Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Art Dump - Feedback is Appreciated!
1 2 3 4
@WolfTastic
I like your art, the way you draw dragons is especially cute! And I like the soft lineart and shading you use in your art, it looks nice.

To add to what the other person said earlier about same face syndrome, I find that a good way to make your characters more unique is by playing around with the shapes of noses! They take up so much of the face that it's an easy way to combat all your characters looking the same. Noses can be big, small, pointy, round, etc! This might be a good reference to use?

But I can see that you're improving! Good luck with your artistic endeavours :)
@WolfTastic
I like your art, the way you draw dragons is especially cute! And I like the soft lineart and shading you use in your art, it looks nice.

To add to what the other person said earlier about same face syndrome, I find that a good way to make your characters more unique is by playing around with the shapes of noses! They take up so much of the face that it's an easy way to combat all your characters looking the same. Noses can be big, small, pointy, round, etc! This might be a good reference to use?

But I can see that you're improving! Good luck with your artistic endeavours :)
Spooky
she/they
+2 FR time
Breed Out the Ugly

F5HKDa0.png
@texaspooky ty ty ^^
@texaspooky ty ty ^^
Kaito%20mini%20sit.png
! tokii !
(she/they)
art hobbyist
---
Carrd
Toyhouse
74982257_RhURIxj7VSkwSd5.gif
Oh wow... It's been a while since I posted in my dump, huh? Well.. Here's my most recent fully-finished drawing :> [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/422471477867053088/642557822311071777/Kadijiro_Practice.png[/img]
Oh wow... It's been a while since I posted in my dump, huh? Well.. Here's my most recent fully-finished drawing :>

Kadijiro_Practice.png
Kaito%20mini%20sit.png
! tokii !
(she/they)
art hobbyist
---
Carrd
Toyhouse
@tokaiiu

heh, i posted a comment, but the thing was, i only looked at the first thread page and didn't see how much you've improved XD

i kept thinking to myself, you should look at the other pages before you post!, but i didn't until now lol...

honestly, i think your art is amazing! keep up the good work my friend C;
@tokaiiu

heh, i posted a comment, but the thing was, i only looked at the first thread page and didn't see how much you've improved XD

i kept thinking to myself, you should look at the other pages before you post!, but i didn't until now lol...

honestly, i think your art is amazing! keep up the good work my friend C;
VxOtqjN.pngVoQaqlF.png
@tokaiiu

Okay, so I've got a few comments:

1) The improvement over time is clear! Almost two years to the date, and it looks like you've really diversified your hair styles, cleaned up your lines, and worked on shading a lot!
2) I'm loving your newest piece so much~ T^T The lines, color, and shading are all soooo clean- The best out of everything you've posted, I think. Your facial structure and general anatomy has gotten a lot better. The chin and neck especially! And the expression you drew is top-notch! It conveys a lot of personality while keeping things simple.
3) I'm seeing a lot of attention to detail in the hair on this piece, too. Your Bakugo & Kirishima piece had a ton of detail in the hair, but this newest piece has definitely found a balance. Not too many locks, just enough shine. It's simple and clean and I love it!
4) If I wasn't saving up for a Light Sprite, I'd definitely pay your art shop a visit! This newest piece has me wanting commissions ;v;

Hope some of this was helpful! I really think your art is going great!
@tokaiiu

Okay, so I've got a few comments:

1) The improvement over time is clear! Almost two years to the date, and it looks like you've really diversified your hair styles, cleaned up your lines, and worked on shading a lot!
2) I'm loving your newest piece so much~ T^T The lines, color, and shading are all soooo clean- The best out of everything you've posted, I think. Your facial structure and general anatomy has gotten a lot better. The chin and neck especially! And the expression you drew is top-notch! It conveys a lot of personality while keeping things simple.
3) I'm seeing a lot of attention to detail in the hair on this piece, too. Your Bakugo & Kirishima piece had a ton of detail in the hair, but this newest piece has definitely found a balance. Not too many locks, just enough shine. It's simple and clean and I love it!
4) If I wasn't saving up for a Light Sprite, I'd definitely pay your art shop a visit! This newest piece has me wanting commissions ;v;

Hope some of this was helpful! I really think your art is going great!
A gentle soul who likes to help new players. Also called Mawk.

Critiques?! ;D @tokaiiu I'm seeing your art improving over the years - and I'm loving it! I'm glad you are asking for critiques, I'm hoping your art continues to get better and better! :D That said...I'm going to launch right into it and give critiques! Good effort on the skydancer, but I reckon you can do with more anatomy studies as well, drawing the underlying muscles of the derg! I drew this over, going to say I'm still learning at his, and I'm following dog muscles for the forearms. [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/621290342817333270/690812141099548742/unknown.png[/img] Wings and wing muscles are following Ciameth's tutorial on dA - [url]https://www.deviantart.com/ciameth/art/Ciameth-s-Wing-Tutorial-259586003[/url] Scroll right to the bottom and you can see how she chucks the wing muscles on the griffin. Most of the tutorials are meant for feathered wings, but the muscles definitely plays a part for dragons, as they are six-limbed hexapods. Shadows - It feels like you make things blacker instead of adding a colour shift. Colour shift example! Left's got a colour shift where shadows tend to be blue/pinks, while right's got no colour shift. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/621290342817333270/690816606707646494/unknown.png[/img] There's definitely pluses and minuses but typically you would like some sort of colour shift because it makes a picture more vibrant. If you are using overlay and multiply to shade your derg, I'll suggest grey-yellow for overlay and grey-blue for your multiply layer to get those colour shifts! I'll skip hooman because I'm not good at hooman
Critiques?! ;D

@tokaiiu I'm seeing your art improving over the years - and I'm loving it! I'm glad you are asking for critiques, I'm hoping your art continues to get better and better! :D

That said...I'm going to launch right into it and give critiques!

Good effort on the skydancer, but I reckon you can do with more anatomy studies as well, drawing the underlying muscles of the derg!
I drew this over, going to say I'm still learning at his, and I'm following dog muscles for the forearms.
unknown.png

Wings and wing muscles are following Ciameth's tutorial on dA - https://www.deviantart.com/ciameth/art/Ciameth-s-Wing-Tutorial-259586003
Scroll right to the bottom and you can see how she chucks the wing muscles on the griffin. Most of the tutorials are meant for feathered wings, but the muscles definitely plays a part for dragons, as they are six-limbed hexapods.

Shadows - It feels like you make things blacker instead of adding a colour shift.

Colour shift example!
Left's got a colour shift where shadows tend to be blue/pinks, while right's got no colour shift.
unknown.png
There's definitely pluses and minuses but typically you would like some sort of colour shift because it makes a picture more vibrant.

If you are using overlay and multiply to shade your derg, I'll suggest grey-yellow for overlay and grey-blue for your multiply layer to get those colour shifts!

I'll skip hooman because I'm not good at hooman
Ah thank you all for the replies! I don't know how my thread resurfaced but tysm ;; @MawkishMuse Thank you for all the positive comments, it really makes me feel better about my art :D @Electrifying tysm for the anatomy and shading tips, I still have a hard time with dragon anatomy but I'm trying to get there! I agree with the shading too, I have started doing colour shifts a bit more as well instead of just going darker~ In addition to this, I did actually redraw the second picture on my first post after two years!! 3 / 20 / 2018 [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/527415225712902177/691115417275727922/Corrupted_Keith.png[/img] 3 / 21 / 2020 [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/527415225712902177/691115439891284029/Corrupted_Keith_2020_Redraw.png[/img] Hopefully I can be more active on here with my art~
Ah thank you all for the replies! I don't know how my thread resurfaced but tysm ;;

@MawkishMuse

Thank you for all the positive comments, it really makes me feel better about my art :D

@Electrifying

tysm for the anatomy and shading tips, I still have a hard time with dragon anatomy but I'm trying to get there! I agree with the shading too, I have started doing colour shifts a bit more as well instead of just going darker~

In addition to this, I did actually redraw the second picture on my first post after two years!!

3 / 20 / 2018
Corrupted_Keith.png

3 / 21 / 2020
Corrupted_Keith_2020_Redraw.png

Hopefully I can be more active on here with my art~
Kaito%20mini%20sit.png
! tokii !
(she/they)
art hobbyist
---
Carrd
Toyhouse
@tokaiiu Ahhhh I should have looked at the dates before I drew over them! Your human's definitely so much better now!
@tokaiiu Ahhhh I should have looked at the dates before I drew over them! Your human's definitely so much better now!
@Electrifying
wah tysm ^^

edit: may i ask what you mean by drew over them, btw ?
@Electrifying
wah tysm ^^

edit: may i ask what you mean by drew over them, btw ?
Kaito%20mini%20sit.png
! tokii !
(she/they)
art hobbyist
---
Carrd
Toyhouse
@tokaiiu The red lines outlining the muscles. Got any recent fullbody dergs by the way? I wanna see the improvement!
@tokaiiu The red lines outlining the muscles. Got any recent fullbody dergs by the way? I wanna see the improvement!
1 2 3 4