appeared behind him and gave a big slap at his head. Leo, I’ve told you many times to not shout with guests! Where did you put your good manners? Mother, this isn’t a guest but an invad… Puff! She gave him another slap. Wrong! I’ve told you to call me Mama! I am still young! She turned her face sulkily. The other Imperial lowered his voice. Mother and I’ve told you many times to not embarrass me in front of others... I am your guardian, I have to be aware of foreigners.... – he said. Oh Sweetie, be at ease. You do an amazing job. And you don’t have to be wary of this man. He was brought here by Saphira! I saw as she led him here. What? Is that true? -he asked me. I am not sure... I, I just followed a blue fox faced thing here... she stole my hat! Hmmm... so that's what happened... - he lowered his voice for me as well. The other Imperail looked at my eyes. Well, now that we cleared out things. Let me introduce ourselves. My name is Persephone. This rude man here is my son, Leonhart. And this is our home… Evermore.

They welcomed then showed me around their place. They introduced me to their King and Queen who allowed me to stay in their home for some days. They also gave my hat back, which made me so relieved! After that I’ve met with the other members. It turned out that I’ve encountered with a very special clan since most of them lived their second life here! Some came from different worlds and reincarnated here as dragons meanwhile the older members of the clan– who were dragons from the start – reborn in new bodies. They said many tragical events happened with the clan in the past but thanks to a wandering goddess they’ve got a second chance to live. All members are connected somehow with the otherworld and possess special, almost god-like powers. It turned out that creature who ran away with my hat, her name was Saphira, was in fact a spirit who guides the lost souls to the clan’s castle where they offer help and shelter for them. I was amazed by their unbelievable and fantastic stories. I felt respect towards these dragons for having such a great faith, loyalty and will. They managed to overcome all of the bad things, start a new life and build up a wonderful home and a strong clan. I’ve learned many things from them, and I had a really great time during my staying. Even though they’ve lived in the ice region their place was surprisingly warm, lively and pleasant. But I had to move on. I enjoyed myself but I felt that I can’t fit in this holy clan. We said farewell and I’ve continued my journey.

Entry #30 – [Evermore]

I decided to stay in the Southern Icefield a little bit more. So many things have happened with me in the past months, I wanted to chill out a bit. I decided to make a trip at the woods of the Snowsqual Tundra. Just me, my familiar and the nature. I was camping in the forests for two days when I have reached a small canyon that was filled with many narrow rivers. I went there to drink from the clear water when I’ve noticed a strange blue figure next to my reflection. I turned back and saw there... a creature.

It had the body of a Skydancer dragon with the head of a blue fox. In the place of her neck there were only swirling mist. She had two more colorful wings at the shoulders. I got startled from the sight, so much that I’ve almost fallen into the ice-cold river! But the creature grabbed and pulled me back. I wanted to give my thanks to her when she suddenly grabbed my hat and ran away with it. My precious hat! I immediately flew after her, but she was way too fast! Not to mention that whenever I caught up, her body got disappeared and appeared in the other direction. We have been playing tag for some minutes when she finally stopped. She landed at the entrance of a white castle.
The castle stood at a side cliff over the river. They were placed underneath a great canyon which led many narrow waterfalls to the under-flowing river. The sight of the clear-white, marbled castle with all of those surrounding waterfalls was just... breathtaking. I was so enchanted by the sight, before I could realize, she went in the castle. I had no other choice but to follow her.

I opened the front door and found myself in a large hall. It was grandiose, the whole room was filled with deep purple carpets, curtains and golden decorations like vases, big chandeliers, mirrors, and such. While I was looking around, suddenly a big Imperial appeared at the stairs and shout at me: Who are you? How dare you enter to this holy place?! I got started of his earth-shaking voice. I tried to explain myself, but he was so furious, I couldn’t say a word! I didn’t want to leave without my hat. I gathered all my bravery to face with him but before I could make a move, another Imperial appeared behind him and gave a big slap at his head. Leo, I’ve told you many times to not shout with guests! Where did you put your good manners? Mother, this isn’t a guest but an invad… Puff! She gave him another slap. Wrong! I’ve told you to call me Mama! I am still young! She turned her face sulkily. The other Imperial lowered his voice. Mother and I’ve told you many times to not embarrass me in front of others... I am your guardian, I have to be aware of foreigners.... – he said. Oh Sweetie, be at ease. You do an amazing job. And you don’t have to be wary of this man. He was brought here by Saphira! I saw as she led him here. What? Is that true? -he asked me. I am not sure... I, I just followed a blue fox faced thing here... she stole my hat! Hmmm... so that's what happened... - he lowered his voice for me as well. The other Imperail looked at my eyes. Well, now that we cleared out things. Let me introduce ourselves. My name is Persephone. This rude man here is my son, Leonhart. And this is our home… Evermore.

They welcomed then showed me around their place. They introduced me to their King and Queen who allowed me to stay in their home for some days. They also gave my hat back, which made me so relieved! After that I’ve met with the other members. It turned out that I’ve encountered with a very special clan since most of them lived their second life here! Some came from different worlds and reincarnated here as dragons meanwhile the older members of the clan– who were dragons from the start – reborn in new bodies. They said many tragical events happened with the clan in the past but thanks to a wandering goddess they’ve got a second chance to live. All members are connected somehow with the otherworld and possess special, almost god-like powers. It turned out that creature who ran away with my hat, her name was Saphira, was in fact a spirit who guides the lost souls to the clan’s castle where they offer help and shelter for them. I was amazed by their unbelievable and fantastic stories. I felt respect towards these dragons for having such a great faith, loyalty and will. They managed to overcome all of the bad things, start a new life and build up a wonderful home and a strong clan. I’ve learned many things from them, and I had a really great time during my staying. Even though they’ve lived in the ice region their place was surprisingly warm, lively and pleasant. But I had to move on. I enjoyed myself but I felt that I can’t fit in this holy clan. We said farewell and I’ve continued my journey.

jbyQtHP.png
[size=5][size=5][font=mistral]Entry #31 – Emberglow Hollow[/size][/size] [color=#bea55d]–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––[/color] [indent][size=3][font=times new roman]It was just another day in the Hollow. I was woken up by Frostfang’s snoring (as always), and decided to get some early breakfast. I never usually leave the hollow, but I just felt like today was going to be special. Anyways, I climb the steps, and who do I see at the entrance, but a Pearlcatcher! We don’t get too many visitors here in the lone-corner of the Ashfall Wastes, so this one surprised me. “Greetings!” I said. “What brings you here?” “Well, I’m looking for some place called the ‘Emberglow Hollow’. Do you know where I can find it?” The Pearlcatcher responds. I quietly chuckle. “You’ve [i]found[/i] the Hollow.” I try my best to hold in laughter, as I see the dragon turn red. “It’s ok. We don’t get many visitors. You must be Taff! We’ve been expecting you.” After bringing him to the main cavern, my mate swoops down to greet the newcomer. “Hello! You must be this ‘traveling dragon’ that we’ve heard about. My name is Frostfang, and this is my mate, Elen.” He gestures to me. “Unlike most visitors, you get to stay in the Eternal Fire Chamber, which is where all the important dragons/guests stay.” He pauses, but only for a moment. “-And don’t worry. You don’t actually go [i]in[/i] the fire.” ———————————————————————————————————————————— That was a little excerpt written by one of the kind alphas who reside in Emberglow Hollow. Once they found about this journal, Elen was more than happy to help me fill it out. After I got to meet them, and the ‘Progens’ (whatever that means), I got to meet everyone. Eclypse, Confetti, and a few others took me out on one of their ‘food scrambles’. I...didn’t catch anything, but it was still fun to participate! I don’t know why, but I feel oddly safe around Eclypse. She’s funny, and a great friend. I like her. After that, I met an odd pair of Mirrors. I don’t know what’s so off about them, but at least I got to spend some time with their adorable daughter. Strange thing is, Wish seemed more intelligent than the average hatching. It’s probably just my imagination. Every night in the Hollow was just spectacular! It was hardly dark, for giant, glowing embers, spewed from that magnificent flame, kept the lair lit and warm. It was as if the night sky was now underground, and I’d find myself staring at them long into the night. During my stay, I also got to meet dragons who called themselves ‘OCs’ and ‘Fandragons’. I don’t fully understand what those words mean, but they’re an interesting bunch! I was having the best time, when I kept getting odd glances from this Mirror covered in bandages, and a bright-red Coatl with dark tatters. Call me crazy, but I had the strongest feeling that they didn’t want me there, so I politely left, and returned to the safety of the main cavern. I wish I could stay longer, but unfortunately, my travels must continue. Almost if they could read my mind, the Alphas were waiting for me at the entrance. “Before you go, we wanted to give you something.” Elen says with a smile. With a gleam in his eye, I see Frostfang pass me a pair of Gold Steampunk Goggles. “To help you cross the Ashfall Wastes, with all of the ash and flying embers.” He says. I thank them both for the gift, and begin my travelling once more. Over the hiss and crackle of lava flows, I could faintly hear the pair call out. “[i]You’re always welcome in the Emberglow Hollow![/i]” [center][img]https://piskel-imgstore-b.appspot.com/img/6977898c-693a-11eb-84b4-99fd001d3551.gif[/img][/center][/indent][/size][/font][color=#bea55d]–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––[/color]
Entry #31 – Emberglow Hollow

It was just another day in the Hollow. I was woken up by Frostfang’s snoring (as always), and decided to get some early breakfast. I never usually leave the hollow, but I just felt like today was going to be special.
Anyways, I climb the steps, and who do I see at the entrance, but a Pearlcatcher! We don’t get too many visitors here in the lone-corner of the Ashfall Wastes, so this one surprised me.

“Greetings!” I said.
“What brings you here?”

“Well, I’m looking for some place called the ‘Emberglow Hollow’. Do you know where I can find it?” The Pearlcatcher responds.
I quietly chuckle. “You’ve found the Hollow.”
I try my best to hold in laughter, as I see the dragon turn red.
“It’s ok. We don’t get many visitors. You must be Taff! We’ve been expecting you.”

After bringing him to the main cavern, my mate swoops down to greet the newcomer.
“Hello! You must be this ‘traveling dragon’ that we’ve heard about. My name is Frostfang, and this is my mate, Elen.” He gestures to me.
“Unlike most visitors, you get to stay in the Eternal Fire Chamber, which is where all the important dragons/guests stay.” He pauses, but only for a moment.
“-And don’t worry. You don’t actually go in the fire.”
————————————————————————————————————————————
That was a little excerpt written by one of the kind alphas who reside in Emberglow Hollow. Once they found about this journal, Elen was more than happy to help me fill it out. After I got to meet them, and the ‘Progens’ (whatever that means), I got to meet everyone. Eclypse, Confetti, and a few others took me out on one of their ‘food scrambles’. I...didn’t catch anything, but it was still fun to participate!
I don’t know why, but I feel oddly safe around Eclypse. She’s funny, and a great friend. I like her.

After that, I met an odd pair of Mirrors. I don’t know what’s so off about them, but at least I got to spend some time with their adorable daughter. Strange thing is, Wish seemed more intelligent than the average hatching. It’s probably just my imagination.

Every night in the Hollow was just spectacular! It was hardly dark, for giant, glowing embers, spewed from that magnificent flame, kept the lair lit and warm. It was as if the night sky was now underground, and I’d find myself staring at them long into the night.

During my stay, I also got to meet dragons who called themselves ‘OCs’ and ‘Fandragons’. I don’t fully understand what those words mean, but they’re an interesting bunch! I was having the best time, when I kept getting odd glances from this Mirror covered in bandages, and a bright-red Coatl with dark tatters. Call me crazy, but I had the strongest feeling that they didn’t want me there, so I politely left, and returned to the safety of the main cavern.

I wish I could stay longer, but unfortunately, my travels must continue. Almost if they could read my mind, the Alphas were waiting for me at the entrance.
“Before you go, we wanted to give you something.” Elen says with a smile. With a gleam in his eye, I see Frostfang pass me a pair of Gold Steampunk Goggles.
“To help you cross the Ashfall Wastes, with all of the ash and flying embers.” He says.

I thank them both for the gift, and begin my travelling once more. Over the hiss and crackle of lava flows, I could faintly hear the pair call out.

You’re always welcome in the Emberglow Hollow!

6977898c-693a-11eb-84b4-99fd001d3551.gif
23998.png
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifDrako
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifShe/Her
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif+4 FR
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifDragon Fan

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifPFP Dragon
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifSkins/Accents
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifHatchery
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifWishlist
7PxzYVb.png YzDUQXb.png vonVRKR.png