Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Starlight Gale [Nuzlocke]
1 2 3 4
Ecord, Jamison, and Halton are out scouting out the area together. Normally Jamison wouldn't tag along, since he doesn’t have much fighting experience, but Cam and Livia are busy attending their nest so they were unable to go with Halton much to his displeasure. “This way you two. Also, Jamie, make sure you pick up edible plants. Food’s always good to collect when we do this, since we’ll be out a while.” Jamie gives him a quick nod. “Got it Halt.” instead of being productive ecord is just mindlessly following Halton, like a child following their mother around a shop. “So Halton, where is it we are heading?” “we are checking to see if there's any enemies trying to sneak into the camp. We do this everyday we just haven't needed to bring you yet. But enemies have been seen around alot more lately since you showed up.. And we can't bring Livia and Cameran like I normally would.” “oh” Ecord has a feeling he knows the answer as to why they have been showing up more, but he’d rather keep that to himself. Not much time passes before they hear fighting up ahead and halton springs into action and begins running towards the sound “this way!” he hollers at jamison and ecord who begin to follow him. Jamison begins to grab a bottle from his bag incase he has to engage in combat and Ecord, is being Ecord and looking around for possible exits if it gets too bad. As they approach the sound they see a few of mererid’s mind controlled dragons fighting this skydancer, whose in what most would consider an excessive amount of clothing. Her feathers are bloodied from both the ‘zombies’ blood and her own. She’s using her feet and hand claws as weapons kicking and clawing at the flesh of the dragons who have her pinned down. She has fake claws on her hands and feet giving her the ability to more easily slice through the flesh of others, but even so its obvious she is being severely overwhelmed “oh jeez” halton backs up abit “that’s a lot of dragons” Ecord’s face goes pale “we should have brought deli! She has the most experience out of us all!” Jamison looks a bit worried as well and looks at Halton, as he’s an alchemist not a fighter. Before they can decide to do anything one of the dragons, who doesn't seem to be a zombie notices them, and he stands up glaring at their direction and begins to walk towards them none of them noticing him heading towards them as they are focused on the skydancer. “We have to go down there” before halton can start to head down there the guardian blocks them off from her letting out a low growl. The three backing up “uh hel-” halton gets cut off at the guardian attempts to attack them, while Halton is able to quickly jump back Ecord and Jamison have a slower reaction and stumble back. And Halton catches himself and grabs a dagger from his bag ready to stab the charging dragon. “Oh boy oh boy no no no” Ecord of course begins to panic, wobbling to his feet and quickly begins looking for a route of escape, he’s successful and realizes his only choice is to fight. That was the last thing on his very long list of things he wanted to do in this situation. “Go help the dragon down there you two!” Halton yells as he dodges the very ticked guardian throwing stabs any chance he gets. “aH AH OK” Ecord slips pass and jamison grabs a bottle and throws down a smoke bomb towards the guardian and Halton “have some help!” jamie yells and runs down with ecord towards the sky dancer, and grabs his ice pick which is tied around his waist and he manages to tag a wildclaw in the leg and begin dragging it down and the wildclaw lets out a scream of pain using all the strength he does have to pull them off the skydancer who's still kicking and clawing. Ecord unsure what he’s to do throws rocks at one of them, another snapper about a good 7x his size and she looks back at him becoming set on him as a target. “Oh shoot” he instantly realizes why this [i]might[/i] have been a bad idea. the Snapper begins to speed walk over, and ecord realizes that he is cornered. As he can't fly up, nor can he get past the Dragon heading his way at an alarming rate “oh boy this. This is very bad” Halton now dusting himself off and walking out of the area he and the guardian was, jumps down. Him figuring out what his next move shall be is he hears a very painful sounding scream to the right of him and his head quickly jerks to the sound and he’s just greeted with a sight he never wanted to see. Ecord, barely able to breathe, under the full weight of the snapper’s foot, leg, body. The scream must have been from the realization just before it happened. Halton stares at the scene that has just unfolded before him and he begins run towards the snapper and he grabs the head of the snapper and begins to whisper in the ear of the snapper, Jamie who has the wildclaw on the ground completely looks over in confusion and watches as the snapper just begins to turn into smoke as Halton whispers to her “...whaaaa…” he doesn’t say anything loudly just watches as halton inhales the smoke and walks over to ecord and carefully picks him up “is he dead?” “no” Halton begins to walk back towards the way they came “we are going back to the camp” “oh okay, uh.. Miss want to come with us” he looks back towards the sky dancer and she’s passed out “oh great now i gotta carry her” he walks over to her leaving the wildclaw tied down and picks her up and follows him not mentioning that he saw what he saw cause it doesn't seem like the best time to do that. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/416702262593847297/554919562680991755/what_the_fuck.png[/img] (@ZippoFeuer forgot to post this)
Ecord, Jamison, and Halton are out scouting out the area together. Normally Jamison wouldn't tag along, since he doesn’t have much fighting experience, but Cam and Livia are busy attending their nest so they were unable to go with Halton much to his displeasure. “This way you two. Also, Jamie, make sure you pick up edible plants. Food’s always good to collect when we do this, since we’ll be out a while.”
Jamie gives him a quick nod. “Got it Halt.”

instead of being productive ecord is just mindlessly following Halton, like a child following their mother around a shop. “So Halton, where is it we are heading?” “we are checking to see if there's any enemies trying to sneak into the camp. We do this everyday we just haven't needed to bring you yet. But enemies have been seen around alot more lately since you showed up.. And we can't bring Livia and Cameran like I normally would.” “oh” Ecord has a feeling he knows the answer as to why they have been showing up more, but he’d rather keep that to himself.
Not much time passes before they hear fighting up ahead and halton springs into action and begins running towards the sound “this way!” he hollers at jamison and ecord who begin to follow him. Jamison begins to grab a bottle from his bag incase he has to engage in combat and Ecord, is being Ecord and looking around for possible exits if it gets too bad.

As they approach the sound they see a few of mererid’s mind controlled dragons fighting this skydancer, whose in what most would consider an excessive amount of clothing. Her feathers are bloodied from both the ‘zombies’ blood and her own. She’s using her feet and hand claws as weapons kicking and clawing at the flesh of the dragons who have her pinned down.
She has fake claws on her hands and feet giving her the ability to more easily slice through the flesh of others, but even so its obvious she is being severely overwhelmed “oh jeez” halton backs up abit “that’s a lot of dragons” Ecord’s face goes pale “we should have brought deli! She has the most experience out of us all!” Jamison looks a bit worried as well and looks at Halton, as he’s an alchemist not a fighter.

Before they can decide to do anything one of the dragons, who doesn't seem to be a zombie notices them, and he stands up glaring at their direction and begins to walk towards them none of them noticing him heading towards them as they are focused on the skydancer. “We have to go down there” before halton can start to head down there the guardian blocks them off from her letting out a low growl. The three backing up “uh hel-” halton gets cut off at the guardian attempts to attack them, while Halton is able to quickly jump back Ecord and Jamison have a slower reaction and stumble back. And Halton catches himself and grabs a dagger from his bag ready to stab the charging dragon. “Oh boy oh boy no no no” Ecord of course begins to panic, wobbling to his feet and quickly begins looking for a route of escape, he’s successful and realizes his only choice is to fight. That was the last thing on his very long list of things he wanted to do in this situation. “Go help the dragon down there you two!” Halton yells as he dodges the very ticked guardian throwing stabs any chance he gets. “aH AH OK” Ecord slips pass and jamison grabs a bottle and throws down a smoke bomb towards the guardian and Halton “have some help!” jamie yells and runs down with ecord towards the sky dancer, and grabs his ice pick which is tied around his waist and he manages to tag a wildclaw in the leg and begin dragging it down and the wildclaw lets out a scream of pain using all the strength he does have to pull them off the skydancer who's still kicking and clawing. Ecord unsure what he’s to do throws rocks at one of them, another snapper about a good 7x his size and she looks back at him becoming set on him as a target. “Oh shoot” he instantly realizes why this might have been a bad idea. the Snapper begins to speed walk over, and ecord realizes that he is cornered. As he can't fly up, nor can he get past the Dragon heading his way at an alarming rate “oh boy this. This is very bad”

Halton now dusting himself off and walking out of the area he and the guardian was, jumps down. Him figuring out what his next move shall be is he hears a very painful sounding scream to the right of him and his head quickly jerks to the sound and he’s just greeted with a sight he never wanted to see. Ecord, barely able to breathe, under the full weight of the snapper’s foot, leg, body. The scream must have been from the realization just before it happened. Halton stares at the scene that has just unfolded before him and he begins run towards the snapper and he grabs the head of the snapper and begins to whisper in the ear of the snapper, Jamie who has the wildclaw on the ground completely looks over in confusion and watches as the snapper just begins to turn into smoke as Halton whispers to her “...whaaaa…” he doesn’t say anything loudly just watches as halton inhales the smoke and walks over to ecord and carefully picks him up “is he dead?” “no” Halton begins to walk back towards the way they came “we are going back to the camp” “oh okay, uh.. Miss want to come with us” he looks back towards the sky dancer and she’s passed out “oh great now i gotta carry her” he walks over to her leaving the wildclaw tied down and picks her up and follows him not mentioning that he saw what he saw cause it doesn't seem like the best time to do that.

what_the_fuck.png

(@ZippoFeuer forgot to post this)

Jamison sets out on an adventure! can't wait to see what he discovers. or meets :) [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/416702262593847297/555598432350371872/i_did_it_are_you_prood.png[/img] @ZippoFeuer
Jamison sets out on an adventure! can't wait to see what he discovers.

or meets :)

i_did_it_are_you_prood.png

@ZippoFeuer
Tragedy strikes as Livia and Cameran's eggs are meant to hatch, only one does. A boy now named Aden. the three others never hatched. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/416702262593847297/555930231379066892/She_Sad_.png[/img] @ZippoFeuer
Tragedy strikes as Livia and Cameran's eggs are meant to hatch, only one does.
A boy now named Aden.

the three others never hatched.

She_Sad_.png

@ZippoFeuer
I hope she does ok, losing her kids can't be good :'0
I hope she does ok, losing her kids can't be good :'0

1C4RmMC.png
mlHpBMC.png
LF :: nests of
yMgLfNO.pnggem.pngcherubgeneeggivory.pngFz6gBO0.png
@ZippoFeuer give her some time to heal!

she shall be okay

if halton isnt a butt that is
@ZippoFeuer give her some time to heal!

she shall be okay

if halton isnt a butt that is
Jamison walks through the wooded area of the Arcane territory, his bag clattering and clanking with each step he takes, largely due to the array of metal pans in his travel bag. He’s enjoying all the sights and new types of food he’s tried on his little foray into the realm of the arcanites. Speaking of food, his hunger stops his roaming momentarily; he sits down taking off his bag and opening it and grabbing some of his fish and a bottle of water as he was beginning to get hungry. He rips open the packaging of the fish and begins to chow down as one would. Though soon into his meal he hears footsteps and rather than attempt to be subtle about his presence he leans forward the fish still in his hands with a giant chunk of fish still in his mouth “hmm?” he sees a young pearl catcher walking down the path he is sitting on “oh hello!”
She jumps in surprise not expecting to hear someone “oh hello, uh is there something the matter?” she tilts her head “nah! Just snacking was about to pack back up soon. I'm Jamison! Nice to meet you!” he shoves the unfinished fish and the thing of water back into his pack and shuts everything up, picking it up and putting it on his back “where you heading?” She seems rather confused by this dudes enthusiasm and willingness to introduce himself to a stranger he’s just met and has only known for less then a solid moment. “Oh i am Raisa, and not sure kinda just walking yknow” “oh! Same here im going with the flow unless the flow is some weird walking giant bird man that stares into your soul and makes you feel like your life just flashed before your eyes, making you petrified with fear” Raisa looks both confused, and mildly concerned “that was oddly specific yaknow” “yeup” she squints a bit. “okay...then “anyways, imma follow you cause i dont wanna be alone!”

@ZippoFeuer
Jamison walks through the wooded area of the Arcane territory, his bag clattering and clanking with each step he takes, largely due to the array of metal pans in his travel bag. He’s enjoying all the sights and new types of food he’s tried on his little foray into the realm of the arcanites. Speaking of food, his hunger stops his roaming momentarily; he sits down taking off his bag and opening it and grabbing some of his fish and a bottle of water as he was beginning to get hungry. He rips open the packaging of the fish and begins to chow down as one would. Though soon into his meal he hears footsteps and rather than attempt to be subtle about his presence he leans forward the fish still in his hands with a giant chunk of fish still in his mouth “hmm?” he sees a young pearl catcher walking down the path he is sitting on “oh hello!”
She jumps in surprise not expecting to hear someone “oh hello, uh is there something the matter?” she tilts her head “nah! Just snacking was about to pack back up soon. I'm Jamison! Nice to meet you!” he shoves the unfinished fish and the thing of water back into his pack and shuts everything up, picking it up and putting it on his back “where you heading?” She seems rather confused by this dudes enthusiasm and willingness to introduce himself to a stranger he’s just met and has only known for less then a solid moment. “Oh i am Raisa, and not sure kinda just walking yknow” “oh! Same here im going with the flow unless the flow is some weird walking giant bird man that stares into your soul and makes you feel like your life just flashed before your eyes, making you petrified with fear” Raisa looks both confused, and mildly concerned “that was oddly specific yaknow” “yeup” she squints a bit. “okay...then “anyways, imma follow you cause i dont wanna be alone!”

@ZippoFeuer
Halton has been acting a bit off lately- more so than normal, and starting around when Jamison went out on his trip. Everyone assumes it’s because they had what could be considered by some, a ‘very loose, brotherly (maybe) relationship’.
Which would be a well and good assumption- except that he’s been interested in Demetria to an extent no one expected, which was half the weirdness and had nothing to do with Jamison. Demetria, who’s back on her feet and being what must be assumed normal for her: sassy to an extreme.
“So, Demetria... You seem interesting. Some might say more than even that.” She seems a bit taken aback at the sudden speech from beside her.
“Thanks, I guess?”

She knew the spiral had yet to hold a conversation with her, and that was already strange- but just watching him she can feel a creeping sensation of something being off. She hasn’t been able to pinpoint why just yet.

Before an awkward silence has a chance to set in, he blurts out a question: “Wanna come out on patrol with me?” He looks up, smiling at her. That's when she notices… Something.
“Sure... Are you okay? That’s a rather large bruise on your cheek. Looks fresh too- that has to be painful. What happened?”
He feels his face, as if he didnt know it was there. “Oh, this? It’s nothing. I’ll be fine; I’ve had much worse,” he shrugs it off. “If you are going we gotta go soon; it’ll take us all day, and I want to cover as much ground in our area as we can. Attacks have been far more common lately.”

She nods. Still slightly hesitant- in particular because she’s still unsure she can trust him to be fully honest. She’s already nodded, already agreed- and she won’t back out immediately, just like that.
“Do I need anything since we are gonna be out so long?”
Halton pauses, mulling over it. “Hummm... Yes, food; bring food so if we get hungry we can eat. I’ll get the other things okay?” She nods once more and walks off to the store-room.

An hour passes, and they meet up once more. Halton holds a spear and a small knife, which he presses into Demetria’s hand. “Got everything we need, food-wise?” She nods. “Alright. We’ll probably be fighting along the way- hope you like knives.”
“I can work with it; thanks.” Sheathing the knife, she asks; “are we off?”
He nods, and together, they leave camp- Demetria trailing after.

“Er. Halton?”
“Mm?”
“When did this go from… Scouting our territory to trespassing on Arcane grounds?”
“Oh, that. No idea, really.” Demetria looked at him curiously. She was walking behind, after he’d told her that he’d take the lead. She couldn’t see his expression- but then, his voice had sounded like he was smiling.
“Do you know where we’re going?” He shrugs. “Do I seriously have to take the lead? I thought you knew where we were going! You should have said something if you didn’t know.” She picks up her speed, grabbing his arm roughly. “We should head back.”

“Sorry, I don't think I can allow you to go back.”

She lets go of his arm in surprise. “What- what in the world do you mean by that?” He turns to her, a slant-wise grin in place- which spreads further as she draws back from him. “What's with your- your eyes? What is wrong with you?!”
He shrugs, winking with now-golden eyes. “Hey, nothing; but wait, you’re a slave of life, aren’t’cha? You probably think there’s everything wrong, don’tcha?” His voice was lilting, a far cry from his usual deadpan. “Life servants are always so prissy… and, they think they’re better than everyone else, huh?”
She backs up, reaching slowly for her knife. “What?”

The ground under each of his footsteps begins to wilt, to die. Dull, ash-like color as the plantlife turns to dust under his touch.

“... You aren't normal. I knew there was something wrong about you. Who are you, really? Do you work with death?!”
Halton stops, spinning his spear around lazily. “Yeah, you could say that.” he smiles, cracking his neck one way, then the next.
“I’m leaving! Wait until the entire camp knows what you are!”

She turns, runs- and the spear runs her through, point jutting from her sternum. A silent cry of pain and shock.
“Tsk tsk, not that easy sweetcheeks... You can’t escape me.” Her body convulses beyond her control. Dead tracks in her narrowing vision...

Halton’s smile only grows as he watches her expression change. From disgust, anger- fear and shock come quickly as she touches the point. She’s on her knees- how easy! “Are you okay?” His mocking tone doesn’t draw her gaze away from the point. “That’s a rather large hole in your chest. Looks fresh too- that has to be painful. What happened?”
He laughs. One hand over the short bit of spear, the other on her shoulder, he pulls. Blood pulses from the hole. What little strength had kept her on her knees fails- she falls on her side, heavy and numb. Shaking, holding her chest dumbly.
Vision blurring, she can’t tell if the wound has colored grey, if it looks lifeless, or if that’s just the bloodloss.

“See you in the afterlife.” A swift kick to her chest- for good measure, of course. He walks off, dead steps leaving a trail behind him.

Demetria watches with blurry vision. Tears and shock both obscure everything. The world darkens around her- panic and panic and panic.
Mouthing the word ‘no’ over and over as consciousness fades.

@ZippoFeuer
Halton has been acting a bit off lately- more so than normal, and starting around when Jamison went out on his trip. Everyone assumes it’s because they had what could be considered by some, a ‘very loose, brotherly (maybe) relationship’.
Which would be a well and good assumption- except that he’s been interested in Demetria to an extent no one expected, which was half the weirdness and had nothing to do with Jamison. Demetria, who’s back on her feet and being what must be assumed normal for her: sassy to an extreme.
“So, Demetria... You seem interesting. Some might say more than even that.” She seems a bit taken aback at the sudden speech from beside her.
“Thanks, I guess?”

She knew the spiral had yet to hold a conversation with her, and that was already strange- but just watching him she can feel a creeping sensation of something being off. She hasn’t been able to pinpoint why just yet.

Before an awkward silence has a chance to set in, he blurts out a question: “Wanna come out on patrol with me?” He looks up, smiling at her. That's when she notices… Something.
“Sure... Are you okay? That’s a rather large bruise on your cheek. Looks fresh too- that has to be painful. What happened?”
He feels his face, as if he didnt know it was there. “Oh, this? It’s nothing. I’ll be fine; I’ve had much worse,” he shrugs it off. “If you are going we gotta go soon; it’ll take us all day, and I want to cover as much ground in our area as we can. Attacks have been far more common lately.”

She nods. Still slightly hesitant- in particular because she’s still unsure she can trust him to be fully honest. She’s already nodded, already agreed- and she won’t back out immediately, just like that.
“Do I need anything since we are gonna be out so long?”
Halton pauses, mulling over it. “Hummm... Yes, food; bring food so if we get hungry we can eat. I’ll get the other things okay?” She nods once more and walks off to the store-room.

An hour passes, and they meet up once more. Halton holds a spear and a small knife, which he presses into Demetria’s hand. “Got everything we need, food-wise?” She nods. “Alright. We’ll probably be fighting along the way- hope you like knives.”
“I can work with it; thanks.” Sheathing the knife, she asks; “are we off?”
He nods, and together, they leave camp- Demetria trailing after.

“Er. Halton?”
“Mm?”
“When did this go from… Scouting our territory to trespassing on Arcane grounds?”
“Oh, that. No idea, really.” Demetria looked at him curiously. She was walking behind, after he’d told her that he’d take the lead. She couldn’t see his expression- but then, his voice had sounded like he was smiling.
“Do you know where we’re going?” He shrugs. “Do I seriously have to take the lead? I thought you knew where we were going! You should have said something if you didn’t know.” She picks up her speed, grabbing his arm roughly. “We should head back.”

“Sorry, I don't think I can allow you to go back.”

She lets go of his arm in surprise. “What- what in the world do you mean by that?” He turns to her, a slant-wise grin in place- which spreads further as she draws back from him. “What's with your- your eyes? What is wrong with you?!”
He shrugs, winking with now-golden eyes. “Hey, nothing; but wait, you’re a slave of life, aren’t’cha? You probably think there’s everything wrong, don’tcha?” His voice was lilting, a far cry from his usual deadpan. “Life servants are always so prissy… and, they think they’re better than everyone else, huh?”
She backs up, reaching slowly for her knife. “What?”

The ground under each of his footsteps begins to wilt, to die. Dull, ash-like color as the plantlife turns to dust under his touch.

“... You aren't normal. I knew there was something wrong about you. Who are you, really? Do you work with death?!”
Halton stops, spinning his spear around lazily. “Yeah, you could say that.” he smiles, cracking his neck one way, then the next.
“I’m leaving! Wait until the entire camp knows what you are!”

She turns, runs- and the spear runs her through, point jutting from her sternum. A silent cry of pain and shock.
“Tsk tsk, not that easy sweetcheeks... You can’t escape me.” Her body convulses beyond her control. Dead tracks in her narrowing vision...

Halton’s smile only grows as he watches her expression change. From disgust, anger- fear and shock come quickly as she touches the point. She’s on her knees- how easy! “Are you okay?” His mocking tone doesn’t draw her gaze away from the point. “That’s a rather large hole in your chest. Looks fresh too- that has to be painful. What happened?”
He laughs. One hand over the short bit of spear, the other on her shoulder, he pulls. Blood pulses from the hole. What little strength had kept her on her knees fails- she falls on her side, heavy and numb. Shaking, holding her chest dumbly.
Vision blurring, she can’t tell if the wound has colored grey, if it looks lifeless, or if that’s just the bloodloss.

“See you in the afterlife.” A swift kick to her chest- for good measure, of course. He walks off, dead steps leaving a trail behind him.

Demetria watches with blurry vision. Tears and shock both obscure everything. The world darkens around her- panic and panic and panic.
Mouthing the word ‘no’ over and over as consciousness fades.

@ZippoFeuer
HERE WE GO HALTON
HERE WE GO HALTON

1C4RmMC.png
mlHpBMC.png
LF :: nests of
yMgLfNO.pnggem.pngcherubgeneeggivory.pngFz6gBO0.png
@ZippoFeuer
WE ARE GETTING INTO THE REAL CRAP
@ZippoFeuer
WE ARE GETTING INTO THE REAL CRAP
Halton had been walking around for awhile. There was no real functioning memory of when he’d gotten here, nor why he was as broken as he was.

His arm is broken, held in place by the power of his muscles contracting in pain around the damaged bone. Cuts and bruises litter his skin. He walks with a limp. He looks around, one eye bruised so much that he only sees a thin sliver of the world through it.
A cave through the trees. He walks towards it- after all, caves either seem like a home or a burial site.

It’s lived in, he can tell that much with the way the ground is scuffed all around the opening.

A patch of disturbed earth piques his interest. He looks back towards the cave, only a few paces away through the trees. Nobody out in the oft-used clearing. For how long, he doesn’t know. He scuffs at the ground with a toe, then kneels down, eyes still glued to the cave entrance. Fingers tear into the soft earth, lumps of soil pulling away in huge fistfuls. He doesn’t look down until his fingers hit something distinctly non-earthen.
“Interesting.”
He picks up one of the items at a time- arcane eggs, each bearing signs of dying before hatching. The last one he pulls from its grave, he sets to the side.
“This will do.”
The three others are left, pulled from their grave, uncovered.
He walks back towards the the wind territory, egg held to his chest, as if his own cold body could keep it warm. The egg pulses with a faint amber energy- one which mirrors the strange gaze Halton himself possesses, and the same which touched his gaze at Demetria’s demise.
“You were going to die, all alone, weren’t you?” He giggles- a high, nasal, manic sound. “Don’t you worry little soul, I won’t let you pass without a fight.”

Halton coughs. First just a small choke. Then, a fit- all the while, a black smog pours out of him. Black smoke, a sentience, leaves his body, all the wounds staying perfectly awful in their nature.
He collapses, egg rolling from his broken-armed grasp as the pain suddenly hits, all at once, and from all over.
While it hits the ground in time with Halton’s own body, it is not the fall that breaks the egg. A small hatchling tears its way from the egg, ripping through the leathery surface only to find the dragon which had carried it this far unconscious.

A loud cry in the distance. Cameran, on patrol, supposes it’s his job to investigate. At the very least.
Bow drawn, he walks through the area.
It is not enemies he finds- he supposes he should be thankful it wasn’t enemies.
He lifts Halton onto his shoulder, grabs up the hatchling by the scruff of its neck, and runs to Deliha’s tent, hoping she’ll be able to fix whatever happened this time.

@ZippoFeuer
Halton had been walking around for awhile. There was no real functioning memory of when he’d gotten here, nor why he was as broken as he was.

His arm is broken, held in place by the power of his muscles contracting in pain around the damaged bone. Cuts and bruises litter his skin. He walks with a limp. He looks around, one eye bruised so much that he only sees a thin sliver of the world through it.
A cave through the trees. He walks towards it- after all, caves either seem like a home or a burial site.

It’s lived in, he can tell that much with the way the ground is scuffed all around the opening.

A patch of disturbed earth piques his interest. He looks back towards the cave, only a few paces away through the trees. Nobody out in the oft-used clearing. For how long, he doesn’t know. He scuffs at the ground with a toe, then kneels down, eyes still glued to the cave entrance. Fingers tear into the soft earth, lumps of soil pulling away in huge fistfuls. He doesn’t look down until his fingers hit something distinctly non-earthen.
“Interesting.”
He picks up one of the items at a time- arcane eggs, each bearing signs of dying before hatching. The last one he pulls from its grave, he sets to the side.
“This will do.”
The three others are left, pulled from their grave, uncovered.
He walks back towards the the wind territory, egg held to his chest, as if his own cold body could keep it warm. The egg pulses with a faint amber energy- one which mirrors the strange gaze Halton himself possesses, and the same which touched his gaze at Demetria’s demise.
“You were going to die, all alone, weren’t you?” He giggles- a high, nasal, manic sound. “Don’t you worry little soul, I won’t let you pass without a fight.”

Halton coughs. First just a small choke. Then, a fit- all the while, a black smog pours out of him. Black smoke, a sentience, leaves his body, all the wounds staying perfectly awful in their nature.
He collapses, egg rolling from his broken-armed grasp as the pain suddenly hits, all at once, and from all over.
While it hits the ground in time with Halton’s own body, it is not the fall that breaks the egg. A small hatchling tears its way from the egg, ripping through the leathery surface only to find the dragon which had carried it this far unconscious.

A loud cry in the distance. Cameran, on patrol, supposes it’s his job to investigate. At the very least.
Bow drawn, he walks through the area.
It is not enemies he finds- he supposes he should be thankful it wasn’t enemies.
He lifts Halton onto his shoulder, grabs up the hatchling by the scruff of its neck, and runs to Deliha’s tent, hoping she’ll be able to fix whatever happened this time.

@ZippoFeuer
1 2 3 4