Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [Lore] The Clan of Falling Embers
1 2
[center][color=red][size=7][font=Times New Roman]The Falling Ember Times[/font][/size] [size=2][font=Times New Roman]Issue #1[/font][/size][/color] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/icons/fire_rune_20.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/images/icons/fire_rune_20.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/images/icons/fire_rune_20.png[/img][/center] [center][color=red][size=6][font=Times New Roman]Rebellion in Fire![/font][/size][/color][/center] [font=Times New Roman][color=orange]Tempers are surging and tensions are rising. Most dragons have heard of the recent rebellion that took place in the Ashfall Waste. Led by a female Coatl named Por, the rebels claimed that the forgemasters of the blacksmith's guild were being unfair to them, prizing their own wealth above the well-being and livelihoods of the blacksmiths they hired. Por herself stated in a speech to her fellow blacksmiths that "[The forgemasters] have put the gleam of gold above the children of the Flamecaller, casting aside the throngs of hard-working dragons that allowed them to compete in an evolving realm.” It started, though, with a day of bad pay. One day of bad pay was enough to start grumbles of resentment and rumors about the guild. But the real catalyst was Great Furnace Forgeworks being closed. With no job and therefore, no pay, resentment and rumors boiled over into rage. Soon after, Por made her speech to the blacksmiths. The Coatl had told the blacksmiths, "For those that trust my judgment, meet me at the Flintlock Fumaroles." There, at Flintrock Fumaroles, a series of terrestrial vents that expelled volcanic gases in quick, loud bursts, Por made her speech, talking about how the forgemasters had decided that the blacksmiths were no longer of use to them. She stated, "They believe that the key to a stronger, more productive fire dragonflight exists in a surge of elemental essence beneath our feet." Then she claimed that she knew where this surge would happen before finishing off by saying, "We are the forgeworkers! We are the blacksmiths! We swing the hammers! We stoke the flames! And we have pure elemental fire on our side!" to roars of agreement from the crowd that had come to listen to her. Many blacksmiths joined Por after her speech. Witnesses state that for ten days, Por and her allies waited patiently for the so-called "surge of elemental essence". Then, they said, on the tenth day, "a miles-strong swath of water boiled angrily with spouts of steam rising into the cool air..." This was the first indication of anything strange. As the day went on, this continued, beginning to form an island. One witness said that Por herself wondered whether the Flamecaller was at work here, continuing the work of the ancient stories. It took the better part of the day for the land mass to grow into the form of an infant volcano. According to our sources, Por's rebels then began to settle onto the newly-formed island, claiming it for their own. Only time will tell if the rebel's claims are true. We are attempting to secure an interview with the forgemasters to hear their side of the story. Meanwhile, we spoke with Lady Fireborn Embercrowne. She stated, "We are keeping close watch on the situation. If it escalates, the Clan will be alerted as soon as possible. We must hope that no violence occurs, which seems hopeful as of now. We will also continue to attempt to find out the truth about whether or not the forgemasters are truly being unfair to those they hire."[/color][/font] [center][color=red][size=5][font=Times New Roman]The Inside Scoop On: Lady Embercrowne[/font][/size][/color][/center] [font=Times New Roman][color=orange]Every dragon of the Clan of Falling Embers knows who Lady Fireborn Embercrowne is. The powerful ruler of the Clan, however, is surrounded by mystery and intrigue. Here, we untangle the myths and the facts about our Clan leader. Not much is known of Lady Embercrowne's early life. She has stated in interviews, "I hatched alone, with no parents. I was the perfect target of the BeastClans, and of course, I was attacked by them." She was grievously wounded by the attack and near death when the brutal attempt on her life finally ended. Lady Embercrowne recalls little of what happened after that. She only knows that she woke up maybe a day later, starving and changed. Metal vents covered her wounded skin, enchanted to be forever cold as to be impervious to melting. But the most shocking part was what could be seen inside the vents. Where there should have been flesh and blood was pure elemental fire, a roiling mass of molten heat. When asked about who she thinks saved her, Lady Embercrowne stated, "It was the Flamecaller. There is no other being powerful enough to do such a thing, at least, that we know of. [i]Why[/i] the Flamecaller saved me, I do not know." Her being saved by the almost mythical deity of the Fire Flight is the reason she is often called the 'Daughter of the Flamecaller' among many in the Clan. Soon after, Lady Embercrowne gained companions. She found her familiar, a Death's-Head Stag known as Antler, and met her Charge while wandering around in the Emberglow Hearth. Her Charge was a male Mirror named Shadowbird. We know him today as Lord Shadowbird Embercrowne. She realized that he was her Charge and Lord Embercrowne joined her, along with his Parda companions. The two, according to Lady Embercrowne, quickly fell in love and became mates. She was not very forthcoming on that topic, and instead stated that "After we became mates, we decided to settle down, as I was expecting eggs. We wanted to raise our hatchlings safely, and we decided that we could do that best in a Clan. There were no Clans nearby, and so, we founded our own. The Clan of Falling Embers." Soon, members began to join as rumors spread about a Fire Clan led by a dragon blessed by the Flamecaller herself. "When [my first nest] hatched," Lady Embercrowne stated, "they were safe members of a large and loving Clan. I am glad that they were able to experience a safe and happy hatchlinghood." Eventually, the small Clan Lady and Lord Embercrowne founded became the Clan we know today.[/color][/font] [center][color=red][size=5][font=Times New Roman]Ask Pyrefeather![/font][/size][/color][/center] [font=Times New Roman][color=orange][b]Q:[/b] Dear Pyrefeather, My mate has abandoned me for many other dragons. What should I do? Sincerely, Lonely [b]A:[/b] Dear Lonely, Oh no! First of all: I'm terribly sorry. Second of all: Maybe you should have a talk with her. Confront her about her behavior and see how she explains herself. Even if she doesn't stop abandoning you for others, you'll feel better and both of you will gain understanding. Sincerely, Pyrefeather [b]Q:[/b] Dear Pyrefeather, My adult son has decided to join the Cult of Crepescular. Should I allow him to do so? Sincerely, Torn [b]A:[/b] Dear Torn, I understand that you don't want your son to join the Cult. However, since he is an adult, he should be making his own decisions. That doesn't mean you can't advise him, though. Have a talk with him. Have him list his reasons for joining, and list your reasons for not wanting him to join. Sincerely, Pyrefeather [b]Q:[/b] Dear Pyrefeather, My mate doesn't want to have eggs, but I do! What should I do? Sincerely, Wishful-Mother [b]A:[/b] Dear Wishful-Mother, I, too, have had children with my mate, and I can tell you: It's a wonderful experience. Have a talk with your mate. Maybe he has reasons of his own for not wanting hatchlings. Sincerely, Pyrefeather[/color][/font]
The Falling Ember Times
Issue #1

fire_rune_20.pngfire_rune_20.pngfire_rune_20.png
Rebellion in Fire!

Tempers are surging and tensions are rising.

Most dragons have heard of the recent rebellion that took place in the Ashfall Waste. Led by a female Coatl named Por, the rebels claimed that the forgemasters of the blacksmith's guild were being unfair to them, prizing their own wealth above the well-being and livelihoods of the blacksmiths they hired. Por herself stated in a speech to her fellow blacksmiths that "[The forgemasters] have put the gleam of gold above the children of the Flamecaller, casting aside the throngs of hard-working dragons that allowed them to compete in an evolving realm.”

It started, though, with a day of bad pay.

One day of bad pay was enough to start grumbles of resentment and rumors about the guild. But the real catalyst was Great Furnace Forgeworks being closed. With no job and therefore, no pay, resentment and rumors boiled over into rage. Soon after, Por made her speech to the blacksmiths.

The Coatl had told the blacksmiths, "For those that trust my judgment, meet me at the Flintlock Fumaroles." There, at Flintrock Fumaroles, a series of terrestrial vents that expelled volcanic gases in quick, loud bursts, Por made her speech, talking about how the forgemasters had decided that the blacksmiths were no longer of use to them. She stated, "They believe that the key to a stronger, more productive fire dragonflight exists in a surge of elemental essence beneath our feet." Then she claimed that she knew where this surge would happen before finishing off by saying, "We are the forgeworkers! We are the blacksmiths! We swing the hammers! We stoke the flames! And we have pure elemental fire on our side!" to roars of agreement from the crowd that had come to listen to her.

Many blacksmiths joined Por after her speech. Witnesses state that for ten days, Por and her allies waited patiently for the so-called "surge of elemental essence". Then, they said, on the tenth day, "a miles-strong swath of water boiled angrily with spouts of steam rising into the cool air..." This was the first indication of anything strange.

As the day went on, this continued, beginning to form an island. One witness said that Por herself wondered whether the Flamecaller was at work here, continuing the work of the ancient stories.

It took the better part of the day for the land mass to grow into the form of an infant volcano. According to our sources, Por's rebels then began to settle onto the newly-formed island, claiming it for their own.

Only time will tell if the rebel's claims are true. We are attempting to secure an interview with the forgemasters to hear their side of the story.

Meanwhile, we spoke with Lady Fireborn Embercrowne. She stated, "We are keeping close watch on the situation. If it escalates, the Clan will be alerted as soon as possible. We must hope that no violence occurs, which seems hopeful as of now. We will also continue to attempt to find out the truth about whether or not the forgemasters are truly being unfair to those they hire."

The Inside Scoop On: Lady Embercrowne

Every dragon of the Clan of Falling Embers knows who Lady Fireborn Embercrowne is. The powerful ruler of the Clan, however, is surrounded by mystery and intrigue. Here, we untangle the myths and the facts about our Clan leader.

Not much is known of Lady Embercrowne's early life. She has stated in interviews, "I hatched alone, with no parents. I was the perfect target of the BeastClans, and of course, I was attacked by them." She was grievously wounded by the attack and near death when the brutal attempt on her life finally ended.

Lady Embercrowne recalls little of what happened after that. She only knows that she woke up maybe a day later, starving and changed. Metal vents covered her wounded skin, enchanted to be forever cold as to be impervious to melting. But the most shocking part was what could be seen inside the vents. Where there should have been flesh and blood was pure elemental fire, a roiling mass of molten heat.

When asked about who she thinks saved her, Lady Embercrowne stated, "It was the Flamecaller. There is no other being powerful enough to do such a thing, at least, that we know of. Why the Flamecaller saved me, I do not know." Her being saved by the almost mythical deity of the Fire Flight is the reason she is often called the 'Daughter of the Flamecaller' among many in the Clan.

Soon after, Lady Embercrowne gained companions. She found her familiar, a Death's-Head Stag known as Antler, and met her Charge while wandering around in the Emberglow Hearth. Her Charge was a male Mirror named Shadowbird. We know him today as Lord Shadowbird Embercrowne. She realized that he was her Charge and Lord Embercrowne joined her, along with his Parda companions.

The two, according to Lady Embercrowne, quickly fell in love and became mates. She was not very forthcoming on that topic, and instead stated that "After we became mates, we decided to settle down, as I was expecting eggs. We wanted to raise our hatchlings safely, and we decided that we could do that best in a Clan. There were no Clans nearby, and so, we founded our own. The Clan of Falling Embers."

Soon, members began to join as rumors spread about a Fire Clan led by a dragon blessed by the Flamecaller herself. "When [my first nest] hatched," Lady Embercrowne stated, "they were safe members of a large and loving Clan. I am glad that they were able to experience a safe and happy hatchlinghood."

Eventually, the small Clan Lady and Lord Embercrowne founded became the Clan we know today.

Ask Pyrefeather!

Q: Dear Pyrefeather,
My mate has abandoned me for many other dragons. What should I do?
Sincerely,
Lonely
A: Dear Lonely,
Oh no! First of all: I'm terribly sorry. Second of all: Maybe you should have a talk with her. Confront her about her behavior and see how she explains herself. Even if she doesn't stop abandoning you for others, you'll feel better and both of you will gain understanding.
Sincerely,
Pyrefeather

My adult son has decided to join the Cult of Crepescular. Should I allow him to do so?
Sincerely,
Torn
A: Dear Torn,
I understand that you don't want your son to join the Cult. However, since he is an adult, he should be making his own decisions. That doesn't mean you can't advise him, though. Have a talk with him. Have him list his reasons for joining, and list your reasons for not wanting him to join.
Sincerely,
Pyrefeather

My mate doesn't want to have eggs, but I do! What should I do?
Sincerely,
Wishful-Mother
A: Dear Wishful-Mother,
I, too, have had children with my mate, and I can tell you: It's a wonderful experience. Have a talk with your mate. Maybe he has reasons of his own for not wanting hatchlings.
Sincerely,
Pyrefeather
PQznZys.png
1 2