Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Rising Thunder - A FR Thread Novel (NEW)
1 2 3
^
^
4fhnuyq.gif.................

- Serena - she/her - ENTJ - author-
Hi, I love the stars and I'm not in Arcane, shocker.
Dragon Search Thread
Wishlist
FR time +2
mK4Wrg9.giftGcXdLv.gif
F8WMfQz.pngeGiN2Xv.png
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/yPL7vcO.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/I5p64Yz.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/oC5paJL.gif[/img][columns][nextcol] [center][img]https://image.ibb.co/gpeo4S/vista_sd1.png[/img][font=Vivaldi][size=6][b][u]Chapter One[/u][/b][/size][/font][img]https://image.ibb.co/kMBAjS/vista_sd1.png[/img] [center][font=garamond][size=4][color=transparent].....[/color][i]"Amoriel! You know better, darling. This is a festival; if you wear anything Fire-related, someone's going to make a fuss!"[/i] The skydancer glared at the echo of her father's call, her eyes flittering down to the flower crown resting in her talons. He wasn't wrong, but she hated wearing soft colors. The bright orange was a much-preferred sight, and matched her fiery eyes well. The rose apparel on her felt sticky, despite the petals silky against her scales, and the banners were scratchy. But she was royalty, a princess to represent her tribe. Her father rushed into the cavern, skidding to a halt in front of her. She sighed as the slip sent a wave of ashy air toward her, sprinkling like dandruff across her elegant outfit. A plume of fire escaped his mouth as he brimmed at her apprearance, straighening his own apparel. "You look lovely." He leaned forward to carefully adjust the rose tucked between her feathers. "You represent our clan well." "Shouldn't we be representing our clan in more of a fiery way?" she grumbled, stepping to the side to avoid his hurrying talons. "You know... because we're a Fire Flight clan? That seems more fitting to me." He didn't respond. Instead, he focused his warm gaze on her, a light smile spreading across his face. He grasped the spot of his heart and tilted his head at the sight of her. "You remind me of your mother." His smile flipped. "Your personality, too. Man. You're a spitting image of her, Amoriel. I'm glad you kept her love for the flames and stayed in our clan." She rushed past him to avoid her father's tears. "I had no choice." Just outside of the cavern etched into a volcanic wall sat a collection of dragons from her clan. Her father must've gathered them, as they sat and chatted, some quiet and reserved. It was a group of select five, her father's most trusted and closest members of the clan. Amoriel, too, had drawn closer to the eccentric group as time ticked on. A tiny fae perked his head up as she bustled out. "Amoriel! Slow down. You're going to hurt yourself in those thorns if you keep running around like that." "Raido, I know better." She sighed and obeyed his commands anyway. "I can't believe I have to wear this just for some miniscule festival, in the grand scheme of things." "Aubin intends well." He glanced back at her father as he hurried out, adjusting the golden silks cloaking his wings. "For you, too. He's trying to lead our clan in the best way he can, really. He's been stressed, lately, at the competition just over the border. He's probably wanting to make some allies at this festival to fend off some of the trespassing Water dragons." Amoriel shut her mouth, and observed the dragons going. There was Ember, of course, the tempered blacksmith of the clan. Ember was a native, and Amoriel was close to her growing up. When her mother was alive, Ember always rushed out next to her, and Amoriel admired her for it. Ember had protected her clan from near bubbling lava for years as a Fornax, but recently retired. A brutality was dealt to innocent Ember's face after a spurt of lava went astray, and Ember hadn't walked the land without her wolf mask since. Celestia tumbled over her with her size. Oh, Celestia. Everyone in the clan enjoyed the cheerful dragon, and that included Aubin. Celestia wore a bright smile everywhere she went, and made the best out of every situation - even if it was when she was stuck within the reaches of the murkiest part of teh Ashfall Waste. In her hands she clutched a deck of tarot cards that she fiddled and shuffled at time to time. Amoriel had never seen her without them. Perhaps they helped her ground herself, or rid of nervousness? Webb was alone in the crows, keeping to himself. Amoriel didn't know Webb much, but Aubin assisted in his raising when he was merely a hatchling. Webb was but little a young dragon, just reaching his prime years. His adoptive mother, Novia, sat beside him and coaxed him with gentle words, as it seemed nervousness was catching ahold of him, too. Novia was a soft soul, and one of Aubin's closest friends. An eccentic group, full of various colors and pigments, breeds and sizes. Amoriel wondered what the rest of the clans would think of their scattered assortment of dragons. "Let's go!" Aubin's voice snatched her out of her daze. "Off to the destination!" Amoriel winced as she flared out her brilliant wings, taking to the skies. The harsh rub of the thorns wasn't pleasant, but she had to make do of it. The wind rushed into her side as she climbed higher and higher after Aubin, but she balanced as if it was as easy as taking a sip of water. But she struggled to keep up with Aubin and his fast wingbeats. Apparently, the rest of the clan did, too. "Wait up!" she called, and he slowed his rushing to drop to her side. "Where are we going, in the first place? Where in Wind is it?" "It's a place called Sunspot Haven," he explained shortly, hurrying. "We're going to be late if we don't rush, and I promised to meet with a couple of clan leaders. Used our messanger to communicate." "What flights?" He paused at first. "You're not going to like this, but Water and Ice." She almost spat at the thought of Aubin meeting with [i]any[/i] dragon from the Water Flight. "Are you [i]serious,[/i] Father? A [i]Water[/i] clan? You know how they act. They're deceptive, and they'll attack at any moment. Backstabbing traitors, they are." He gave her a look. "Amoriel, you had one experience." "An experience that tore the both of us apart," she gritted. He turned his head and glided away from her, almost knocking out Raido in the process. Amoriel flew alone, speeding up so she didn't have to talk to Raido. They were close, but she needed her distance, especially with her wishy-washy father. Plus, the thorns stabbing into her scales weren't making anything better. But it wasn't long before they arrived at their destination, anyway. The town daringly was placed upon the ledges and cliffs of Wind, where a breeze threatened to knock dragons astray. The buildings of the town felt carved into the grown, at the booming pillars and limestone streets. Shacks and carts were scattered across the tiny centre, while flowers involved themselves in every crack in sight. Tucked greenery nestled between stones, and the soft songs of wooden windchimes brushed the wisps of wind and harmonized with the clattering of voices. Aubin didn't even give any of his dragons directions as he landed, taking off toward a pillar in the near distance where a few dragons gathered. He made an attempt to call out to his clanmembers, but no avail as his voice carried with the wind. "So..." Ember started, her eyes peering through her wolf mask. "Should we go explore, then?" "No," Amoriel answered sharply. "Go in groups. Novia, Webb, you two may go explore together. Celestia, Ember, you need to stick together. Raido, come with me." Ember grumbled. "Does Celestia really need a buddy? I'm sure she'll find [i]someone[/i] to talk with." Amoriel eyed her down. She knew better than to leave the fiery dame alone, but Celestia was well-suited off by herself. "If you come with us, yes." "Better than nothing." Ember shrugged. It wasn't long walking before Ember got easily distracted with a nearby merchant. The guardian sat vigilante, keeping a keen eye on her cart. It was stocked with various weapons and swords, filled to the brim with metals. Ember flared out her wings that resembled lava, almost as if to daunt the other female. Amoriel sighed and stepped to the side to let Ember do her thing. Ember lifted a sword into her hand and narrowed her eyes at the guardian. "Do you have any idea how cheap this stuff is?" "It's top quality for us Ice Flighters." The guardian stood, humbling over to her cart. "I'm not sure what you have over there in Fire, but this is a metal that basked in cold waters for years, sturdying the structure of the sword." "How much?" "A hundred thousand treasure?" Ember spread her wings farther. "I could make something like this within ten minutes, dip it in lava, and then harden it by heat. I sell stuff like this for meely ten grand. You're ripping dragons off." Amoriel stepped up. "I apoligize for her behavior, she's a nuisance." The guardian's lips curled, and she tapped her claws on the table. "Let your little friend here speak, I want to know what she has to say about my hard work. She apparently doesn't know much about the quality of these weapons." "Excuse me?" Ember stood taller, despite her small size for a pearlcatcher. "I'm a blacksmith, madam. I've worked with metals my entire life, and I'm quite aquinted to the prices of items. Hopefully you haven't sold any of these to clans today, you'd be ripping them off." "Get away from me!" the guardian snapped. "I refuse to just let you rip people off with the quality of these," Ember continued, hiding her talons behind her wings as they went alight with a plume of flames. "Should I fetch your clan leader? This is unacceptable!" "You will not determine what is and is not acceptable," Amoriel inturrupted, but she was too late. The guardian whirled out from behind the cart, ramming into Amoriel. The peaceful atmosphere was blasted with fire and claws, shrieking and roaring. The dragons took to the sky. Ember, defending herself while grinning at the heated battle, while the other dragon shoving her forward. Amoriel froze. Aubin had left her in charge, and somehow, within ten minutes, Ember had already sparked a fight. But before anyone could step forward and stop them, an astray breeze caught the guardian's wide wings in air, and sent them both flying over the cliff. ***** @Avem @gremlinerd @Joshdaawsome @RawrrLioness @sleepytroll @WishesGranted @Valencis
yPL7vcO.gifI5p64Yz.gifoC5paJL.gif
vista_sd1.pngChapter Onevista_sd1.png
....."Amoriel! You know better, darling. This is a festival; if you wear anything Fire-related, someone's going to make a fuss!"

The skydancer glared at the echo of her father's call, her eyes flittering down to the flower crown resting in her talons. He wasn't wrong, but she hated wearing soft colors. The bright orange was a much-preferred sight, and matched her fiery eyes well. The rose apparel on her felt sticky, despite the petals silky against her scales, and the banners were scratchy. But she was royalty, a princess to represent her tribe.

Her father rushed into the cavern, skidding to a halt in front of her. She sighed as the slip sent a wave of ashy air toward her, sprinkling like dandruff across her elegant outfit. A plume of fire escaped his mouth as he brimmed at her apprearance, straighening his own apparel.

"You look lovely." He leaned forward to carefully adjust the rose tucked between her feathers. "You represent our clan well."

"Shouldn't we be representing our clan in more of a fiery way?" she grumbled, stepping to the side to avoid his hurrying talons. "You know... because we're a Fire Flight clan? That seems more fitting to me."

He didn't respond. Instead, he focused his warm gaze on her, a light smile spreading across his face. He grasped the spot of his heart and tilted his head at the sight of her.

"You remind me of your mother." His smile flipped. "Your personality, too. Man. You're a spitting image of her, Amoriel. I'm glad you kept her love for the flames and stayed in our clan."

She rushed past him to avoid her father's tears. "I had no choice."

Just outside of the cavern etched into a volcanic wall sat a collection of dragons from her clan. Her father must've gathered them, as they sat and chatted, some quiet and reserved. It was a group of select five, her father's most trusted and closest members of the clan. Amoriel, too, had drawn closer to the eccentric group as time ticked on.

A tiny fae perked his head up as she bustled out. "Amoriel! Slow down. You're going to hurt yourself in those thorns if you keep running around like that."

"Raido, I know better." She sighed and obeyed his commands anyway. "I can't believe I have to wear this just for some miniscule festival, in the grand scheme of things."

"Aubin intends well." He glanced back at her father as he hurried out, adjusting the golden silks cloaking his wings. "For you, too. He's trying to lead our clan in the best way he can, really. He's been stressed, lately, at the competition just over the border. He's probably wanting to make some allies at this festival to fend off some of the trespassing Water dragons."

Amoriel shut her mouth, and observed the dragons going.

There was Ember, of course, the tempered blacksmith of the clan. Ember was a native, and Amoriel was close to her growing up. When her mother was alive, Ember always rushed out next to her, and Amoriel admired her for it. Ember had protected her clan from near bubbling lava for years as a Fornax, but recently retired. A brutality was dealt to innocent Ember's face after a spurt of lava went astray, and Ember hadn't walked the land without her wolf mask since.

Celestia tumbled over her with her size. Oh, Celestia. Everyone in the clan enjoyed the cheerful dragon, and that included Aubin. Celestia wore a bright smile everywhere she went, and made the best out of every situation - even if it was when she was stuck within the reaches of the murkiest part of teh Ashfall Waste. In her hands she clutched a deck of tarot cards that she fiddled and shuffled at time to time. Amoriel had never seen her without them. Perhaps they helped her ground herself, or rid of nervousness?

Webb was alone in the crows, keeping to himself. Amoriel didn't know Webb much, but Aubin assisted in his raising when he was merely a hatchling. Webb was but little a young dragon, just reaching his prime years. His adoptive mother, Novia, sat beside him and coaxed him with gentle words, as it seemed nervousness was catching ahold of him, too. Novia was a soft soul, and one of Aubin's closest friends.

An eccentic group, full of various colors and pigments, breeds and sizes. Amoriel wondered what the rest of the clans would think of their scattered assortment of dragons.

"Let's go!" Aubin's voice snatched her out of her daze. "Off to the destination!"

Amoriel winced as she flared out her brilliant wings, taking to the skies. The harsh rub of the thorns wasn't pleasant, but she had to make do of it. The wind rushed into her side as she climbed higher and higher after Aubin, but she balanced as if it was as easy as taking a sip of water.

But she struggled to keep up with Aubin and his fast wingbeats. Apparently, the rest of the clan did, too.

"Wait up!" she called, and he slowed his rushing to drop to her side. "Where are we going, in the first place? Where in Wind is it?"

"It's a place called Sunspot Haven," he explained shortly, hurrying. "We're going to be late if we don't rush, and I promised to meet with a couple of clan leaders. Used our messanger to communicate."

"What flights?"

He paused at first. "You're not going to like this, but Water and Ice."

She almost spat at the thought of Aubin meeting with any dragon from the Water Flight. "Are you serious, Father? A Water clan? You know how they act. They're deceptive, and they'll attack at any moment. Backstabbing traitors, they are."

He gave her a look. "Amoriel, you had one experience."

"An experience that tore the both of us apart," she gritted.

He turned his head and glided away from her, almost knocking out Raido in the process. Amoriel flew alone, speeding up so she didn't have to talk to Raido. They were close, but she needed her distance, especially with her wishy-washy father. Plus, the thorns stabbing into her scales weren't making anything better.

But it wasn't long before they arrived at their destination, anyway. The town daringly was placed upon the ledges and cliffs of Wind, where a breeze threatened to knock dragons astray. The buildings of the town felt carved into the grown, at the booming pillars and limestone streets. Shacks and carts were scattered across the tiny centre, while flowers involved themselves in every crack in sight. Tucked greenery nestled between stones, and the soft songs of wooden windchimes brushed the wisps of wind and harmonized with the clattering of voices.

Aubin didn't even give any of his dragons directions as he landed, taking off toward a pillar in the near distance where a few dragons gathered. He made an attempt to call out to his clanmembers, but no avail as his voice carried with the wind.

"So..." Ember started, her eyes peering through her wolf mask. "Should we go explore, then?"

"No," Amoriel answered sharply. "Go in groups. Novia, Webb, you two may go explore together. Celestia, Ember, you need to stick together. Raido, come with me."

Ember grumbled. "Does Celestia really need a buddy? I'm sure she'll find someone to talk with."

Amoriel eyed her down. She knew better than to leave the fiery dame alone, but Celestia was well-suited off by herself. "If you come with us, yes."

"Better than nothing." Ember shrugged.

It wasn't long walking before Ember got easily distracted with a nearby merchant. The guardian sat vigilante, keeping a keen eye on her cart. It was stocked with various weapons and swords, filled to the brim with metals. Ember flared out her wings that resembled lava, almost as if to daunt the other female. Amoriel sighed and stepped to the side to let Ember do her thing.

Ember lifted a sword into her hand and narrowed her eyes at the guardian. "Do you have any idea how cheap this stuff is?"

"It's top quality for us Ice Flighters." The guardian stood, humbling over to her cart. "I'm not sure what you have over there in Fire, but this is a metal that basked in cold waters for years, sturdying the structure of the sword."

"How much?"

"A hundred thousand treasure?"

Ember spread her wings farther. "I could make something like this within ten minutes, dip it in lava, and then harden it by heat. I sell stuff like this for meely ten grand. You're ripping dragons off."

Amoriel stepped up. "I apoligize for her behavior, she's a nuisance."

The guardian's lips curled, and she tapped her claws on the table. "Let your little friend here speak, I want to know what she has to say about my hard work. She apparently doesn't know much about the quality of these weapons."

"Excuse me?" Ember stood taller, despite her small size for a pearlcatcher. "I'm a blacksmith, madam. I've worked with metals my entire life, and I'm quite aquinted to the prices of items. Hopefully you haven't sold any of these to clans today, you'd be ripping them off."

"Get away from me!" the guardian snapped.

"I refuse to just let you rip people off with the quality of these," Ember continued, hiding her talons behind her wings as they went alight with a plume of flames. "Should I fetch your clan leader? This is unacceptable!"

"You will not determine what is and is not acceptable," Amoriel inturrupted, but she was too late. The guardian whirled out from behind the cart, ramming into Amoriel. The peaceful atmosphere was blasted with fire and claws, shrieking and roaring. The dragons took to the sky. Ember, defending herself while grinning at the heated battle, while the other dragon shoving her forward.

Amoriel froze. Aubin had left her in charge, and somehow, within ten minutes, Ember had already sparked a fight.

But before anyone could step forward and stop them, an astray breeze caught the guardian's wide wings in air, and sent them both flying over the cliff.

@Avem @gremlinerd @Joshdaawsome @RawrrLioness @sleepytroll @WishesGranted @Valencis

Dragon Search Thread
Wishlist
FR time +2
mK4Wrg9.giftGcXdLv.gif
F8WMfQz.pngeGiN2Xv.png
Please add me to the pinglist, this is incredible!
Please add me to the pinglist, this is incredible!
Lore Shop.
Call me Mondo. He/him pronouns please.
Click the Melon!sumerween_gif.gif
@RisingShade Thanks so much, adding you! <3
@RisingShade Thanks so much, adding you! <3

Dragon Search Thread
Wishlist
FR time +2
mK4Wrg9.giftGcXdLv.gif
F8WMfQz.pngeGiN2Xv.png
I'd love to be on the pinglist as well!
I'd love to be on the pinglist as well!
ck2CMHK.gif
@Skyeset Putting you on the pinglist!
@Skyeset Putting you on the pinglist!

Dragon Search Thread
Wishlist
FR time +2
mK4Wrg9.giftGcXdLv.gif
F8WMfQz.pngeGiN2Xv.png
1 2 3