Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The 2018 Flight Rising World Cup FINALS!
1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

Shadow=7 7=Wind
AAAAAAH
*puts the table on its side AGAIn*

Shadow=7 7=Wind
AAAAAAH
*puts the table on its side AGAIn*
xwx

POV YOURE JUST A LITTLE HATER
sHADOW FOR THE WIN!!!!!! 0:
sHADOW FOR THE WIN!!!!!! 0:
pNXrlwy.pngbouncy_fire_flight_by_dogi_crimson-da9o0vp.giftumblr_p1dqd7XVPE1wvvm88o3_100.png
@SecretSkydancer

AHHHHHHHHHH I DIDN'T MISS THE FINALS!
I VOTE FOR SHADOW
I WAS ON HOLIDAY, WOW I DIDN'T MISS IT

Also haha, you put ''Shadow=7 7=Wind'' shouldn't it be lightning xD?
@SecretSkydancer

AHHHHHHHHHH I DIDN'T MISS THE FINALS!
I VOTE FOR SHADOW
I WAS ON HOLIDAY, WOW I DIDN'T MISS IT

Also haha, you put ''Shadow=7 7=Wind'' shouldn't it be lightning xD?
@Zoroark4ever
... yes, I should have XD. Oops.

Shadow=8 7=Lightning.
*throws table around*
AWWW WHAT THE HECK
@Zoroark4ever
... yes, I should have XD. Oops.

Shadow=8 7=Lightning.
*throws table around*
AWWW WHAT THE HECK
xwx

I want Lightning to win today’s match!
I want Lightning to win today’s match!
xxxxx11291.png xxxxxxxxxxx star | she/her | fr +15
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xlxdisplay dragon
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxkillers in the clan
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xlxfriend rising discord
I want Shadow to win!
I want Shadow to win!
Rocky | He/Him | CET [FR+9]
Art Fight | Art Shop
@Babs3 @Maevepanda @G0NE @Shiningbreeze @MeiOrchid @StarsAndMoon @SilentTide @Zoroark4ever @Nightingale11 @Reiyn @Pteranodon Late? Who? I was just giving you all time to vote..! PS: Look for some references in there - especially if you’re a Marvel or Voltron fan like me :3 There’s also one from the Teen Titans GO movie. [center][size=7][color=gold][font=courier]WELCOME TO THE 2018 FLIGHT RISING WORLD CUP FINALS![/size][/color] [img]https://image.ibb.co/hEoErd/12_C3_ADD8_C718_4_BF3_8516_3_E5_C3_B489_C01.png[/img][/center] [color=black] It was finally time. The finals of the 2018 World Cup were at hand, and you’d managed to get, once again thanks to Secret, one of the best seats in the house. Secret herself hadn’t come, due to a “terrible illness,” which was really just her being worried she’d ruin the game for you and break your concentration. Secret had insisted you go without her, handing you a pair of binoculars just in case the seat was really too far away to see the field. It wasn’t; you could see the field wonderfully, and your face had appeared on the Jumbo Tron for a few moments, showing you waving excitedly, pumped for the game. Secret, watching in the department store with the security guards next to her, had seen you and the game in high definition. “See? I told you! That’s my friend!” You waited only for a few more moments before Torch appeared, draped in expensive apparel, much more than she’d previously worn, gliding up to her usual spot to announce the game. [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=41524522&skin=0&apparel=12529,20858,15741,15717,15692,15733,20863,20859&xt=dressing.png[/img] [color=orange]”Alright, everyone! Let’s get pumped up for the WORLD CUP FINALS!! Who’s ready for some epic soccer? Yeah! That’s what I’m here for, too! As you can clearly see, I’m dressed for the game! And so are our awesome players! Let’s give it up for Shadow and Lightning, two incredible teams who definitely deserve to be here, too, along with all of you! For those of you watching at home or at department stores: don’t turn off your TV, it’s gonna be a wild night! Now let’s see our teams!”[/color] As the stadium erupted in cheers, music began to blast from high-definition speakers placed around the stadium. [url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0KYhNyuySw] American Authors - I’m Born To Run[/url] (don’t worry - it has no profanity! I thought it would be a good song to listen to while reading - I listened to it while writing, and it is after all the finals!) Dragons burst out onto the field, displaying their brightly colored jerseys in bright blue and purple, taking their positions. You took out your binoculars and inspected the teams: On Lightning: Volt, Quartz, Tero, Vector, and Nova, with Wanderer as goalie. On Shadow: Nightshade, Pearl, Euripides, Jawed, and Aiki, with Fog as goalie. (All these dragons are in my lair!) Taking a closer look at Aiki in particular, you could see the determination in the Imperial’s features, along with a smidge of nervousness. You couldn’t judge her, if you were about to play the finals of the World Cup, you’d be determined and nervous, too. The whistle blew, and Jawed and Nova battled for the ball, Nova taking control with a smirk. The hooded Pearlcatcher dribbled the ball over to Fog, who, nervous, sent out a wave of calming purple lavender - scented mist, clouding her vision. As the snapper panicked, Nova shot the ball in cleanly behind her, smiling contentedly. Fog glared through the mist, which slowly dissipated, and booted the ball to the other side of the field. Aiki grinned and lifted off the ground, juggling the ball between her wings as she flapped them, nearing the goal. Vector attempted to block her, flying up to intercept, but Aiki easily dodged him gracefully, now upside down. She batted the ball upwards one last time with one of her wings, flipping rightside up once more, and breezily swatted the ball down with her tufted tail. The ball rolled neatly into the goal behind Wanderer, who looked at it with his jaw droppped. Aiki’s face split open in a grin, and she shot the crowd a lazy salute. The crowd roared back, shouting her name encouragingly. [color=orange]”HOLY TOMO! THAT WAS INCREDIBLE! Aiki, I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything quite like that! With the wings, and - and then, the tail... wow! I... I’m speechless! And, you know, that’s pretty rare for me, being the commentator! I’m being payed to talk! Oof, but Wanderer seems to be recovering from that goal, he’s kicked it over to Quartz, who passes to Volt - oof! Looks like he wasn’t quite ready for that! Poor fellow, he completely missed the shot! Fog here’s passing across the field to Nightshade, who’s taking another cookie out of her jersey - where does she get those?! Anyway, that seemed to give her an extra boost of speed - she’s rocketing across the field, I mean really soaring, here - holy cow! If this was an anime, the ball would be on fire! Come on, Wanderer, you can block it, come on... oof! Guess you can’t, then! Oh, well... wait! What in Sornieth are you doing, child? Oh, he’s pulling a Ross! You guys remember, right? He just shot the ball all the way across the fiel - and it’s in! Well, this game certainly is exciting, right? I told you! They’ve tied it 2 - 2!”[/color] As Torch continued to commentate and the players continued to - anime style - kick flaming balls across the field, time seemed to somehow speed up. Fog passed to Aiki, who passed to Euripedes, who scored. Wanderer passed to Vector, who missed off the crossbar, but regained his composure and scored. Pearl, in as much of a rage as the sweet snapper could be in, shot the ball behind Wanderer, who slipped while passing it to his teammates and scored an own goal instead. 5-3, Shadow. Wanderer stood up again and passed to Tero, who, noticing his teammate’s evil look, passed to Nova, who practically teleported across the field and scored, 5-4. Fog, angry, passed to Nightshade, who, high on cookies, scored three goals in a row, 8 - 4. You were snapped out of your thoughts as Torch blew another whistle. [color=orange]”Who’s been enjoying the game so far? I know I have, that’s for sure! Sadly, we’re halfway through the game! Time passes quickly, I know! Anyway, today’s game is sponsored by [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2505141] Do We Have To?![/url] It’s a hilariously ridiculous comic about the dragons who have to save Sornieth! But honestly, couldn’t the large yellow prophet have chosen a... different?...group of dragons? Anyhow, be back in fifteen dobashes, ‘cause we’ve got the finals up in here!”[/color] The fifteen minutes - or “dobashes,” as Torch had called them - consisted of you wishing Secret were here as you waited in line for popcorn. Your friend surely would have done “get help” with you - you holding her and yelling for help - Secret’s hurt! - so the crowd would part and get the medics, including the vendor. Then you and she would steal some wisp fruit flavored frozen custard - as much as you wanted - and flown back to your seats before they got back. Instead, you had to wait in line and actually pay for the overpriced treat. Quiznak. Luckily, the line wasn’t too long, and you got back in time for the game to start up again. [color=orange]”Welcome back to the finals of the 2018 World Cup! We’ve got Shadow leading a huge lead, 8-4, a whole twice as much as Lightning! Will Lightning light up the game and take back the lead, or will Shadow, the dark horse, continue dominating? We’ll find out now! There’s the whistle - woah! Volt’s certainly ready for more! He’s racing across the field, mowing the lawn like a Kaltenecker! Just kidding, I meant a cow. He’s passed to Quartz, his lovely wife - who’s scored! I bet Fog isn’t, ah, [i] feeling so good.[/i] She’s just been scored on for the fifth time! But honestly, Wanderer has to feel worse. Here we have Tero getting the ball straight outta Aiki’s talons - was that a legal move? I doubt Tero cares. Wait - who’s that white dragon on the field? What... what is he doing?”[/color] The game stopped, the dragons slowing to a stop. Sure enough, a white Pearlcatcher stood on the field. [color=purple]”It’s me! Stan Lee! Making my subtle cameo!”[/color] [color=orange]”Um, sir... are you aware this is a soccer game?”[/color] [color=purple]”I don’t care if it’s a soccer game! I love cameos!”[/color] the Pearlcatcher declared, then lifted off out of the stadium. [color=orange]”Um... okay. That was weird. But moving on! It’s-“[/color] Torch was cut off by a whistle. The dragons in purple cheered loudly, clapping each others’ talons and piling on top of each other. Aiki, the Imperial, the striker, had the widest grin on her face as the medals were rolled onto the field. Torch, holding the trophy in her claws, made her way to team Shadow, handing the trophy to Aiki, who let out a loud yell. Shadowbinder herself climbed out of her seat to lift Aiki in the air, then Nightshade, Pearl, Fog, and the rest of her team. This was it. The end. Shadow had won the World Cup.
@Babs3
@Maevepanda
@G0NE
@Shiningbreeze
@MeiOrchid
@StarsAndMoon
@SilentTide
@Zoroark4ever
@Nightingale11
@Reiyn
@Pteranodon
Late? Who? I was just giving you all time to vote..!
PS: Look for some references in there - especially if you’re a Marvel or Voltron fan like me :3 There’s also one from the Teen Titans GO movie.
WELCOME TO THE 2018 FLIGHT RISING WORLD CUP FINALS!
12_C3_ADD8_C718_4_BF3_8516_3_E5_C3_B489_C01.png

It was finally time. The finals of the 2018 World Cup were at hand, and you’d managed to get, once again thanks to Secret, one of the best seats in the house. Secret herself hadn’t come, due to a “terrible illness,” which was really just her being worried she’d ruin the game for you and break your concentration. Secret had insisted you go without her, handing you a pair of binoculars just in case the seat was really too far away to see the field. It wasn’t; you could see the field wonderfully, and your face had appeared on the Jumbo Tron for a few moments, showing you waving excitedly, pumped for the game. Secret, watching in the department store with the security guards next to her, had seen you and the game in high definition.
“See? I told you! That’s my friend!”
You waited only for a few more moments before Torch appeared, draped in expensive apparel, much more than she’d previously worn, gliding up to her usual spot to announce the game.
dragon?did=41524522&skin=0&apparel=12529,20858,15741,15717,15692,15733,20863,20859&xt=dressing.png

”Alright, everyone! Let’s get pumped up for the WORLD CUP FINALS!! Who’s ready for some epic soccer?
Yeah! That’s what I’m here for, too! As you can clearly see, I’m dressed for the game! And so are our awesome players! Let’s give it up for Shadow and Lightning, two incredible teams who definitely deserve to be here, too, along with all of you! For those of you watching at home or at department stores: don’t turn off your TV, it’s gonna be a wild night! Now let’s see our teams!”

As the stadium erupted in cheers, music began to blast from high-definition speakers placed around the stadium.
American Authors - I’m Born To Run (don’t worry - it has no profanity! I thought it would be a good song to listen to while reading - I listened to it while writing, and it is after all the finals!)

Dragons burst out onto the field, displaying their brightly colored jerseys in bright blue and purple, taking their positions. You took out your binoculars and inspected the teams:
On Lightning: Volt, Quartz, Tero, Vector, and Nova, with Wanderer as goalie.
On Shadow: Nightshade, Pearl, Euripides, Jawed, and Aiki, with Fog as goalie. (All these dragons are in my lair!)
Taking a closer look at Aiki in particular, you could see the determination in the Imperial’s features, along with a smidge of nervousness. You couldn’t judge her, if you were about to play the finals of the World Cup, you’d be determined and nervous, too.
The whistle blew, and Jawed and Nova battled for the ball, Nova taking control with a smirk. The hooded Pearlcatcher dribbled the ball over to Fog, who, nervous, sent out a wave of calming purple lavender - scented mist, clouding her vision. As the snapper panicked, Nova shot the ball in cleanly behind her, smiling contentedly. Fog glared through the mist, which slowly dissipated, and booted the ball to the other side of the field. Aiki grinned and lifted off the ground, juggling the ball between her wings as she flapped them, nearing the goal. Vector attempted to block her, flying up to intercept, but Aiki easily dodged him gracefully, now upside down. She batted the ball upwards one last time with one of her wings, flipping rightside up once more, and breezily swatted the ball down with her tufted tail. The ball rolled neatly into the goal behind Wanderer, who looked at it with his jaw droppped. Aiki’s face split open in a grin, and she shot the crowd a lazy salute. The crowd roared back, shouting her name encouragingly.

”HOLY TOMO! THAT WAS INCREDIBLE! Aiki, I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything quite like that! With the wings, and - and then, the tail... wow! I... I’m speechless! And, you know, that’s pretty rare for me, being the commentator! I’m being payed to talk! Oof, but Wanderer seems to be recovering from that goal, he’s kicked it over to Quartz, who passes to Volt - oof! Looks like he wasn’t quite ready for that! Poor fellow, he completely missed the shot! Fog here’s passing across the field to Nightshade, who’s taking another cookie out of her jersey - where does she get those?! Anyway, that seemed to give her an extra boost of speed - she’s rocketing across the field, I mean really soaring, here - holy cow! If this was an anime, the ball would be on fire! Come on, Wanderer, you can block it, come on... oof! Guess you can’t, then! Oh, well... wait! What in Sornieth are you doing, child? Oh, he’s pulling a Ross! You guys remember, right? He just shot the ball all the way across the fiel - and it’s in! Well, this game certainly is exciting, right? I told you! They’ve tied it 2 - 2!”
As Torch continued to commentate and the players continued to - anime style - kick flaming balls across the field, time seemed to somehow speed up. Fog passed to Aiki, who passed to Euripedes, who scored. Wanderer passed to Vector, who missed off the crossbar, but regained his composure and scored. Pearl, in as much of a rage as the sweet snapper could be in, shot the ball behind Wanderer, who slipped while passing it to his teammates and scored an own goal instead. 5-3, Shadow. Wanderer stood up again and passed to Tero, who, noticing his teammate’s evil look, passed to Nova, who practically teleported across the field and scored, 5-4. Fog, angry, passed to Nightshade, who, high on cookies, scored three goals in a row, 8 - 4.
You were snapped out of your thoughts as Torch blew another whistle.

”Who’s been enjoying the game so far? I know I have, that’s for sure! Sadly, we’re halfway through the game! Time passes quickly, I know! Anyway, today’s game is sponsored by Do We Have To?! It’s a hilariously ridiculous comic about the dragons who have to save Sornieth! But honestly, couldn’t the large yellow prophet have chosen a... different?...group of dragons? Anyhow, be back in fifteen dobashes, ‘cause we’ve got the finals up in here!”
The fifteen minutes - or “dobashes,” as Torch had called them - consisted of you wishing Secret were here as you waited in line for popcorn. Your friend surely would have done “get help” with you - you holding her and yelling for help - Secret’s hurt! - so the crowd would part and get the medics, including the vendor. Then you and she would steal some wisp fruit flavored frozen custard - as much as you wanted - and flown back to your seats before they got back.
Instead, you had to wait in line and actually pay for the overpriced treat. Quiznak.
Luckily, the line wasn’t too long, and you got back in time for the game to start up again.

”Welcome back to the finals of the 2018 World Cup! We’ve got Shadow leading a huge lead, 8-4, a whole twice as much as Lightning! Will Lightning light up the game and take back the lead, or will Shadow, the dark horse, continue dominating? We’ll find out now! There’s the whistle - woah! Volt’s certainly ready for more! He’s racing across the field, mowing the lawn like a Kaltenecker! Just kidding, I meant a cow. He’s passed to Quartz, his lovely wife - who’s scored! I bet Fog isn’t, ah, feeling so good. She’s just been scored on for the fifth time! But honestly, Wanderer has to feel worse.
Here we have Tero getting the ball straight outta Aiki’s talons - was that a legal move? I doubt Tero cares. Wait - who’s that white dragon on the field? What... what is he doing?”

The game stopped, the dragons slowing to a stop. Sure enough, a white Pearlcatcher stood on the field.
”It’s me! Stan Lee! Making my subtle cameo!”
”Um, sir... are you aware this is a soccer game?”
”I don’t care if it’s a soccer game! I love cameos!” the Pearlcatcher declared, then lifted off out of the stadium.

”Um... okay. That was weird. But moving on! It’s-“
Torch was cut off by a whistle. The dragons in purple cheered loudly, clapping each others’ talons and piling on top of each other. Aiki, the Imperial, the striker, had the widest grin on her face as the medals were rolled onto the field. Torch, holding the trophy in her claws, made her way to team Shadow, handing the trophy to Aiki, who let out a loud yell. Shadowbinder herself climbed out of her seat to lift Aiki in the air, then Nightshade, Pearl, Fog, and the rest of her team.
This was it. The end. Shadow had won the World Cup.
xwx

@SecretSkydancer

I now need a Stan Lee fandragon to invade every lair lore.

Thank you so much for all this fun! I loved the voting, rooting for your Flight, and your stories always made me smile :) If you ever do something like this again - being it another football related thing, or something completely different - I'd love to be pinged :D
@SecretSkydancer

I now need a Stan Lee fandragon to invade every lair lore.

Thank you so much for all this fun! I loved the voting, rooting for your Flight, and your stories always made me smile :) If you ever do something like this again - being it another football related thing, or something completely different - I'd love to be pinged :D
mpVzeK8.gif l19-m29-m29-book.pngl19-m29-l19-book.pngs8-book.pngm2-book.pngl4-book.pngm23-book.pngs18-book.pngT16.png
ASbXVY4.png
BgfbVh5.gif • She/her
• Fr +9
Wishlist
@Maevepanda
Well... I was thinking of doing an interview with the winners, where everyone could ask questions over the span of a week to the dragons in the wining team - and then I’d write it in a post afterwards.
There’s also the possibility of a second/third place game?
@Maevepanda
Well... I was thinking of doing an interview with the winners, where everyone could ask questions over the span of a week to the dragons in the wining team - and then I’d write it in a post afterwards.
There’s also the possibility of a second/third place game?
xwx

@SecretSkydancer

To be honest, I wouldn't be that interested in the questions and stuff, but see what everyone else thinks! And if it's fun to do for you, sign me up anyways ^^

And aren't second and third place already decided :P
@SecretSkydancer

To be honest, I wouldn't be that interested in the questions and stuff, but see what everyone else thinks! And if it's fun to do for you, sign me up anyways ^^

And aren't second and third place already decided :P
mpVzeK8.gif l19-m29-m29-book.pngl19-m29-l19-book.pngs8-book.pngm2-book.pngl4-book.pngm23-book.pngs18-book.pngT16.png
ASbXVY4.png
BgfbVh5.gif • She/her
• Fr +9
Wishlist
1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37