Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Old Thread, do not post
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 24 25
More owl-y things [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/5da8/f/2018/185/f/1/monkey_owl_by_relzolu-dcg9ior.jpg[/img]

More owl-y things

monkey_owl_by_relzolu-dcg9ior.jpg
lF5nfl9.png tShJXZX.png
I was aiming for something insect like and ended up with cat bird and some other weird stuff. ¯\_(?)_/¯ But I kinda like it. Not sure what kind of body to stick it on, but I tried. [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/d791/f/2018/191/5/e/cat_bird_alien_concept_by_relzolu-dcgv7le.jpg[/img]
I was aiming for something insect like and ended up with cat bird and some other weird stuff. ¯\_(?)_/¯

But I kinda like it. Not sure what kind of body to stick it on, but I tried.

cat_bird_alien_concept_by_relzolu-dcgv7le.jpg
lF5nfl9.png tShJXZX.png
I come up with the idea for this thing while I was trying to doze off at night and got up to sketch it real quick, then finished it the next day. I didn't know what to do with it so I smashed a bunch of letters together and came up with "Nargalorp". The colors came out kinda gross through the scanner. [img]https://img00.deviantart.net/beff/i/2018/205/1/d/nargalorp_by_relzolu-dci5htg.jpg[/img]
I come up with the idea for this thing while I was trying to doze off at night and got up to sketch it real quick, then finished it the next day. I didn't know what to do with it so I smashed a bunch of letters together and came up with "Nargalorp".
The colors came out kinda gross through the scanner.

nargalorp_by_relzolu-dci5htg.jpg
lF5nfl9.png tShJXZX.png
Did someone say
HeckIN AMAZING ART
‘Cause that’s what I see right here
Did someone say
HeckIN AMAZING ART
‘Cause that’s what I see right here
xwx

POV YOURE JUST A LITTLE HATER
@SecretSkydancer - Thank you so much for the compliment! I'm glad you like my stuff! ^^
@SecretSkydancer - Thank you so much for the compliment! I'm glad you like my stuff! ^^
lF5nfl9.png tShJXZX.png
I make something I kinda like and proceed to ruin it when I try to color it. Bah. Just some ideas for fishy alien people I doodled up. Like the idea and might go back to it some time. [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/0346/f/2018/212/6/3/fishy_people_sketches_by_relzolu-dciugff.jpg[/img]
I make something I kinda like and proceed to ruin it when I try to color it. Bah.

Just some ideas for fishy alien people I doodled up. Like the idea and might go back to it some time.

fishy_people_sketches_by_relzolu-dciugff.jpg
lF5nfl9.png tShJXZX.png
@Reltseo
What are you talking about? It looks great! I love the design :3
I think it's just that the graphite and the colour pencils mix together to make murky colours. Try lining it in pen, rubbing out the pencil and then colouring perhaps.
@Reltseo
What are you talking about? It looks great! I love the design :3
I think it's just that the graphite and the colour pencils mix together to make murky colours. Try lining it in pen, rubbing out the pencil and then colouring perhaps.
tumblr_opn7kiKzTA1wnxxc9o1_100.pngfT9pA9Y.gifHW6ASYa.png07_SuperNinjaDragon.giftumblr_opn6d7mJiG1wnxxc9o1_100.png
@SuperNinjaDragon - Thank you!

I usually do erase the pencil markers and then do the color and outline, but I wanted to try just going right to colored pencil and see what happened. Didn't work out. I can get away with being lazy when I use markers but not colored pencils I guess.

Also I knew I should have gone with purple instead of that weird green-yellow color. :P
@SuperNinjaDragon - Thank you!

I usually do erase the pencil markers and then do the color and outline, but I wanted to try just going right to colored pencil and see what happened. Didn't work out. I can get away with being lazy when I use markers but not colored pencils I guess.

Also I knew I should have gone with purple instead of that weird green-yellow color. :P
lF5nfl9.png tShJXZX.png
@Reltseo Personally, i like how it looks on the pencil, but then again this is also how i do some of my art. And depending on where the creature would live, the green-yellow works well for them as a camouflaging color. :)
@Reltseo Personally, i like how it looks on the pencil, but then again this is also how i do some of my art. And depending on where the creature would live, the green-yellow works well for them as a camouflaging color. :)
@MythicalMemeLord - Thanks for the comment! I was think more that the bright colors would be more of a display thing, but that could work too. :)
@MythicalMemeLord - Thanks for the comment! I was think more that the bright colors would be more of a display thing, but that could work too. :)
lF5nfl9.png tShJXZX.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 24 25