Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Autism Acceptance month prompts!
1 2
@synnthegoat Added you to the pinglist~

@ArchSerpent @XxNoodleNovaxX Glad to have you join in!

@CaTYstrophe Oh my goodness, I love everything about it!
The story and the drawing are both really nicely done~ Wraith seems so sweet and his story makes me happy. The curious Fae in the background is adorable, too!
@synnthegoat Added you to the pinglist~

@ArchSerpent @XxNoodleNovaxX Glad to have you join in!

@CaTYstrophe Oh my goodness, I love everything about it!
The story and the drawing are both really nicely done~ Wraith seems so sweet and his story makes me happy. The curious Fae in the background is adorable, too!
ZIuG4kr.png 1523821381-siggy.png
@FallingSlowly Thank you so much! I was nervous about posting but I'm glad you like it!
@FallingSlowly Thank you so much! I was nervous about posting but I'm glad you like it!
0uT7t8l.png
@CaTYstrophe Oh my gosh, I LOVE the writing and story you posted. So sweet! [emoji=coatl love] @FallingSlowly This is nice of you to bring to light! I always miss out on these monthly themes / support boards, so I'm glad I caught it early. [emoji=familiar heart] ----- [IMG]https://oi1128.photobucket.com/albums/m500/razrroth/whirly_hangin.png[/IMG] I decided to draw one of my forever hatchlings, Whirlybird. She's a little silly, but I can definitely imagine her dealing with this stuff. I haven't written her story down in her bio, but she was found alone in the Viridian Labyrinth by one of my flower-collecting dragons. Whirly was always a bit different, and I hadn't considered autism as a possibility, but I think it suits her well. I saw this hanging sensory seat in a show once*, and thought if anyone needed a good compression snug once in awhile, it would be this soft little gal. I imagine Gentletouch, the clan's hatchling caretaker, noticed her quirks and had the fae of the clan help him set this up for her in a little space so she can collect herself and calm down sometimes. ~ [i]*It was Extreme Makeover Home Edition.[/i] In it, they talked about the process of going out of the way to send a booklet of all the new textures/materials in the room to the kid to get used to it before he came home. When he did get to see his room, he was all over this little seat and it made me happy to see that something so simple could really change a kids' life. Should also be noted, I don't know a ton of details about autism specifically (I saw it presented as more of an infinity symbol once, because the "range" varies for everyone), but my mother worked for [i]years [/i]in homes where they cared for mentally handicapped people of all varieties / backgrounds, so I grew up very accepting of people from a pretty young age. I'm always happy to hear success stories and details. c:
@CaTYstrophe Oh my gosh, I LOVE the writing and story you posted. So sweet!

@FallingSlowly This is nice of you to bring to light! I always miss out on these monthly themes / support boards, so I'm glad I caught it early.
whirly_hangin.png

I decided to draw one of my forever hatchlings, Whirlybird. She's a little silly, but I can definitely imagine her dealing with this stuff. I haven't written her story down in her bio, but she was found alone in the Viridian Labyrinth by one of my flower-collecting dragons. Whirly was always a bit different, and I hadn't considered autism as a possibility, but I think it suits her well.

I saw this hanging sensory seat in a show once*, and thought if anyone needed a good compression snug once in awhile, it would be this soft little gal. I imagine Gentletouch, the clan's hatchling caretaker, noticed her quirks and had the fae of the clan help him set this up for her in a little space so she can collect herself and calm down sometimes.
~
*It was Extreme Makeover Home Edition. In it, they talked about the process of going out of the way to send a booklet of all the new textures/materials in the room to the kid to get used to it before he came home. When he did get to see his room, he was all over this little seat and it made me happy to see that something so simple could really change a kids' life.

Should also be noted, I don't know a ton of details about autism specifically (I saw it presented as more of an infinity symbol once, because the "range" varies for everyone), but my mother worked for years in homes where they cared for mentally handicapped people of all varieties / backgrounds, so I grew up very accepting of people from a pretty young age. I'm always happy to hear success stories and details. c:
1aEvf03.png
@razrroth Oh my goodness, that drawing is adorable~! I love that she has a little seat like that!

If you're interested, we also have some other events up/planned?

There the spectrum dragon showoff - http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2659855/1

and there'll be a more info. based thread soon, too, if you'd like pinged for it?
@razrroth Oh my goodness, that drawing is adorable~! I love that she has a little seat like that!

If you're interested, we also have some other events up/planned?

There the spectrum dragon showoff - http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2659855/1

and there'll be a more info. based thread soon, too, if you'd like pinged for it?
@fallingslowly
Sure! I'd love to see more. c:
@fallingslowly
Sure! I'd love to see more. c:
1aEvf03.png
@Adjidaumo @synnthegoat @CaTYstrophe

New prompts have been added to the list!
@Adjidaumo @synnthegoat @CaTYstrophe

@Violeteevee @Duveteux @FlaugaRisa @ArchSerpent @Adjidaumo @synnthegoat @CaTYstrophe

@Violeteevee @Duveteux @FlaugaRisa @ArchSerpent @Adjidaumo @synnthegoat @CaTYstrophe

Bump for this lovely idea <3
Bump for this lovely idea <3
giveawayglenminibanner.png
It's not hard to be nice-
help pick up what they dropped, hold the door, say hello;
but it could make someone elses day, just that little bit better
Something that seems small and insignificant to you, can mean the world to someone else

Live not for yesterday, nor for tomorrow
Live for today
17JYCdP.gif
What a wholesome thread.
What a wholesome thread.
While you're playing Flight Rising, please remember to take care of yourself. You're loved, cherished, and are a human being with dignity and personhood. Also remember that there are many people in need of your love, your talents, your kind words, and your actions. You needn't advertise, but instead, advocate. Do your best to maintain healthy boundaries and to help those who need your help. In the end, love heals all wounds.
@Crisps @Caireann Thank you~
@Crisps @Caireann Thank you~
1 2