Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The 2018 Flight Rising World Cup FINALS!
1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 36 37
@Babs3
@Maevepanda
@G0NE
@Shiningbreeze
@MeiOrchid
@StarsAndMoon
@SilentTide
@Zoroark4ever
@Nightingale11
@Reiyn
@Pteranodon
Okay can I just say I am very, very sorry :’( We’re in between two houses, so I had to hold off the game for a while, but here it is!

The semifinals! You were super excited, and once again, you and Secret were visiting the game together. You’d agreed to let her come with you, as long as you didn’t sit next to crazy wind deities. She’d agreed with an apologetic smile, admitting that in reality, she hadn’t meant for it to have gone as far as the hand-biting incident. Luckily, the two of you had gotten as good a set of seats as you could without being next to either the Stormcatcher of the Tidelord, who had, miraculously, shown up.
Fireworks, much larger and colorful than they had been in other games, lit up the night as a familiar Imperial flew her way up to the podium and introduced the game.

”How lucky are we to be here tonight, Sornieth?! And to those of you watching at home: how lucky are we to even be viewing this match at all! All eleven teams have fought hard to reach this point: the semifinals of the 2018 World Cup! Can I get a cheer out of all the avid fans out there? I know you can here me!
Yeah, that’s the spirit! Today we’re in for a shocking matchup: one that certainly will keep you - or rather, the players - on your claws! We have, in electrifying blue, Lightning! They’ve been battling their way to the top four with impressive strategy and speed! And let’s not forget Bossdad’s incredible coaching - the team wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for home!
In the dark turquoise uniforms over here we have Water! Graceful swimmers and powerful runners, they’ve relied more on brute force in this season - and it’s worked, from what I can tell! They’re here tonight, aren’t they? Well done to both teams! And, without further ado, let’s begin the kickoff!
And, as always, Water starts the match! It’s sort of hard to see her in this lighting - but I think that’s Pisces! She’s actually a Wind dragon, but her name says it all - she’s happier in the Water flight for sure! Not to mention, of course, her colors. Definitely more of a Water dragon!
WOOOO! We have the first goal of the night - and I think this might turn into a back-and-forth! The score is 1=0 in Water’s favor, but Bloodwing is taking command! You go girl, score that ball! It’s in! Which turns this into an incredible tie!”

Torch continued her commentary as you and Secret watched. Lune came back and scored another goal, and tried again, but it hit the post and Lightning took advantage of that. Volt scooped up the ball in his black and blue tail, dribbling it over to Quartz, who grinned evilly and smashed it with her back talon into the net, tying the score yet again.
You cheered wildly - Torch was right! This game certainly was exciting - both teams were giving it their all and heading, kneeing, tailing, and kicking the ball all over the court. Blue and... also... blue... clashed head on, and the fluorescent lights illuminated it beautifully, making it look like a really high quality photo at some points.
Before you knew it, Secret patted your arm and pointed to the scoreboard. Your eyes widened - this sure was an exciting game! Both teams had each scored two more points - making the score 4-4, no one’s advantage. For now.

”Whooo! Here it comes again, Water, be careful! Holy steam gyre! Did you guys see that? Did I even see that? Whirlpool just kicked it out of the way... up it goes... hey! You! No flying out of your seat to grab the ball! Oh, it’s coming back down, right in front of Lune! Now’s her chance - it’s in! Incredible! Oh, but Nova did not like that. Did we talk about her yet...? She used to be a star, and when she died, she fell into the Lightning territory. Looks like she’s channeling that power now - it’s almost like she’s glowing! Nothing can stop her now... wait. Are her eyes closed? Of course! Folks, this is where you get to see Nova in action. As a seer, she’s probably going through every possible future timeline right now, as we watch! She’s choosing the right moves at the right times, if she can pull them off. Wait... what is she doing?!”
You had to agree with Torch, and, looking over at Secret, you noticed her peering at Nova, too. She pushed her glasses up and down her nose, trying to make sense of the player’s movements. Nova had risen, with the ball hooked like a pearl under her left talon, and she dropped it. The ball seemed to fall in slow motion and then, Bloodwing, noticing her chance, barreled into it, sending it shooting into the goal. Nova landed gently and high-clawed her teammate.

”This brings us to another fantastic tie, 5-5 - and, of course, half-time. Remember, folks, today’s game is brought to you by the Skincent tattoo parlor. Want something on your scales or feathers you don’t already? We can help! We can give skins and accents, take them away, or just replace them!”
Secret yawned and flew off to get a snack. You called over for her to get you a frozen custard, and she nodded back before continuing. You smiled, you knew several dragons who’d been to Skincent, and they always seemed satisfied. You didn’t know why they felt the need to advertise, though.
The game had already begun and Lightning had scored another goal, and Water was taking their revenge when Secret returned. Your eyes widened at the sheer size of the custard, and Secret added that it was milk free in case you were allergic or lactose intolerant. You smiled and thanked her before digging your spoon into the custard and tasting it. Wisp fruit flavored, your favorite. Secret winked at you and then cheered as Water scored again.

”Woah! This game is just nothing but ties, isn’t it! I hope we don’t have to go into overtime; though that would make things a lot more interesting, we need a winner, people! We’ve already had an overtime game this season, and this is the Semis! I know you want to give it your all, but just! Somebody! Win! Please!
Oh, looks like Lightning heard my plea! Vector’s got the ball, and Wanderer’s in position! Pass to Big W - his name’s too long to say - pass back to Vector - and an awesome shot, scoring it up to 6-7! Careful, folks, you’ve only got a few minutes left!”

You watched as Nova, who’d been quietly defending against Water, suddenly seemed full of energy. She whisked past her teammates, over to Pisces, who was in possession of the ball. Her jersey whipped violently in the wind as the pearlcatcher stopped short, surprising Pisces, and the momentum kept the ball going, letting Nova quickly kick it over to Vector, who took the shot. The trajectory was all wrong, though. It was going at an odd angle, and the goalie, Whirlpool, had a confident look on his face. He was going to catch this ball, and he knew it. Nova smirked, something you hadn’t seen her do at all this game, and ran into the ball’s path tapping it lightly with her back talon. The angle change at such short notice rocketed the ball into the goal, and Whirlpool, the poor guy, looked fundamentally confused, as if someone had just asked him if breathing were really necessary. Vector and the other players of team Lightning shot up into the sky in celebration, letting out whoops as the whistle sounded.

”Incredible! Yet another last-minute shot, this time by Nova! It’s incredible, really how she angles her shots so perfectly under pressure. And that, ladies and gentledergs, is who is going to the finals - team Lightning!”
@Babs3
@Maevepanda
@G0NE
@Shiningbreeze
@MeiOrchid
@StarsAndMoon
@SilentTide
@Zoroark4ever
@Nightingale11
@Reiyn
@Pteranodon
Okay can I just say I am very, very sorry :’( We’re in between two houses, so I had to hold off the game for a while, but here it is!

The semifinals! You were super excited, and once again, you and Secret were visiting the game together. You’d agreed to let her come with you, as long as you didn’t sit next to crazy wind deities. She’d agreed with an apologetic smile, admitting that in reality, she hadn’t meant for it to have gone as far as the hand-biting incident. Luckily, the two of you had gotten as good a set of seats as you could without being next to either the Stormcatcher of the Tidelord, who had, miraculously, shown up.
Fireworks, much larger and colorful than they had been in other games, lit up the night as a familiar Imperial flew her way up to the podium and introduced the game.

”How lucky are we to be here tonight, Sornieth?! And to those of you watching at home: how lucky are we to even be viewing this match at all! All eleven teams have fought hard to reach this point: the semifinals of the 2018 World Cup! Can I get a cheer out of all the avid fans out there? I know you can here me!
Yeah, that’s the spirit! Today we’re in for a shocking matchup: one that certainly will keep you - or rather, the players - on your claws! We have, in electrifying blue, Lightning! They’ve been battling their way to the top four with impressive strategy and speed! And let’s not forget Bossdad’s incredible coaching - the team wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for home!
In the dark turquoise uniforms over here we have Water! Graceful swimmers and powerful runners, they’ve relied more on brute force in this season - and it’s worked, from what I can tell! They’re here tonight, aren’t they? Well done to both teams! And, without further ado, let’s begin the kickoff!
And, as always, Water starts the match! It’s sort of hard to see her in this lighting - but I think that’s Pisces! She’s actually a Wind dragon, but her name says it all - she’s happier in the Water flight for sure! Not to mention, of course, her colors. Definitely more of a Water dragon!
WOOOO! We have the first goal of the night - and I think this might turn into a back-and-forth! The score is 1=0 in Water’s favor, but Bloodwing is taking command! You go girl, score that ball! It’s in! Which turns this into an incredible tie!”

Torch continued her commentary as you and Secret watched. Lune came back and scored another goal, and tried again, but it hit the post and Lightning took advantage of that. Volt scooped up the ball in his black and blue tail, dribbling it over to Quartz, who grinned evilly and smashed it with her back talon into the net, tying the score yet again.
You cheered wildly - Torch was right! This game certainly was exciting - both teams were giving it their all and heading, kneeing, tailing, and kicking the ball all over the court. Blue and... also... blue... clashed head on, and the fluorescent lights illuminated it beautifully, making it look like a really high quality photo at some points.
Before you knew it, Secret patted your arm and pointed to the scoreboard. Your eyes widened - this sure was an exciting game! Both teams had each scored two more points - making the score 4-4, no one’s advantage. For now.

”Whooo! Here it comes again, Water, be careful! Holy steam gyre! Did you guys see that? Did I even see that? Whirlpool just kicked it out of the way... up it goes... hey! You! No flying out of your seat to grab the ball! Oh, it’s coming back down, right in front of Lune! Now’s her chance - it’s in! Incredible! Oh, but Nova did not like that. Did we talk about her yet...? She used to be a star, and when she died, she fell into the Lightning territory. Looks like she’s channeling that power now - it’s almost like she’s glowing! Nothing can stop her now... wait. Are her eyes closed? Of course! Folks, this is where you get to see Nova in action. As a seer, she’s probably going through every possible future timeline right now, as we watch! She’s choosing the right moves at the right times, if she can pull them off. Wait... what is she doing?!”
You had to agree with Torch, and, looking over at Secret, you noticed her peering at Nova, too. She pushed her glasses up and down her nose, trying to make sense of the player’s movements. Nova had risen, with the ball hooked like a pearl under her left talon, and she dropped it. The ball seemed to fall in slow motion and then, Bloodwing, noticing her chance, barreled into it, sending it shooting into the goal. Nova landed gently and high-clawed her teammate.

”This brings us to another fantastic tie, 5-5 - and, of course, half-time. Remember, folks, today’s game is brought to you by the Skincent tattoo parlor. Want something on your scales or feathers you don’t already? We can help! We can give skins and accents, take them away, or just replace them!”
Secret yawned and flew off to get a snack. You called over for her to get you a frozen custard, and she nodded back before continuing. You smiled, you knew several dragons who’d been to Skincent, and they always seemed satisfied. You didn’t know why they felt the need to advertise, though.
The game had already begun and Lightning had scored another goal, and Water was taking their revenge when Secret returned. Your eyes widened at the sheer size of the custard, and Secret added that it was milk free in case you were allergic or lactose intolerant. You smiled and thanked her before digging your spoon into the custard and tasting it. Wisp fruit flavored, your favorite. Secret winked at you and then cheered as Water scored again.

”Woah! This game is just nothing but ties, isn’t it! I hope we don’t have to go into overtime; though that would make things a lot more interesting, we need a winner, people! We’ve already had an overtime game this season, and this is the Semis! I know you want to give it your all, but just! Somebody! Win! Please!
Oh, looks like Lightning heard my plea! Vector’s got the ball, and Wanderer’s in position! Pass to Big W - his name’s too long to say - pass back to Vector - and an awesome shot, scoring it up to 6-7! Careful, folks, you’ve only got a few minutes left!”

You watched as Nova, who’d been quietly defending against Water, suddenly seemed full of energy. She whisked past her teammates, over to Pisces, who was in possession of the ball. Her jersey whipped violently in the wind as the pearlcatcher stopped short, surprising Pisces, and the momentum kept the ball going, letting Nova quickly kick it over to Vector, who took the shot. The trajectory was all wrong, though. It was going at an odd angle, and the goalie, Whirlpool, had a confident look on his face. He was going to catch this ball, and he knew it. Nova smirked, something you hadn’t seen her do at all this game, and ran into the ball’s path tapping it lightly with her back talon. The angle change at such short notice rocketed the ball into the goal, and Whirlpool, the poor guy, looked fundamentally confused, as if someone had just asked him if breathing were really necessary. Vector and the other players of team Lightning shot up into the sky in celebration, letting out whoops as the whistle sounded.

”Incredible! Yet another last-minute shot, this time by Nova! It’s incredible, really how she angles her shots so perfectly under pressure. And that, ladies and gentledergs, is who is going to the finals - team Lightning!”
xwx

POV YOURE JUST A LITTLE HATER
@Maevepanda @Babs3 @AliaEli3 @2by2 @G0NE @MeiOrchid @StarsAndMoon @SilentTide @TheWaterfront @Zoroark4ever @Nightingale11 @Reiyn @Pteranodon [color=green] Continuing with the, *ahem,* [size=6]SEMIFINALS,[/size] let’s get this next show on the road! Today’s match is [img]http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i15/kajisa3000/shadow3_zpsqsg8s8wa.gif[/img] VS [img]http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i15/kajisa3000/wind15_zpsjqmnxnmv.gif[/img] It’s time to vote! Let’s GO(al)!
@Maevepanda
@Babs3
@AliaEli3
@2by2
@G0NE
@MeiOrchid
@StarsAndMoon
@SilentTide
@TheWaterfront
@Zoroark4ever
@Nightingale11
@Reiyn
@Pteranodon

Continuing with the, *ahem,* SEMIFINALS, let’s get this next show on the road!

Today’s match is

shadow3_zpsqsg8s8wa.gif

VS

wind15_zpsjqmnxnmv.gif

It’s time to vote! Let’s GO(al)!
xwx

POV YOURE JUST A LITTLE HATER
@SecretSkydancer

No worries! Hope everything will go okay ^^

*puts on fancy accent*
Highest compliments for the delightful narrative, as always ~

and yesss bye bye water

I want WIND to win today’s match!
@SecretSkydancer

No worries! Hope everything will go okay ^^

*puts on fancy accent*
Highest compliments for the delightful narrative, as always ~

and yesss bye bye water

mpVzeK8.gif l19-m29-m29-book.pngl19-m29-l19-book.pngs8-book.pngm2-book.pngl4-book.pngm23-book.pngs18-book.pngT16.png
ASbXVY4.png
BgfbVh5.gif • She/her
• Fr +9
Wishlist
Finally someone other then water wins lol
It's completely fine, no worries about this being delayed :)

Finally someone other then water wins lol
It's completely fine, no worries about this being delayed :)

I want Shadow to win today’s match! shadow shadow shadow shadow shadow
I want Shadow to win today’s match! shadow shadow shadow shadow shadow
8ImAmVl.png
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Wishlist
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Hatchery
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Sales
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif stuff

Wind=2 1=Shadow

And we’re off!

Wind=2 1=Shadow

And we’re off!