Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Dragon Writers of October
1 2 3 4 5
I gened up this lovely girl when the Starmap gene came out: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41734641] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/417347/41734641_350.png[/img] [/url] But I don't have any plans for her! If she seems like a fit for anyone's breeding project or clan lore, I'd be up for selling or trading. As for my writing, I've accepted defeat. Not everyone succeeds and that's okay. I'm now trying to learn visual novel programming, so maybe I'll eventually be able to rework some of my stories into playable experiences. @micahjaguar Oh nooooo, that lore on your new dragon! Having so many eyes in so many places really would be a challenge in daily life. Maybe someone will make skins/accents that lets Multi-gaze dragons wear protective goggles all over their bodies? @paintminion MLs are definitely the MVPs of NaNo! Best of luck and best of fortitude. @MischiefSabre Ooh, games? What programming language are you using?
I gened up this lovely girl when the Starmap gene came out:

41734641_350.png

But I don't have any plans for her! If she seems like a fit for anyone's breeding project or clan lore, I'd be up for selling or trading.

As for my writing, I've accepted defeat. Not everyone succeeds and that's okay. I'm now trying to learn visual novel programming, so maybe I'll eventually be able to rework some of my stories into playable experiences.

@micahjaguar Oh nooooo, that lore on your new dragon! Having so many eyes in so many places really would be a challenge in daily life. Maybe someone will make skins/accents that lets Multi-gaze dragons wear protective goggles all over their bodies?

@paintminion MLs are definitely the MVPs of NaNo! Best of luck and best of fortitude.

@MischiefSabre Ooh, games? What programming language are you using?
Internet is dreadfully slow so I can't really do much in terms of viewing other people's stuff or holding a conversation, but all my writing has been focused on dragons lately! I've gotten a few others done, but my main focus has been this boy <3 His lore got so long on sta.sh that I had to start a second one to keep going, pfft. When I'm finally done writing it, I plan on going back and rewriting it because I'm not happy with how it's turning out. [url]https://sta.sh/01npx851v20z[/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39047026] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/390471/39047026_350.png[/img] [/url]
Internet is dreadfully slow so I can't really do much in terms of viewing other people's stuff or holding a conversation, but all my writing has been focused on dragons lately! I've gotten a few others done, but my main focus has been this boy <3

His lore got so long on sta.sh that I had to start a second one to keep going, pfft. When I'm finally done writing it, I plan on going back and rewriting it because I'm not happy with how it's turning out.

https://sta.sh/01npx851v20z

39047026_350.png
80757570p.png 77134736p.png
I’ve been reading the first book of the Death Gate Cycle! It’s a fantasy series I’ve been meaning to read for ages but never got around to because I didn’t have access to the entire series. Now I do and have no excuse.

(I did put the book aside a week or so ago, though, in order to read “Book in a Month” by Victoria Lynn Schmidt. I’m having a great time with this book; it’s full of great advice! It’s meant to help you write a book from start to finish (so by the time you finish reading the book, yours should be written) but I’m going to be using it to outline for the month of October. September was spent on vacation prepping prepping prepping, and now I need to transition to outlining and finding the remaining loose ends to get ready for NaNo!

So excited for this idea~!

In the midst of all the writing prep I somehow found time to get involved in a DnD campaign (next session starts in a half hour!) and need to sit down and hash out another character ASAP for a session that starts Saturday. (ASAP because the DM wants blurbs about our characters....now.)
I’ve been reading the first book of the Death Gate Cycle! It’s a fantasy series I’ve been meaning to read for ages but never got around to because I didn’t have access to the entire series. Now I do and have no excuse.

(I did put the book aside a week or so ago, though, in order to read “Book in a Month” by Victoria Lynn Schmidt. I’m having a great time with this book; it’s full of great advice! It’s meant to help you write a book from start to finish (so by the time you finish reading the book, yours should be written) but I’m going to be using it to outline for the month of October. September was spent on vacation prepping prepping prepping, and now I need to transition to outlining and finding the remaining loose ends to get ready for NaNo!

So excited for this idea~!

In the midst of all the writing prep I somehow found time to get involved in a DnD campaign (next session starts in a half hour!) and need to sit down and hash out another character ASAP for a session that starts Saturday. (ASAP because the DM wants blurbs about our characters....now.)
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif

wind_0.pngwind_1.pngwind_2.pngwind_3.png
2rnjx3s.png
WASSUP I'M BACK FROM HIATUS! Whooh! I spent a good 2 months offline because I started a program with habitat for humanity and it is pretty demanding. Right now I'm mostly in the classroom so it takes a lot less out of me and I have time to play online! [s]About darn time[/s] I haven't written much but I have been working concepts for my Quezecoatl dragon's stories and it turns out she's going to join up with characters from two other stories, so that's fun! [img]https://img00.deviantart.net/e76b/i/2018/269/6/f/sleepy_derg_by_sandburr-dcntpz7.png[/img] It looks like she's going to live in an abandoned wildlife park set around a spring. I kind of want her to be friendly with a ton of different peoples, so I'm thinking there might be freshwater mermaids in her spring, and maybe the park has an underwater room for the sake if fun interaction? She definitely needs to be close to a town and I think the town peeps have just excepted the fact that they have a dragon for a neighbor. I don't know how it's going to fit just yet, but I have this adorable mental image of someone feeding her ice cream. The fun thing is that I was in a completely difrebt story, and my other characters were just in the area, and one got attacked by a bear, and this big dark thing came crashing out of the woods and ran the bear down. When they finally collected themselves and got a good look at this big scary thing, it was my fluffy little dragon and I had not even planed that, LOL! But it works so perfectly!!! @micahjaguar Omg, I would leave that thylacine! It's got such a nice contrast with her eyes! I've been reading a fun horror/science fiction called The Relic. It's pretty gory but it's super well written and the main antagonist is a monster loose in a Museum so that's always fun. As for my flight rising acount, I just got my dragons eating again XD I'm loving the arcain halo and I'm kinda sad I missed the lightning Holliday, but oh well. My Arcane/lightnimg girl looks best in pink anyhow! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34580273] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/345803/34580273_350.png[/img] [/url] Oh my @Pyrasaur that is such a nice girl!
WASSUP I'M BACK FROM HIATUS! Whooh! I spent a good 2 months offline because I started a program with habitat for humanity and it is pretty demanding. Right now I'm mostly in the classroom so it takes a lot less out of me and I have time to play online! About darn time
I haven't written much but I have been working concepts for my Quezecoatl dragon's stories and it turns out she's going to join up with characters from two other stories, so that's fun!
sleepy_derg_by_sandburr-dcntpz7.png

It looks like she's going to live in an abandoned wildlife park set around a spring. I kind of want her to be friendly with a ton of different peoples, so I'm thinking there might be freshwater mermaids in her spring, and maybe the park has an underwater room for the sake if fun interaction?
She definitely needs to be close to a town and I think the town peeps have just excepted the fact that they have a dragon for a neighbor. I don't know how it's going to fit just yet, but I have this adorable mental image of someone feeding her ice cream.

The fun thing is that I was in a completely difrebt story, and my other characters were just in the area, and one got attacked by a bear, and this big dark thing came crashing out of the woods and ran the bear down. When they finally collected themselves and got a good look at this big scary thing, it was my fluffy little dragon and I had not even planed that, LOL! But it works so perfectly!!!

@micahjaguar
Omg, I would leave that thylacine! It's got such a nice contrast with her eyes!
I've been reading a fun horror/science fiction called The Relic. It's pretty gory but it's super well written and the main antagonist is a monster loose in a Museum so that's always fun.

As for my flight rising acount, I just got my dragons eating again XD
I'm loving the arcain halo and I'm kinda sad I missed the lightning Holliday, but oh well. My Arcane/lightnimg girl looks best in pink anyhow!

34580273_350.png

Oh my @Pyrasaur that is such a nice girl!
24002659_oFj.png
Oh boy, it's been awhile since I showed up. But here's what I've been doing so far!
  • Hit 67k words on my Paladins fanfic, A Realm Divided. It's the longest story I've written to date, with the previous contenders being Where We Went (FR lore) at 55k, and The Good, The Bad, and the Robotic (TF2 fanfic) at 52k. I'm not even halfway done with A Realm Divided, so I think it'll easily hit 100k words.
  • Stared on some Neopets lore. I don't know why I do this, but it's fun. Have yet to think of a cohesive storyline that works for a pirate, a disillusioned warrior, a God of Life, a God of Death (might change them both), a monster, a Qasalan royal Guardmaster, an adventurer, and a wraith that is literally the physical culmination of envy and jealousy.
  • I really need to write my lore and standardise a bio layout for my dragons. I quite like Chancellor's and might use that. Has slight RPG vibes.
Oh boy, it's been awhile since I showed up. But here's what I've been doing so far!
  • Hit 67k words on my Paladins fanfic, A Realm Divided. It's the longest story I've written to date, with the previous contenders being Where We Went (FR lore) at 55k, and The Good, The Bad, and the Robotic (TF2 fanfic) at 52k. I'm not even halfway done with A Realm Divided, so I think it'll easily hit 100k words.
  • Stared on some Neopets lore. I don't know why I do this, but it's fun. Have yet to think of a cohesive storyline that works for a pirate, a disillusioned warrior, a God of Life, a God of Death (might change them both), a monster, a Qasalan royal Guardmaster, an adventurer, and a wraith that is literally the physical culmination of envy and jealousy.
  • I really need to write my lore and standardise a bio layout for my dragons. I quite like Chancellor's and might use that. Has slight RPG vibes.
S O K O L
knowledge of comprehension, benevolence, and aesthetics | active | slowly revamping
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
*pops into chat*
hello fellow writers! who else is prepared for massive depressive episodes as they struggle to write their current project?
*pops into chat*
hello fellow writers! who else is prepared for massive depressive episodes as they struggle to write their current project?
Oh, but can't you feel it?! The void, it's calling me- Calling all of us! It wants to eat our souls, so that we never ascend to the heavens, it wants to absorb us! It needs sustenance, so that it may expand and envelop this whole useless world! All that muck and grime, the ooze, it will fill every crevice of reality, and it will change the world into a paradise! All you have to do is live to see it!
And why aren't I scared? Because the void is the afterlife, and I am its Grim Reaper!
@Pyrasaur I'm using C# in unity!! I'm... not good at programming but I've got a stash of tutorials I'm going to watch. But planing out the visuals is fun and productive to do while I don't know how to code it!
@Pyrasaur I'm using C# in unity!! I'm... not good at programming but I've got a stash of tutorials I'm going to watch. But planing out the visuals is fun and productive to do while I don't know how to code it!
mxk5Q9c.pngeGiN2Xv.pngthDLJf3.png
zwkSD6b.png
lJYz6YI.png
kCHWEjf.png
:)
MUYNhfy.png
gp6bQfb.png
HxcMlGn.png
Hello.

Mostly reading and painting currently.

I kind of wish I wasn't so constipated with this editing.
Hello.

Mostly reading and painting currently.

I kind of wish I wasn't so constipated with this editing.
'Why are you frowning?' -Temeraire's first words.
9PO79Ra.png kBLPNEQ.png
@micahjaguar *rolls by* Hello all~ Happy October~ I hatched my first Super-Rare eye bab (*toasts to Amiria*), and he has demanded my monies. Not geneing him up any time soon, but I'm still excited for the plans. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45125829] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/451259/45125829_350.png[/img] [/url] My witchhunt story has officially gone over 110k words, and is still rolling towards the finish line with all the speed and enthusiasm of a soap box car with a squeaky wheel. Too busy writing for college to get it all done in one swoop, but, I'll get there eventually ;-; I've started dipping my toes into sci-fi a little more, too, which will probably be a fun disaster. Will keep all posted. Hope everyone gets that break they need before NaNo. ;-; <3 @Rexcalibur I would like to hear 100% more details on the Neopets story. I love original Neopets material.
@micahjaguar

*rolls by* Hello all~ Happy October~

I hatched my first Super-Rare eye bab (*toasts to Amiria*), and he has demanded my monies. Not geneing him up any time soon, but I'm still excited for the plans.

45125829_350.png

My witchhunt story has officially gone over 110k words, and is still rolling towards the finish line with all the speed and enthusiasm of a soap box car with a squeaky wheel. Too busy writing for college to get it all done in one swoop, but, I'll get there eventually ;-;

I've started dipping my toes into sci-fi a little more, too, which will probably be a fun disaster. Will keep all posted. Hope everyone gets that break they need before NaNo. ;-; <3

@Rexcalibur

I would like to hear 100% more details on the Neopets story. I love original Neopets material.
A gentle soul who likes to help new players. Also called Mawk.

@SadariEvenstar *hugs* I love your new avatar/vista combination! It's so warm and autumny. @LadyRowyn *hugs you just randomly because* *purr* @KallyPaige Tell me about the Brotherband Chronicles and why you like them! @Emberglo Retired! That sounds magnificent. Are you enjoying it? :) @paintminion Good luck with all the Nano stuff! I do like the thy, but she looks good with capsule too. I dunno, I'm still trying to figure out a gene plan (and an outfit!) for her. @MischiefSabre Pokemon Go is awesome. Game writing sounds fun though! That's your major? @pulses So have you started your outline yet :D @Pyrasaur *gets you a blanket and warm tea* I am so sorry you've had such a rough experience. :/ At least the visual programming idea might be fun? Have you enjoyed it so far? @SilverFoxDemon That is a glorious coatl...! @LaraAelric Why is D&D so fun *sweatdrops* @Polymorphus You live! And are still drawing! *admires art* @Rexcaliburr *cheers you on* Check you out, all productive and such! :D @GreatLordHades I have tons of chocolate stockpiled! Pretty much... all the time. >.> @The13Inquisitor Painting sounds good? What are you painting? @MawkishMuse *hugs you* That is a glorious guardian I lurrrrve his many eyes. *pats him* *also cheers on your squeaky-wheel finish* YOU CAN DO IT *cheerleader* **** Okay, that's everyone and... I got nothing, lol. Yesterday was my birthday, I spent it eating cake and reading a book by one of my favorite authors, which hit retailers yesterday. (It's like he knew I needed a present!). After I finish my quota of work for the day that's totally what I'm going to go back to doing. :D Show me your adorable hatchies! I wanna see some! Of my bunch lately I like this skeleboy: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45597505] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/455976/45597505_350.png[/img] [/url] But I also hatched some Beetlejuice-looking children today: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45709259] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/457093/45709259_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45709261] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/457093/45709261_350.png[/img] [/url] 'Tis the season, I guess? *flops to work*
@SadariEvenstar *hugs* I love your new avatar/vista combination! It's so warm and autumny.

@LadyRowyn *hugs you just randomly because* *purr*

@KallyPaige Tell me about the Brotherband Chronicles and why you like them!

@Emberglo Retired! That sounds magnificent. Are you enjoying it? :)

@paintminion Good luck with all the Nano stuff!

I do like the thy, but she looks good with capsule too. I dunno, I'm still trying to figure out a gene plan (and an outfit!) for her.

@MischiefSabre Pokemon Go is awesome. Game writing sounds fun though! That's your major?

@pulses So have you started your outline yet :D

@Pyrasaur *gets you a blanket and warm tea* I am so sorry you've had such a rough experience. :/ At least the visual programming idea might be fun? Have you enjoyed it so far?

@SilverFoxDemon That is a glorious coatl...!

@LaraAelric Why is D&D so fun *sweatdrops*

@Polymorphus You live! And are still drawing! *admires art*

@Rexcaliburr *cheers you on* Check you out, all productive and such! :D

@GreatLordHades I have tons of chocolate stockpiled! Pretty much... all the time. >.>

@The13Inquisitor Painting sounds good? What are you painting?

@MawkishMuse *hugs you* That is a glorious guardian I lurrrrve his many eyes. *pats him* *also cheers on your squeaky-wheel finish* YOU CAN DO IT *cheerleader*

Okay, that's everyone and... I got nothing, lol. Yesterday was my birthday, I spent it eating cake and reading a book by one of my favorite authors, which hit retailers yesterday. (It's like he knew I needed a present!). After I finish my quota of work for the day that's totally what I'm going to go back to doing. :D

Show me your adorable hatchies! I wanna see some! Of my bunch lately I like this skeleboy:

45597505_350.png

But I also hatched some Beetlejuice-looking children today:

45709259_350.png

45709261_350.png

'Tis the season, I guess?

*flops to work*
Traveling Wind Clan! We have toured every Flight in Sornieth!
We completed our round-the-world tour on July 6th, 2020 and are once again home in Wind!

Previous Visits: Wind, Earth, Light, Shadow, Nature, Arcane, Ice, Fire, Water, Lightning, Plague
1 2 3 4 5