Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Crystalwood Stories Archive
1 2
Where I dump my stories to link to in bios
Where I dump my stories to link to in bios
...jHuI8BH.gif Dragons for SaleCrystalwood's Lore Shop [CLOSED]Wishlist
Crystalwood ~ they/them ~ Chaotic Good ~ FR+0
u9rdGeh.gif
Tidal Wave's Divine Appointment

A young Tidal Wave stumbled along the shores of The Sea of a Thousand Currents, of course, that was not her name at the time. She didn't actually have a name. The dragons in her home clan tried to name her, but she demanded that she be able to choose her own name in her own time, although, more than wanting to choose her own name, she didn't want to be burdened with a name relating to light. She never felt like a light clan, or any clan for that matter was right for her, and didn't want to eternally be tied to it. Her body filled with exhaustion and excitement as she walked further and further from the Sunbeam ruins. She had just left her home clan and her family, which is all she ever knew. Despite the fact that she was just barely a full-grown dragon, she thought she knew what she wanted: To spend her life adventuring and never stop to rest. She didn't want to find any sort of established clan like the one she came from, she wanted to keep moving, possibly with a few friends, but no more. She didn't want the restraint that came with an organized, huge clan. The young dragon got frustrated with tripping over rocks and wood and perspiring from the heat of the setting sun. She stopped for a moment to take a deep breath and look out at the horizon. She watched the sunlight hit the water in awe and sauntered toward the edge. She timidly stepped into the crisp, refreshing water and began to parade in. She glided through the water and pushed the tide with her long wings. She was having the time of her life, so much so, that she didn't notice the two dragons approaching. She spun in a circle, catching the water with her wing, and flung a wave on the shore, perfectly aimed at a dark green and blue male Fae and the Blue and black female Fae that matched her own colors who were watching her.
She stopped to look at them and decide if they were friendly or not and if they seemed angry, but before she could come to a conclusion, the Female laughed. "I guess that was the tidal wave we thought we saw."
Tidal Wave's Divine Appointment

A young Tidal Wave stumbled along the shores of The Sea of a Thousand Currents, of course, that was not her name at the time. She didn't actually have a name. The dragons in her home clan tried to name her, but she demanded that she be able to choose her own name in her own time, although, more than wanting to choose her own name, she didn't want to be burdened with a name relating to light. She never felt like a light clan, or any clan for that matter was right for her, and didn't want to eternally be tied to it. Her body filled with exhaustion and excitement as she walked further and further from the Sunbeam ruins. She had just left her home clan and her family, which is all she ever knew. Despite the fact that she was just barely a full-grown dragon, she thought she knew what she wanted: To spend her life adventuring and never stop to rest. She didn't want to find any sort of established clan like the one she came from, she wanted to keep moving, possibly with a few friends, but no more. She didn't want the restraint that came with an organized, huge clan. The young dragon got frustrated with tripping over rocks and wood and perspiring from the heat of the setting sun. She stopped for a moment to take a deep breath and look out at the horizon. She watched the sunlight hit the water in awe and sauntered toward the edge. She timidly stepped into the crisp, refreshing water and began to parade in. She glided through the water and pushed the tide with her long wings. She was having the time of her life, so much so, that she didn't notice the two dragons approaching. She spun in a circle, catching the water with her wing, and flung a wave on the shore, perfectly aimed at a dark green and blue male Fae and the Blue and black female Fae that matched her own colors who were watching her.
She stopped to look at them and decide if they were friendly or not and if they seemed angry, but before she could come to a conclusion, the Female laughed. "I guess that was the tidal wave we thought we saw."
u9rdGeh.gif
Kazumi's Calling

Kazumi wandered along the shore, purposefully placing each step. The overcast sky created a milky reflection in the water. He tasted the refreshing mist in the air as he meditated on the sounds around him. He glanced back to look at the dark, damp forest he called home. He thought he should return to his clan soon; he had to continue his healing and herbal lessons and training, and his mentors would be displeased if he spent too long away, but he turned and kept walking, wanting his time of peace and meditation to last a bit longer. He watched as the misty air rolled over the bouncing water and took in the rhythm of it. He listened as the ground crunched beneath his feet and thought about how deep that ground went and how much history must be trapped beneath the soil. As he once again thought about turning around, he heard sobs coming from ahead of him. The misty air made it hard to see, but as walked closer, he saw an Imperial female flopped on the ground, crying. He thought it best to leave her alone, but as he pivoted to leave, the sand crunched beneath his foot, causing her to jump up.
"Who's there?" She weakly demanded. Kazumi pivoted back and slowly came closer through the mist. The female softened her stance and seemed to determine that he was a friendly character. "Please help me," she squeaked.
Kazumi stood in thought for a few seconds. He supposed helping this poor dragon were mitigating circumstances for staying out long. And he couldn't just - leave her there. He walked closer to her, and she told him everything that has happened that lead up to her lying there, on the shore.

----

Kazumi ended up staying a bit longer than that one day. After Tidal Wave explained her predicament and that she had no idea how to run a clan, he felt compelled to help. He went back to his clan and told them that he was going to be gone for a while, carefully explaining the situation and insisting that he could resume his lessons when he returned.
Kazumi helped rebuild the clan after the dispersion and became Tidal Wave's closest friend and advisor. There was never a moment where Kazumi felt like he could leave; he wanted to continue growing and progressing the clan, and frankly, he didn't want to leave. So, he just... stayed. It was new and exciting to him to diverge from the plan for his life, and to this day, he loves that he never knows quite what will happen next.
Kazumi's Calling

Kazumi wandered along the shore, purposefully placing each step. The overcast sky created a milky reflection in the water. He tasted the refreshing mist in the air as he meditated on the sounds around him. He glanced back to look at the dark, damp forest he called home. He thought he should return to his clan soon; he had to continue his healing and herbal lessons and training, and his mentors would be displeased if he spent too long away, but he turned and kept walking, wanting his time of peace and meditation to last a bit longer. He watched as the misty air rolled over the bouncing water and took in the rhythm of it. He listened as the ground crunched beneath his feet and thought about how deep that ground went and how much history must be trapped beneath the soil. As he once again thought about turning around, he heard sobs coming from ahead of him. The misty air made it hard to see, but as walked closer, he saw an Imperial female flopped on the ground, crying. He thought it best to leave her alone, but as he pivoted to leave, the sand crunched beneath his foot, causing her to jump up.
"Who's there?" She weakly demanded. Kazumi pivoted back and slowly came closer through the mist. The female softened her stance and seemed to determine that he was a friendly character. "Please help me," she squeaked.
Kazumi stood in thought for a few seconds. He supposed helping this poor dragon were mitigating circumstances for staying out long. And he couldn't just - leave her there. He walked closer to her, and she told him everything that has happened that lead up to her lying there, on the shore.

----

Kazumi ended up staying a bit longer than that one day. After Tidal Wave explained her predicament and that she had no idea how to run a clan, he felt compelled to help. He went back to his clan and told them that he was going to be gone for a while, carefully explaining the situation and insisting that he could resume his lessons when he returned.
Kazumi helped rebuild the clan after the dispersion and became Tidal Wave's closest friend and advisor. There was never a moment where Kazumi felt like he could leave; he wanted to continue growing and progressing the clan, and frankly, he didn't want to leave. So, he just... stayed. It was new and exciting to him to diverge from the plan for his life, and to this day, he loves that he never knows quite what will happen next.
u9rdGeh.gif
Maluhia's Escape

Maluhia emerged from the icy waters, her eyes blurred and her thin wing torn. She shook from the pain and the cold, whimpering with every movement. She turned back to look at the icefield. She had looked back on her home when she ventured out before, but she had never done so knowing she could never go back.

She whipped her head around and started walking further inland, feeling the blood dripping from her wing. The breeze sang a sorrowful song as she walked. She looked down to watch her steps for fear of falling and hurting herself further. The further she went, the more the song faded. Maluhia found herself stepping on small pinkcrystals. Suddenly, the ground seemed to move, and she looked up to find that towers of crystal were spinning around her.

The next thing Maluhia remembers is waking up after it had gotten dark, surrounded by mounds of crystal reflecting the light from Starwood trees. There were bandages on her wing and a coat over her back. She stood to get a better look at where she was, and she overlooked a sleeping clan, most of whom shared the linear and circular pattern that lined Maluhia's body. Maluhia thought for a moment, then began to try to sneak away. She didn't want what happened to her sisters to happen to her.

Just as she left her resting spot, a blue and black Imperial female strolled out from behind the trees. "You're not well enough to travel again," she urged. Maluhia froze in fear. After a moment, the Imperial said, "I'm sorry, you have no idea who I am. I'm Tidal Wave, and my clan and I have been taking care of you for the last couple days."

Maluhia tried to give an intimidating glare that was, in fact, not effective. "I don't want your help. I'm not interested in being healed just to be your sacrifice.

Tidal Wave gave a stunned look and stepped toward her. "We are just trying to-" Maluhia tried to scamper away from her, but had no strength or balance.

Tidal Wave continued "We're not going to-"

"Stay away from me!" Maluhia interjected as she felt the Imperial was getting a little too close.

Tidal Wave sighed and backed away. "Just- rest here until you're doing better, okay? Once you are healed, you can leave if you'd like."

Maluhia watched her leave and after a few minutes decided to lay her head down, still keeping her eyes on the entrance, ready to fight her way out.
Maluhia's Escape

Maluhia emerged from the icy waters, her eyes blurred and her thin wing torn. She shook from the pain and the cold, whimpering with every movement. She turned back to look at the icefield. She had looked back on her home when she ventured out before, but she had never done so knowing she could never go back.

She whipped her head around and started walking further inland, feeling the blood dripping from her wing. The breeze sang a sorrowful song as she walked. She looked down to watch her steps for fear of falling and hurting herself further. The further she went, the more the song faded. Maluhia found herself stepping on small pinkcrystals. Suddenly, the ground seemed to move, and she looked up to find that towers of crystal were spinning around her.

The next thing Maluhia remembers is waking up after it had gotten dark, surrounded by mounds of crystal reflecting the light from Starwood trees. There were bandages on her wing and a coat over her back. She stood to get a better look at where she was, and she overlooked a sleeping clan, most of whom shared the linear and circular pattern that lined Maluhia's body. Maluhia thought for a moment, then began to try to sneak away. She didn't want what happened to her sisters to happen to her.

Just as she left her resting spot, a blue and black Imperial female strolled out from behind the trees. "You're not well enough to travel again," she urged. Maluhia froze in fear. After a moment, the Imperial said, "I'm sorry, you have no idea who I am. I'm Tidal Wave, and my clan and I have been taking care of you for the last couple days."

Maluhia tried to give an intimidating glare that was, in fact, not effective. "I don't want your help. I'm not interested in being healed just to be your sacrifice.

Tidal Wave gave a stunned look and stepped toward her. "We are just trying to-" Maluhia tried to scamper away from her, but had no strength or balance.

Tidal Wave continued "We're not going to-"

"Stay away from me!" Maluhia interjected as she felt the Imperial was getting a little too close.

Tidal Wave sighed and backed away. "Just- rest here until you're doing better, okay? Once you are healed, you can leave if you'd like."

Maluhia watched her leave and after a few minutes decided to lay her head down, still keeping her eyes on the entrance, ready to fight her way out.
u9rdGeh.gif
Fighting for his life

Starseer reached the shore of Starfall Isles and wasted no time breaking into a run. He sprinted through trees and mounds of crystal until the weight of his thick, wet coat made him drop. He sobbed underneath the pink reaches and stared at the black sky. He looked longingly at the markings on his stolen Ice skin. "How could I be so stupid?" He criticized. "As if any ice clan would have accepted me. I'm so stupid. Stupid. Stupid..." He went on and on and got louder, yelling into the Starwood. He yelled and yelled until his voice went quiet and he went back into a sob. He flopped over and faced the ocean, listening to it's currently unhelpful but nonetheless, calming sound.
After several minutes of silent sobs, he heard footsteps and rustling break through the trees. He jumped up and glared at a Guardian female with icy eyes. "Don't come any closer or I'll throw myself in the water and give myself to the Tidelord!" He threatened.
He began to back up toward the water. "Woah, woah, woah-" The guardian interjected. "We're not here to hurt you. We heard cries coming from this way. Was that you?" Just then, an Imperial with yellow eyes emerged from the trees. Starseer sighed and took his feet from the edge of the water.
~~~
Starseer doesn't know where he'd be if Maluhia and Tidal Wave hadn't found him thay day and he has been thankful ever since. He became close to the Guardian, Maluhia, after learning that she, too, had fled the Icefield. Starseer quickly became a mighty warrior under the teaching of the clan leader, Tidal Wave. Despite his near exaltation by an ice clan, Starseer continued to worship the Icewarden, partially out of respect and faith and partially out of resentment for his fire birthclan. Starseer watched dragons come and go from this clan, and as they did, he rose through the ranks. He worked and trained endlessly until Tidal Wave entrusted him with the title of Head Warrior. There is always a lot of work to do, but he happily does it. He feels forever indebted and dedicated to his clan.
Fighting for his life

Starseer reached the shore of Starfall Isles and wasted no time breaking into a run. He sprinted through trees and mounds of crystal until the weight of his thick, wet coat made him drop. He sobbed underneath the pink reaches and stared at the black sky. He looked longingly at the markings on his stolen Ice skin. "How could I be so stupid?" He criticized. "As if any ice clan would have accepted me. I'm so stupid. Stupid. Stupid..." He went on and on and got louder, yelling into the Starwood. He yelled and yelled until his voice went quiet and he went back into a sob. He flopped over and faced the ocean, listening to it's currently unhelpful but nonetheless, calming sound.
After several minutes of silent sobs, he heard footsteps and rustling break through the trees. He jumped up and glared at a Guardian female with icy eyes. "Don't come any closer or I'll throw myself in the water and give myself to the Tidelord!" He threatened.
He began to back up toward the water. "Woah, woah, woah-" The guardian interjected. "We're not here to hurt you. We heard cries coming from this way. Was that you?" Just then, an Imperial with yellow eyes emerged from the trees. Starseer sighed and took his feet from the edge of the water.
~~~
Starseer doesn't know where he'd be if Maluhia and Tidal Wave hadn't found him thay day and he has been thankful ever since. He became close to the Guardian, Maluhia, after learning that she, too, had fled the Icefield. Starseer quickly became a mighty warrior under the teaching of the clan leader, Tidal Wave. Despite his near exaltation by an ice clan, Starseer continued to worship the Icewarden, partially out of respect and faith and partially out of resentment for his fire birthclan. Starseer watched dragons come and go from this clan, and as they did, he rose through the ranks. He worked and trained endlessly until Tidal Wave entrusted him with the title of Head Warrior. There is always a lot of work to do, but he happily does it. He feels forever indebted and dedicated to his clan.
u9rdGeh.gif
Kandor's Skewed Childhood

Kandor has asked me to rewrite his records since his mother skewed them. I will not dispose of what she wrote, but I will also write the truth from Kandor's retelling as well.
-M.

Lanakila's Written History
A young imperial laid on the ground in a spot that all of the other hatchlings had already moved on from. Despite the heat of the afternoon sun baking him, he didn't move. I walked over to the hatchling and tried to comfort him. "What's wrong, my son?" I asked him.
"They were lying!" He cried.
I couldn't help but chuckle a bit. "Everyone lies sometimes, and it's not always bad. Don't you lie sometimes?" I asked him.
"No, I can't," he softly replied.
"Such Kandor," I replied sarcastically. I looked up at the sky and thought for a moment and looked back down at him, "How do you know they were lying?"
"Because I saw the truth."

None of us knew at the time that my son had an incredible power. His ability to see the truth whenever someone lies has served our clan well. He uses his power in a way that is honerable and loyal to our clan and family. He doesn't let the pain or the isolaion that comes from this power stop him from living a respectable life.
Lk

The True History
"I'm going to go to the observatory-"
"No!" The young, yet to be named, Kandor interjected his mother, Lanakila's words. His head was pounding and images of his mother in the Starwood that night flashed before his eyes. He had these visions several time a day, each one showing something counter to whatever was just said. His mother and Starseer, who she had been talking to, whipped their heads toward him. He was leaning over crying.
"I think I'd better take care of this," she said to Starseer. "I'll talk to you later." Starseer nodded and walked back toward the common area for the clan.
Lanakila walked over to her son. "What has gotten into you? You know better than to interrupt-"
"Why did you lie to Starseer?" Kandor sobbed.
"I didn't!" Lanakila defended. A new piercing pain shot through Kandor's brain. He cried out in pain.
"Stop being dramatic. Let's go, I'm going to take you to Ember." She demanded.
"I'll go myself." Kandor sniffled.
Lanakila rolled her eyes and stomped out without saying another word.
Kandor's Skewed Childhood

Kandor has asked me to rewrite his records since his mother skewed them. I will not dispose of what she wrote, but I will also write the truth from Kandor's retelling as well.
-M.

Lanakila's Written History
A young imperial laid on the ground in a spot that all of the other hatchlings had already moved on from. Despite the heat of the afternoon sun baking him, he didn't move. I walked over to the hatchling and tried to comfort him. "What's wrong, my son?" I asked him.
"They were lying!" He cried.
I couldn't help but chuckle a bit. "Everyone lies sometimes, and it's not always bad. Don't you lie sometimes?" I asked him.
"No, I can't," he softly replied.
"Such Kandor," I replied sarcastically. I looked up at the sky and thought for a moment and looked back down at him, "How do you know they were lying?"
"Because I saw the truth."

None of us knew at the time that my son had an incredible power. His ability to see the truth whenever someone lies has served our clan well. He uses his power in a way that is honerable and loyal to our clan and family. He doesn't let the pain or the isolaion that comes from this power stop him from living a respectable life.
Lk

The True History
"I'm going to go to the observatory-"
"No!" The young, yet to be named, Kandor interjected his mother, Lanakila's words. His head was pounding and images of his mother in the Starwood that night flashed before his eyes. He had these visions several time a day, each one showing something counter to whatever was just said. His mother and Starseer, who she had been talking to, whipped their heads toward him. He was leaning over crying.
"I think I'd better take care of this," she said to Starseer. "I'll talk to you later." Starseer nodded and walked back toward the common area for the clan.
Lanakila walked over to her son. "What has gotten into you? You know better than to interrupt-"
"Why did you lie to Starseer?" Kandor sobbed.
"I didn't!" Lanakila defended. A new piercing pain shot through Kandor's brain. He cried out in pain.
"Stop being dramatic. Let's go, I'm going to take you to Ember." She demanded.
"I'll go myself." Kandor sniffled.
Lanakila rolled her eyes and stomped out without saying another word.
u9rdGeh.gif
Latashia's Trauma
"I'll race you to the grove!" Latashia's sister, Pendergrass, yelled out to her.
Latashia giggled as the two began to run and descend into the Tangled Wood. Their little feet pattered down and through the wood, and Latashia struggled to keep up with her sister. Suddenly, she tripped over a root and went head-first into a tumble, passing her sister and landing in the grove much before Pendergrass. The glowing fungi spun around Latashia and her head was pounding, but she grinned, knowing she won.
"Shia! Are you okay?" Pendergress called, frantically running to her sister.
Latashia laughed and called back, "I beat you!"
Pendergrass slowed down and gave a breathy laugh. She waltzed over to her sister and they kept laughing together. "Hey, do you want to play hide and seek?" Pendergrass asked/
"Sure - I'm still kinda dizzy though. You can go find a hiding spot and I'll come find you when I'm not dizzy any more." Pendergrass agreed and ran toward the driftwood drag. Latashia laid back and watched the black sky, waiting for it to stay perfectly still. After a few minutes, she thought she might be okay to go find Pendergrass, but as she was considering getting up, she heard a shriek that was undoubtably her sister's.
Latashia jumped up much too quickly and tried to run through the field that was spinning around her. "Pen?" She called. "Pen! Where are you?" She tried to run in the same direction that she had seen her sister run, but she couldn't see where she was going with the world spinning around her. She ran and called for her sister for several minutes before she fell to the ground in a place she had never seen before. She panted and felt light headed. She saw some shadowy figures pacing toward her and she began to whimper but did no more.
Thankfully for her, I had just returned home for a visit, and I was flying overhead just at this moment. I swooped down and stood between her and the fodder collectors and they backed away. I turned to her and observed the bump on her head. I began to pick her up to take her to our clan and she weakly asked, "Do you have my sister?" I looked down to answer, but she had passed out.
Latashia's Trauma
"I'll race you to the grove!" Latashia's sister, Pendergrass, yelled out to her.
Latashia giggled as the two began to run and descend into the Tangled Wood. Their little feet pattered down and through the wood, and Latashia struggled to keep up with her sister. Suddenly, she tripped over a root and went head-first into a tumble, passing her sister and landing in the grove much before Pendergrass. The glowing fungi spun around Latashia and her head was pounding, but she grinned, knowing she won.
"Shia! Are you okay?" Pendergress called, frantically running to her sister.
Latashia laughed and called back, "I beat you!"
Pendergrass slowed down and gave a breathy laugh. She waltzed over to her sister and they kept laughing together. "Hey, do you want to play hide and seek?" Pendergrass asked/
"Sure - I'm still kinda dizzy though. You can go find a hiding spot and I'll come find you when I'm not dizzy any more." Pendergrass agreed and ran toward the driftwood drag. Latashia laid back and watched the black sky, waiting for it to stay perfectly still. After a few minutes, she thought she might be okay to go find Pendergrass, but as she was considering getting up, she heard a shriek that was undoubtably her sister's.
Latashia jumped up much too quickly and tried to run through the field that was spinning around her. "Pen?" She called. "Pen! Where are you?" She tried to run in the same direction that she had seen her sister run, but she couldn't see where she was going with the world spinning around her. She ran and called for her sister for several minutes before she fell to the ground in a place she had never seen before. She panted and felt light headed. She saw some shadowy figures pacing toward her and she began to whimper but did no more.
Thankfully for her, I had just returned home for a visit, and I was flying overhead just at this moment. I swooped down and stood between her and the fodder collectors and they backed away. I turned to her and observed the bump on her head. I began to pick her up to take her to our clan and she weakly asked, "Do you have my sister?" I looked down to answer, but she had passed out.
u9rdGeh.gif
The Earthquake
On the western edge of the Starwood Strand, a clan of happiness and power went about their daily routine. Tidal Wave presided over them, Ember cared for the hatchlings, Loco wrote stories of great excitement. But on one bright day, as the sunlight bounced off of the crystalspine and the Starwood trees, disaster struck.
A low rumble came from the North and the ground beneath crystalwood began to shake. Dragons raced from their structures and burrows into the clearing as trees fell and the earth cracked around them. Their feet started to slip as it seemed the very ground started to fall.
"To the river!" Starseer, the Warrior exclaimed. Those who could fly brought themselves above the ground and tried to help those who couldn't. The clan made it to the deep river that was the lifesource of their clan. They began to go downstream, by wing or water. Faes rested on the backs of larger dragons as they could not keep up. They made it out to the sea and rested on some crystal rocks just offshore. Tidal Wave and Ember counted to ensure that everyone was there while Maluhia and Starseer flew back after the earthquake stopped to see what had become of their home. They returned with devastating news.
"It seems the burrows and caves below our lands have collapsed." Starseer explained. "It seems that it is no place to live now, we are without our home."
Panicked whispers and gasps filled the crowd. "But we can find somewhere new!" Maluhia interjected, shooting Starseer a glare. "This has hurt us but we are stronger than this!"
Maluhia spoke of more inspiration, and the clan showed expressions of doubtful hope. Tidal Wave took the stand.

Many of the members of Crystalwood have decided to go on their own path since this tragedy. Some want to look for family, some have never left crystalwood and want to see the world. Some fear the Earthshaker is angry with the clan and want to get far from his wrath. No matter the reason, these dragons need a new home
The Earthquake
On the western edge of the Starwood Strand, a clan of happiness and power went about their daily routine. Tidal Wave presided over them, Ember cared for the hatchlings, Loco wrote stories of great excitement. But on one bright day, as the sunlight bounced off of the crystalspine and the Starwood trees, disaster struck.
A low rumble came from the North and the ground beneath crystalwood began to shake. Dragons raced from their structures and burrows into the clearing as trees fell and the earth cracked around them. Their feet started to slip as it seemed the very ground started to fall.
"To the river!" Starseer, the Warrior exclaimed. Those who could fly brought themselves above the ground and tried to help those who couldn't. The clan made it to the deep river that was the lifesource of their clan. They began to go downstream, by wing or water. Faes rested on the backs of larger dragons as they could not keep up. They made it out to the sea and rested on some crystal rocks just offshore. Tidal Wave and Ember counted to ensure that everyone was there while Maluhia and Starseer flew back after the earthquake stopped to see what had become of their home. They returned with devastating news.
"It seems the burrows and caves below our lands have collapsed." Starseer explained. "It seems that it is no place to live now, we are without our home."
Panicked whispers and gasps filled the crowd. "But we can find somewhere new!" Maluhia interjected, shooting Starseer a glare. "This has hurt us but we are stronger than this!"
Maluhia spoke of more inspiration, and the clan showed expressions of doubtful hope. Tidal Wave took the stand.

Many of the members of Crystalwood have decided to go on their own path since this tragedy. Some want to look for family, some have never left crystalwood and want to see the world. Some fear the Earthshaker is angry with the clan and want to get far from his wrath. No matter the reason, these dragons need a new home
u9rdGeh.gif
The Building of a Clan
Rainshadow and James frolicked along the edge of the sea, as they did every day. They swam, they laughed, they wrestled - it was all routine, and they enjoyed every moment of it. On this particular day, James had been acting weird. He seemed distracted and dazed.
As the two sat on the shore, drying off from swimming, James stared off into the fog and didn't even seem to acknowledge that Rainshadow was speaking.
"James!" Rainshadow snapped.
"What?" James broke his gaze and whipped his head around to look at Rainshadow.
Rainshadow evaluated his eyes. "What is going on with you today?" She inched closer.
James looked at the ground for a little while. "It's just- aren't we supposed to have a clan by now?" He looked deeply into her eyes.
Rainshadow looked at him with confusion. "Why would we want one of those?"
James sighed and started to walk away. The weight of the water clinging to his body caused his walking to be a slow saunter. Rainshadow got up to follow him and try to talk him out of the idea of a clan, but after long conversation, the tables were turned.
--
"-don't you think we deserve that?" James closed his argument.
Rainshadow stopped in her tracks. "I guess your right..."
They walked in silence, a rare event for those two when they heard irregular splashing up ahead. They looked up to see walls of water, seemingly coming from nothing, splashing onto the shore from up ahead. "Is that a small tsunami or a big tidal wave?" Rainshadow joked.
James turned his head. "Definately a big tidal wave. A tsunami has to come from the center of the water." Rainshadow rolled her eyes at the logical answer to her joke and quickened her pace to investigate. James paced behind her until they came in like with a blue and black Iperial splashing around in the water.
The Imperial suddenly stopped when she caught a glimpse of them, and took a guarded stance. Rainshadow turned back to James and said loudly enough for her to hear, "I guess that was the tidal wave we thought we saw."
The Building of a Clan
Rainshadow and James frolicked along the edge of the sea, as they did every day. They swam, they laughed, they wrestled - it was all routine, and they enjoyed every moment of it. On this particular day, James had been acting weird. He seemed distracted and dazed.
As the two sat on the shore, drying off from swimming, James stared off into the fog and didn't even seem to acknowledge that Rainshadow was speaking.
"James!" Rainshadow snapped.
"What?" James broke his gaze and whipped his head around to look at Rainshadow.
Rainshadow evaluated his eyes. "What is going on with you today?" She inched closer.
James looked at the ground for a little while. "It's just- aren't we supposed to have a clan by now?" He looked deeply into her eyes.
Rainshadow looked at him with confusion. "Why would we want one of those?"
James sighed and started to walk away. The weight of the water clinging to his body caused his walking to be a slow saunter. Rainshadow got up to follow him and try to talk him out of the idea of a clan, but after long conversation, the tables were turned.
--
"-don't you think we deserve that?" James closed his argument.
Rainshadow stopped in her tracks. "I guess your right..."
They walked in silence, a rare event for those two when they heard irregular splashing up ahead. They looked up to see walls of water, seemingly coming from nothing, splashing onto the shore from up ahead. "Is that a small tsunami or a big tidal wave?" Rainshadow joked.
James turned his head. "Definately a big tidal wave. A tsunami has to come from the center of the water." Rainshadow rolled her eyes at the logical answer to her joke and quickened her pace to investigate. James paced behind her until they came in like with a blue and black Iperial splashing around in the water.
The Imperial suddenly stopped when she caught a glimpse of them, and took a guarded stance. Rainshadow turned back to James and said loudly enough for her to hear, "I guess that was the tidal wave we thought we saw."
u9rdGeh.gif
Lanakila's Betrayl
Today is my first day as Head Scribe, a role I have been preparing for my whole life, but after what just happened, I am not at all ready.
But here I am, fulfilling my duty of writing our history.
And this event most certainly made history.

The clan awoke to screaming and stomping from deep in the Starwood Strand. It was barely dawn, but we were all wide awake with fear. We felt something coming towards us, but couldn't place what it was, so we readied our weapons and waited in silence for what was to come.
There were whispers of Lanakila and the guards who had been sent out to look for her. Many of us feared one or more of them would come back as a corpse, but unfortunately, that was not it. What truly happened shook every one of us to our core.
We heard rustling in the trees and we prepared to fight but when our own clan members broke through, all alive and well, we lowered our weapons and sighed in relief, although, we were confused why the guards were pointing their weapons at Pyre, a fellow guard, and Lanakila, our Head Scribe and one of the elders.Tidal Wave came foward, her eyes demanding an explanation, and Starfall, a respected guard, answered.
"We found these two, along with some others, exalting some hatchlings to the Shadowbinder."
Tidal Wave froze she stared into the eyes of Lanakila, the eyes of one of her closest friends, the only eyes that served the Shadowbinder, with disbelief and disgust. "Tell me this is a misunderstanding." Lanakila didn't speak. Tidal Wave looked as if she might charge at her old friend, but instead, she looked back to Starfall. "Who else?"
"StelianSteel was there too, but he escaped our reach."
None of us could believe what we were hearing. Our Head Guard was a part of this too?
Tidal Wave radiated with rage, but somehow stayed collected. She turned to Lanakila and Pyre. "How many have you murdered?" Her eyes began to swell with tears.
Lanakila kept her head high and refused to respond. Pyre interjected, "It's not murder, it's an honor."
Tidal Wave tensed every muscle in her body. "I will give you this warning once, and only once. Leave now, because if any of us ever see you in Starfall again, we will kill you." She left these words in the air and stormed away.
Everyone looked around uncomfortably, none of the rest of us planned on killing them, but we would all say that we stood by Tidal Wave's words.
Lanakila looked out over the sea of angry faces. "Kazumi, my love, are you coming?" Kazumi bowed his head and back away, following Tidal Wave. She turned to her son and daughters. "My children, tell me you are coming." Blink and Jewel crawled over to join her, but Kauri and Kandor glared at her. She sighed and began to turn, then turned back to call, "Anyone who wants freedom can come with."
A few other dragons followed, hanging their heads from embarrassment. We all stood strong as we watched them leave, ensuring that they had actually gone. After a while, everyone started to move to go about their day, but no one could be productive. All we could think about is how those three minutes changed our clan forever.
Lanakila's Betrayl
Today is my first day as Head Scribe, a role I have been preparing for my whole life, but after what just happened, I am not at all ready.
But here I am, fulfilling my duty of writing our history.
And this event most certainly made history.

The clan awoke to screaming and stomping from deep in the Starwood Strand. It was barely dawn, but we were all wide awake with fear. We felt something coming towards us, but couldn't place what it was, so we readied our weapons and waited in silence for what was to come.
There were whispers of Lanakila and the guards who had been sent out to look for her. Many of us feared one or more of them would come back as a corpse, but unfortunately, that was not it. What truly happened shook every one of us to our core.
We heard rustling in the trees and we prepared to fight but when our own clan members broke through, all alive and well, we lowered our weapons and sighed in relief, although, we were confused why the guards were pointing their weapons at Pyre, a fellow guard, and Lanakila, our Head Scribe and one of the elders.Tidal Wave came foward, her eyes demanding an explanation, and Starfall, a respected guard, answered.
"We found these two, along with some others, exalting some hatchlings to the Shadowbinder."
Tidal Wave froze she stared into the eyes of Lanakila, the eyes of one of her closest friends, the only eyes that served the Shadowbinder, with disbelief and disgust. "Tell me this is a misunderstanding." Lanakila didn't speak. Tidal Wave looked as if she might charge at her old friend, but instead, she looked back to Starfall. "Who else?"
"StelianSteel was there too, but he escaped our reach."
None of us could believe what we were hearing. Our Head Guard was a part of this too?
Tidal Wave radiated with rage, but somehow stayed collected. She turned to Lanakila and Pyre. "How many have you murdered?" Her eyes began to swell with tears.
Lanakila kept her head high and refused to respond. Pyre interjected, "It's not murder, it's an honor."
Tidal Wave tensed every muscle in her body. "I will give you this warning once, and only once. Leave now, because if any of us ever see you in Starfall again, we will kill you." She left these words in the air and stormed away.
Everyone looked around uncomfortably, none of the rest of us planned on killing them, but we would all say that we stood by Tidal Wave's words.
Lanakila looked out over the sea of angry faces. "Kazumi, my love, are you coming?" Kazumi bowed his head and back away, following Tidal Wave. She turned to her son and daughters. "My children, tell me you are coming." Blink and Jewel crawled over to join her, but Kauri and Kandor glared at her. She sighed and began to turn, then turned back to call, "Anyone who wants freedom can come with."
A few other dragons followed, hanging their heads from embarrassment. We all stood strong as we watched them leave, ensuring that they had actually gone. After a while, everyone started to move to go about their day, but no one could be productive. All we could think about is how those three minutes changed our clan forever.
u9rdGeh.gif
1 2