Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [CLAN LORE] Fellowship of Excalibur
1 2
blah
blah
96Hu3ST.png Please no travelling dergs.
uh oh outdated lore
uh oh outdated lore
ab
ab
:A
:A
[center][font=papyrus][b][size=3]Traditions & Rituals[/size][size=5] The Rite of Triumph and Torment[/size][/b][/font][/center] [center][img]http://67.media.tumblr.com/6d37f808f9e32d45e75e9c1be04d1a46/tumblr_inline_nvcxkfpBls1r7qfkn_75sq.png[/img][/center] As the year draws to an end, the Iron Legion traditionally performs a ritual called "The Rite of Triumph and Torment", or more simply known as "The Rite". It is meant to act as an initiation for new members, be they pilgrims from other flights or hatchlings just passing their first year. Only by passing the Rite and swearing the Oath, can a dragon be accepted as a member of the Legion. The ceremony usually lasts around a week, with initiates conducting daily sacrifices and offerings upon an altar to the Plaguebringer, renouncing any previous loyalties they may have had. The Rite is brutal, and the initiates would fast for days, hunting for the rest of the clan but not eating themselves, in order to prove their selfless dedication to the clan as well as their own resilience. Furthermore, The initiates are encouraged to fight amongst themselves to establish their position in the clan. The Rite is a way to prove that they have the temperament and ability to endure the conditions of war. To enforce this, duals are conducted before the Plaguebringer altar, and it's not uncommon for the weaker hatchlings or hopeful travellers to die on the altar of the goddess. Those who survive the week would present a final offering, be it an expensive carved trinket, the skull of a giant boar, or otherwise something of great significance to earn their rightful place in the Clan. [i]O great Plaguebringer, Hallowed be thy name, Thy triumph will come, Thy will be done. Give us this day our daily blood, And forgive us our mercy, As we forgive those who show mercy, And deliver us from torment. For yours is the power and the glory.[/i] At the conclusion of the Rite and the Oath, the year will be reaching its end. The Legion will have welcomed its new batch of members, and ready to greet the new year as a cohesive group.
Traditions & Rituals
The Rite of Triumph and Torment
tumblr_inline_nvcxkfpBls1r7qfkn_75sq.png

As the year draws to an end, the Iron Legion traditionally performs a ritual called "The Rite of Triumph and Torment", or more simply known as "The Rite". It is meant to act as an initiation for new members, be they pilgrims from other flights or hatchlings just passing their first year. Only by passing the Rite and swearing the Oath, can a dragon be accepted as a member of the Legion.

The ceremony usually lasts around a week, with initiates conducting daily sacrifices and offerings upon an altar to the Plaguebringer, renouncing any previous loyalties they may have had.

The Rite is brutal, and the initiates would fast for days, hunting for the rest of the clan but not eating themselves, in order to prove their selfless dedication to the clan as well as their own resilience. Furthermore, The initiates are encouraged to fight amongst themselves to establish their position in the clan. The Rite is a way to prove that they have the temperament and ability to endure the conditions of war.

To enforce this, duals are conducted before the Plaguebringer altar, and it's not uncommon for the weaker hatchlings or hopeful travellers to die on the altar of the goddess.

Those who survive the week would present a final offering, be it an expensive carved trinket, the skull of a giant boar, or otherwise something of great significance to earn their rightful place in the Clan.

O great Plaguebringer,
Hallowed be thy name,
Thy triumph will come,
Thy will be done.
Give us this day our daily blood,
And forgive us our mercy,
As we forgive those who show mercy,
And deliver us from torment.
For yours is the power and the glory.

At the conclusion of the Rite and the Oath, the year will be reaching its end. The Legion will have welcomed its new batch of members, and ready to greet the new year as a cohesive group.
bah
bah
bah
bah
[img]https://i.imgur.com/8OLw9io.png[/img] [center][img]https://41.media.tumblr.com/bed3cd6adfd60168fafa0099a44e173b/tumblr_inline_o03a2bFYaK1tjwc2e_400.png[/img][/center] [center][size=4]The Weirder Dragons[/size][/center] [columns][center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47132704] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/471328/47132704.png[/img][/url] [b]Plenilune[/b][/center] [nextcol] [b]The Moon Gazer | The Great | The Weaver of Fates[/b] "I sensed the Shadowbinder herself watching me, her deep aura of satisfaction barely permeated through this haze of darkness and crushing power."[/columns]

8OLw9io.png

tumblr_inline_o03a2bFYaK1tjwc2e_400.png
The Weirder Dragons

47132704.png

Plenilune
The Moon Gazer | The Great | The Weaver of Fates

"I sensed the Shadowbinder herself watching me, her deep aura of satisfaction barely permeated through this haze of darkness and crushing power."
[center][size=5][b]Exalted Dragon Lore[/b][/size][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20156995] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/201570/20156995_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [center] [size=7][font=Century Gothic][color=navy]CORRUPTION[/color][/font][/size] [img]http://41.media.tumblr.com/bed3cd6adfd60168fafa0099a44e173b/tumblr_inline_o03a2bFYaK1tjwc2e_400.png[/img] [font=papyrus][size=4][color=red][b]Greetings, wanderer of the contagion. How did you stumble across my little corner of hell?[/b][/color][/size][/font] [/center] [columns][center] [item=Gladiator's Warhorn] [item=Vampire Eel] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ltgwdiwshsk8bc3/plaguev2.png[/img] [/center][nextcol] Who am I? I have been called many names, but I am most often known as The Great Corruption. I see in your reaction you have heard of me. Don't worry, whether or not you die today is entirely up to you. Do you want to know why the Iron Legion are the most feared group in these parts of the Plaguelands? I'm sure you've noticed by now that I have no parents. I had them at one point, of course, I have yet to meet a dragon not born from parents. Unfortunately, they didn't last all that long. I was always a headstrong hatching, I fought and bullied for every scrap. What they didn't give me, I stole. My other den-mates found it hard to survive in the world. One by one, they were taken. Fallen prey to disease and the creatures that lurk in the shadows. I alone remained standing, in apathetic defiance of this savage land. My parents grew wary of me. I was becoming too dangerous. Too good at what I did. I became better than them, and they had to remove the growing threat. They exiled me from their Clan, left me to wander alone, at the mercy of the beasts that prowl the vast horizons. But I was cunning and more ruthless than they ever were. I sought revenge. I made sure they suffered before they died. Stop looking so horrified, I'm sure they would've been proud to have raised such a strong child if they can see me now. Now, the Legion is my kin. I give them power in exchange for their service. I have built myself a world where my word is law. I am judge, jury, and executioner, and the Iron Legion are my sentinels. Are you wondering about my scars? Yes, well, no dragon is invincible. Don't get any ideas now, I was young and foolish then, I turned my back on another dragon. My brother. I believed him incapable of attacking me, for I was his kin. A naive thought, of course. Out here in the Contagion, it's every beast for himself. Hmm? What happened after? There was no after. It was kill or be killed, and I was always stronger. He thought he could take advantage of my weakness, and I made sure he didn't live to regret it. Let that be a lesson to you stranger. Don't mess with the Iron Legion of Dis.[/columns]
Exalted Dragon Lore
CORRUPTION

tumblr_inline_o03a2bFYaK1tjwc2e_400.png

Greetings, wanderer of the contagion.
How did you stumble across my little corner of hell?
Gladiator's Warhorn
Vampire Eel
plaguev2.png
Who am I? I have been called many names, but I am most often known as The Great Corruption.

I see in your reaction you have heard of me. Don't worry, whether or not you die today is entirely up to you.

Do you want to know why the Iron Legion are the most feared group in these parts of the Plaguelands?

I'm sure you've noticed by now that I have no parents. I had them at one point, of course, I have yet to meet a dragon not born from parents. Unfortunately, they didn't last all that long.

I was always a headstrong hatching, I fought and bullied for every scrap. What they didn't give me, I stole. My other den-mates found it hard to survive in the world. One by one, they were taken. Fallen prey to disease and the creatures that lurk in the shadows. I alone remained standing, in apathetic defiance of this savage land.

My parents grew wary of me. I was becoming too dangerous. Too good at what I did. I became better than them, and they had to remove the growing threat. They exiled me from their Clan, left me to wander alone, at the mercy of the beasts that prowl the vast horizons.

But I was cunning and more ruthless than they ever were. I sought revenge. I made sure they suffered before they died.

Stop looking so horrified, I'm sure they would've been proud to have raised such a strong child if they can see me now.

Now, the Legion is my kin. I give them power in exchange for their service. I have built myself a world where my word is law. I am judge, jury, and executioner, and the Iron Legion are my sentinels.

Are you wondering about my scars? Yes, well, no dragon is invincible. Don't get any ideas now, I was young and foolish then, I turned my back on another dragon. My brother. I believed him incapable of attacking me, for I was his kin. A naive thought, of course. Out here in the Contagion, it's every beast for himself.

Hmm? What happened after? There was no after. It was kill or be killed, and I was always stronger. He thought he could take advantage of my weakness, and I made sure he didn't live to regret it.

Let that be a lesson to you stranger. Don't mess with the Iron Legion of Dis.
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2659148/1#post_2659148]Table of Contents[/url] [/center] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/FLn2pKm.png[/img][/center] [center] [size=7][size=5][font=Lucida Console][color=maroon]Twelvetrees[/color][/font][/size][/size] [/center] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/FLn2pKm.png[/img][/center] [center][size=5][i]From These Beginnings[/i][/size][/center] Twelvetrees is a doorway to the blank slate of reality itself, leading to the space between space filled with chaotic energies. This is the place where gods are born, and where ghosts go to die. There is nothing there, and nothing to there. No substance, area, or locality. The alien entities that exist beyond the pale are unfathomable gods and monsters born of the darkness between the stars. A dragon on Sornieth can stumble through by accident, passing where the veil between the worlds wears thin. These invisible gateways appear in ancient burial mounds, in dark and dim caverns, deep within the mists, or under the waves. They don't last for very long, and are near impossible to detect unless one accidentally walks through it. Derelict Red, who wields the legendary blade Excalibur, has inexorably tied the realm of Twelvetrees to the void after plunging Excalibur's blade within the Wyrmwound. The blade sliced through the fabric of reality, spilling the heart of the contagion into existence itself. From the centre of Plague, it spread outwards, permeating the waking word like a contagion unto itself. The fabric thins. The lull of both worlds draw dragons, and other more dangerous creatures, to and fro... Twelvetrees is now a nexus between realities, born from the infectious strands of Plague magic that seeped into other domains. At the centre of Twelvetrees is Blightspoke, the headquarters of the oldest Plague faction, descended from those who first followed Derelict Red to the contagion. It serves as a meeting place and administrative nexus for the different flights. Most provinces started as a mix of refugees from their home flights and settlers from Plague coming together to ek out a meager living in the isolated corners of their respective lands. As they grew, they were granted autonomy and started attracting more followers. Most recently, Twelvetrees has been divided into vassal-states, known as Kingdoms. They include: [LIST] [*]Ice: The Tenebrous Cells [*]Fire: The Everforge [*]Lightning: The Great Rift [*]Light: The Watchtower Keep [*]Water: The Sunken Kingdom [*]Arcane: The Floating Citadel [*]Nature: The Grove of Sacred Trees [*]Wind: The Valley of Wailing Mists [*]Shadow: The Dark Realm [*]Earth: The Crooked Market [/LIST] [img]https://i.imgur.com/KfEHNzV.png[/img]
FLn2pKm.png
Twelvetrees
FLn2pKm.png
From These Beginnings

Twelvetrees is a doorway to the blank slate of reality itself, leading to the space between space filled with chaotic energies. This is the place where gods are born, and where ghosts go to die.

There is nothing there, and nothing to there. No substance, area, or locality. The alien entities that exist beyond the pale are unfathomable gods and monsters born of the darkness between the stars.

A dragon on Sornieth can stumble through by accident, passing where the veil between the worlds wears thin. These invisible gateways appear in ancient burial mounds, in dark and dim caverns, deep within the mists, or under the waves. They don't last for very long, and are near impossible to detect unless one accidentally walks through it.

Derelict Red, who wields the legendary blade Excalibur, has inexorably tied the realm of Twelvetrees to the void after plunging Excalibur's blade within the Wyrmwound. The blade sliced through the fabric of reality, spilling the heart of the contagion into existence itself. From the centre of Plague, it spread outwards, permeating the waking word like a contagion unto itself.

The fabric thins. The lull of both worlds draw dragons, and other more dangerous creatures, to and fro...

Twelvetrees is now a nexus between realities, born from the infectious strands of Plague magic that seeped into other domains. At the centre of Twelvetrees is Blightspoke, the headquarters of the oldest Plague faction, descended from those who first followed Derelict Red to the contagion. It serves as a meeting place and administrative nexus for the different flights.

Most provinces started as a mix of refugees from their home flights and settlers from Plague coming together to ek out a meager living in the isolated corners of their respective lands. As they grew, they were granted autonomy and started attracting more followers.

Most recently, Twelvetrees has been divided into vassal-states, known as Kingdoms. They include:
  • Ice: The Tenebrous Cells
  • Fire: The Everforge
  • Lightning: The Great Rift
  • Light: The Watchtower Keep
  • Water: The Sunken Kingdom
  • Arcane: The Floating Citadel
  • Nature: The Grove of Sacred Trees
  • Wind: The Valley of Wailing Mists
  • Shadow: The Dark Realm
  • Earth: The Crooked Market

KfEHNzV.png