Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Dragon Writers of March!
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 16
@SilverFoxDemon
I've found it's always dangerous to toy around with characters you aren't really ready to commit to. Give 'em an inch and they take a mile, you know? My best friend went to reboot her webcomic and started planning the sequel in the meantime. I warned her, but she was like, 'Nah, I'm just planning. Not actually gonna write it yet'.

Now she's working on that comic instead of the original one.
@SilverFoxDemon
I've found it's always dangerous to toy around with characters you aren't really ready to commit to. Give 'em an inch and they take a mile, you know? My best friend went to reboot her webcomic and started planning the sequel in the meantime. I warned her, but she was like, 'Nah, I'm just planning. Not actually gonna write it yet'.

Now she's working on that comic instead of the original one.
@ScrivenerRook
Pffft. That sounds like a riot :') My characters always do this to me though, I have so many I need to develop but then I get some who demand ALL THE ATTENTION and...
They're just rude.

I'm ALMOST to the stopping point I want to be at with this story, and then...well, knowing me, I'll never get back to it because someone else will stroll into my life and demand a huge story of their own...
@ScrivenerRook
Pffft. That sounds like a riot :') My characters always do this to me though, I have so many I need to develop but then I get some who demand ALL THE ATTENTION and...
They're just rude.

I'm ALMOST to the stopping point I want to be at with this story, and then...well, knowing me, I'll never get back to it because someone else will stroll into my life and demand a huge story of their own...
80757570p.png 77134736p.png
@SilverFoxDemon

I know that feeling. I've done NaNo... Five times now? (And fully intend to write something shiny and new this year, though I don't know what that'll be yet) This is the first novel I've actually tried to edit.
@SilverFoxDemon

I know that feeling. I've done NaNo... Five times now? (And fully intend to write something shiny and new this year, though I don't know what that'll be yet) This is the first novel I've actually tried to edit.
@ScrivenerRook
I can't see myself ever actually writing a full book, but I'd like to try one day. I love writing, but I'm not so fantastic at it ahah. Not to mention I can never seem to finish lore...I've got several characters waiting for their lore to be finished but I haven't done it yet :')
@ScrivenerRook
I can't see myself ever actually writing a full book, but I'd like to try one day. I love writing, but I'm not so fantastic at it ahah. Not to mention I can never seem to finish lore...I've got several characters waiting for their lore to be finished but I haven't done it yet :')
@SilverFoxDemon
Try it! The first time I did NaNo... I swear. It's probably one of the worst books ever written. So try it! If it sucks (spoiler alert, it will), you can only get better from there, right? Plus, it's fun!
@SilverFoxDemon
Try it! The first time I did NaNo... I swear. It's probably one of the worst books ever written. So try it! If it sucks (spoiler alert, it will), you can only get better from there, right? Plus, it's fun!
@ScrivenerRook
I honestly can't see myself having enough time to write that much unless I lose my job or something, but it's something I'd love to attempt one day :) Maybe not a full novel, but a longer story than any I've done so far...that could be fun.
@ScrivenerRook
I honestly can't see myself having enough time to write that much unless I lose my job or something, but it's something I'd love to attempt one day :) Maybe not a full novel, but a longer story than any I've done so far...that could be fun.
@ScrivenerRook

That makes sense! I wish you luck avoiding spoilers! I sometimes stumble across them myself! And don't worry, you won't get any spoilers from me. I grew up in a family that is very adamant about avoiding spoilers, so I know how to keep spoilers secret!
@ScrivenerRook

That makes sense! I wish you luck avoiding spoilers! I sometimes stumble across them myself! And don't worry, you won't get any spoilers from me. I grew up in a family that is very adamant about avoiding spoilers, so I know how to keep spoilers secret!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@SilverFoxDemon
Well, I'd never wish that on you. But it's still incredible how much you can do with just a little bit of time a day, so allow me to encourage you to keep on writing however much you can!

@Petall
See, what's funny is that I don't care so much about spoilers for myself. I'm pretty good at seeing where a story's going and (I've checked this with my sister) Even this early on, I've already managed to correctly call a character's death. But half of the fun for my brother is watching me try to figure everything out. So I should avoid spoilers for his sake.
@SilverFoxDemon
Well, I'd never wish that on you. But it's still incredible how much you can do with just a little bit of time a day, so allow me to encourage you to keep on writing however much you can!

@Petall
See, what's funny is that I don't care so much about spoilers for myself. I'm pretty good at seeing where a story's going and (I've checked this with my sister) Even this early on, I've already managed to correctly call a character's death. But half of the fun for my brother is watching me try to figure everything out. So I should avoid spoilers for his sake.
@ScrivenerRook I started watching Fullmetal Alchemist, it was interesting. But I think I lost interest, I only got past like 20 episodes maybe.
I, for some reason, love to hear spoilers about a movie or TV show I'm excited, my brother on the otherhand, doesn't want me to have spoilers.

Welp, the long chapter I was working on got too long for me. I split it into two parts!
@ScrivenerRook I started watching Fullmetal Alchemist, it was interesting. But I think I lost interest, I only got past like 20 episodes maybe.
I, for some reason, love to hear spoilers about a movie or TV show I'm excited, my brother on the otherhand, doesn't want me to have spoilers.

Welp, the long chapter I was working on got too long for me. I split it into two parts!
52030.png
101.png
» Soulthreads
wishlist
dragons for sale
X
X
x
ed6b66583d31e626062d0eb47937ce359a118f7e.png
@ScrivenerRook
I'll certainly try it one day, and if nothing else, I'll see what I can do on my own time! I'm not great with deadlines, so I doubt I'd be very motivated during NaNo anyway xD Thank you :)
@ScrivenerRook
I'll certainly try it one day, and if nothing else, I'll see what I can do on my own time! I'm not great with deadlines, so I doubt I'd be very motivated during NaNo anyway xD Thank you :)
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 16