Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | sub-flight deities (lore and sketching!)
So I for one have absolutely fallen in unironic love with the subflights, and have decided it's worth digging my tablet out for... Anyone care to join me in drawing the deities? Or giving suggestions as to which one I should draw next?? I figure we can also brainstorm on the deities, too ? I for one would love to get some fake lore going to work with ;D So far I've sketched Blizzardpreyer a few times! [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/328722250557816832/430143290382352394/unknown.png[/img][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/328722250557816832/430157407747047424/unknown.png[/img]
So I for one have absolutely fallen in unironic love with the subflights, and have decided it's worth digging my tablet out for...
Anyone care to join me in drawing the deities? Or giving suggestions as to which one I should draw next??

I figure we can also brainstorm on the deities, too ? I for one would love to get some fake lore going to work with ;D

So far I've sketched Blizzardpreyer a few times!

unknown.pngunknown.png
tumblr_oznjwjuICW1w8xkufo8_250.png
@thace
Idk if you wanted to know or not but i figured i'd give ya a ping bc I Am Drawing As Many Boys as I have energy for lmaoooooo
I've finished a colored headsketch and a fullbody sketch of the famine deity, but idk if i should post it since it looks kinda nasty? I put her neck bones comin' out a bit, but its pretty crudely sketched so idk lmaooo

edit: i think i double pinged ya, sorry
@thace
Idk if you wanted to know or not but i figured i'd give ya a ping bc I Am Drawing As Many Boys as I have energy for lmaoooooo
I've finished a colored headsketch and a fullbody sketch of the famine deity, but idk if i should post it since it looks kinda nasty? I put her neck bones comin' out a bit, but its pretty crudely sketched so idk lmaooo

edit: i think i double pinged ya, sorry
@casanovasAnchor I love this! You should totally post it, I'm invested in this now.

I think Blizzardpreyer would have been born out of one of the unnatural storms during BotE. (I think all the sub-deities would be new and just figuring things out.) She's a hot mess and doesn't really do much except eat snow and scream, but we all love the crazy aunt anyway.
@casanovasAnchor I love this! You should totally post it, I'm invested in this now.

I think Blizzardpreyer would have been born out of one of the unnatural storms during BotE. (I think all the sub-deities would be new and just figuring things out.) She's a hot mess and doesn't really do much except eat snow and scream, but we all love the crazy aunt anyway.
dDVbBvO.pngaOKWJGu.gif
@thace oohhhh i like that, she could be the patron of survival in storms, and predators? Like a snowy owl kinda vibe ? she's both beautiful and cruel in a way only nature can be, not cruel for cruelty's sake, but because it's in her nature?? idk i'll be honest I kinda love her uhhh feastender was the name of the famine deity i think!! my sketches for her are a bit plain, but i think the design is ok (if again, dull) [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/328722250557816832/430199897250070550/unknown.png[/img] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/328722250557816832/430199982457356322/unknown.png[/img] she thrives on lean times and turns her weaknesses into strengths- similar to those lizards that do nasty things to freak out predators, she turns her famine into a weapon? that's my thought at least! im about to head to bed, but i have nothing going on tomorrow! i can get more going then, i just don't know who to do next! I'm thinking maybe some of the arcane deities (maybe aberration or whatever that one was??? it sounds unsettling and I high-key love that)
@thace
oohhhh i like that, she could be the patron of survival in storms, and predators? Like a snowy owl kinda vibe ? she's both beautiful and cruel in a way only nature can be, not cruel for cruelty's sake, but because it's in her nature?? idk i'll be honest I kinda love her

uhhh feastender was the name of the famine deity i think!! my sketches for her are a bit plain, but i think the design is ok (if again, dull)
unknown.png
unknown.png
she thrives on lean times and turns her weaknesses into strengths- similar to those lizards that do nasty things to freak out predators, she turns her famine into a weapon? that's my thought at least!

im about to head to bed, but i have nothing going on tomorrow! i can get more going then, i just don't know who to do next! I'm thinking maybe some of the arcane deities (maybe aberration or whatever that one was??? it sounds unsettling and I high-key love that)
psst there's a decent list [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2409107/5#post_32479096]here[/url]. That whole thread is a mess of good stuff. [quote name="@casanovasAnchor" date="2018-04-01 20:05:51" ] @/thace oohhhh i like that, she could be the patron of survival in storms, and predators? Like a snowy owl kinda vibe ? she's both beautiful and cruel in a way only nature can be, not cruel for cruelty's sake, but because it's in her nature?? idk i'll be honest I kinda love her[/quote] I like this a lot. I like seeing Ice as beautiful but tough. I think the overall vibe I get from Ice lore and deities is one of a graceful and cruel stepmother, like in fairy tales? She'd be beautiful, but expresses tough love; teaching self-reliance to her children. She's kind of detached, but they love her for forcing them to learn to survive in the harsh environments. [quote name="casanovasAnchor" date="2018-04-01 20:05:51" ]uhhh feastender was the name of the famine deity i think!! my sketches for her are a bit plain, but i think the design is ok (if again, dull) [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/328722250557816832/430199897250070550/unknown.png[/img] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/328722250557816832/430199982457356322/unknown.png[/img] she thrives on lean times and turns her weaknesses into strengths- similar to those lizards that do nasty things to freak out predators, she turns her famine into a weapon? that's my thought at least! [/quote] I like the design a lot. She really reminds me of a character, but I can't remember who it is... I get a sense that she's very headstrong. Obstinate.
psst there's a decent list here. That whole thread is a mess of good stuff.
@casanovasAnchor wrote on 2018-04-01 20:05:51:
@/thace
oohhhh i like that, she could be the patron of survival in storms, and predators? Like a snowy owl kinda vibe ? she's both beautiful and cruel in a way only nature can be, not cruel for cruelty's sake, but because it's in her nature?? idk i'll be honest I kinda love her
I like this a lot. I like seeing Ice as beautiful but tough. I think the overall vibe I get from Ice lore and deities is one of a graceful and cruel stepmother, like in fairy tales? She'd be beautiful, but expresses tough love; teaching self-reliance to her children. She's kind of detached, but they love her for forcing them to learn to survive in the harsh environments.
casanovasAnchor wrote on 2018-04-01 20:05:51:
uhhh feastender was the name of the famine deity i think!! my sketches for her are a bit plain, but i think the design is ok (if again, dull)
unknown.png
unknown.png
she thrives on lean times and turns her weaknesses into strengths- similar to those lizards that do nasty things to freak out predators, she turns her famine into a weapon? that's my thought at least!
I like the design a lot. She really reminds me of a character, but I can't remember who it is... I get a sense that she's very headstrong. Obstinate.
dDVbBvO.pngaOKWJGu.gif